Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** (6362 Views)

X-men: First Class' Follow-up Previously Converse / X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography / X-men: Last Stand Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2011
I like all the X-men movies

X-Men was simply amazing
X-Men 2 was also highly entertaining
X3 was slightly bad as compared to the other two. but i loved it anyways.

whos your favorite character?

I like Storm. shes the best~~

has the mutation/power of Weather Manipulation
Lighting bolts, wind, rain, etc., flight by 'riding' wind currents. Real name: Ororo Munroe

Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by iice(f): 5:43pm On Feb 17, 2011
It's not x-men 4, since it has to do with when they were younger. . .anyway

two is the best. . .one of the rare movies where a sequel surpasses the first.

Best Xmen would be Wolverine i'm a sucker for badasses grin, mystique, storm and iceman. .
I tend to add and subtract everytime, but those 4 remain the staple.
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 7:04pm On Feb 17, 2011
lol  grin u love weird characterz- mystique ? cheesy
we r so different when it comes 2 movie characterz
I love the gentle n less aggressive

mystique
  has the mutation/power of   Superhuman Agility
Her power affords her poison immunity, minor reactive abilities, slowed aging and enhanced senses. Real name: Raven Darkholme

Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 7:27pm On Feb 17, 2011
X-Men: First Class

Studio: 20th Century Fox

Director: Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass, Layer Cake)

Cast: Aaron Johnson, James McAvoy

Scheduled Release Date: 6/3/2011

Out of all the Origins stories Marvel could tell in the X-Men franchise, I’m not too keen on Professor Wheelchair and Magnet Man. We saw a glimpse of Magneto’s origins in the first X-Men and I don’t exactly remember Sir Charles X ever getting the back story treatment. Matt Vaughn, who directed cult favorite Kick-Ass (that already has a sequel announced), will helm this project and it’s rumored his male lead in Kick-Ass Aaron Johnson will play Magneto while Wanted’s James McAvoy takes time out of his schedule to stop bending bullets with his gun and starts bending bullets with his mind. Mind control versus metal control. Mental vs. Metal. Brian vs. Bronze. Come to think of it, I’m getting more and more pumped with these opponents. I personally enjoyed seeing the evolution of Wolverine and Sabertooth from brothers to mortal enemies, but that deconstruction was muscle-backed physicality whereas this is more of high octane chess game.

Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by Wbong: 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2011
Wolverine
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 6:27am On Feb 19, 2011
It's not x-men 4, since it has to do with when they were younger. . .anyway

I just found out----damn the director! who cares abt what happened years bf?
it supposed to be the continuation of part 3--so upset! sobs* sobs*

X-Men: First Class synopsis

Charles Xavier and Erik Magnus Lensherr met as young men in the 1960s at Oxford University. Xavier received doctorates in theology and philosophy with post-graduate work in International Development Studies at the U.N. Xavier was a wealthy son of English gentry and had studied at Eton, excelling in physics, calculus, and chemistry as well as captaining the school's la crosse team. Lensherr was the son of a Jewish physician in Germany pre-WWII. His parents and nearly all extended family were gassed by Nazi death squads at Auschwitz. Lensherr's mutant ability to control metal via magnetic manipulation allowed him to break out of a cattle stock car and escape to France where he served briefly in the guerrilla resistance. After the Allies stormed the beaches at Normandy, Lensherr volunteered to act as an interpreter for British Intelligence (he spoke French, German, English, and Hebrew) as liberated Jews were re-located to the fledgling country, Trans-Jordan (now Israel). Impressed by his linguistics, Lensherr was awarded a scholarship to study at Oxford, where he met a charismatic young Xavier. The two students became fast friends, based on respect for each other's intellects, while maintaining a rivalry on politics, ethics, and religion. In 1965, Xavier revealed his psychic powers by manipulating student uprisings via peaceful means. Lensherr was intrigued by the possibilities of controlling other people's minds, while Xavier asserted a universal Right to Free Will. Through a clandestine operation funded by Britain's MI5 and the CIA, Xavier & Lensherr opened the first School of Mutant Resources to study the new phenomena of "homo superior"--humans with a mutant "X" gene, which enabled preternatural powers. Among the first students to enroll were Scott Summers (Cyclops,) Hank McCoy (Beast,) Jean Grey (Phoenix,) Ororo Munroe (Storm,) Raven Darkholme (Mystique,) Mortimer Toynbee (Toad) and Emma Frost (White Queen). Rival factions surfaced as half of the students empathized with Xavier's dream of peaceful co-existence with humans vs Lensherr's belief that humans were inferior and deserved slavery. These ideals started to solidify as more human civilians became aware of mutant-kind and generally reacted with fear and hatred. Meanwhile, the U.S. military began its own black-ops program titled "Weapon X" capturing and brainwashing powerful mutants to serve as alternatives to nuclear or chemical programs. Xavier and Lensherr designed and built Cerebro in a secret, underground facility in Westchester, New York in order to track "wild mutants" i.e. mutants who did not know they had powers or how to control them. Again, Xavier hoped these new mutants could be trained for (and would choose) peace, while Lensherr maintained a more aggressive stance. After an angry xenophobic mob killed a young mutant boy (Banshee), who had developed gills and webbed fingers, Lensherr struck back against the perpetrators, "outing" himself by causing metal garden tools to fly through the air and impale 4 people. He then began calling himself MAGNETO and urged his students/followers to take on a code name reflecting their individual powers. Chasing Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants to a secret base in the middle of Antarctica, Xavier and his followers (now calling themselves X-Men) sought to extradite Magneto to the United States', Guantanamo prison, but in the battle Magneto used a shard of metal to sever Xavier's spinal cord, leaving him paralyzed. Using the combined powers of Cerebro, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, and himself, Xavier wiped the collective memory of mutant-kind from 99% of humans on Earth. However, Colonel William Stryker used an adamantium shield to preserve his own memories and secretly took over Weapon X's training facilities (located underneath Alkali Lake in British Colombia) and wild mutants for his own purposes. *Note: Magneto also created a helmet to shield his brain from Xavier's control.
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by semid4lyfe(m): 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2011
Interesting synopsis

