Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. (20623 Views)

Buhari Receives Giant Birthday Card From His Aides (Photos) / Amaechi Crowd Vs GEJ Crowd In PH / Let's Compare Their Track Records! Buhari Vs Ribadu Vs Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 28, 2012
God Please let GEJ succeed in his initial quest to become life President. . . . Amen!

Kobojunkie, I don't always agree with your style of argument, but on this one I'll beg you to leave these ignorants to their fallacy.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Mogidi: 8:50pm On Jan 28, 2012
Fhemmmy:

[b]Michelle Obama is the First lady of a president that is busy working and making things happen, while GEJ is like nobody, a figure head that has no clue on how to run a nation . . .  Tell me his achievement since assuming power, just one.[/b]

When was the last time you read an American newspaper? Obama is as castigated as GEJ is. Reading American newspaper online one would think Obama hasn't lifted a finger since he took office. GEJ and Obama are victims of cicumstances, both came at the wrong time. Obama like GEJ didnt create the present turmoil in world economy.

@Fhemmmy
You're better off in the auto section, lol.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2012
Mogidi:

When was the last time you read an American newspaper? Obama is as castigated as GEJ is. Reading American newspaper online one would think Obama hasn't lifted a finger since he took office. GEJ and Obama are victims of cicumstances, both came at the wrong time. Obama like GEJ didnt create the present turmoil in world economy.

Both came at the wrong time? Really? they , both knowing the situation at the time, campaigned for the position they each hold today, essentially doing all they could to convince the people that they were the best candidates for the job as it was. So how can they have come at the wrong time?

Worse, the last 12 years has not been 'right time' for Jonathan Goodluck apparently cause the man has no achievement to his name in all that time still? So when would have been a good time?  When there are no problems of any kind to deal with . . . i,e when other, more proficient and capable leaders have solved all the problems?
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 8:56pm On Jan 28, 2012
GAR3TH:

Not really sure why you are Comparing Michelle obama to GEJ on this issue. Fact remains that the USA political system is more advance and has more pressure than Nigeria. Can you compare this to this. For god sake we are still promising and debating of the simple building of common road, while the Americans are debating about the real issues. Like I said, Nigeria's current political climate is not worthy of any aides at all, what so hard about building the basic foundations of a country. When we get pass introduction to government class 101 then we can start appointing aides to advise us.
alj harem:

Hmmm funkymallam, I see your comparison but these are things you need to consider

1. The average senator in Nigeria is collecting more money than Obama.

2. Mrs Obama is technically much more busy. Not to down grade Nigeria or anything but her presence in another country is more important and GEJ in that same country.

3. Also she is a role model not only to women in America but all over the world because America is one of the most diverse country in the world, America is a world power both economically and militarily.  

4. We need to be critical here, the money her country has is much more than Nigeria thus there is no bases of comparison.

5. The money spent in the USA government is well managed unlike the current admistration that spends money on 13 million dollar just on Gold. The period Clinton bought 4 tommy hilfiger suits, he was queried, can we as Nigerian even ask why GEJ has not told us why the money of the subsidy jumped up and why he removed it when we still are on 2011 budget without people criticizing us. Lets be honest with ourselves things are more transparent there than here and that is why even their senator can take 50 aids and there should be no problem because the life there is far better than the life in Nigeria when the minimum wage is 18,000 naira while in america is 185,000 naira.

There is no bases of comparison

Hmmm. So u guys mean the president of Nigeria ia a 'noboday'?
That a ceremonial first lady is more busy than d leader of d most populous black nation?
That a first lady deserves to have aides more than Our president?

Its terrible hw some of us think, u want to tell me that Chad, Niger, Ghana, Senegal and other dnt have aides for their president?
This is pure hate and very sentimental.

Again, read that link again and see hw many other first ladies in her post had. Most had just one aide, and does that mean they were never in office?
Pls, learn to criticize across boad and stop being sentimental.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by werepeLeri: 9:01pm On Jan 28, 2012
The most silly thing an adult of sound mind will say - "Michele Obama is technically more important in America than GEJ is in Nigeria"

Hmmm - Silly people have a way to show themselves.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Mogidi: 9:04pm On Jan 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Both came at the wrong time? Really? they , both knowing the situation as it was at the time, campaign that they were definitely the write people for the situation. So how can they have come at the wrong time?
To me both are doing a brilliant job compared to what would have happened if Mc Cain and Buhari got in.

