Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? (1519 Views)

Has This Church Any Branch Around Your Area? / He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / Cameroon Ban Protestant Church.. any Lesson For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2012
Please I want to know why people dont like to attend church services except on occassions and festive periods such as xmas and new year?
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by jpilata(m): 10:20pm On Jan 26, 2012
It is because they don't have the fear of God in them
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Acidosis(m): 10:38pm On Jan 26, 2012
j.pilata:

It is because they don't have the fear of God in them
you are right
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
We have waited for Jesus for too long, and he is not coming.
Our answered prayers are just by chance and on our efforts
Church is just a money making venue and pastors are just milking us
Even in recession, pastors will jam into your eyes, threats if you don't pay tithes
Among other reasons we are seeing that makes religion now unattractive
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Acidosis(m): 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2012
@dilluminati, I have watch you so well on nairaland. I have noticed your anti-christ related posts on several threads. Why not just keep your anti christ opinions to your cult-illuminati instead of making a laughable mockery of yourself on a public forum. You talk about church as if you've got a pastor. you talk about tithe as if you pay tithe. Let me tell you, we know your type, infact majority of you have now taken over the christian section of this forum. You hide under the canopy of the 9 letter word called chrisian in other to ridicule the gospel of our LORD JESUS CHRIST.
YOU ARE NOT A MUSLIM DOESN'T MAKE YOU A CHRISTIAN. . stop jumping @ every christian topic, there are other threads for you: pagan, budhist etc.
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Lasinoh: 7:40am On Jan 27, 2012
The MOST digusting human beings aka hypocrites can be found in that church of a place.
I only go for entertainment. To watch poverty-stricken, semi-illiterates being duped by wretched, 419 so-called pastors! grin
Watch Africans(Nigerians especially) in and out of church, you will cease to go there. Absolutely nothing beneficial! angry
Even Satan was blessed with prosperity and free will.
I'd rather go to a shrine for the real thing! kiss
Most people who go to church are either jobless, poverty-stricken or go to pros-ti-tute/go to look for cures for DEADLY diseases!

Or to look for husband or fruit of the womb/blokos! cheesy

As soon as they get what they want, it is goodbye to church and pastor!!!!

Mu he he he he

Phocking hypocrites!
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Acidosis(m): 8:21am On Jan 27, 2012
Lasinoh:

The MOST digusting human beings aka hypocrites can be found in that church of a place.
I only go for entertainment. To watch poverty-stricken, semi-illiterates being duped by wretched, 419 so-called pastors! grin
Watch African in and out of church, you will cease to go there. Absolutely nothing beneficial! angry
Even Satan was blessed with prosperity and free will.
I'd rather go to a shrine for the real thing! kiss
Most people who go to church are either jobless, poverty-stricken or go to pros-ti-tute/go to look for cures for DEADLY diseases!

Or to look for husband or fruit of the womb/blokos! cheesy

As soon as they get what they want, it is goodbye to church and pastor!!!!

Mu he he he he

Phocking hypocrites!
I see hatred and sorry in your soul, we know your type. and do you think your unfortunate being is better than people that goes to church? ?
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Acidosis(m): 8:32am On Jan 27, 2012
@lashino, if you call church goers poverty-stricken, then I'll qualify you to be the worst 'thing' ever created. They are poor, but when you see money related thread as regards church and christianity, your iron-wretched brain would drive you mad to castigate God's issue as money making venture. Let me even ask you, are you a muslim or if you're so bold, tell us your religion? ?
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Lasinoh: 10:03am On Jan 27, 2012
Time to switch from Iphone to work computer.
I am sleepy at work with 1 good hour to kill.

Acidosis:

I see hatred and sorry in your soul, we know your type. and do you think your unfortunate being is better than people that goes to church? ?

Hatred is an understatement. The day I catch any of you so-called 'born-agains' under my roof. . .is the day I will commit my very FIRST PESTICIDE!!! kiss
Just exercizing my right to freedom of expression.
It is not a competition of who is better or worse.
Yes, I am better. . .unlike MOST of you hypocrites. kiss

Acidosis:

@lashino, if you call church goers poverty-stricken, then I'll qualify you to be the worst 'thing' ever created.

Thank you.  kiss
You are entitled to you own opinion.
The feeling is superbly mutual. I destest your lot with the passion of Satan. kiss
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Lasinoh: 10:20am On Jan 27, 2012
Acidosis:

They are poor, but when you see money related thread as regards church and christianity, your iron-wretched brain would drive you mad to castigate God's issue as money making venture. Let me even ask you, are you a muslim or if you're so bold, tell us your religion? ?

Therein lies your apologetic, crude level of blatant illiteracy.
Nothing wrong with being materially poor. It is the caliber of your spiritual poverty that makes people like you fall for the whims and caprices of the so-called pastors in your wretched lives.

You know about God's issue? cheesy
It is a money-making venture. Stop being disgustingly ignorant!
If your pastors are wealthier than your stoopid, worthless being. . . you must be a spiritual dunder-head! kiss
I am happily Agnostic honey.
I don't need a religion like you brainless MALU! kiss
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Joagbaje(m): 10:54am On Jan 27, 2012
fitzkenny:

Please I want to know why people dont like to attend church services except on occassions and festive periods such as xmas and new year?

