Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? (32261 Views)

Best University In Nigeria To Study Mechanical Engineering / The Best University In Nigeria / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by TRUSTEDGUY: 12:09am On Oct 11, 2010
Just wondering which school is it.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by ccollins(m): 5:06am On Oct 11, 2010
Keep wöndering
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2010
JAMB QUESTION. Anyway the answer to your question is University of Corruption and Money Laundry, Aso rock. Nigeria. Hope u're satisfied?
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by nadneth: 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2010
Best University as in what? Whats your criteria/yardstick for measuring which university is the best? Is it
(1) Academic wise
(2) Structure wise
(3) Flexing/Grooving wise
(4) Cult activities wise
(5) Beautiful babes wise
, and so on and so on
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by oweniwe(m): 12:34pm On Oct 12, 2010
Try novena university. You go like the school so tey you no go wan come back again. grin
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by OmoTier1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2010
45% of Nigerians are a difficult bunch to deal with! Why can't we just take someone's words as they are? Rather than slamming the dude (who posted the question) for no reason, if you have good enough reason to suggest which University you think is the best, why not just do it? Maybe from the reasons given we can begin to learn one or two things about certain Universities in Nigeria which we may not have known before now.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by sayso: 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2010
and as if this is a good question,they are posting it to the front page of our prestigious NL.Let me add to the question,

Who is the best Professor in Nigeria?
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Felixjude(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2010
guy go sleep, go any skul wey u wan go,doesnt mata in nigeria, na ur connection b d koko
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by dayokanu(m): 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2010
UNIPETROL is still the best
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by IBEXY(m): 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

45% of Nigerians are a difficult bunch to deal with! Why can't we just take someone's words as they are? Rather than slamming the dude (who posted the question) for no reason, if you have good enough reason to suggest which University you think is the best, why not just do it? Maybe from the reasons given we can begin to learn one or two things about certain Universities in Nigeria which we may not have known before now.
My brother I wonder o  shocked
The guy is probably a young man looking to make the right decision. Why slam him? The only reason I can think of for these unwarranted nastiness is jealousy. Annoyance that the guy wants to have something these ignorant people never and could never have. Tell me any other reason why this simple question would provoke such verbal nastiness?
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by DonPedro21(m): 1:01pm On Oct 12, 2010
I know  cheesy MADONNA UNIVERSITY is the best despite all the negative report.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Princek12(m): 1:15pm On Oct 12, 2010
I heard Cyber Cafe University is the best. There, you will learn to be competent in, among other skills, internet browsing, phishing, scamming, advance-fee fraud, and gbajue. You will also learn to develop a strong business acumen and hustling skills, both of which will enable you successfully compete in the rigmarole of Nigerian culture and society, as you have seen from my response and other nairalanders' response to your question.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by DrKnow1(m): 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2010
Well, well, well, is NIgeria this much bad that most can't even think sensibly. The poster asked a simple question of so much importance and the replies being given were so ridiculous and abusive. In other civilised societies except Nigeria, there are league tables of the best and the worst institutions for potential applicants to make the best choice and for individual institution to improve its position in any subsequent ranking. It also helps the educational authorities to know which institutions are failing that require more funding. It surprises me that there are no institutional rankings in Nigeria.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by nelsonose: 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2010
With all modesty, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma may rank very high in University rating in Nigeria. This school has made and sustained great feat in Legal studies, Engineering and Accounting Amongest others. This is regardless of it status as state owned University and other challenges. If you can recall the slogan: Bensu, Edsu or AAU. They are the slongans of the this great University which been renamed several times.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Princek12(m): 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2010
Dr Know:

Well, well, well, is NIgeria this much bad that most can't even think sensibly. The poster asked a simple question of so much importance and the replies being given were so ridiculous and abusive. In other civilised societies except Nigeria, there are league tables of the best and the worst institutions for potential applicants to make the best choice and for individual institution to improve its position in any subsequent ranking. It also helps the educational authorities to know which institutions are failing that require more funding. It surprises me that there are no institutional rankings in Nigeria.

Is your response sensible, judging by your own standards? How have you contributed to answering the poster's question? Abeg, comot for road! And for your information, many Nairalanders have a great sense of humor and  repeatedly respond with satire, so that's why many nairalanders responded the way they did. So instead of being too serious and giving yourself an unnecessary high blood pressure over satire and humor, you are advised to chill. Other nairalanders who are serious, knowledgeable, and have credible information about the best universities will, in due time, post their comments in response to the poster's question.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by agoshofin(m): 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2010
Take OAU for a good balance of academics, socials & cultural life, the University community is the air of the whole of Ife. it's cheap & the stigma of ASUU strike is over rated.