Worse, the last 12 years has not been right time for Jonathan Goodluck? Then when would have been a good time? When there was no problem of any kind to deal with . . . i,e when other, more proficient and capable leaders had solved all the problems?

Please tell me when in the past 50yrs world economy has been this bad?
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by jmaine: 9:07pm On Jan 28, 2012
I can see the b00by trap laced in the thread caught some game . .and here they are struggling to escape . . . Funkymallam. . .see as you don catch bush meat plenty
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2012
Mogidi:

To me both are doing a brilliant job compared to what would have happened if Mc Cain and Buhari got in.

HUH??  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Both are doing a brilliant job compared to what people who NEVER GOT THE JOB would have done? Are you for real? I have got to ask you . . .  are you in any way related to the @Poster, cause that is one seriously mind _______ comparison you make here.

Just so you know . . .  the complaint in America is largely that much of what Obama is doing is what McCain promised to do on the most part. From his handling of Iraq, and Afghanistan, to the Bail out . . .  All compare to what McCain promised during his campaign. Just saying . . .  

Mogidi:

Please tell me when in the past 50yrs world economy has been this bad?

Now back to Nigeria, again, Jonathan KNOWING FULLY WELL the state of the economy and that of the world, took the job. So what does it matter what the state of the economy is when he told us he was the right person in this economy for the job? And he has been in Government office for 12 the last 12 years  . . . the first 6 were when the world economy was mostly sound and yet he accomplished nothing even then. So, again, when is this good time you speak of?
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 9:17pm On Jan 28, 2012
jmaine:

I can see the bosom trap laced in the thread caught some game . .and here they are struggling to escape . . . Funkymallam. . .see as you don catch bush meat plenty

Bros hw far? cheesy grin These guys r just insincere, lets see hw they prove d more important role Michelle plays compares to a president. If not slavery mentality, worshipping d west.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by jmaine: 9:21pm On Jan 28, 2012
Funkymallam:

Bros hw far? cheesy grin These guys r just insincere, [size=16pt]lets see hw they prove d more important role Michelle plays compares to a president. If not slavery mentality, worshipping d west[/size].

Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Mogidi: 9:30pm On Jan 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

HUH??  
Both are doing a brilliant job compared to what people who NEVER GOT THE JOB would have done? Are you for real?
To say if those two had got the job they would have done better is purely academic. GEJ did not create the dismal economic climate we're in. Greece lost their govt so did Italy, the European union is about to implode. What magic wand were you expecting GEJ to wave?

Just so you know . . .  the complaint in America is largely that much of what Obama is doing is what McCain promised to do on the most part. From his handling of Iraq, and Afghanistan, to the Bail out . . .  All compare to what McCain promised during his campaign. Just saying . . .  

The bolded above is childish and I wish you can re-read your post. How can the complaint about Obama be because he's doing what McCain would have done. I thought the complaint in America was to do with foreclosures and high unemployment?

Now back to Nigeria, again, Jonathan KNOWING FULLY WELL the state of the economy and that of the world, took the job. So what does it matter what the state of the economy is when he told us he was the right person in this economy for the job?

You must be leaving in a different planet if you don't know that the world economic recession is the worst since world war2. Even if GEJ and Obama were to incorporate the best economic policy, a lot still depend on other countries because every country is inter dependent on another.

And he has been in Government office for 12 the last 12 years  . . . the first 6 were when the world economy was mostly sound and yet he accomplished nothing even then. So, again, when is this good time you speak of?

He was part of govt but even you will aknowledge that he hasn't been ruling for 12yrs.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by hercules07: 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2012
I do not begrudge GEJ going with 24 aides to the AU or wherever he has gone, though they are too many, he is the president and some of those aides can be business people too, what I can not stand and will not stand is Patience going with any aide at all to ethiopia in another jet, that is sheer wastage, people should also not compare Nigeria to the US, Obama earns less than senators here and those aides of his will surely earn less than our aides in Nigeria.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Jan 28, 2012
Mogidi:

To say if those two had got the job they would have done better is purely academic. GEJ did not create the dismal economic climate we're in. Greece lost their govt so did Italy, the European union is about to implode. What magic wand were you expecting GEJ to wave?

