Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Army Denies Killing Massob Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Denies Killing Massob Members (4113 Views)

Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram / Police Arrest 68 MASSOB Members In Imo / Mystery Corpses On Ezu River Were MASSOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Denies Killing Massob Members by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2012
Army denies killing MASSOB members

The 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, Enugu has denied reports that its men killed MASSOB members in Onitsha, Anambra state, stating that the allegation was a calculated propaganda by the organization to bring the army into disrepute.

MASSOB Director of Information, Uchenna Madu had alleged in reports carried on Monday that soldiers killed three of its members in Onitsha and arrested about 46 others.
Speaking with Daily Sun in Aba, Abia State, the Assistant Director of Public Relations, 82 Div., Lt. Col. Sagir Musa said there was no iota of truth in MASSOB’s claim.

He said when the Division’s attention was drawn to the report, the General Officer Commanding (GOC), Maj. Gen. Sunday Idoko made phone calls to the commander, 302 Artillery Regiment in Onitsha who said the report was not true.
The GOC, Musa made another call to the commander, 2 Brigade, Port Harcourt who also gave the same response of no incident of killing of MASSOB members by soldiers in Onitsha.

“The two commanders including the one in charge of Onitsha denied the reports of the killing of MASSOB members in the city. I want to reassure the public that the army as a disciplined institution, would continue to exhibit highest level of civility in dealing with civilians” and urged all to discountenance the organization’s claim.
Musa said it was true that 46 hoodlums terrorizing Anambra/Onitsha axis were arrested during joint army/police raids of their various hideouts and stated it was unfortunate if the bandits were MASSOB members. He said the arrested persons had since been handed over to the police.

Musa said common knowledge should have informed those making the allegation that it wouldn’t have been possible for soldiers to have shot and killed three MASSOB members, when there was no exchange of fire.
We wish to use this medium to appeal to journalists to please crosscheck their facts with the Regiment Commander or the 82 Division’s public relations department for confirmation to avoid falling victim of MASSOB propaganda. MASSOB is notorious for propaganda which I want to use this medium to alert the public to,” he said.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/jan/25/national-25-01-2012-009.html
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 25, 2012
who shall we believe
who shall we trust
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2012
Collateral Damage
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by Chyz2: 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2012
Oh, now they're scared,lol. grin

Too late!
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by ak47mann(m): 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2012
cool cool
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by Acidosis(m): 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2012
Chyz*:

Oh, now they're scared,lol. grin

Too late!
scared of who? ?
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2012
Acidosis:

scared of who? ?

I tire for these biafaran soldiers o.
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by sheyguy: 9:25pm On Jan 25, 2012
Massob = vigilant comedians.
Lol
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by nedu210(m): 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2012
Army quit touching the lions tail and do not wake the sleeping lion.
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 25, 2012
obviously someone in the army feel there is a need to explain and exonerate the army
i wonder why
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by ak47mann(m): 11:24pm On Jan 25, 2012
we don't just warn for nothing cooli knew it was a false news army don't need extra hit on them in SE at the moment,
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by dempeople(m): 12:08am On Jan 26, 2012
A militantly assertive massob is the way to go.
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by BlackPikiN(m): 12:38am On Jan 26, 2012
Massob sneezes, Army catches cold. lol

I am very sure if Igbos are dragged into this nonsense happening in this Nigeria, na different dimension e dey go.
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by dayokanu(m): 12:51am On Jan 26, 2012
^^ Lol

na today dem dey kill Igbos?
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by ak47mann(m): 1:47am On Jan 26, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ Lol

na today dem dey kill Igbos?
bloody coward will you face front,Yoruba lele ule cool cool
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by bashr8: 5:04am On Jan 26, 2012
i for say , if they were hoodlums terrorizing people then they should be punished , nobody is above the law and that includes massob members.
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by Lasinoh: 6:31am On Jan 26, 2012
Ha!
Na who come do am? grin

BOJU BOJU O!
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by eghost247(m): 9:40am On Jan 26, 2012
casualties
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by OnlyRebel: 9:55am On Jan 26, 2012
Collateral damage indeed. Coward Igbos, killing at home and in the North. No action but mouth as usual. Biafra my yansh, who will lead Yanmirin this time.
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by fleps(m): 10:03am On Jan 26, 2012
nedu210:

Or u mean dead lion?
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by fleps(m): 10:04am On Jan 26, 2012
nedu210:

Or u mean dead lion?
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 26, 2012
Sleeping Lion like MASSOB is better than Dead Lion like OPC, whose gun dont work except they add Ijabu JuJu  grin grin grin
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by babaowo: 10:42am On Jan 26, 2012
igbo kwenu!!! Why unah dey fear to go war front again Afterall Awolowo don die,
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by zebudaya(m): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2012
I don't understand why the army kills MASSOB members. As far as i know, they are not violent nor do they commit crimes. Keep killing them and next thing they would carry arms and start setting off bombs like Boko Haram and MEND.

Monitor them and let them be.
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by ocelot2006(m): 11:15am On Jan 26, 2012
Did someone just call MASSOB a lion whose tail shouldn't be touched? The same lion whose fathers were beaten black and blue, trashed and humiliated by the VERY same Nigerian Army, while the "King Lion" ran away to Abidjan? The very same lion that was trashed by the NPF MOPOL early 2000 while their leader was busy rotting in the custody of first the Police and then the SSS? Abeg let the army drag that tail very very well.
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by bashr8: 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2012
ocelot2006:

Did someone just call MASSOB a lion whose tail shouldn't be touched? The same lion whose fathers were beaten black and blue, trashed and humiliated by the VERY same Nigerian Army, while the "King Lion" ran away to Abidjan? The very same lion that was trashed by the NPF MOPOL early 2000 while their leader was busy rotting in the custody of first the Police and then the SSS? Abeg let the army drag that tail very very well.

your on cheap crack biafran army killed more nigerian army than nigeria klled biafran army during the war or do you need history lesson. nigerian military lost hundred of thousands soldiers while biafran army never had more than 50 thousand soldier during the war .
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by ocelot2006(m): 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2012
Yet Biafra lost the war.hmmmmm I wonder.
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by member479760: 12:35pm On Jan 26, 2012
A begi make una no kill my brothers again ooo!
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by executinal(m): 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2012
Are they scared?? grin grin
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by captleonerd(m): 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Ocelot keep decieving urself. Casualty on the nigerian side was 200 thousand while biafra lost 1million people. Go and check wikipedia. Too bad i'm on phone
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by executinal(m): 1:06pm On Jan 26, 2012
Are they scared?? grin grin
Re: Army Denies Killing Massob Members by Demdem(m): 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2012
zebudaya:

I don't understand why the army kills MASSOB members. As far as i know, they are not violent nor do they commit crimes. Keep killing them and next thing they would carry arms and start setting off bombs like Boko Haram and MEND.
Monitor them and let them be.

Do u know of any MASSOB members that have been killed? can we have their names and better still bullet ridden bodies? If not STFU.

re@lchange:

Army denies killing MASSOB members

We wish to use this medium to appeal to journalists to please crosscheck their facts with the Regiment Commander or the 82 Division’s public relations department for confirmation to avoid falling victim of MASSOB propaganda. MASSOB is notorious for propaganda which I want to use this medium to alert the public to,” he said.

have always known that. Noted anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire At Labaowo Market In Ibadan Destroys Property Worth Millions. / Flooding In Government Technical College Enugu (photos) / Ifeanyi Ubah Of Capital Oil To Remain In Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.