Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,476 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". (19814 Views)

Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / US Intelligence Sources Links Boko Haram With Al-Qaeda. Terror! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by psalmizt(m): 11:19am On Jan 28, 2012
Who eva thought Amnesty to the ND militants worked simply can't differentiate his left from his right. Development is still lacking in the Niger Delta while some group of armed bandits (Armed by some in the govt anyway) that decided to put away their weapons are busy building houses or owning houses in Abuja, are frolicking half way around the in the Name of Presidential Amnesty, Oh Nigeria, Oh Nigeria, Oh Nigeria, How I weep for thee, Just like the NLC tapped into the general anger of the people to launch one of the greatest protest in the history of the country, the Militants took advantage of the disenchantment of the people of the Niger Delta to set themselves on the springboard of success, One big question that remains on my lips even as i write this is, Has the situation of that man in the nembe creeks gotten any better since the introduction of AMNESTY, or has the young girl in Gbamaratu kingdom gotten any hope of drinking clean water just by turning on a tap or even the woman in Ogoni having hope that her cassava yields will now be better, For anyone that wants to equate the enrichment of the Militant to that having a better living condition in the Niger Delta; Better rethink, The pain in the street is still there and that is why people rejoiced when Syla of Bayelsa was removed by the Supreme Court Judges, The people are pained and need leaders that will coordinate their collective struggle, not opportunists like the Labour congress or some militants, It is only a matter of time, remember the French Revolution, am sure they had no direct leader then, the 99% will rise up against the 1% and by then, History will only have one more story to tell,
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by waxrider: 11:20am On Jan 28, 2012
Lamido is 80% correct. This has nothing to with sharia or conversion to islam. It is planned by northern politicians. They only come out and deny boko-haram and play lip service.

But if they play upon the patience of other tribes and Nigeria breaks. They are going to become another niger/somalia. Poverty is gonna be their bed.

They offer nothing to the country except onion and corn, yet they want large revenue share.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by efisher(m): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2012
In addition to my last post, let me correct the wrong impression many of our northern friends have about the oil industry. The idea that "northern resources" were used to "develop" oil is completely unfounded. Oil is one resource a country doesn't even need to have its own money to develop. Moreover, a quick look at history shows that it is companies like Shell etc who invested their own money in exploration and production activities. Nigeria only began to participate after a while. When you have the resource, it is not difficult to get investment. Besides, even if that were the case, the north has already benefited multiple times more of whatever investment that was supposedly made with the amount of infrastructure built in the north and embezzled by the leaders from oil money.

To add substance to my point, let's take a journey through time:

[Quote]First Steps 

1936 - The Royal Dutch/Shell Group founded Shell D'Arcy, the first shell company in Nigeria.

November 1938 - Shell D'Arcy was granted Exploration licence to prospect for oil throughout Nigeria

January 1956 - First successful well drilled at Oloibiri by Shell D'Arcy

April 1956 - Changed name to Shell-BP Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited

First Oil

February 1958 – The first shipment of oil from Nigeria

April 1961 - Shell's Bonny Terminal was commissioned

September 1971 - Shell's Forcados Terminal was commissioned

Agreements

April 1973 - First participation agreement; Fed. Govt. acquires 35% shares in the Oil Companies

April 1974 - Second Participation Agreement; Federal Government increases equity to 55%

July 1979 - Third Participation Agreement (through NNPC) increases equity to 60%

August 1979 - Fourth Participation Agreement; BP's share holding nationalised; NNPC = 80%, Shell = 20%

http://www.shell.com.ng/home/content/nga/aboutshell/who_we_are/history/country/first_steps.html

[/Quote]

