Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,008 members, 7,828,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money (11986 Views)

How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated / Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? / What Pastors Won’t Tell You About Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by ImaIma1(f): 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2012
@norrisman, do they go around telling pple tht they paid their tithes?and even 4 those tht are not xtian,they hv loyalties to some being or god. even in the traditional ways, people took chickens, yam, hot dinks,etc to the gods.but ryt now we cnt fill up d church wit those stuffs now, can we?

if u dont believe, u dont believe. as one person on dis forum said, u cnt use common sense 4 God.

@Maki, i cnt tell u wht to do. use ur discernment. i hv said all i can
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by tpia5: 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2012
timbuktu loun loun.

unless the church was overseas sha.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by LesbianBoy(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2012
Acidosis:

STOP USING COMMON SENSE WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORD OF GOD, let the spirit of God direct you thru the word.
*******Enters thread, reads through comments on thread and gets to this particular words(in capital letters) typed by ACIDIOSIS, cleans eyes properly and wears glasses to be sure am seeing this exact words acidiosis typed! PAUSES for a while and shakes head and says 'Little wonder many nigerians get SCAMMED! I tot acidiosis knew what he was saying all along until u typed that gibberish stuff up there! if someone doesnt use his common sense am sure GOD himself will 'provoke'! Pls if u dont wanna use ur 'common sense' FINE! But keep it to ur self and dont come here and decieve gullible ppl in here with that NONSENSE! Kapish!*******

1 Like

Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by LesbianBoy(m): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2012
Acidosis:

STOP USING COMMON SENSE WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORD OF GOD, let the spirit of God direct you thru the word.
*******Enters thread, reads through comments on thread and gets to this particular words(in capital letters) typed by ACIDIOSIS, cleans eyes properly and wears glasses to be sure am seeing this exact words acidiosis typed! PAUSES for a while and shakes head and says 'Little wonder many nigerians get SCAMMED! I tot acidiosis knew what he was saying all along until u typed that gibberish stuff up there! if someone doesnt use his common sense am sure GOD himself will 'provoke'! Pls if u dont wanna use ur 'common sense' FINE! But keep it to ur self and dont come here and decieve gullible ppl in here with that NONSENSE! Kapish!*******
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by Acidosis(m): 12:37pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

Your church is indeed a good church if as you say all monies received is been spent judiciously on projects like the ones you listed and not being kept in intrest bearing accounts and for the pastor to be stupendously rich.

I understand you do not fall sick and you get money from other areas. Why do you think this is happening just because you pay tithes? Do they pay tithes in Dubai? why are they so rich and have better life expentancy than Nigerians. Do Bill Gates, warren Buffet and Carlso Slim pay tithes? In fact i just read in the papers this morning that Bill Gates is giving another $750million to help in the work against fighting the scourge of AIDS.Why isnt there a known tither in the top 10 richest men in the world?
stop acting like you dont understand christian principle. if you dont pay tithe, the bible call you ole, thief, robber, and you know what hell would gladly welcome you. If Bill gates give his whole worth and he refuses to accept christ, then m sorry. The kingdom of GOD is not by charity.
why do you think God releases the same rain that falls on every human?
let me tell you, bill gates, buffets tithes to any church is not accepted b4 God except they accept JESUS.

AGAIN STOP USING COMMON SENSE, it will fail you.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by malc619(m): 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2012
What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money ??
Build private Universities that 95% of your members who paid the tithes can cannot afford,
I nor call anybody name ooooo,  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by waxrider: 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
I think its high time church started buying guns and bombs with tithe money. They will need it in the next few months.

I sense a religious war coming in the next few months. Jonathan is distabilizing this country. He is trying to provoke xtians. This new IG is a public Boko-hara figure.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by norrisman: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
Acidosis:

stop acting like you dont understand christian principle. if you dont pay tithe, the bible call you ole, thief, robber, and you know what hell would gladly welcome you. If Bill gates give his whole worth and he refuses to accept christ, then m sorry. The kingdom of GOD is not by charity.
why do you think God releases the same rain that falls on every human?
let me tell you, bill gates, buffets tithes to any church is not accepted b4 God except they accept JESUS.

AGAIN STOP USING COMMON SENSE, it will fail you.