UI for strictly academics, the exposure to life challenges can not be gotten.

UNILORIN for speedy academic calendar , bt really, no depth & too archaic to appreciate the dynamics. good lecturers anyway bt saddist are abound just like any oda university, bt adulthood has been gagged, no freedom of expression, like an advanced Secondary School,

UNILAG, to much social life, certain course r good there eg Finance & Economics related Courses cuz of it's location, bt expensive cost of living,

I don't know about North, bt I blv cost of living will be cheap too & safety guaranteed as opposed to the South East & South South,

Good luck,
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by nelsonose: 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2010
With all modesty, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma may rank very high in University rating in Nigeria. This school has made and sustained great feat in Legal studies, Engineering and Accounting Amongest others. This is regardless of it status as state owned University and other challenges. If you can recall the slogan: Bensu, Edsu or AAU. They are the slongans of the this great University which has been renamed several times.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by DrKnow1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2010
@princek12
You must remember this is not a joke section, be serious at least for once.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Shakey02(f): 1:57pm On Oct 12, 2010
As far as I am concern and not in any particular order for Federal - Uni Lag, UI, OAU for Private - Covenant and Bowen and for State - LAUTEC, LASU, Ekpoma.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Buzman: 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2010
they don come again. Of what use are Universities that can't boast of graduates who get jobs before they finish school. In other countries one of the important yardsticks is the number of students that get jobs before they graduate.

This is why when you attend a school in the US, they enrol you for career and job search course from day 1. You are thought all the skills that will land you a job through internship. I remember introducing this to a registrar of a popular University in Nigeria and he snubbed the idea. REASON = HE SAID HOLIDAYS ARE MEANT FOR REST, NOT JOBS!!!
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by doja(m): 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2010
UI for consistently maintaing high acedemic standards even in the face of the obvious challenge of funding
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Tunsbobo(m): 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2010
There is no need for argument guys, oau is the best university in Nigeria. Oau is the biggest and most beautiful university in Nigeria. It has a conducive environment for learning, b'cos it is located in a serene and green evironment. When u enter the gates of Oau, you are welcomed to a green life, filled with trees,flowers and other nature's gift. Forget about their shortcomings(like consistent strike action), Graduates of oau are the best experts money can buy in all sectors of the economy throughout the whole of Nigeria. Academics is not a child's play at oau, but you get to mix with a lot of people and enjoy an impressing social life.Oau offers the best tetiary education but is the cheapest university in Nigeria(in terms of school fees).Check out Zain's African challenge(A competition which involves selected universities in Africa, coming together to see which university in Africa is best in terms of Academics) Oau was the only university that stood the test of time in the competition. Ladies & gentlemen,there is no doubt that oau is the best university in Nigeria, and one of the best in Africa, ALL HAIL GREAT IFE!!!
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by dayokanu(m): 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2010
Tunsbobo:

There is no need for argument guys, oau is the best university in Nigeria. Oau is the biggest and most beautiful university in Nigeria. It has a conducive environment for learning, b'cos it is located in a serene and green evironment. When u enter the gates of Oau, you are welcomed to a green life, filled with trees,flowers and other nature's gift. Forget about their shortcomings(like consistent strike action), Graduates of oau are the best experts money can buy in all sectors of the economy throughout the whole of Nigeria. Academics is not a child's play at oau, but you get to mix with a lot of people and enjoy an impressing social life.Oau offers the best tetiary education but is the cheapest university in Nigeria(in terms of school fees).Check out Zain's African challenge(A competition which involves selected universities in Africa, coming together to see which university in Africa is best in terms of Academics) Oau was the only university that stood the test of time in the competition. Ladies & gentlemen,there is no doubt that oau is the best university in Nigeria, and one of the best in Africa, ALL HAIL GREAT IFE!!!

GREATESTTTTTTTT IFE

ARTICULATEEEEEE IFE

EVER MILITANTTTT IFE

EVER CONSCIOUSSSS IFE

EVER DYNAMICCCCCCC IFE
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by dayokanu(m): 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2010
stevetboy9:

JAMB QUESTION. Anyway the answer to your question is University of Corruption and Money[size=28pt] Laundry[/size], Aso rock. Nigeria. Hope u're satisfied?

