Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? (49858 Views)

Why Genitals Are Darker Than Other Body Parts / Body Fortress Super Advance Whey Protein. N13,000 / Quality Body Building Supplements, Where To Get Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by jeffiejay(m): 2:52pm On Jan 25, 2012
Hello Nairaland! I'm an avid fitness lover and I want to add mass and get leaner. I've used quite a few supplements to good effects but I'll like to try new ones. I've tried to do a few procurements online but it'll take about a month for the shipment to get to Nigeria. I'll like to know where I can get any body building supplements in Lagos, most especially Whey protein products.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by Geoforever(f): 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2012
VE GOT A PLACE 4 YOU&AM SURE U LL ALWAYS GO BACK THERE.U CAN CALL ME ON 08035151554,FOR D DIRECTION
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by jeffiejay(m): 6:56am On Jan 26, 2012
Ok. Thanks a lot. But why don't you just put the address of the place here?

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by WAVixen: 5:06pm On Jan 26, 2012
Try the health stores, like medplus. The ones I know are Medplus on Adeniran Ogunsunya. There is another one in the former Adeniran Ogunsunya shopping complex that now houses Shop rite in Surulere. There is a medplus in The Palms shopping mall in Victoria Island. Better still, there is a health food store in the Palms as well.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by jeffiejay(m): 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2012
Woow Vixen! Thanks a whole lot! Yeah, I already had it in mind to check out the health shops in Palms and Adeniran Ogunsanya shopping complex. I looked up some stores online and I found out that MedPlus, HealthPlus and Sportsshop had outlets in Palms. I'll check out these shops as soon as I can. Thanks a lot and God Bless.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by Echala: 2:59pm On Jan 29, 2012
The health and fitness aisle at the game store at the palms lekki 100percent whey protein. The big container goes for 14,000 naira
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by jeffiejay(m): 3:11pm On Jan 29, 2012
Thanks Echala. I check MedPlus and HealthPlus at Shoprite Adeniran Ogunsanya. I found a few products but they were the biggest sizes; 5LB They went for like 28k and 30k. I'll definitely be at the Palms tomorrow and I'll check the Health and fitness aisle at THE GAME. I'll also check HealthPlus and MedPlus. Thanks a lot. God Bless Nairaland.
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by Echala: 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2012
Same thing happened to me, I checked medplus first and saw it for 28k, just didnt make sense to pay that much. I saw the same 5lb container for 14k at game.
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by spicywax(m): 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2012
How come there are limited options for these supplements? Healthplus is a mega rip-off store. Game is also a rip-off but not mega,

@Echala so where did u eventually purchase and where?
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by jeffiejay(m): 3:01am On Jan 31, 2012
Echala. I stormed the Palms yesterday and checked the Game out. Their sports and health aisle was fillllllllled with supplements like you said. Huge bucket-sized to small pocket sized range of supplements. The lowest 5LB there was N9650. Very fair bargain. I went to HealthPlus too but they had about just 10 supplements with none in 5LB. I'll be picking from the Game sometime today. I'm typing this at midnight. Thanks a lot man.

Spicywax. Could you please elaborate on these terms? "Rip-off" and "mega". 'Cos I'm not familiar with them. Thanks.
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by spicywax(m): 6:30am On Jan 31, 2012
Ok I might have used the wrong words but what was I supposed to say?

I ordered and payed online for the following supplements sold at the GAME & HealthPlus and see for yourself and feel my pain.

Six Star Creatine x3 @ $16.99 with a conversion rate of N165 I'm paying N2803.35. This same product sells for N14,200. There's a difference of N11,396.65
Six Star Amino Max 273g @ $10.99 (1,813.35). The Game sells 240gms @ N15,300 (difference of N13,487)
Gold Standard 100% Whey 5.5Lbs @ 52.99 (N8743.35). HealthPlus sells @ N25,970 (difference of N17,227)
GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey 5Lbs @ $69.99 (N11,548.35). HealthPlus sells @ N28,140 (difference of N16,591.65)

Now my prices are not inclusive of shipping but there's no way I would be paying so much (the difference) for shipping.

On a fair note I didn't bother buying the USN 100% protein Whey online cos there was just a difference of about N2,000 which I think was a fair gain for the GAME.

Now when I used the word rip-off I was thinking around the lines of the american slang referring to goods/products that were overpriced. Might have been the wrong choice of word but help me check na,
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by jeffiejay(m): 6:46am On Jan 31, 2012
Oh really? Wooow. Not that's some "rip off" there. I tried buying online too but I didn't get the hang of it properly. I ordered 5lb Whey Gold standard at about $25.9 from amazon.com. But then my friend told me I had to send the product to a shipping company first, and that the shipping company'd ship it down to my adress in Nigeria and collect their shipping charges at the point of delivery. I was a bit confused, cos I always thought all I had to do was enter the address on my Mastercard and pronto, amazon includes shipping fees and totals it and deducts the sum from my Mastercard. I bought a jersey from ManUtd online store a while ago and all I did was enter my details and stuff. I didn't bother about any headache.