You are a fanatic. if God did not want us to use our intellect (common sense), why did he give it to us? Point me to the passage in the Bible where it says that We should use our intellect but not when it comes to things concening the church and bible. When your wife wants to give birth, do not go to the hospital okay, just sit at home and be expecting hebrew birth since you ask us not to use our 'common sense'
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by LesbianBoy(m): 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2012
Acidosis:

Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by Acidosis(m): 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2012
LesbianBoy:

This is what we get when people type with common sense.
The bible is not a literature, it is not the same with textbooks. It is a revelation that doesn't make sense to non-christians i.e, those who are yet to receive christ as their lord and personal saviour.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by norrisman: 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2012
Ima Ima:

@norrisman, do they go around telling pple tht they paid their tithes?and even 4 those tht are not xtian,they hv loyalties to some being or god. even in the traditional ways, people took chickens, yam, hot dinks,etc to the gods.but ryt now we cnt fill up d church wit those stuffs now, can we?

if u dont believe, u dont believe. as one person on dis forum said, u cnt use common sense 4 God.

I Know for certain that these 3 guys do not pay tithes. My question is why do you think you are healthy and financially bouyant because you pay tithes when there are millions of people in the world just as healthy and wealthyas you who do not pay tithes. Your reference to other religions having some gods kind of makes me think you are not a strong Xtian because what I deduce you are saying with that statement is that those people are healty and wealthy cause they are giving some form of tithes or offering to their gods. Does that mean you beleiev in the existence of some other powerful gods?

Whatever happened to thou shalt have no other gods
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by otokx(m): 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
every man his own
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by powerblaze(m): 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2012
I actually agree with Mr. Acid, So called christians have become so intellctual now, we try to think for God. We forget God is the ancient of days; He'll never change. Whether it was written in old or new, its in the bible.  I cant believe we're getting more ignorant than unbelievers. There's no twist to tithe. Its not synonymous to other forms of giving. Do what is cleary written, and then prove God, and see if He will not perform. i wasnt much of a tither, and my salary will somehow always exhaust itself, with no savings. if its not sickness, its 'one chance' vehicles and the like. But wen i made up my mind  to do it consciously, I could then hold God by the rest of his words "Prove me, and see if I will not open the windows of heaven, and pour out a blessing, , 'I will rebuke the devourers, ' ", God is faithful,
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by chines4(m): 1:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Ima Ima,
If u'r not sure of any question, please don't answer it, just say your own opinion. Kindly read Deut. 26 v13 - 15, you will see the pple you can pay your tithes to the levites( priests), the foreigners, the orphans, and the windows so that in every community they will have all they need to eat.

@ Maki

You can read the verse too, and you can give your tithe to the less privileged ones in our community so that they can have all they need to eat.

@All,

I know that some of us are pastors, and will want all tithes to come to them, but tell your congregation the truth. I rest my case
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by ImaIma1(f): 1:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
norrisman:

I Know for certain that these 3 guys do not pay tithes. My question is why do you think you are healthy and financially bouyant because you pay tithes when there are millions of people in the world just as healthy and wealthyas you who do not pay tithes. Your reference to other religions having some gods kind of makes me think you are not a strong Xtian because what I deduce you are saying with that statement is that those people are healty and wealthy cause they are giving some form of tithes or offering to their gods. Does that mean you beleiev in the existence of some other powerful gods?

Whatever happened to thou shalt have no other gods

well if u knew anything about being a xtian, i would have reasoned with u and explained myself.however i dont think u really wanna know. i think u are just looking for more ammunition 2 back up ur ideology.

besides, arguing religion and beliefs has never done any good. so, i permit u to draw any conclusion as u hv alrdy started doing.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by ImaIma1(f): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2012
chines4:

@Ima Ima,
If u'r not sure of any question, please don't answer it, just say your own opinion. Kindly read Deut. 26 v13 - 15, you will see the pple you can pay your tithes to the levites( priests), the foreigners, the orphans, and the windows so that in every community they will have all they need to eat.

@ Maki

You can read the verse too, and you can give your tithe to the less privileged ones in our community so that they can have all they need to eat.

@All,

I know that some of us are pastors, and will want all tithes to come to them, but tell your congregation the truth. I rest my case

thank u for the correction. i can see that u have all the answers.carry on!
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by Olumogun: 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2012
Pro 17:20  He that hath a froward heart findeth no good: and he that hath a perverse tongue falleth into mischief.

