Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? (1791 Views)

10 Ways Youths React When Their Pastors Say They Should Not Engage in Sex / What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money / What Pastors Won’t Tell You About Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? by okenwa(m): 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2010
yes i know that the bible made us to undastand we should ", believe in His prophets so as to prosper" but my question is this: MUST WE BELIEVE EVERY DOCTRINE all this so called pastors SAY?
what should be the best source of our conduct? bible or the man on the pulpit?i am particularlly concerned on diverse doctrines such as TITHES, PROSPERITY, RIGHTEOUSNESS, CHRIST COMING, DRESS ETIQUETTE etc
Re: Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? by okenwa(m): 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2010
i often hear people say ", my pastor says, pastor say , etc
Re: Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? by e36991: 10:23pm On Mar 20, 2010
Okenwa:

Yes I know that the Bible made us to understand we should " . . .  believe in His prophets so as to prosper"

but my question is this: MUST WE BELIEVE EVERY DOCTRINE all this so called pastors SAY?

What should be the best source of our conduct? Bible or the man on the pulpit?

I am particularlly concerned on diverse doctrines such as TITHES, PROSPERITY, RIGHTEOUSNESS, CHRIST COMING, DRESS ETIQUETTE etc

Okenwa:

I often hear people say " . . . my pastor says, pastor say , etc

@Okenwa

II Timothy 2:15 AMP:

Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial),

a workman who has have no cause to be ashamed,

correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.

. . . then you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free

and would have translated from a hoodwinked child of God to the status of a son of God
Re: Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 20, 2010
Hav a good relationship with God so he can communicate with u personally.Men of God are mediators not saint.D saintly moderator we only have is christ who is as almost perfect becos of his Godly nature.Jude20-24 describes what christ is to us.Looking onto Jesus&not onto men like u
Re: Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? by Joagbaje(m): 5:46am On Mar 21, 2010
You should believe what your pastor is teaching you. It is a sign of your submission. If you listen to him with suspicion, you will miss out and wont be blessed through him. However ,Every truth of God's word should be backed by at least 2 or three scriptures. You should still study more yourself.

Acts 17:11
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that[b] they received the word with all readiness of mind,[/b] and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

You can see that they recieved the word with readiness of mind. be careful of all these self acclaimed counsellors on NL . many of them dont go to church , they make posts all day long on sundays. A man that is not under pastoral leadership will make you lose your pastoral leadership. Your pastor is a gift to you. trust him , obey him and submit to him. you shall be blessed. That thing which you have believed is the truth . dont let any man steal it from you. Your pastor watches for your soul and gives account before God.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

However , if for any reason your pastor says something that seem contrary to your convictions; simple thing, go to him ,but dont tell him he is wrong, rather humbly ask him for clarification or tell him you are not so clear about such and such, and you will appreciate it if he could throw more light on it, or show you from scriptures. If you already saw something that seems contrary to what he taughtin the bible, Humbly show him , " sir , this is what you taught but I saw this scripture saying otherwise, can you explain, just incase someone ask me" That should be polite enough. And remeber to appreciate him first , This approach it important because if you go blasting your pastor as though you are judging him, he may not respond. He may mis understand your motive. Some people ask questions , not because they want to learn ,but to show off knowledge or embaraas their pastor.

2 Tim. 2:23
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
Re: Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? by afiq(m): 5:55am On Mar 21, 2010
No comment cheesy
Re: Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? by petres007(m): 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2010
@post

The answer is no!

But when it lines up God's rightly divided word of Truth, by all means yes!

Not because the pastor said it, but because it lines up with God's word. And you know this requires careful study, as almost everybody can quote scriptures to support their lies.
Re: Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? by Obelomo: 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
Well it's good to pray a lot and ask God for understanding about his word, but also read your bible often. Nobody is perfect, so I believe that a pastor is not always correct! Also, anything that is not in the bible and seems weird the fetish, etc., and ur pastor can't back it up with any biblical verse don't follow it.
Re: Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Mar 22, 2010
You dont have to blv all the pastor says, and that is why the Bible says, confirm all and make sure it is in accordance with the Word
Re: Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? by ogajim(m): 7:46pm On Mar 22, 2010
Dude!

I am not an NL "counselor" (but I did sleep at the Holiday Inn last night  grin)  and worship regularly with other believers (that's for Joagbaje - in your face)

One has to be WISE these days as most "pastors" are in it for the GAIN they can get out of it, Jesus Christ died to give us DIRECT access to God through him. FLEE from indoctrination, CHECK everything they said against the Bible!
Re: Must We Believe All What Pastors Say? by Fhemmmy: 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2010
ogajim:

Dude!

I am not an NL "counselor" (but I did sleep at the Holiday Inn last night  grin)  and worship regularly with other believers (that's for Joagbaje - in your face)

One has to be WISE these days as most "pastors" are in it for the GAIN they can get out of it, Jesus Christ died to give us DIRECT access to God through him. FLEE from indoctrination, CHECK everything they said against the Bible!

True Dat

(1) (Reply)

Heir Of The Abrahamic Promise- Pastor Chris. / How Can You Kill In The Name Of God / A HIGHER DEMON CAN CAST OUT A LOWER DEMON FOR DECEPTION. TB JOSHUA IS A DEMON.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.