From the above, it is clear that Shell had been producing in Nigeria and paying royalties for about 15 yrs even b4 we started participating in the investment. How then can one say it is the Northerners that funded development of oil. Or did Shell borrow money from the northern coffers
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by expert555: 11:21am On Jan 28, 2012
Uuuuuh we did asked BK haram to come foreward for discussion so we are now seeing the reason the elites of the north is asking them to murder people. The other day that bumfool Babangida claim he have bullet on his dam arse to fight for the unity of Nigeria but not the curse that can cause disunity such as the murder of innocent southern christians in their place of whorship. This is good discussion lets wait for more from them. I'm sure some of them will come forward with more of their griviances. But Sanusi have not mention if there was no oil whether the north would like to be in Nigeria or how they will deal with their poverty. Furthermore how much their military boys gave the them when they were in power prior to 1999. We all can see why the north are always restless when they sre not the President. So is all about resourses control, resources that never belongs to them. We must prepare for war of freedom from this retard northerners 2015, whether the Yoruba people like it or not though as Yoruba simpertizer I would have prefer they remain neutral.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by ektbear: 11:24am On Jan 28, 2012
Very foolish and lazy words from Sanusi
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by phreakabit(m): 11:27am On Jan 28, 2012
[img]http://icanhascheezburger.files./2011/01/funny-pictures-cat-can-see-forever.jpg[/img]

[size=14pt]Thank God everyone now sees this guy for who he really is![/size]

Studied in Sudan for crying out loud. What were we expecting?!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by psalmizt(m): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2012
One thing Sanusi keeps forgetting is that of the 52 years of our independence, the north has ruled for about 35years. Things don't just go bad over night, The governors of the Northern states  and all past rulers did nothing to help the cause of their people. So why come here and cry over spilled milk. When Awolowo was introducing free education to the South West, what was our Northern brothers doing? When the South Easterner was busy expanding his trade business down south and calling for his brothers in the village to come do apprenticeship with what was our brothers in the North doing, No one from the North should come spill gibberish on our faces here cos, when they had power they did nadda for their people, angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by expert555: 11:32am On Jan 28, 2012
@efisher
This is an illiterate argument that those not deserve a response I don't why you bother. The elites of the north have been telling these lies to their illiterate people to get them to fight us when war begins. You remember what the poster of this thread said at the beginning that when one tell lies so much after a time the lie begin to look as if is the truth to them. They are jealous barstard, I have always said if the oil was discover in the north the northerners would have said is Allah oil not to be shared with infedels until we convert to Islam.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Reference(m): 11:33am On Jan 28, 2012
I do sincerely hope Nigerians especially those on this forum who do not understand the country they live in and chose to play the ostrich when it comes to the future civility and prosperity of the nation and always oversimplifying national issues thinking their problems are all caused by government in the person of the head of state, perhaps will begin to broaden their thought patterns.

Fellows we have a structural problem in Nigeria a very serious one that is as bad as the religious and ethnic divisions. The structural problem began to be addressed shortly after democracy re-tarted, sometime in 2001 there about. It has taken us through monumental changes that has flexed the fabric of this nation, equalized the political game and tested decade long beliefs. Why would there not be this kind of reaction. Unfortunately more lives will be lost and more hardship is to come but in the end the country will survive. We will undergo structural reforms, we will then entrench social justice and finally deal with the corruption issue in that order.