Looking forward eagerly to it
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 1:00am On May 10, 2011
one month to go!!!
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by obinna5000(m): 1:08am On May 10, 2011
@ijaw_girl
Its not X-Men 4. Its X-Men: First Class.
X-Men - First Class is a prequel to the first 3 movies and not a direct sequel.

Well, I can't wait to watch it as well on June 3 2011.
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 2:04am On May 10, 2011
not really excited abt it
but still gonna watch x
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 11:35pm On May 31, 2011
3 days to go!
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by obinna5000(m): 11:58pm On May 31, 2011
X-Men: First Class release dates:

U.K. - June 1 2011
U.S. and Canada - June 3 2011
South Africa - June 3 2011
Nigeria - June 10 2011 (hopefully) cheesy
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 11:27pm On Jun 06, 2011
so how was it?

start that review pple!
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by sanjaysing: 8:11am On Jun 07, 2011
i watched X Men First Class movie last sunday.wao such a awesome to watch.this is the best movie that i have watched.i suggest you to watch this movie.i am sure you will liked this movie.now you can also Download X-Men: First Class movie with great video quality so enjoy the movie.
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2011
X men~first class wuz the sh*t
Its was good to see how it all started
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by semid4lyfe(m): 7:58am On Jul 17, 2011
X-Men First Class is the kinda movie you watch and you're like "so this is it?" undecided It lacks that WOW factor and I dare say X-Men and X-Men 2 were better. . . .

X-Men: First Class = An over-hyped movie. I'd score it 6/10

@ Ijaw_Girl
Were did you get that fake synopsis you posted up there from? grin
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by Tunexsy(m): 10:44am On Jul 17, 2011
Rogue is my favourite mutant
Mutant powers
Rogue possesses the mutant
ability to absorb the psyche
and abilities of another
human being (or members of
some sentient alien races)
through skin contact. Rogue
can absorb the memories,
knowledge, talents,
personality, and physical
abilities (whether
superhuman or not) of the
person she touches, as well as
occasionally duplicating in
herself physical
characteristics of her victim.
The victim's abilities and
memories are absorbed for a
one to 60 ratio of time of
contact. The victim loses
those abilities and memories
for exactly the amount of
time that Rogue possesses
them. This absorption usually
leaves the victim weakened,
and sometimes renders them
unconscious. Their powers
may also be temporarily
weakened or removed.
Rogue's power is constantly
active, rendering her
incapable of touching others
without the absorption
process taking place.
However, evidence suggests
that Rogue's inability to
control her powers is
psychological in nature.
During the times when the
Ms. Marvel personality would
overtake her psyche, she was
able to touch people freely.
[64] This fact has since been
corroborated by the discovery
that Rogue's absorption
power never developed
beyond the stage of its
original manifestation.[51]
Xavier later rectified this by
telepathically removing the
psychological barriers
stunting it.[51]
The transfer of abilities is
usually temporary, lasting
for a period of time relative
to how long contact is
maintained, but if Rogue
holds on to her victim for too
long, the transfer may
become permanent, leaving
the victim nearly dead, as was
the case with Ms. Marvel.
However, it must also be
noted that Ms. Marvel fought
the transfer process, which
Rogue attested to sometime
after the incident occurred.
Most often this process
happens instantly when
Rogue touches someone, but
certain extraordinarily
powerful beings have proven
resistant to Rogue's power,
and she may only share part
of their memories and power,
as was the case when Rogue
once attempted to absorb
power from the alien Magus.
However, in the process of
doing so she gained an
immunity to the Technarch
transmode virus.[65][66]
As Rogue is absorbing the
total psyche of a person,
there is a risk of a
personality overwhelming
her and taking control of her
body. It has also been shown
that even though the
memories she has absorbed
eventually fade when a
psyche returns to its body,
remnants, or 'echoes', of the
personalities of victims
whose memories she has
absorbed remain buried in
her subconscious indefinitely,
and while there is little to no
risk of those personalities
overwhelming her like the Ms.
Marvel personality could,
they can occasionally make
their presences known.
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by obinna5000(m): 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2011
"X-Men 2" (2003) and "X-Men First Class" (2011) are the best in the X-Men film franchise.
"X-Men" (2000) was good as well anyway.
Re: X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** by ijawgirl: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2011
yea Xmen last stand was crap
the prof x died, the whole movie was just bleh

(1) (Reply)

Download All Latest Nigerian Yoruba Movies Here / Where Can I Download Fast And Furious 8 / Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.