Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:42 AM

Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen (7470 Views)

Dickson Rejects Conduct Of Election In Southern Ijaw / Buhari Expresses Satisfaction With Conduct Of Polls / Nigeria Policemen Need Special Anointing –pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by Pukkah: 5:13pm On Jan 24, 2012
From the return of democracy in 1999, which of the Inspector Generals of Police has tried to make a clear difference: Musiliu Smith, Kehinde Ehindero, Ogbonnaya Onovo, Mike Okiro, Hafiz Ringim?

The next IGP must be appointed based on merit and capacity and should be ready to shake the Police ti its roots in order to give us the kind of Police we desire.
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by Pukkah: 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2012
The Intelligence-gathering ability of the Nigeria Police is zilch! embarassed In the fast-paced modern world of today, they are still employing crude and primitive methods to fight crime.

The Nigeria Police lacks the operational capacity to fight crime and insecurity. The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) is moribund due to lack of functional equipment and other problems.

No wonder they have become sitting ducks for Boko Haram.

Can this Police fight Boko? Can they fight armed robbery? Can they tackle kidnapping? Can they uproot advanced fee fraud?
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by Pukkah: 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2012
We have the Inspector General of Police, the Ministry of Police Affairs, and the Police Service Commission. How effective are these offices?
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by Pukkah: 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2012
Is the problem of the Police funding, equipment, or the quality of its manpower? undecided Or are all the problems traceable to corruption?

Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by Ultrame(m): 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2012
Na today?
We are all guilty in one way or the other, of causing the mess that is the Nigerian Police today! Here's why:

Remember that hideous cousin of yours that couldn’t pass his JSS 3 exams? What advice did you give him? Here, let me juggle your memory: "GO AND JOIN THE POLICE!" That was what you said.

What about your bully, illiterate "friend" that was constantly getting the boot at his brick-layer's apprenticeship? Yeah, you gave him the same advice, "GO AND JOIN THE POLICE".

Regrettably, they took your advice and the police is now littered with "brutal" entities who have failed at everything else and nonentities whose moral characters couldn’t go any lower.

I think it's a little bit hypocritical to do a U-turn and chant "Down-with-the-Police" slogans at the top of our collective voices.

The question we should all ask ourselves is: "How do we remove the rot that is the Nigerian Police without turning our "Cousins" and "Failed Brick-layer apprentices" into well-trained armed robbers within the twinkle of an eye?

Food for thought.
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by andyanders: 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2012
Your greatest worst enemy is the Nigerian Policemen. The fear of Nigerian policemen is the beginning of wisdom. Let the man contact human right lawyers and write petition to the Senate. Also take their ID cards to all Nigerian newspapers and have their ID published. Most robberies have police as an insider.
Never make friends with them and never invite them to your house. That is a word of wisdom for you. 98% of them are corrupt. Only 2% clean. Even if he/she is your brother or sister, know how you familiarize with them. They get into the system and the system corrupts them and they become something else. The change over night and become terror.
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by ollyruffy: 7:12pm On Jan 24, 2012
NIGERIA POLICE,

The only Legalised, Certified, Licenced Armed Robbers in Nigeria.
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2012
Why has nothing been done about this?
I don't think that filthy, back-water disgrace of a country even has an IGP at the moment.

Nigerian politicians don't even have the right to look me in the eye.
They should hang their head low when in front of the leaders of other countries, for they are failures one in all.
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by executinal(m): 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2012
Pukkah:

Why is the Nigeria Police sinking deeper and deeper into shame and ignominy?
the bastards in black uniform abi angry angry
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by activities: 11:04pm On Jan 24, 2012
I will trust a security guard beside me than a Nigerian police officer. LOL
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by philip0906(m): 12:04am On Jan 25, 2012
d truth remains dat as corruption began 2 eat deep in2 d executive,legislative and judicial arm of govt,it spread rapidly 2 other parts of the countries public/bureacratic set-up without it being nipped in d bud by successive govts who only oiled and fueled corruption.My mum used 2 tell me dat back then,a policeman never openly collected bribe but used style and dat no police dared collect bribe openly during idiagbon's WAI(war against indiscipline).Gradually,as corruption began 2 take a foot-hold of our entire polity including d private sector without it being checked,d once shy policemen became bold and daring and began collecting and giving change with authourity.So d only way it will stop is when corruption is tackled 4rm d top and then it spreads down 2 d bottom.
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by Akiika: 12:42am On Jan 25, 2012
Seriously guys, someone should help this guy seek justice. I suggest you post your story on Sahara Reporters, someone will see it and take it up. On my last visit to Naija, i was so scared whenever i see a police checkpoint ahead.
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by logica(m): 3:31am On Jan 25, 2012
Ultrame:

"How do we remove the rot that is the Nigerian Police without turning our "Cousins" and "Failed Brick-layer apprentices" into well-trained armed robbers within the twinkle of an eye?
Oh, so what are they right now? That question is not as profound as you convinced yourself to believe.
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by Ultrame(m): 8:23am On Jan 25, 2012
logica:

Oh, so what are they right now? That question is not as profound as you convinced yourself to believe.

^^^^^
Trust me my friend, it could be worse. Imagine what will happen if all the ignominious bastards in the Nigerian Police are flushed out at once. My guess is that they wont need to cover their berettas with old newspapers anymore.
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by baslone: 8:34am On Jan 25, 2012
The ones that robbed me and friend at Adeniran Ogunsanya in surulere some years back were in full uniform with a pick-up van packed. They slapped my friend, seized and took all the money in our wallets. They threw it at the back seat of our car and directed us to drive off before they change their minds! Ȋ̝̊̅† was around midnight! Such a bad experience!
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by Pukkah: 9:03am On Jan 25, 2012
baslone:

The ones that robbed me and friend at Adeniran Ogunsanya in surulere some years back were in full uniform with a pick-up van packed. They slapped my friend, seized and took all the money in our wallets. They threw it at the back seat of our car and directed us to drive off before they change their minds! Ȋ̝̊̅† was around midnight! Such a bad experience!

This is horrific! Imagine being robbed by the same people that are supposed to protect you and your properties! shocked

All good men should join the crusade to call for the urgent and radical reforms of the Nigeria Police.

If things continue like this, they will soon graduate from open collection of bribes to open robbery of citizens within the city in broad daylight.
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 25, 2012
grin grin grin Looking at those pictures of Policemen posted. LWKMD
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by Pukkah: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2012
The next Inspector General of Police must be someone with a delivery mindset who can inject new blood into the organization. Mr President should also set clear and challenging targets for the Ministry of Police Affairs while the Police Service Commission should be rejuvenated.
Re: Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen by logica(m): 12:23pm On Jan 25, 2012
Ultrame:

Imagine what will happen if all the ignominious bastards in the Nigerian Police are flushed out at once. My guess is that they wont need to cover their berettas with old newspapers anymore.
It would be a good opportunity to waste them all. smiley If capable men replace these sub-humans, then they can be wiped out if they decide to turn on the society. Simple as that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution / Fashola Tasks LCCI On Okada Riders Business Plan / 2023 Presidency: Court Dismisses Suit Challenging Atiku’s Eligibility To Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.