I'll like to hear your say on this, the site you used and the general method of online procurement inclusive of shipping process. I hope you'll prove my friend wrong. Thanks a lot.

God Bless Nairaland.
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by spicywax(m): 7:08am On Jan 31, 2012
Well your friend might be right or even wrong. I have never bought stuff 4m Amazon but I shld believe there are options on shipment. Most of these online stores have them. Maybe you should check them out properly or send A̶̲̥̅ query 2 their helpline or whatever its called (on shipping).

I bought my supplements from bodybuilding.com They have options for shipping there but my orders were delivered to my aunt in the US (free shipping cos they were over $45). She included the goods in my elder brother & aunt's goods that are shipped directly to Lagos. I can't say I'm paying for shipment yet cos my brother & aunt are doing me this favour - this time. I might still use this window for my future purchases but I'd sure look @ it too just incase I might need stuff urgently.

Ps: I have purchased some other stuff online (TM Lewin & others) and they came directly to my address. But again drugs/supplements might have stricter policies wen coming into the country.
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by jeffiejay(m): 7:54am On Jan 31, 2012
smiley. Thanks a lot. I should have added prior to my previous reply that I'm a big fan of bodybuilding.com myself, and a member of Bodyspace too. I tried buying but they didn't have Nigeria in the dropdown for contries they ship to. I remember seeing Namibia and was disappointed. I wanted to buy an entire stack but that just took the stuffing out of me. As I don't have people who can help me bring it down here, I'll rather just send a mail to the customer service unit at amazon.com.

I'll have to add that I have a dealer at Idumota though, and we've done business twice. He comes relatively cheap, now that I know the Game's a mega rip off store. But I'm very reluctant to do business with him this time 'cos of the danger in fake health products.

The first person that replied to this thread; Geoforever, dropped his number and offered to help me with some place, but he's never picked up his calls. Few days ago I saw a missed call from him. *shrugs*
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by spicywax(m): 10:01am On Jan 31, 2012
check this link from bodybuilding.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/help/countries.htm

They ship to Nigeria via MyUS.com They have a very good explanation on there. You could also email them, live chat with them or call them on their helpline,

I think its better to check out all the options available to you. Somehow I don't think Amazon is the best option. They might have cheaper rates but shipping might make up for the shortfall.

Yea I know about the Idumota dealers who come relatively "cheap" BUt the fear of fake health products is the beginning of wisdom. I bought NOW's Ultra Omega-3 Softgels for N1,500 only to find out even the manufacturer's prices in bulk is higher than that, Out of fear I just threw them into the trash. I'm not discrediting all them idumota traders but I'll be more comfortable buying directly from these accredited dealers.
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by jeffiejay(m): 7:54pm On Jan 31, 2012
Wooooow! You know what. I actually saw this page while I was on bodybuilding.com but I never really paid it much attention. I have now though. MyUS.com actually makes it a whole lot easier. I've signed up for membership for just 10usd and I got a notification e-mail that any membership be confirmed in 24hours provided that I pass all the card requirements. I have a feeling a made a mistake though, I used a billing address different from the address my bank recognizes. I Googled 'billing address' and it say it's an address where your invoice is sent to and it's mostly always the address on your bank card. I spoke to a live chat client on MyUS.com and he assured me that if anything's wrong with my application they'd contact me. I'm excited. I really am. It's amazing the things I've learned and done through Nairaland. God Bless y'all here.

Spicywax, be sure you have my immense gratitude. Jah Bless bro. I'll keep you abreast of subsequent proceedings via this thread.
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by spicywax(m): 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2012
Its ohk mahn, Nairaland has been of great help 2 me several times and the only way I can show gratitude is to help as much as I can,

I'll be waiting to hear how far you've gone, Cheers bro.
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by jeffiejay(m): 6:52am On Feb 03, 2012
‎​‎​​Hey spicywax. I've been having problems majorly 'cos of my Mastercard. I signed up with myus.com and 10dollars was deducted from my Mastercard, however, a security twist came with it, myUS.com deducted another tiny amount, and told me to contact my bank to tell me how much was deducted. Then I'd enter the amount in dollars into a link on the site for them to confirm that I actually owned the card. Ok I got all alerts on my phone. The tiny amount dedcuted was just N150. MyUS said I had to enter the dollar value, the even had a currency converter, I used it. Still I didn't get the exact amount prolly 'cos of fluctuating exchange rates. I tried thrice, and then was told I couldn't go ahead 'cos I had failed to verify the card. I spoke with live chat agents, he gave me another option of personal shopper. It seemed interesting, they helped me purchase the item and sent me the invoice, well they had to collect their payment too, via my Mastercard. As it is at the moment, I can't use my Mastercard for any online purchase, it's not been blocked 'cos it still works as ATM.
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by McMayor(m): 12:24pm On May 20, 2012
Nice 1 guys..... I never knew i could meet people like you guys on Nairaland.... I have been reading alot about body building supplements too... Well i hope that we are are training hard this 2012. I will also be going to the game to get some stuffs... From BCAA pils & powder, Meal replacement products, creatine, glutamine, protein powders, dextrose etc..... I am a 28y.o guy and i really believe in working out. Enjoy guys,... meet you all at the top.

