Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

How Do I Get A Gps Cordinate Into A Program - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Get A Gps Cordinate Into A Program (3589 Views)

Help:..please Does Anybody Know How I Can Make A Gps Driven App / A Program To Tell Ur Zodiac Sign / [problem] Write A Program In C++ That Finds The Hcf Of 2 Numbers Without Using A Recursive Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get A Gps Cordinate Into A Program by dustydee: 11:06pm On Jan 24, 2012
I am writing an application which will read the coordinates from a GPS into a .Net program, please how do I do that. The GPC to computer interface is USB but other options available. Please links are welcome too. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Get A Gps Cordinate Into A Program by dellnet: 10:08am On Jan 25, 2012
Depend on your device type. For example my java enabled phone I can use Java API to get data from the GPS embedded in it.
Re: How Do I Get A Gps Cordinate Into A Program by Beaf: 12:03pm On Jan 25, 2012
dustydee:

I am writing an application which will read the coordinates from a GPS into a .Net program, please how do I do that. The GPC to computer interface is USB but other options available. Please links are welcome too. Thanks.

You have not stated the exact nature of your problem. Is it that you don't know where to start with communicating with a USB device? If so, you can use the generic native Windows USB driver (Winusb.sys).
If you are comfortable with C++, then this is a good resource:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff540174(v=vs.85).aspx

If C# or VB.NET are your thing, you could try this wrapper lib around Winusb.sys:
http://code.google.com/p/winusbnet/

If you want infrared, bluetooth and objectExchange, try a really mature library like 32feet.NET (http://inthehand.com/content/32feet.aspx)
Re: How Do I Get A Gps Cordinate Into A Program by dustydee: 9:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
Thanks. What I want to do is retrieve the coordinates from the GPS(using the program) and then make use of it(i.e the coordinates).It's a location based app that requires the use of the coordinates.
Re: How Do I Get A Gps Cordinate Into A Program by Beaf: 2:07am On Jan 26, 2012
Re: How Do I Get A Gps Cordinate Into A Program by dustydee: 7:44am On Jan 27, 2012
Thanks man, I will have a look at it.

(1) (Reply)

Naija Coder: Test Your Coding Skills Now / Sharing My Ocmjd Certification Experience / 10 Free Python Ebooks So That People Can Learn As They Make Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.