This has absolutely nothing to do with Greece or Europe. The economies there do not directly affect growth in Nigeria, This is evident from the fact that Nigeria has been recording record growth in the last 2 or so years, while during the same period, much of Europe has been experiencing really hard times. So please let us focus a bit more(turning off anime).

I don't think your comparision there is academic as you claim considering

a. Both men you compare the sitting presidents to have never helpd the office in question
b. And even as leaders, they continue to have better records than those you elected(well, in the case of Obama, if we are to go with what a lot of the critics say).  

Please focus! Jonathan, knowing fully well, the state of the economy(He did not come in BLIND . . . he was at the top when the global economic problems became obvious), came out and declared himself the best candidate for the economic climate as it was. Why do you keep ignoring this?

Mogidi:

The bolded above is childish and I wish you can re-read your post. How can the complaint about Obama be because he's doing what McCain would have done. I thought the complaint in America was to do with foreclosures and high unemployment?

You must be leaving in a different planet if you don't know that the world economic recession is the worst since world war2.
You probably don't understand what the QUALMS in America is then. May I suggest you do a bit more research so you get a better idea of what is going on. It is NOT THE CASE that he is doing absolutely nothing but that people mostly have a problem with many of his RIGHT ideals when he promised mostly LEFT leaning solutions to begin with. From his handling of the economy, to his handling of the war and the economy, he has been essentially implementing what many consider right wing solutions. I think that is the biggest qualms a lot of those who voted him have with his handling of the situation. You turn on the late night shows and you will not miss this.

And honestly, we are not here to debate America and what your personal opinion is on the country. This thread on something entirely different . . . I am trying to understand how you even came up with the post I initially responded to cause that is what I consider OUT OF THIS WORLD . . . OUT OF WHACK!!
Mogidi:
Even if GEJ and Obama were to incorporate the best economic policy, a lot still depend on other countries because every country is inter dependent on another.
He was part of govt but even you will aknowledge that he hasn't been ruling for 12yrs.

Again, Jonathan has been in high office -- leadership for 12 straight years. No achievement.

One of the qualities of a good leader is that he/she does not wait until he is declared NUMBER ONE before he moves to change lead. Serious leaders don't wait till they are made CEOS before they start to lead right where they are. This man has been in high position for 12 years . . . and still no single achievement to his name. Why do you still suggest he is doing an outstanding job when even when interviewed back on December 23rd, he openly admitted he still had none.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by gists: 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2012
Just remember the US budget for defense alone is far much more than the entire Nigerian budget. Talking about resource:spending ratio. The US can conveniently afford 30 for her 1st lady and another 30 aids per senator without excessive negative impact in their economy while having two legistlative houses alone is proving to be so much of a financial burden to this country. I'm not concerned about the tradition in the US. I'm looking at their expenses vis-a-vis the resources available to them; comparing that with Nigeria is just silly to say the least.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by aljharem(m): 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2012
Funkymallam:

Hmmm. So u guys mean the president of Nigeria ia a 'noboday'?
That a ceremonial first lady is more busy than d leader of d most populous black nation?
That a first lady deserves to have aides more than Our president?

Its terrible hw some of us think, u want to tell me that Chad, Niger, Ghana, Senegal and other dnt have aides for their president?
This is pure hate and very sentimental.

Again, read that link again and see hw many other first ladies in her post had. Most had just one aide, and does that mean they were never in office?
Pls, learn to criticize across boad and stop being sentimental.

There is no slave mentality there, what is it is what is it

"Cut your coat according to your size" is what they say not "cut your coat according to others sizes"

Nigeria is most populous black nation in the world, and so what ? What have we achieved with that population other than terrorism and militancy, killer roads, primary school standard federal universities, fraud, tribalism , etc

Until we start telling ourselves the truth and acting appropriately then we are not going anywhere.

Take this analogy for example

As a father that has your children school fees pending, would you use the little saving you have for aids or would you invest in your children's future.