Me too, I have been thinking of opening a laundry business. Do you have any ideas to share? grin grin grin grin
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by yabadabado: 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2010
base on this factors 

percentage of academic programmes with full accreditation status,
compliance with carrying capacity,
proportion of academic staff at professional level
foreign content (staff),
proportion of students who are non-Nigerian
foreign content (students).
proportion of staff with outstanding academic achievement,
research output,
student completion rate
PhD graduate output,
stability of university calendar and student to computer ratio."

Pan-African University , lagos[best among the private varsity]
UI                               , ibadan[best among the public varsity]

NOW  consider this if you are anything like my person
flexing/groving wise, UNILAG  numba 1 champi on
beautiful babes[tomatoes], UNILAG/UNIPORT
certainty of getting a GUD JOB AFTER SCHOOL, PAN-AFRICAN UNIVERSITY
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Zi: 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2010
I'v not been 2 alot of Nigerian universities but from all I can c, UNN is very good.
1) UNN is located in a place not too strategic 4 distration (clubbing & grooving).
2) It provides good accomodation 4 nearly all d students.
3) It has a very extensive land mass with good structures & still enough lands 4 futher development.
4) Nearly constant water & power supply.
5) Good landscape architecture with d present admistration is working on.
6) Life is not that expensive, no handouts, cheap food items, in-campus transport @N20 etc
7) UNN has d largest library in West Africa with internet facilities 4 all students in d library.
cool Every hostel in UNN has dstv connected and 24hrs WiFi/wireless n/w connection anywhere on campus.
9) UNN has enough buildings (including general studies building) & labs & offer many courses.
10) All (95%) students results are on merit. Most lecturers give u what u deserve.
Alot more,
I say all these 'cos I'm a student.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by annyplenty(m): 3:01pm On Oct 12, 2010
Tunsbobo:

There is no need for argument guys, oau is the best university in Nigeria. Oau is the biggest and most beautiful university in Nigeria. It has a conducive environment for learning, b'cos it is located in a serene and green evironment. When u enter the gates of Oau, you are welcomed to a green life, filled with trees,flowers and other nature's gift. Forget about their shortcomings(like consistent strike action), Graduates of oau are the best experts money can buy in all sectors of the economy throughout  the whole of Nigeria. Academics is not a child's play at oau, but  you get to mix with a lot of people and enjoy an impressing social life.Oau offers the best tetiary education but is the cheapest university in Nigeria(in terms of school fees).Check out Zain's African challenge(A competition which involves selected universities in Africa, coming together to see which university in Africa is best in terms of Academics) Oau was the only university that stood the test of time in the competition. Ladies & gentlemen,there is no doubt that oau is the best university in Nigeria, and one of the best in Africa, ALL HAIL GREAT IFE!!!

this is not totally correct. UI too has won the competition while University of Lagos has reached the semi-final.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by smasher1(m): 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2010
My school, DELSU.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by esosa4real(m): 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2010
IGBINEDION UNIVERSITy, not d best ooh, but dem try, smiley, MADONNA? dont try it, its a deaths entence, wink
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by JUO(m): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2010
strike
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
Zi:

I'v not been 2 alot of Nigerian universities but from all I can c, UNN is very good.
1) UNN is located in a place not too strategic 4 distration (clubbing & grooving).
2) It provides good accomodation 4 nearly all d students.
3) It has a very extensive land mass with good structures & still enough lands 4 futher development.
4) Nearly constant water & power supply.
5) Good landscape architecture with d present admistration is working on.
6) Life is not that expensive, no handouts, cheap food items, in-campus transport @N20 etc
7) UNN has d largest library in West Africa with internet facilities 4 all students in d library.
cool Every hostel in UNN has dstv connected and 24hrs WiFi/wireless n/w connection anywhere on campus.
9) UNN has enough buildings (including general studies building) & labs & offer many courses.
10) All (95%) students results are on merit. Most lecturers give u what u deserve.
Alot more,
I say all these 'cos I'm a student.
Excellent! Definitely not the UNN i av visited. Just pay a little visit to the Obafemi Awolowo University, u will rue the day u got admitted to ur UNN. My heart bleed for UNN for she has lost what is left of her glory.

Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by hustla(m): 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2010
Covenant University, grin

Any body wey diss me do die naked! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adio Igboro: 80-Year-Old Graduates From LASU MSc Degree, International Relations / See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse / Elizade University Unveils New Identity, Celebrates New Course Accreditation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.