Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? (17545 Views)

I Want To Buy A Gold Necklace, How Do I Identify The Original / Meet The Man Who Has Lots Of Shirts Made With Pure Gold(photo) / I Made This Necklace From A Rubber Placemat!! You Need To See How!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by fitnesswis: 5:52am On Jan 27, 2012
Hello All,

I do importations from USA and Canada through the help of my bros there.
I have been thinking of going into this business of Jewelry but don't know anything about it but all I know is that its sold well here in Nigeria.

Can you guide me on how much the following can be sold in Nigeria, who in person or store or market that can buy it.

1. 14 k (Carat) Gold Plated Chain Necklace.
2. 18k (Carat) Gold Plated Chain Necklace.
3. 24k (Carat) Gold Plated Necklace.

All are brand new gold chains and never used or owned by any one.

I heard by a friend its sold mostly to all these Hausa people trading dollar but dont know how much and apart from them who can be buying?

Pls waiting for your kindid advice is needed.
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by vvguy: 7:18am On Jan 27, 2012
Gud day to you,gold jewelry is a very lucrative biz in Nigeria.You can import gold from usa and Mallam are always waiting to buy any time any day.They have a device to check the weigth,once and karat of the gold.Do not include 14k in your list because it considered here in Nigeria to be panda.The most cherished quality type of gold jewelry in Nigeria start from 18k,22k,24k and also silver chain like 925.I promise you the market for this items is good and lucrative.Man,i want to say you on the right track,incase you need more info you can reach me at:profess2020@gmail.com
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 27, 2012
^^^ Please, understand that GOLD PLATED is not the same as GOLD. And mallams don't deal in plated gold in the way you described above. They deal in genuine gold, weighted and all.

3 Likes

Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by fitnesswis: 10:45am On Jan 27, 2012
vvguy:

Gud day to you,gold jewelry is a very lucrative biz in Nigeria.You can import gold from usa and Mallam are always waiting to buy any time any day.They have a device to check the weigth,once and karat of the gold.Do not include 14k in your list because it considered here in Nigeria to be panda.The most cherished quality type of gold jewelry in Nigeria start from 18k,22k,24k and also silver chain like 925.I promise you the market for this items is good and lucrative.Man,i want to say you on the right track,incase you need more info you can reach me at:profess2020@gmail.com

I have sent you an email pls respond.

Unique!:

^^^ Please, understand that GOLD PLATED is not the same as GOLD. And mallams don't deal in plated gold in the way you described above. They deal in genuine gold, weighted and all.

Yes I know of the ebay and amazon.
the cheap ones that one can buy from there and resel here is the one of 14k, 18k, 24k gold plated. when you same the same listed karat above for the Solid hold of it the prices are 3 times of Gold plated. so my question is can gold plated be sold to Mallams and also individuals here.
My bros said many usa people use gold plated and it lasts for them but am thinking of the market here.

Besides I see some girls going to malam to sell hold which their BF gave them as gift. they are selling their 14k gold at 3,400 or 3,600 to the Mallam. i know that it will be gold plated that the mallam is buying from them because 14k solid gold cannot be sold for that small amount.

am just confused on if gold plated will sell in nigeria here and the price range of it and also that of solid gold and will be glad if anyone will help me out of this confusion.
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 29, 2012
There are a few issues here.

First, I know for sure the mallams buy real gold, that is why they weigh it, and consider the carat before buying/selling.

As for the gold plated, no doubt the designs are more versatile; they are the ultimate bling bling. The experience I have with them is that our weather here tends to tarnish them quick. USA, UK, etc weather tend to be cold, and so help to preserve the components of the gold plated metal from tarnishing fast. No doubt there are some that can withstand our weather for longer, but eventually, the tarnish must still act on it.

There's another called gold-rolled. That might last longer in the sense that the plating is much more thicker and durable than the ordinary plating. Gold, however, is gold, no matter the carat. It does not tarnish. Only thing is the gold content in 24k is more than that of 22k, or 18k or 14k or 10k or 9k. Real gold does not tarnish. You may just need to clean it regularly in order to retain its shine. I know, cos I sell jewelry too.
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by ekeroyal(m): 4:51am On Jul 12, 2012
This is a topic am definitely interested in. Please who can give me a rough estimate retail price for this pure gold chains in Nigeria?

18k, 22k, 24k. I'd appreciate.

