Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,047 members, 7,814,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram (5060 Views)

This Was What Elrufai Said Then When GEJ Went To Pray - Adeyanju Deji / Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA / Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2012
Nigeria Muslims Pray to Uproot Boko Haram

ABUJA – Nigeria’s highest Muslim body has declared Friday, January 27, a national day of prayers in Africa’s most populous nation to denounce attacks by the radical group Boko Haram.

“The scourge of violence as perpetrated by Boko Haram has become dreadful and frightening and seemingly uncontrollable,” the Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) said in a statement obtained by OnIslam.net.

“The need has obviously[b] arisen to seek divine intervention.[/b]

“NSCIA hereby calls on all Muslims to offer special prayers to Allah in mosques throughout the Federation on Friday January27, praying to Allah to ward off Boko Haram menace from the land and any other threat to National Security.”

Boko Haram, a radical Islamist group, has escalated attacks in Nigeria in recent weeks.

In the deadliest attacks in years, more than 150 people were killed last week in coordinated attacks by the radical group in the northern city of Kano.

Nigerian Muslims have strongly condemned the assaults as running counter to the Islamic teachings.

“It is necessary to reiterate emphatically that the claims of the killer group that they are acting in the interests of Muslims and Islam are patently false,” said the NSCIA, chaired by Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Abuakar Sa’ad.

Boko Haram, which was formed in Maiduguri in 2002, has killed hundreds of people in the last year, mostly in and around its home state of Borno, though its attacks have been spreading across the north of Africa's most populous nation.

Boko Haram, a Hausa term meaning "Western education is sinful", is loosely modeled on Afghanistan's Taliban.

The group originally said it wanted Shari`ah to be applied more widely across Nigeria but its aims appear to have changed.

The sect focuses its attacks mostly on the police, military and government, but has attacked Christians more recently.

It says it is fighting enemies who have wronged its members through violence, arrests or economic neglect and corruption.

Root Causes

The Muslim body urged the government to reach out to moderate members of the Boko Haram group.

“The moderate ones among them should be encouraged to engage in a round-table dialogue with the representatives of the Federal Government who will listen to their grievances and recommend those that can be accepted as the Constitution and the law may permit.

“Those hardline Boko Haram elements who are bent on pursuing violent agenda should be sought out and dealt with according to the law.”

The NSCIA urged the government to tackle the root causes of the current cycle of violence in the country.

“As a matter of urgency, Government should address the pandemic poverty in the land, pursuing more convincingly poverty alleviation and eradication.

“Youth employment should also be tackled so as to arrest restiveness that turns them into thugs and ‘area boys’. The time is also long overdue to introduce Social Security System into the country.”

The leading Muslim group warned that the widespread corruption in the country gives ammunition to radicals to recruit supporters to their ideology.

“Corruption fuels rebellion. Government should therefore be more combative in its war against corruption,” the NSCIA said.

“Since corruption is more rampant among political office holders including legislators, public servants, as well as the elites, actions should proceed against them without delay. There should be no sacred cows.”

Nigeria, one of the world's most religiously committed nations, is divided between a Muslim north and a Christian south.

Muslims and Christians, who constitute 55 and 40 percent of Nigeria's 140 million population respectively, have lived in peace for the most part.
But ethnic and religious tensions have bubbled for years, fuelled by decades of resentment between indigenous groups, mostly Christian or animist, who are vying for control of fertile farmlands with migrants and settlers from the Hausa-speaking Muslim north.

http://ww2.onislam.net/english/news/africa/455556-nigeria-muslims-pray-to-uproot-boko-haram.html
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2012
Nice to hear
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 26, 2012
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by adamabdul: 10:26pm On Jan 26, 2012
You can bend it and twist it,abused it and misused it but not even God can change the truth.MUSLIMS WERE ROASTED AND THEIR MEAT EATEN BY THE CHRISTIANS BEROMS IN PLATEAU STATE #FACT
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^^

What are you talking about

You must be referring to another post.
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 26, 2012
Nigerians should stop praying oh. prayer will not work. lets face facts.
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by ezeagu(m): 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2012
62 years of praying.
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by muyoto: 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2012
LOL!! very unusual from OP!  wetin dey happen?  grin grin grin
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2012
muyoto:

LOL!! very unusual from OP!  wetin dey happen?  grin grin grin

Peace is of utmost importance in Nigeria as we speak, no joke.

Only problem is , will ALLAH Listen undecided
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by efisher(m): 5:43am On Jan 27, 2012
Finally, my muslim brothers have woken up from their slumber. B4 the Kano attacks, I've never seen such level of condemnation for Boko rams. Now everyone can see that Boko rams are not fighting for anyone but themselves and if muslims don't stand up against them, they'll be consumed too. Well done my muslim brothers.
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by stayreal: 6:20am On Jan 27, 2012
ezeagu:

62 years of praying.