Sorry for this country. But we have to take the bitter pill, the hardest part first. That is how to succeed. More insights to come.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 28, 2012
Nigerians stop complaining , leave Sanusi
alone,  all he wants is a Sharia and halal compliant nation,  lol.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by rororo: 11:35am On Jan 28, 2012
the truth remains that the core muslim north will continue to suffer with unemployment and living in hardship until they told their people the truth, the system of employment now in nigeria government is equally among the 36 state and sometime the government uses geo-political zone to employ and you the core muslim north keep on telling ur people to marry up to 4 wives and give birth as much as you can so what do u expect the children u did`nt sent to school to become, ofcourse almajiri and the same u want to blame government that u have large population when u keep on giving birth like dog without education all in the name of religion, the truth is that it is never a religion to marry many wives and give birth as much as you can rather it is the ideaology of one man in order to dominate the world with his founded religion gave you people that instruction.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by karfe(m): 11:45am On Jan 28, 2012
Restructure now into at least 5 autonomous regions and negotiate federal functions and taxes
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 28, 2012
the only way north will develop is by seperation, i'm a northener and i'm a hausa man, and i know what i'm saying. Our leaders in the north are bunch of hypocrites and oppressors, they only care for themselves and their families, they are curropted bastards, let d nigeria break so that we can kill those bastards and start from square one. They can never do anything good for the northern people once their eyes are always on south south oil. once nigeria is seperated, and those bastards wake up 1 day and realize that there is nothing like free oil money again, then they will have two choices. EITHER YOU BRING OUT YOUR LOOTED MONEY TO INVEST IN AGRICULTURE OR YOU LEAVE THE COUNTRY FOR LIFE, leadership is the problem of north, our leaders dont give a phuck whether a common man live or die, i know with seperation north will suffer for some time, but without seperation north will forever be a poor region.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by kinguwem: 11:47am On Jan 28, 2012
Though they have some learned and enterprising people the northerners are generally lazy. They believe in sharing of public funds and property. They don't cut their coats according to their sizes. How do you explain a situation in which a man with no reasonable education nor source of income will have four wives and 30 children? Most of them end up as almajiris and potential foot soldiers for Boko Haram. The region is affect by her religion, high rate of illiteracy, feudalism, incorporation of illegal aliens into her local politics, corruption, lack of foresight and planning by her leaders. They prefer the government to do everything for them. The regional leaders need to sit down and evaluate themselves. They need to start doing things properly if they want to be relevant in the current dispension. So far, the activities of Boko Haram has portrayed them as barbaric, unproductive, unprogressive and religiously fanatical people.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by karfe(m): 11:53am On Jan 28, 2012
babagy82:

the only way north will develop is by seperation, i'm a northener and i'm a hausa man, and i know what i'm saying. Our leaders in the north are bunch of hypocrites and oppressors, they only care for themselves and their families, they are curropted bastards, let d nigeria break so that we can kill those bastards and start from square one. They can never do anything good for the northern people once their eyes are always on south south oil. once nigeria is seperated, and those bastards wake up 1 day and realize that there is nothing like free oil money again, then they will have two choices. EITHER YOU BRING OUT YOUR LOOTED MONEY TO INVEST IN AGRICULTURE OR YOU LEAVE THE COUNTRY FOR LIFE, leadership is the problem of north, our leaders dont give a phuck whether a common man live or die, i know with seperation north will suffer for some time, but without seperation north will forever be a poor region.

Thank God you see this. Most Northerners believe they would be finished without the rest of the country, but that is when their true strengths will be discovered. As it is, even within Nigeria, the North-Eastern 4 states standard of living and literacy levels is worse than many landlocked countries in Africa
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by psalmizt(m): 11:59am On Jan 28, 2012
rororo:

the truth remains that the core muslim north will continue to suffer with unemployment and living in hardship until they told their people the truth, the system of employment now in nigeria government is equally among the 36 state and sometime the government uses geo-political zone to employ and you the core muslim north keep on telling ur people to marry up to 4 wives and give birth as much as you can so what do u expect the children u did`nt sent to school to become, ofcourse almajiri and the same u want to blame government that u have large population when u keep on giving birth like dog without education all in the name of religion, the truth is that it is never a religion to marry many wives and give birth as much as you can rather it is the ideaology of one man in order to dominate the world with his founded religion gave you people that instruction.
kinguwem:

Though they have some learned and enterprising people the northerners are generally lazy. They believe in sharing of public funds and property. T[b]hey don't cut their coats according to their sizes. How do you explain a situation in which a man with no reasonable education nor source of income will have four wives and 30 children? Most of them end up as almajiris and potential foot soldiers for Boko Haram.[/b] The region is affect by her religion, high rate of illiteracy, feudalism, incorporation of illegal aliens into her local politics, corruption, lack of foresight and planning by her leaders. They prefer the government to do everything for them. The regional leaders need to sit down and evaluate themselves. They need to start doing things properly if they want to be relevant in the current dispension. So far, the activities of Boko Haram has portrayed them as barbaric, unproductive, unprogressive and religiously fanatical people.

