Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Algorithm Code To Rank Photos In Websites - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Algorithm Code To Rank Photos In Websites (1366 Views)

C++ Code To Add, Subtract, Multiply, And Find Deteminant Of Matrix? / Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server / Help me convert this Vb6.0 code To Vb.net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Algorithm Code To Rank Photos In Websites by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2012
please guys can u help me with algorithm codes to rank photos?
Re: Algorithm Code To Rank Photos In Websites by Beaf: 7:24pm On Jan 29, 2012
No.

Do some work and tell us where you have problems. This section is being reduced to nothing by threads like this.
Re: Algorithm Code To Rank Photos In Websites by ektbear: 3:44am On Jan 30, 2012
Pretty open-ended question. Rank by what metric?

Image size is easy.

Image "goodness" (whatever that would mean) is very arbitrary.

So what metric do you want?
Re: Algorithm Code To Rank Photos In Websites by kodewrita(m): 10:42am On Jan 30, 2012
Beaf:

No.

Do some work and tell us where you have problems. This section is being reduced to nothing by threads like this.

+1000
Re: Algorithm Code To Rank Photos In Websites by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2012
Beaf's said it all. Code dude, code. Code till you get carpal tunnel. Code!!
Re: Algorithm Code To Rank Photos In Websites by Fayimora(m): 1:46pm On Jan 30, 2012
Its not just about the code. Solve THE PROBLEM!
Re: Algorithm Code To Rank Photos In Websites by ektbear: 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2012
I don't think this is a terrible question. It is ill-defined, but not boring/trivial/etc.

Mindlessly coding or whatever is a very bad idea and waste of time without first being more specific about what you want.
Re: Algorithm Code To Rank Photos In Websites by delomos(m): 4:41am On Feb 05, 2012
ekt_bear:

I don't think this is a terrible question. It is ill-defined, but not boring/trivial/etc.

Mindlessly coding or whatever is a very bad idea and waste of time without first being more specific about what you want.
Well put, and in that light I will answer the question -- what is an algorithm? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/algorithm What is coding/programming?[url]http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/java/beginner/programming.html[/url]

When you've gone through those links, you will understand that developing algorithms is nothing trivial AT ALL, and this particular algorithm you asked for is here.http://blog.linkibol.com/2010/05/07/how-to-build-a-popularity-algorithm-you-can-be-proud-of/

Now for the code part, you have many languages you can choose from to translate that algorithm to.

My real question is: why do you want to solve this problem? It's already been beaten to death in many languages -- unless this is an academic practice, go out and have fun, don't re-invent any wheels.

And for everyone shooting "code, code, ", I will like to see your implementation of this algorithm, I might learn something from your solutions smiley

(1) (Reply)

Classified DNA Database And Fingerprints website and software / Is There A Market For A Nigerian Social Media App ?? / I Am In Need Of A Programmer To Partner With As A Co-founder L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.