Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

If You Were Jonathan What Will You Do Concerning Nigeria Security Situation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were Jonathan What Will You Do Concerning Nigeria Security Situation (1498 Views)

If I Were Jonathan, I ‘ll Crack Nigeria – Agbakoba, SAN / The Year 2019 AD; After Jonathan What Next For The Igbo Nation?- Ifeduba / Amaechi And Jonathan: What Caused The Rift ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were Jonathan What Will You Do Concerning Nigeria Security Situation by DrummaBoy(m): 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2012
We were discusing this with friends this evening and I thought to know what NLanders views
What will U do if U were GEJ?
Re: If You Were Jonathan What Will You Do Concerning Nigeria Security Situation by aljharem(m): 8:32pm On Jan 24, 2012
It is a difficult one and also we don't know the informations GEJ knows so we can not do a correct assection to it but based on what I know so far i would do the following.

1. Gain the trust of the people and tell them the truth but not all the secrets

2. Shoot on sight policy against boko haram

3. Arrest Asari Dokubo for even starting bombing in Nigeria and giving others ideas

4. Register every Nigerian in a database.

5. Military check points in Kano, Borno, Yobe, Adamawa and each person should provide his name which would be entered in a database and the face should match that of the picture.

6. NEVER ATTEMPT TO PRIVATISE THE MARINE. Bad bad bad Idea

7. Register all Military personal and police officer in a data base network with facial recognition which would be periodically checked by different officers .

8. Make a Nigerian "FBI" that investigate thing thoroughly and since the database is there, there job would be made a lot easier

9. Give each new police member an intense training for at least 6 months.

10. Let my people ( Nigerian) see what I am doing so they would know I am not just sitting and looking while they die. I care about them.

All this would cost billions of Naira but I believe if I reduce the salaries and allowances each senator etc gets, I would be able to achieve this within a year or a year and 6 months.
Re: If You Were Jonathan What Will You Do Concerning Nigeria Security Situation by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 24, 2012
Launch a 2 point plan to Nigeria's stability.
Point 1. Short-term solution
Point 2. Long Term solution

Short term solution to focus on how to battle BokoHaram to standstill, improved intelligence gathering, more boots on the ground (if this means withdrawing all our soldiers from peace-keeping missions in Africa to help this surge at home so be it). Mounting massive road blocks and check points in all the state capitals in the affected areas. No more carrying petrol in jerry cans! if the one you have in the car finishes and you can't find a filling station to buy petrol join public transport.

Long term solution will focus on restructuring Nigeria, manning our boarders better, placing more power and responsibility in the hands of regional/Local Governments, streamling the FG, reducing its cost, and changing the aspects of the constitution or rewritting it in its entirerity to support these changes!

Not easy but it has to be done and start we must!
Re: If You Were Jonathan What Will You Do Concerning Nigeria Security Situation by nuclearboy(m): 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2012
Honestly, I'd turn it back against them

He has his ND militants and they seem obviously in contact with GEJ!

I would arm them and get them to impersonate Boko Haram and bomb\take out two "heavy" AND heavily respected Emirs in a destructive and shocking SinParty of violence that would finally turn northerners against boko haram to the point that the north would destroy them without any government intervention. This would also give him so much leeway that picking up the Atikus (if anything has pointed to them) would be easy. It would alsoi allow him cleanse his government!

But then, that is me and not the senseless thugs who just want cash in their accounts and who use their brains twice annually and have no balls
Re: If You Were Jonathan What Will You Do Concerning Nigeria Security Situation by DrummaBoy(m): 9:34pm On Jan 24, 2012
Thank U peeps 4 d contribution
@Alj harem, what has happened to d national ID scheme? That scheme could help a lot U kno
Re: If You Were Jonathan What Will You Do Concerning Nigeria Security Situation by DrummaBoy(m): 10:28pm On Jan 24, 2012
I hope to put the ideas together here and maybe we give it to Beaf, Jonathan assistant to NL, to help us pass it on to Oga. At least it not all critism, let find a solution to Nigeria's trouble.

(1) (Reply)

Compare And Contrast :GEJ Vs BUHARI / A Man Witch Was Caught This Morning As He Plan To Distroy Ozoro With Flood Water / For Nigeria To Get Better These People Must Be Legally Sentenced to Death !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.