Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Boko Haram Better Attack The Nigerian Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Better Attack The Nigerian Police (580 Views)

Nigerians Attack The Presidency Over Abacha Loot Post on Twitter (Snapshot) / Sahara Reporters Attack The Chief Of Staff / El-rufai Admits Spiritual Attack - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Better Attack The Nigerian Police by evil666(m): 2:53pm On Jan 25, 2012
After reading the thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-854464.0.html on the threat to NLC by BH for accepting #97/litre, I could easily conclude how you guys have been blinded by sentiments. Just because the group supports bringing it back to #65, u guys have said the govt should even take it back to #141. The fight we all have been fighting, NLC, SNG, all civil society groups. Although we all are against the bombing and killing by the sect, but we should be analytical in judgment. I wouldn’t want to say much but a word is enough for the wise.

What I actually want to say is that the so called boko haram should face the Nigerian police. If they carry out all their attact againt the Nigerian police legitimately (with good reasons), I wont have any problem with that. The level of oppression on innocent and harmless citizens by the police is too much. Like here in the south, Lagos and Benin for instance, if a policeman sees a young man with a laptop, a BB or a well dressed boy, he will be immediately arrested, taken to police station, beaten and called a fraudster, they will beat you, sieze your phone, you cant make call, force you to ATM and collect money. This happens up till now and nothing is been done about it.

When I served in the east I saw many cases of humiliation on innocent businessmen. I cant mention much but I believe we all know and we should not deceive ourselves. I think a strong group should break up and declared a war on the police with clear message why you are carrying out the attack. This will draw the attention of the govt and with heavy losses on the police, I think they will learn not to violate human right.

You may argue with me, but when you personally experience what I mean, I think you will come out and see reasons with me and don’t get me wrong I am not in support of BH attacking innocent civilian. I just want a group with a clear cut legitimate warning to the police so as to protect human right.
Re: Boko Haram Better Attack The Nigerian Police by okeyxyz(m): 1:57am On Jan 26, 2012
Dear evil666, i'd be the first to admit that i hate the police as much as you do, i'd never had any experience of the nigerian police that is not a nightmare, but the truth of the matter is that the police condition is a symptom of the political system at large. Be sure that should the BH or any militant group embark on an armed campaign against the police would most likely get a lot of support from at least 80 percent of nigerians.

But like i said b4, you'd be attacking the symptoms rather than the cause. it is the govt we have to deal with & make it realise that it is accountable & responsible for the general conditions our society and the systems that support them. there needs to be a way to enforce transparency, accountability in public office which will ultimately lead to eliminating corruption in the public sector. corruption!!! that is the bane of any meaningful development we can dream of and unless we are willing to tackle that, the symptoms keep going in cycles.

(1) (Reply)

Upgrade Nairaland / Nigeria: Nuhu Ribadu To Head Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force - President Jo / One Dead As Monday Rain Causes Havoc In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.