2 Likes

Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by pufectskin: 2:26am On May 22, 2012
Oh wow am impressed! Didn't know we had men who like to be fit in naij.
I am actually a girl but I am majorly into protein mostly
because I am naturally very skinny. We all are in my family (high metabolism).
Only thing that helps me keep a healthy 118lbs (I am 5ft 5) on is Optimum Nutrition's
Seriou Mass or Mass Bleep by GNC.
I guess its a healthy way to add weight since I am only adding lean mass; i.e muscle not fat.

I am wondering how big the market is for protein though.
Anyways, cheers guys
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by slimming: 6:05am On May 31, 2012
Green World Protein powder will surely be the best one around here.

Green world Protein Powder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by SalehFawaz: 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2012
Saleh Fawaz - 08083654386
based in Lagos
Qualified nutritionist and trainer.
7 years in Malaysia, member of fitness first
Sells only award winning supplements, class A
Supplements used by pro-bodybuilders from Jay Cutler, Coleman and the likes
Nationality - Lebanese/Filipino
age - 25, young and upcoming
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by rainmaker12(m): 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2012
Hi guyz, i realy enjoyed dis thread. but can anyone tell me the right dosage of these numerous supliments? For a very very skinny guy i mean...wink.....
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by McMayor(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2012
rainmaker12: Hi guyz, i realy enjoyed dis thread. but can anyone tell me the right dosage of these numerous supliments? For a very very skinny guy i mean...wink.....

I think you need to talk to a nutritionist first...
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by AKMoney1(m): 7:51pm On Jul 20, 2012
Hey guys, this is really a nice thread. I'm a tall and skinny guy and I wanna add weight so I can look fit but I don't wanna do much workout, can u guys recommend any of these supplements and protein for me? And pls drop ya pins or add me with the pin on my signature. Thanks a lot.
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by healthcons: 7:02am On Jul 21, 2012
Gnld Nutrishake Protein Powder is the right supplement for you. It goes for just N8,500. If you need the product call me on 07082727549. Or visit gnld.com
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by AKMoney1(m): 7:41am On Jul 21, 2012
healthcons: Gnld Nutrishake Protein Powder is the right supplement for you. It goes for just N8,500. If you need the product call me on 07082727549. Or visit gnld.com

What's the work of this powder and how effective is it? Does anyone here recommend this
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by preciousg2: 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
MORINGA OLEIFERA will supply all you need.Get it.Call 08024662011
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by daminho(m): 7:05am On Jul 27, 2012
spicywax: Its ohk mahn, Nairaland has been of great help 2 me several times and the only way I can show gratitude is to help as much as I can,

I'll be waiting to hear how far you've gone, Cheers bro.
Spicywax saw ųя profile, am in port harcourt too...pls can we see? I'll like to ask more questions about this products before buying them...pls u can email me dudedruid@gmail.com, thanks man

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by McMayor(m): 3:37pm On Aug 22, 2012
Actually i dont believe in all this GNLD products. I use Casillan 90(Protein Shakes) also there are some nice Glutamine Shakes, Creatine Shakes too. Also if you think you find it hard to get Protein shakes i will advice you to stick with egg whites... I mean the white part of egg... I take 12 of that daily.... And i use about 4tablets of glutamine in the morning and 4tabs before bed. you can find me on twitter and facebook. Lets gym hard.
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 15, 2012
healthcons: Gnld Nutrishake Protein Powder is the right supplement for you. It goes for just N8,500. If you need the product call me on 07082727549. Or visit gnld.com
seems like it contains soy. Lowers the testerone levels in the body. That's how you see some guys developing moobs, lol.
Re: Where Can I Get Whey Protein And Other Body Building Supplements In Lagos? by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 15, 2012
McMayor: Actually i dont believe in all this GNLD products. I use Casillan 90(Protein Shakes) also there are some nice Glutamine Shakes, Creatine Shakes too. Also if you think you find it hard to get Protein shakes i will advice you to stick with egg whites... I mean the white part of egg... I take 12 of that daily.... And i use about 4tablets of glutamine in the morning and 4tabs before bed. you can find me on twitter and facebook. Lets gym hard.
yea, eggs are awesome. i think u should boil the eggs first, and then remove whites. Apparently, the body cannot digest raw egg whites.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: 'Abiola Ajimobi Is On Ventilator' - Kemi Olunloyo Says / Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins In Yola After Hours Of Surgery. Photos / Nasarawa State University Student Dies Trying To Rescue Man Being Electrocuted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.