Again my friend there is no bases of comparison. Nigeria needs to get off the high horse and humble herself. Ghana, Niger are far better than Nigeria interms of standard of leaving with low population and without oil.

the american budget for defence alone is far out gun the Nigeria entire budget.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by aljharem(m): 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2012
werepeLeri:

The most silly thing an adult of sound mind will say - "Michele Obama is technically more important in America than GEJ is in Nigeria"

Hmmm - Silly people have a way to show themselves.

Please I did not point out GEJ, stop this ur lies.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by aljharem(m): 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2012
Funkymallam:

Bros hw far? cheesy grin These guys r just insincere, lets see hw they prove d more important role Michelle plays compares to a president. If not slavery mentality, worshipping d west.

LOL more important role depends on prospectives.

Of course in Nigeria GEJ has the most important role.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2012
alj harem:

There is no slave mentality there, what is it is what is it

"Cut your coat according to your size" is what they say not "cut your coat according to others sizes"

Nigeria is most populous black nation in the world, and so what ? What have we achieved with that population other than terrorism and militancy, killer roads, primary school standard federal universities, fraud, tribalism , etc

Until we start telling ourselves the truth and acting appropriately then we are not going anywhere.

Take this analogy for example

As a father that has your children school fees pending, would you use the little saving you have for aids or would you invest in your children's future.

Again my friend there is no bases of comparison. Nigeria needs to get off the high horse and humble herself. Ghana, Niger are far better than Nigeria interms of standard of leaving with low population and without oil.

the american budget for defence alone is far out gun the Nigeria entire budget.

And ur point is that Nigeria is damn poor that we cant maintain common 24 aides for our president. Smh

here again, Barack Obama have 454 aides. . . .

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/07/obama-white-house-salaries-soar.html

Let the battle continue.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by muyoto: 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2012
would it not make more sense to compare the number of aides GEJ has with that of less developed country one with a similar GDP?
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2012
^
Bros, would have love to do that but most african countries dnt make d number public, they just say bloated number of aides and some presidents keep aquiring aides like dress.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Mogidi: 10:28pm On Jan 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

This has absolutely nothing to do with Greece or Europe. The economies there do not directly affect growth in Nigeria, This is evident from the fact that Nigeria has been recording record growth in the last 2 or so years, while during the same period, much of Europe has been experiencing really hard times. So please let us focus a bit more(turning off anime).

Maybe you should read a bit about global economic melt down and recession. What affects Europe and the rest of the world also affects Nigeria (you seem oblivious to this).  How can the melt down in the EU and America not affect our economy? Maybe you didn't know the impact on the Nigerian economy by the global downturn.
1. The demand for oil is only just picking up.2. Our capital inflows reduced 3. Pressure on exchange rate4.Diverstment by foreign investors etc.
For the uptenth time can I remind you no economy is insulated against global downturn.

I don't think your comparision there is academic as you claim considering
a. Both men you compare the sitting presidents to have never helpd the office in question
b. And even as leaders, they continue to have better records than those you elected (well, in the case of Obama, if we are to go with what a lot of the critics say).

How can they have better records when they're not doing the same jobs. How can you compare the ideas of an opposition to that of a president?

Please focus! Jonathan, knowing fully well, the state of the economy(He did not come in BLIND . . . he was at the top when the global economic problems became obvious), came out and declared himself the best candidate for the economic climate as it was. Why do you keep ignoring this?

How do I explain to you that no matter what GEJ does, the Nigerian economy is influenced by external factors. We only have one commondity to sell.

And honestly, we are not here to debate America and what your personal opinion is on the country. This thread on something entirely different . . . I am trying to understand how you even came up with the post I initially responded to cause that is what I consider OUT OF THIS WORLD . . . OUT OF WHACK!!
Gibberish!!!

Again, Jonathan has been in high office -- leadership for 12 straight years. No achievement.
What do you mean leadership for 12yrs?

One of the qualities of a good leader is that he/she does not wait until he is declared NUMBER ONE before he moves to change lead.
In Nigeria he'd be charged with fraud or worse still treason (ask Atiku)

Serious leaders don't wait till they are made CEOS before they start to lead right where they are. This man has been in high position for 12 years . . . and still no single achievement to his name. Why do you still suggest he is doing an outstanding job when even when interviewed back on December 23rd, he openly admitted he still had none.

It showed how humble he really is.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2012
muyoto:

would it not make more sense to compare the number of aides GEJ has with that of less developed country one with a similar GDP?