Really @Bold points, How do you expect equality when the average northerner goes to marry 4wives while a southerner marries 1 wife, The inequality starts from there, There is no way the govt is going to be responsible to all the children that come out of the polygamous home,
Our structure as a country is defected we need to redesign, restructure, and re align our goals, We haven't agreed to live as one, right from the day of AMALGAMATION, we have been pretending, Why can't we just have a parliamentary and regional system of government? WHY are people against a SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE why why why, cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by energylink: 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2012
if there is an imbalance, yet the northern governors could put out money, making a monthly donation in millions to this sect. i pity this region because soon the mighty will start to fall, and when that happens, my people it becomes; wild wild north.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by iykak47: 12:11pm On Jan 28, 2012
So sanusi link oil derivation to killing of southerners in the north, are there no poor men and women in the south, how many times have they carried arms to kill innocent northerners and destroy  their mosques?
This sanusi is wicked.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Reference(m): 12:21pm On Jan 28, 2012
I don't think the peoples of the north are lazy in anyway. They participate in the economy properly and by agriculture in which they excel contribute more to Nigeria's GDP and if you have been involved in agriculture you will understand that its no mean feat, high input, moderate returns, however the north has a combination of challenges that mesh into the hydra headed monster called feudalism. It is the north's biggest problem. The paucity of independent thought. It is a mind thing. And when you have rock solid ideologies only the dynamite of external opposition can change it. They have many entrenched thought patterns that have subjugated them, SLS has just mentioned one. But one thing is sure the British did a poor job on early northern leaders. It is now time for the rest of Nigeria to wean them of those hard drugs. Question is, just how do you do that.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by highland(m): 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2012
The BH also needs their are own share of oil revenue.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by manugbo(m): 12:30pm On Jan 28, 2012
PLS,

How many northerners have had as president since 1960?

and  how many from orther tribes?

THE PROBLEM OF THOSE MUSLIM NORTHERNERS IS THAT EVEN WHEN U GIVE THEM ALL THE MONEY IN THE FEDERAL GOVT ACOUNT, THEIR LEADERS WILL USE IT TO MARRY I MILLION VIRGINS, THAT MONEY WILL NOT GET TO THE MASSES ACCORDINGLY, RATHER THEY WILL USE PART OF THE MONEY TO ORGANISE SMALL SMALL FOOD FOR THOSE  ALMAJIRIS.

THEIR LEADERS MARRY TOO MUCH WIFESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BOTH SEEN AND UNSEEN WIFESSSSS  THEREBY HAVING MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by juman(m): 12:33pm On Jan 28, 2012
These people are not serious.

Their thinking and hope are only money from oil. I pity them.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by aurenflani: 12:34pm On Jan 28, 2012
@ dapppsse - spot on bro! spot on. this is d most intelligent post there is in d post and there is ever gonna be. great thought!!!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by uddukes: 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2012
I am highly disappointed in Sanusi Lamido for attempting to justify this boko haram onslaught.I have always suspected he had a secret islamic agenda as a graduate of islamic studies in Sudan.Look Sanusi the biggest problem of the north is religion.The permeation of Isam into the social economic sectors of the core north have prevented an average northerner to get competitive.In education for example their is a bias for arabic education rather than formal education since indepence and this has limited the capacity of large portion of the northern population to compete in modern nigeria.Poverty is not absence of money but absence of ideas.The Igbo for example after coming out of the civil war with just 20 pounds started rebuilding their lives with education and self improvement(without any oil derivation free money) and today have the least poverty rate in nigeria,as well as the hightest literacy rate in nigeria today.I advice the northern leaders to stay away from national power and look inwards
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by igilarity: 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2012
Firstly, with these comments, Sanusi has shown where his sympathy lies, with the killers, the murderers. recall he has never for once come out to condemn the wanton killings and destruction of property
Secondly, it is these same north that has been opposing a national conference to review the things that hold us together as country, the north has vehemently resisted the restructuring of Nigeria, why because they know that all the fraud they have bandied to rob the south in the name of population figures will come to light
Thirdly, for the better part of the existence of this country when government was by dictatorship, they were in charge, not just of government, but of the selfsame resources of the south, what did they do for their people, when their was no bogus national assembly to control how they spend money?
Fourthly, it was during those periods they were in charge that they destroyed our national psychic as a nation,
oh sanusi, will pls just SHUT UP for once!
have you failed with your islamic banking mantra, now you want to join resource shopping, becos, evidently, you cant call it resource control, abi na your papa property?
till date, churches are never given C of O in the north, we've had situations on this with some branches of my church, they select where you can build church, but mosques can be any where? are we one country?
Sanusi, when all well meaning Nigerians were condemning the quit notice order served on Southerners by Boko Haram, I cant recall hearing Sanusi' voice,
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, pls just SHUT UP, you are disgusting!!!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by logica(m): 12:38pm On Jan 28, 2012
Lol @ all saying "I USED to respect Sanusi". Thankfully your eyes are now open.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Reference(m): 12:44pm On Jan 28, 2012
The big question here is do Nigerians rally round and return power to the north to forestall further crises like you will let a junkie get a fix to prevent him doing an Amy Winehouse. Is Nigeria truly ready for democracy, i.e. may the best man win. What if the best man for the job is a northerner. How will southerners view it. Oh well, he/she merited it. But will the northerner feel the same way or will he feel it is simply a continum.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by naijaking1: 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2012
On SLS, I salute Nairalanders: Jarus, oyb, texaspette, and others----Good Morning grin
Day don break-o-o-o-o!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by jason123: 12:50pm On Jan 28, 2012
psalmizt:

Who eva thought Amnesty to the ND militants worked simply can't differentiate his left from his right.[b] Development is still lacking in the Niger Delta while some group of armed bandits (Armed by some in the govt anyway) that decided to put away their weapons are busy building houses or owning houses in Abuja, are frolicking half way around the in the Name of Presidential Amnesty,  Oh Nigeria, Oh Nigeria, Oh Nigeria, How I weep for thee,  Just like the NLC tapped into the general anger of the people to launch one of the greatest protest in the history of the country, the Militants  took advantage of the disenchantment of the people of the Niger Delta to set themselves on the springboard of success,  One big question that remains on my lips even as i write this is, Has the situation of that man in the nembe creeks gotten any better since the introduction of AMNESTY, or has the young girl in Gbamaratu kingdom gotten any hope of drinking clean water just by turning on a tap or even the woman in Ogoni having hope that her cassava yields will now be better,  For anyone that wants to equate the enrichment of the Militant to that having a better living condition in the Niger Delta; Better rethink[/b],  The pain in the street is still there and that is why people rejoiced when Syla of Bayelsa was removed by the Supreme Court Judges,  The people are pained and need leaders that will coordinate their collective struggle, not opportunists like the Labour congress or some militants,  It is only a matter of time, remember the French Revolution, am sure they had no direct leader then, the 99% will rise up against the 1% and by then, History will only have one more story to tell,

Very well said! You truly understand the situation in the ND. Upon all the money we receive, I would be expecting Port-harcourt, by now, to rival Lagos but NO, these lazy politicians in the SS only think about oil and nothing else. Instead of us to diversify our economy and use oil derivations only for capital projects, you'll see someone like Amechi buying a private jet. Uduaghan stealing all the money in Delta. Slyva, a bloody militant.

I am pained sometimes when people from my region shout oil because one day na one day, this oil will finish and what do we have left? NOTHING. While the SE are developing and getting educated, while the SW are going back to agriculture and giving farmers free train rides, making Lagos less and less dependent on oil. SS leaders are hiring militants to do their dirty work. I sometimes wonder how we can attract investments to my region with militants kidnapping and killing people.

Sad but true.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by jason123: 12:51pm On Jan 28, 2012
As for sanusi, HE IS AN ETHNIC BIGOT!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by 1Emmy: 12:55pm On Jan 28, 2012
Sanusi, your evils will soon be exposed, you will be disgraced out of office like Rigim, watch out.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by juman(m): 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2012
Yoruba should go out of nigeria before war starts.

A wise disable always survive war!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Tinubu And The Dangers Of Fuel Subsidy Removal - Kperogi / Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage / I Still Hold President Jonathan In Very High Esteem - Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.