62 years ago they were praying for Arewa. What stopped them from continuing this?
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by stayreal: 6:25am On Jan 27, 2012
efisher:

Finally, my muslim brothers have woken up from their slumber. B4 the Kano attacks, I've never seen such level of condemnation for Boko rams. Now everyone can see that Boko rams are not fighting for anyone but themselves and if muslims don't stand up against them, they'll be consumed too. Well done my muslim brothers.

So, now that they are under attack, they have a problem with Boko haram? That is what is wrong with them. They lack the ability to empathize with the suffering of others until they suffer. Useless country! Let them pray that we all go our seperate ways peacefully. Any prayer other than that is in vain!
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by mensdept: 6:31am On Jan 27, 2012
efisher:

#1 Thankfully I dont have any muslim brothers and sisters

#2 I guess you are sooooo proud of this "Sultans" B.S.? SUltan Muham Usman Sadam of Shokotooooo for President NOW.
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by yoji: 7:10am On Jan 27, 2012
@adamabdul
I read ur earlier post dat muslims where roasted and their meat eaten, it is this kind of reasonin dat will ensure we continue to live in war. Did u bother 2 ask y they did dat?? Plateau indegenes r amongst d most peaceful pple u will ever meet. ur muslim friend aim to dominate and subjugate their hosts is wat after several violent episodes lead to dat one. Truth is ur pple in jos have pushed them to d wall and they have cracked! ur pple sneak into villages @ night and cowardly wipe out families and u r here sayin y did they eat ur meat. That last episode was as a result of ur pple choosin 2 march tru a berom neighbourhood as a sign fo provocation after several warnings by authorities not to. And besides if berom did dat, since when did they become representatives of other christians in d country. Ur reason is very poor o! So if berom wrongs u, u go and kill an ibo man because they are both christians and u think d berom man gives a f*ck. And in ur senseless rampage to avenge this berom that has wronged u, u end up killin yoruba and igala muslims. And d berom man still doesn't give a f*ck
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by stayreal: 9:01am On Jan 27, 2012
yoji:

@adamabdul
I read ur earlier post dat muslims where roasted and their meat eaten, it is this kind of reasonin dat will ensure we continue to live in war. Did u bother 2 ask y they did dat?? Plateau indegenes r amongst d most peaceful pple u will ever meet. ur muslim friend aim to dominate and subjugate their hosts is wat after several violent episodes lead to dat one. Truth is ur pple in jos have pushed them to d wall and they have cracked! ur pple sneak into villages @ night and cowardly wipe out families and u r here sayin y did they eat ur meat. That last episode was as a result of ur pple choosin 2 march tru a berom neighbourhood as a sign fo provocation after several warnings by authorities not to. And besides if berom did dat, since when did they become representatives of other christians in d country. Ur reason is very poor o! So if berom wrongs u, u go and kill an ibo man because they are both christians and u think d berom man gives a bleep. And in ur senseless rampage to avenge this berom that has wronged u, u end up killin yoruba and igala muslims. And d berom man still doesn't give a bleep

Good post! Don't mind these evil people that disembowel pregant women and kill babies. They think that they are above reproach. If it is true that some beroms are eating fulanis it is proof that they have drove them mad, into a serious level of hatred that the mind cannot comprehend!
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by kaykad: 10:29am On Jan 27, 2012
to late for that now, where have they been seen this massacre stared, now they cant control the monster the created, cos boko ram in now killing dem too,
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by uddukes: 10:41am On Jan 27, 2012
This is a hypocritical call.The sultan have always maintained the stand that it is not boko haram that is doing this because it involved the slaghter of innocent christians.Now their loose canon have hit a mostly muslim target that led to the emir of Kano shedding tears,they quickly come out to condemn and call for prayers.HYPOCRICY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:43am On Jan 27, 2012
kaykad:

to late for that now, where have they been seen this massacre stared, now they cant control the monster the created, cos boko ram in now killing dem too,

Abi, you watch a Child grow and when he starts eating meat meant for adults you laugh and rub his head scolding him softly, when he becomes an adult and wants to drink Wine meant for Elders - do you think you can do anything to stop him then grin Pathetic!
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by bilaya(m): 10:50am On Jan 27, 2012
adamabdul:

You can bend it and twist it,abused it and misused it but not even God can change the truth.MUSLIMS WERE ROASTED AND THEIR MEAT EATEN BY THE CHRISTIANS BEROMS IN PLATEAU STATE #FACT