Do you have an example country in mind?

Honestly, when I think of the @Poster's earlier attempt at bringing such countries like Chad into this, I realized that suggesting what you have above, would probably not work.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by aljharem(m): 11:14pm On Jan 28, 2012
Funkymallam:

And ur point is that Nigeria is damn poor that we cant maintain common 24 aides for our president. Smh

here again, Barack Obama have 454 aides. . . .

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/07/obama-white-house-salaries-soar.html

Let the battle continue.

Haba, that is not my point

My point is we should stop comparing ourselves with american because there is no bases for the comparison

and we should humble ourselves. I mean if the 24 aids are necessary then by all mean they should go for it but it is not necessary or they can cut back, then they should do so as well.

There is no point in saying if america can afford 24 aids, then we should do the same. That there is a bad mentality.

The government has to rule not only through visible infrastructures but also a leader has to rule physiologically by leading by example

if you want to increase the pains of the people, then you also have to show them you are going through the same and not just be words

I hope you understand what I mean
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Demdem(m): 11:22pm On Jan 28, 2012
Ffuck Obama. I have no business and issue with him/her. I only have issues with the retardeen who is suppose to be my president that asked me to make sacrifices and yet traveled with a complete village. To think that my country that is about to crash can still afford to pay the esta codes of these people beats my imagination also. Also read it somewhere that patience also went with her plane full of aides. By the way how has previous au meetings benefited us as nigerians? To me, its a wasteful trip that is typical of the nigerian govt.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Demdem(m): 11:27pm On Jan 28, 2012
Secondly for those still interested in comparing, let us know the cost implications for both countries. How much these staffs are paid, their allowances, estacodes, hangouts etc. Without this your comparison is useless and sstupid. I won't be surprised if it costs us 10times more what it costs other nations for their trips.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by werepeLeri: 2:15am On Jan 29, 2012
Why you people involve in this kind of blind argument that no one beyond here reads, still baffles me.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by doofanc: 7:16am On Jan 29, 2012
The comparison with US is totally irrelevant, IMO. Nigeria is not US.

As long as [b]WE SEE THE RESULTS [/b]of the plethora of aides at our presidents disposal, i'm sure Nigerians will have no problem even he decides have 100 of such.

A situation where he still manages to do a very poor job running the country even with those aides is what irks us.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by doofanc: 7:19am On Jan 29, 2012
If he believes engaging more aides will help him improve, by all means he should in ahead.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Funkymallam(m): 8:44am On Jan 29, 2012
werepeLeri:

Why you people involve in this kind of blind argument that no one beyond here reads, still baffles me.
Thnku bro, i v provided them relevant links and even Americans are complaining about their first lady and her aides plus their pay all stated in rhe links but most here have refused to read.

@Alj.
What is 24 aides of GEJ compared to 454 aides for B. Obama? Over times 100.

Nw everybody s claiming we should not compare Nigeria n d US nut u all keep comparing them when it suits ur target, if i compare Nigeria with African Countries, u will still say why comoare ourselves with failure.
For ur info, no African country gives u d number of d presidential aides but here we knw and just jump to criticize.

Even common SUG presidents in our universities have more than 10 aides.
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by dustydee: 8:44am On Jan 29, 2012
Compare americas resources to Nigeria's and you will realise that the comparison is baseless
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 29, 2012
Mogidi:

How about he cuts into the N1Billion meals and $75million renovation of his wife's "office"?

Oh, and the N500million newspapers, and the N300million silverware. Lets not also forget the fact that he blew through $30Billion in less than a year.

Oh, Oh, lest we forge, how about he reduces the number of aides he carries around with Nigeria's money and the fact that he went to Australia for a conference, ended up partying with his wife all night then forgot to attend the meeting that took him down-under in the first place. . . .

My friend sharrap and log-off because you don't even make any sense!
Re: Michelle Obama's 22 Aides Vs Gej 24 Aides. by success4(m): 3:54pm On Jan 29, 2012
People comparing death and sleep? Or Lion and Cat. wa ooo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Appeal Court Reserves Judgment In Rivers Guber Poll / Nigeria Severes Diplomatic Relations With Taiwan, Closes Abuja Office / As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.