Tit 1:15  Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by PastorKun(m): 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2012
To all those ignorantly arguing that tithes is money that must be paid strictly to the church or pastor, I would suggest you read deut 14:22-29 where God clearly defines what tithes is and what should be done with it as opposed to the man made version twisted from mal 3 popularly preached in churches today.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by vanitty: 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2012
I never could understand  why anybody would care what I (vanitty) do with MY money
Tithe is a very personal thing.
Do you, let me do me.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by agiboma(f): 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ op great post that is how it should be done, giving to the areas of the community that need it the most. Such as motherless baby homes, schools, the less fortunate etc. Instead of pastors using the church money to buy cars, homes etc.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by Enigma(m): 1:41pm On Jan 27, 2012
Below are links to two polls started last year; they are still open and anyone interested can still vote.  smiley

Who Is Robbing God?

and

Who Is A Tither?

cool
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by manmustwac(m): 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2012
Pastors ought to put back 90% of thier tithe profits back into the community. They'd still be very rich and well respected if they did so but then greed controls them.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by maki(f): 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
chines4:

@Ima Ima,

@ Maki

@All,

@chines4 thank you so much
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by chines4(m): 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
maki:

@chines4 thank you so much

@Maki, Happy to be of help, We need pple like u, that cares for the less privilege ones in our society. Keep up the good work
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by Reflex123(m): 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Topic: Firstly, the poster assumed that it was tithe less church running expenses that was use to build the school; this may be wrong. Secondly, I believe that a man of God that is led by God's spirit should depend on the leading of God's spirit to know what to do with any excess income of the church. Thirdly, @tithe; am always amuse at the excuse people give for not paying tithe. Tithing is not based on the old testament i.e. the law given to Moses. Infact if you are a student of the bible and your allow the holy spirit to guide you in understanding scriptures, you will discover that the revelation of tithing came before the Mosiac law and is for our benefit as christians. Giving your tithe to help someone no matter how nice it may sound is wrong. Is it right to give what is holy to anyone? Revelation of tithe based on the bible is in Genesis14:20 (before the law came into existence); the fact that this was in the old testament section of the bible does not make it part of the law. Scriptures reference to Melchisedec as mentioned in Genesis 14:20 are: Hebrew 5:6, 20; Hebrew7: 1-5. In summation, it pays to walk by faith not by sight (i.e. by sense knowledge).
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by eghost247(m): 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2012
unlike our crooks called pastor
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by Kentus(f): 2:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
Like Pharaoh, some people will never learn. They have such huge need to be recognised that they consciously choose the path of ignorance and insolence.

As the dear pants for water, so their souls pant for public acceptance. They forget that there's life, real life overseen by God Himself, after Nairaland.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ Poster

In Judeo-paganism that is widely practised today and called Christianity tithes are paid to the pagan priests who also pay to their own high priest. I learnt recently that Pastor Adeboye is the high priest in Nigeria and that the likes of Oyedepo and co pay their tithe to him.

However in Christianity there is no such things as tithe but giving. The church is not a building as you find in Judeo-paganism but the people of God ( or Christians). In a Christian church money is used to meet the needs of the brethren especially the needy, orphans and widows.

In Judaism tithe is used to feed the priests, the widow and the poor

In Judeo-paganism the pastor determines what the tithe is used for. Interestingly those who practise Judeo-paganism are the most confused religious people today. They take some parts of Judaism, part of Christianity and part of paganism. They tell you the law of Moses is no longer active except tithe. Ask them why they do not kill pigeons when a male child is born they will answer that Jesus' death had dealt with that. Again ask them about tithe they say Jesus did not condemn that. But where did Jesus condemn sacrifice of pigeons? cos his parents also performed same ritual for him as written in the Judaism code.

The Christian church is a family where every member is important.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
@powerblaze,

It is evident that you are ignorant of the truth. What test are you going to test God with? Your money? And what does it worth? Can it buy you good health? The one who made the universe does not need a receipt ( which we call money). Money is the invention of man and in real economics is not real it's just a receipt.  The God of the bible never asked anyone to bring money as tithe. Read the whole bible and tell me where money was required by God as tithe. And lest you say there was no money then there has been money since the times Joseph was sold into slavery.

Christians don't pay tithe because they are all priests unto God. They share in love what they have with their brethren. You may need to first differentiate Christianity from Judaism, and Christianity from Judeo-paganism. In Judeo-paganism their motto is " does it work for you?" just like Machiavellian principle " the end justifies the means" They think if you give to a man who is wealthy you too will be wealthy. Or if you give to a man who has special gifts God would so bless you. They think their pagan priests (pastors) are the intermediary between God and man but  Christians know Jesus is the only intermediary between God and man. Just look around you in Nigeria they have shrines everywhere they now call church.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by lakesider(m): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2012
As far as i m concern their is nothing like tithe in the new testerment,cos we don't need a pastor to help us talk to God anylonger
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2012
Did i rightly read one poster saying tithes should not be used for Charity? What Bible if any does he read?
Duetrononmy 14 vs 28.bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.
Re: What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
Poster, Same thing is done in my church every quota records are presented and we vote on what charities to invest in.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GRACE TRANSCENDS FORGIVENESS! / Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? / There Is God And He Answers Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.