Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

A Lot Of What Nigerians Learn In School Is Useless - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Lot Of What Nigerians Learn In School Is Useless (853 Views)

11 Rules You Will Never Learn In School - Bill Gates (pictures) / Things You’ll Learn In Your First Year Of Medical School / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Lot Of What Nigerians Learn In School Is Useless by MyneWhite1(f): 4:34am On Jan 29, 2012
On examining the ‘knowledge’ I gained while at school in Nigeria, I am forced to realise an unpleasant truth: 90% of my formal education is useless to me in my present day life.

For instance, how many times has the knowledge that zinc reacts with sulphuric acid to produce hydrogen enabled me comfort a friend in distress?

Of what use is the knowledge that the Benguela current flows off the coast of Namibia if it cannot clinch me a business deal?

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2012/01/90-of-what-nigerians-learn-in-school-is.html

What are your thoughts?
Re: A Lot Of What Nigerians Learn In School Is Useless by tolahood9(m): 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2012
I believe he failed to make use of them. To my opinion an engineer, a medical doctor or a lawyer wont agree with such statement. But a chemistry graduate in a bank would say so.
Re: A Lot Of What Nigerians Learn In School Is Useless by manmustwac(m): 10:54pm On Jan 29, 2012
When you yourself travel abroad you'll realise that a lot of what you were taught is useless.

(1) (Reply)

Oau Admission For The Year 2011/2012 Session / Abu Zaria Asperants / Msc In Uk( Uni Of Bedfordshire)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.