Where did you get such information. People are attending churches more than ever. Are you not seeing churches springing up daily? And doors of many nations tpwhich were impenetrable before are being opened to the gospel now. China, and Arab nations. Except in Europe Where they had decline but God and it's picking up gradually.

The earth must be filled with the knowledge if Gods glory In these last days .
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by God2man(m): 7:50am On Jan 28, 2012
Complacency. Too much comfort. No challenges. No problem. Everything seems to be fine in their own reasoning.
Another reason is the weapon of discouragement, inabilty to be patient with the Lord. We are in the jet age already, everybody wants results, breakthrough,testimony, fast, fast and with speed. God does not work that way, he is not a magician, you may pray for sometime and prayers may not be answered, that does not mean God is not caring. You need to show yourself approved unto God after, God has seen your heart, he will now proceed to answer your prayer. We need to pray for the grace to be patient in time of tribulation. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Lasinoh: 8:46am On Jan 28, 2012
We need to [size=20pt]pray[/size] for [size=20pt]the grace[/size] to [size=20pt]be patient[/size] in [size=20pt]time of tribulation.[/size]

Thank God I nor be Christian! cheesy

Eloi! Eloi! cheesy

Mu he he he he he he he he

My mama just left and said something that made me laugh so hard. She said anytime she visits the US. . .she forgets to pray. Go figure. Religion is really Opium for the Poor! She go don resume fasting and praying for Nigeria by now. Oturugbeke o! cheesy
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by manmustwac(m): 9:07am On Jan 28, 2012
If its true it could mean that Nigerians are finally learning to think for themselves. We have finally reached the age of enlightenment
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Image123(m): 10:09am On Jan 28, 2012
When did people 'like to go' to church before,op?
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by Joagbaje(m): 10:46am On Jan 28, 2012
^^^
True ,There have always been issues about attending churches ,late coming, sleeping in church etc right from church history.hence paul wouldn't have written it.

Hebrews 10:25
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

But the sense I'm getting from the op is the idea that Satan is winning against the church by reducing influx of people. For that it's not correct. Rather the church is growing more in number and srenght daily.
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by dare2think: 12:21pm On Jan 28, 2012
manmustwac:

If its true it could mean that Nigerians are finally learning to think for themselves. We have finally reached the age of enlightenment

Judging from some of the contents on the religious forum I'll say we are billion years far from enlightenment. And the pastors/imams are still doing the thinking for the majority. Sad but true.
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by emofine2(f): 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2012
fitzkenny:

As for me personally:

I felt numb
I felt bored
I felt uneasy
I felt uncomfortable
I felt monitored
I felt depressed
I felt like a stranger
I felt like an actor
and worst of all I found it time consuming.

I don't and wouldn't go to church on the festive periods as largely I don't celebrate them or have anything to do with them.

Besides I wouldn't have thought church was mandatory . . .since the church according to the scripture is not actually made up of the four walls of a building but the actual Christians themselves . . . so I guess seeing as I'm not a Christian I'm not part of the body of the church so thus have no real reason or motivation to even go.
Re: Why Do People Don't Like To Go Church Any More? by theosci: 10:52am On Jan 30, 2012
You know about God's issue?
It is a money-making venture. Stop being disgustingly ignorant!
If your pastors are wealthier than your stoopid, worthless being. . . you must be a spiritual dunder-head!
I am happily Agnostic honey.
I don't need a religion like you brainless MALU!

Okay, this "brainless malu" is probably not being the most tactful in the world with his passion about his Christian faith. It's easy to get that way when you are a new Christian or born again. The whole line between being a loving Christian and evangelizing the truth can really get mixed up into something ugly. I'm sorry to say these people are far too many. They focus more on convincing people they are right by pounding the fear of God into them rather than loving them. From what I've seen, that tact only turns people away as you are probably all too aware of. As a Christian, it doesn't matter to me that your agnostic. You probably have a good reason. Considering the awful things Christians say, I can't say I blame you for feeling that way. I've had other Christians treat me that way and at times it made me disgusted at going to church and going through the motions with so many judgmental people. What I've learned is that whether Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Agnostic, etc you are going to find some mean-spirited people among all of those groups. After all, we are human and we sometimes can act like real jerks. I suppose it's that ugly side of humanity that comes creeping out every once in a while no matter how civilized or righteous a person claims to be. But not every Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Agnostic, etc is like that.

Yes, it's good that you believe in something for yourself instead of believing what people tell you to believe. Yet, I think it is unfair to state that Christianity as a whole is a money-making venture. In my denomination, and I think with a lot of others, pastors certainly don't make a lot of money. They make even less than teachers. All the tithes and offerings go towards all kinds of things such as world missions, local church budget, utilities for the church building, outreach programs, school scholarships, and plenty of others. Not just the pastors salaries. There are even pastors who go to different parts of the world to minister and only get a stipend to live off of as they serve. Like I said, it's good you are thinking for yourself. But please don't say that Christianity is a money-making venture. If you only knew about the churches I've seen, you might think differently.

We are not trying to cause conspiracy or rob anybody. We're just trying to show God's unconditional love, even though our conditional loving human nature too often will rear its ghastly head. I feel God's love for me everyday and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world. I just want people to be able to know what that's like. Because all the bad stuff in life, just doesn't matter as much after experiencing that.

(1) (Reply)

Powerful New Year Prayer,2013 By Evans4god / A Visit By Jesus:divine Revelation By Pastor Sori Park / Bishop Or Charlatan ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.