Thanks
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by XtremeBase(f): 5:11am On Jul 16, 2012
Bump!
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by rainymilli: 11:52am On Aug 26, 2012
ThatShiiCray

We sell ORIGINAL
-Hermes and Gucci Belts
-Customized Varsity Jackets
-Customized SnapBacks
-Customized Tees
-RayBan Shades
-Coin Purses
-Jesus Pieces
-GShocks
-Shamballas!
- You can also do customized T-shirt and Snapbacks

Add us on facebook "rainymilli@yahoo.com" Check Our Photos to see dem! And send us a message to get our BB PIN
Thank You
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by fatibombom: 12:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
I know of solid gold. In d north here, they sell sold gold nt gold pelated jeweleries. Gold prices varies according to demand and dollar prices. 18k carat gold price is different frm 22 or 24 carat. All of dem have their various prices per gram. If u want to buy or sell gold, u will have to buy or sell according to d prices per gram and according to the weight of the gold. Let's assume a gram of 18karat gold goes for 5k. And u are buying a gold worth of 5grams. That means 5 thousand multiplied by 5grams making it 25k. Simple as that. But when u want to sell ur already used gold, d price is reduce.

1 Like

Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by kimcresh(m): 10:05am On Feb 22, 2013
Transferring Gold to one country to another is depend on the rules of particular countries. If you move gold from one country to another then it affects on it's price and demand. Day by day demand of Gold is increasing and it's price tag is also not steady. Today Women are attracted plenty of Gold.
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by Btwf(m): 6:40am On Oct 03, 2013
okay but does rolled or filled can be sold here in especially to store or to mallam?
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by Sissie(f): 10:54am On Oct 03, 2013
Mallams that deal In real gold dont buy gold plated, it has no second hand value, 14k is too low and at times 24k may be too high they deal mostly in 18 and 21k and English gold is cheaper than Saudi or Dubai gold because of its carat.

If you want to sell gold plated best you sell it to jewelry stores, Mallams who sell them, and individuals.

If you want pure gold you can check our website, send us a message and we can supply you at lesser rate to retail. www.mumtaz-bags.com

2 Likes

Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by Btwf(m): 5:52am On Oct 05, 2013
but i guess most filled/rolled gold of 18k are not pure gold this is mixture of gold and copper or other valuable material?
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by rainymilli: 9:22am On Oct 21, 2013
Hey everyone,am RainyMilli the CEO of Presidential Stores...have been a seller on NL for some years now. AM opening my store before the end of this year,also,my e-commerce website is under-construction and will hit the net latest November 2013.
We sell different Types of wears for both Men and Women, whether you are a "Formal Person " or "Dope Boi"...we've got something for you.
But this thread is for AIR JORDANS...i will post some pictures of the JORDANS we've got...below is our contact info
BBM: 22A732C3
MOBILE PHONE: 08166233222
Twitter: President_store
Email: presidentDamie@gmail.com
Facebook: RainyMilli@yahoo.com

I noticed i cant upload more than 4pictures....add us on any of the above contact info to get more pictures

Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by Oladat4real: 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
Does anybody know the price of 18k gold filled jewelries in Nigeria?
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by fabian96(m): 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
please where do i buy the real or genuine gold jewelries from? help me.
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by xmart(m): 11:43am On Jan 01, 2015
fatibombom:
I know of solid gold. In d north here, they sell sold gold nt gold pelated jeweleries. Gold prices varies according to demand and dollar prices. 18k carat gold price is different frm 22 or 24 carat. All of dem have their various prices per gram. If u want to buy or sell gold, u will have to buy or sell according to d prices per gram and according to the weight of the gold. Let's assume a gram of 18karat gold goes for 5k. And u are buying a gold worth of 5grams. That means 5 thousand multiplied by 5grams making it 25k. Simple as that. But when u want to sell ur already used gold, d price is reduce.
plz bro can you help me with the prices of original Gold..i would really appreciate it
Re: Pure Gold Necklace From Usa. Can This Move Market In Nigeria? by abimbola74(m): 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
Pls,aw do I knw d karat of a gold b4 buyin 4rm dose mallam

(1) (Reply)

Onuoha Chizoba: Winner Of Face Of Democracy Nigeria Receives Star Prize, Car / How To Care For Baby Locs/dreads. / 30 Days Plan For Growing Amazing Beards (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.