I find it difficult to believe that it actually happened.You people(hausa/fulani) have a way of inventing stories to justify your insatiable appetite for violence and inhumanity.
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by chuks49(m): 10:57am On Jan 27, 2012
Which allah are they going to pray to, is it the same allah boko haram pray to before they carry out their atrocities. Wonders shall never end.
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by kinglibido: 11:20am On Jan 27, 2012
Na now their day break: they're definitely having a dose of their own medicine
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by nagoma(m): 12:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Yoji
I read ur earlier post dat muslims where roasted and their meat eaten, it is this kind of reasonin dat will ensure we continue to live in war. Did u bother 2 ask y they did dat?? Plateau indegenes r amongst d most peaceful pple u will ever meet. ur muslim friend aim to dominate and subjugate their hosts is wat after several violent episodes lead to dat one. Truth is ur pple in jos have pushed them to d wall and they have cracked! ur pple sneak into villages @ night and cowardly wipe out families and u r here sayin y did they eat ur meat. That last episode was as a result of ur pple choosin 2 march tru a berom neighbourhood as a sign fo provocation after several warnings by authorities not to. And besides if berom did dat, since when did they become representatives of other christians in d country. Ur reason is very poor o! So if berom wrongs u, u go and kill an ibo man because they are both christians and u think d berom man gives a bleep. And in ur senseless rampage to avenge this berom that has wronged u, u end up killin yoruba and igala muslims. And d berom man still doesn't give a bleep

Exactly Yoji. Because I am a muslim whatever I do Nairalanders will say that I am Boko Haram or a sympathizer of BH. Explaining that my relatives were killed by BH and my freedom is curtailed by them and my income and work is affected because of their activities doesnt make a difference. That is probably why all christians are sometime blamed for the intolerance and the killing of muslims in Jos.
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by juman(m): 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2012
Nigeria, one of the world's most religiously committed nations, is divided between a Muslim north and a Christian south.
^^^^
This is a lie. Certainly, nigeria is definitely not a religiously committed nations. A very corrupt nation.

One nigeria is the root of our problem not Boko Haram.

People should pray against one nigeria.
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by deols(f): 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2012
The prayer of fear was taught by the prophet. If this is what they mean, good!
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by Sleekjd(f): 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2012
Hilarious! Who r dey gonna deceive wit dat?
lagerwhenindoubt:

Abi, you watch a Child grow and when he starts eating meat meant for adults you laugh and rub his head scolding him softly, when he becomes an adult and wants to drink Wine meant for Elders - do you think you can do anything to stop him then grin Pathetic!

U dey mind them?
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by deols(f): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
stayreal:

So, now that they are under attack, they have a problem with Boko haram? That is what is wrong with them. They lack the ability to empathize with the suffering of others until they suffer. Useless country! Let them pray that we all go our seperate ways peacefully. Any prayer other than that is in vain!
u need to stay real for real. Are u claiming that the other Muslims who av bn killed in d past by boko haram are less Muslims than d kano ones??

If they keep quiet, u ask them to talk. When they do, u find other xcuses. Point is, all of those dont change anything.let d government do more in securing the lives of the populace-stop pointing unnecessary fingers
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by Cogent: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
G
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by Cleanman(m): 2:23pm On Jan 27, 2012
The truth is christians love peace(even muslims recognize that)but i cant say that of the average muslim though not all of them are animals(expecially the yoruba muslim), nw that tha boko niggas started bombing their arses,they decided 2 condemn their act!, insanity into the boko camp i declare!!!!.u watch.
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by LEXYLOV: 2:52pm On Jan 27, 2012
OK lets them begins the prayer right away so that the madness can stop and over angry
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by Edzy: 3:24pm On Jan 27, 2012
Its unfortunate that both sides are guilty.

I find it difficult accept this notion;when BH attacks some pple blame it on Islam,and when the attck comes from christains,its

attributed to a tribe not the whole christains.

Let not the son bear the inequities of the Father.
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by Akpan107(m): 5:17pm On Jan 27, 2012
kinglibido:

Na now their day break: they're definitely having a dose of their own medicine
Forget, Christians were really killed in the bomb blasts. To me, their leaders are still sleeping.
Re: NSCIA Calls On All Nigerian Muslims To Pray To Uproot Boko Haram by Caseless: 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2012
deols:

The prayer of fear was taught by the prophet. If this is what they mean, good!
i'm sure they ar aware of that. Vengeance or no vengeance, something gave birth 2 BH, I lyk ur piece as 2 how u let some half-baked xtains understand islam. Dnt mind frosbel.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Woun't Believe What Obasanjo Did To Jonathan At Shagari's Birthday. / Photos From The Kaduna Massacre. Blood Everywhere / Bilie Files Case With ICC Against Nigeria For Genocide Against Biafra/igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.