Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. (7221 Views)

12-year-Old Shot In The Jaw & Upper Lips By Fulani Herdsman In Jos (Graphic Pics / Fulani Herdsman Hoist Flag In Abia / Benue Apc Youth Leader Looses Right Hand(graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by okstol: 7:32am On Jan 30, 2012
ulani herdsman chops off vulcaniser’s hand
From TUNDE RAHEEM, Akure
Monday, January 30, 2012

Pandemonium gripped Akure, the Ondo State capital recently when a Fulani herdsman allegedly chopped off the right hand of a vulcaniser, Mr. Deji Adeleye in Akure during a misunderstanding. The incident, which occurred at Ayedun area of Akure recently threw the entire community into confusion as people feared possible attack from other Fulani herdsmen grazing their cows in the area.

Daily Sun gathered that the victim, a vulcaniser in Ayedun quarters and some carwash owners had warned the herdsmen several times to stop grazing their cows in their business premises. It was learnt that the herdsmen turned deaf ears and as a deliberate way of causing trouble the herdsmen changed their movement to the place from twice in a week to daily routine. Apparently angered by attitude displayed by the herdsmen after several warnings, Adeleye and other people chased the cows out of the area.

The herdsman, it was gathered who did not show any sign of annoyance when his cows was chased away later came back when many people had left the area and chopped off Adeleye’s hand with a sword. It was gathered that the Fulani herdsman wanted to behead Adeleye but the vulcaniser escaped by whickers as he used his right hand to block the herdsman’s sword.

An eyewitness and a relation to Adeleye, Olorunlogbon Ajayi quoted the victim to have said:  “The herdsman moved stealthily towards me and drew out his sword with the intention to behead me. I raised up my hand to protect my head, but had my hand chopped off.” The victim was rushed to a private hospital while the herdsman ran away when some youths around the area wanted to lynch him.

Efforts made by our correspondent to speak with Adeleye where he was receiving treatment proved abortive as security operatives did not allow visitors to gain access to him except few of his family members. The security agents, in a bid to prevent the victim from speaking with the newsmen moved him from the hospital to another private hospital within the Gbogi axis and only doctors and a nurse were allowed to have access to the victim’s room while the security operatives were giving the medical officers close monitoring so that they would not use any device to take the photograph of Adeleye.

Also efforts made to interview the wife of the victim when our correspondent approached the woman for comment proved abortive as the woman first denied being the victim’s wife but after much pressure she admitted being his wife but declined comment on the incident. It was further gathered that the herdsman had fled the area and all efforts made by the police and other security operatives to track him down had not yielded any positive result.
The state government had directed the security agents to manage the situation so that it would not degenerate into inter-tribal clash.

The victim, it was reliably gathered had also been promised N5 million as a compensation by some politicians in the state to start a new life after living the hospital.

It high time government stops these pastors from grazing outside a confined zone. They should keep their flocks in a secluded environment and make use of their cutlasses in cutting grass for their herds not the other way round.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by Ymodulus: 7:50am On Jan 30, 2012
yoruba pple self na only mouth dey sabi. NA bcuz of wole soyinka i dey hold my respect.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by macjive01: 7:50am On Jan 30, 2012
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by okstol: 7:56am On Jan 30, 2012
Ymodulus:
yoruba pple self na only mouth dey sabi. NA bcuz of wole soyinka i dey hold my respect.

This aint a Yoruba/Igbo thing biko. I'm an Igbo man, but dis cows parading as cattle rearers are so disgusting.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by NegroNtns(m): 8:10am On Jan 30, 2012
wasnt this same people that a politician in that state had initiated a law to expand their grazing area? They should be bring that lawmaker out now and lynch him since the fulani escaped lynching.

Akure guys. . . .you have to save face on this one. You have to get a reprisal on a fvking fulani, doesnt have to be the same one. . . any fulani, fvck him up and take picture and post. It will not be an excuse that your are not in Nigeria. . . . you all arrange money and resource and get boys at home to fcvk up a fulani. This is your soil. If you need assistance let me know. We will be waiting to know outcome.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by NegroNtns(m): 8:13am On Jan 30, 2012
In fact, fvck up two fulanis. . . . one for the reprisal and the other not for anything other than just for the fun of fvcking up a cowherd.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by macjive01: 8:14am On Jan 30, 2012
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ISLAM ?

THESE GUYS HAVE NO REGARD  FOR HUMAN LIFE. DAMN!. YET YORUBA CONTINUE SIDING WITH THEM AGAINST IGBOs.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by okstol: 8:32am On Jan 30, 2012
An average Fulani man will save drowning cattle rather than drowning man. I mean in a situation where d both got stuck inside a river.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by NorthSharp(m): 11:23am On Jan 30, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

wasnt this same people that a politician in that state had initiated a law to expand their grazing area?  They should be bring that lawmaker out now and lynch him since the fulani escaped lynching. 

Akure guys. . . .you have to save face on this one.  You have to get a reprisal on a fvking fulani, doesnt have to be the same one. . . any fulani, fvck him up and take picture and post.  It will not be an excuse that your are not in Nigeria. . . . you all arrange money and resource and get boys at home to fcvk up a fulani.  This is your soil.  If you need assistance let me know.   We will be waiting to know outcome.   

The cruel and barbaric act of this Fulani guy is highly disgusting and utterly condemnable.

His brief moment of solitary display of stark wickedness and senselessness could put his people in the area in an even greater danger, and result in them having less (not more) grazing space for their cattle; and if they keep going on this dangerous course of committing violence (even in the face of some provocation) against their host communities in those Southern greener (and largely accommodating) grazing lands, they would end up being chased out of the areas altogether.

But having said that, I must say that you (Negro_Ntns) have been very irrational in your response. Suppose an indigene of Akure living in Lagos is silly enough to listen to your (more silly) call and kills two ENTIRELY INNOCENT Fulani guys working as Maigadi (watchmen) in Ikeja, and announces that he kills them in retaliation for this wicked act of that senseless Fulani in Akure.

What do you think would follow? A Fulani person somewhere might feel as outraged by that revenge killings in Ikeja, just as you did by this wicked attack in Akure, and become as irrational and irresponsible as you have been here and advise EXACTLY as you did thus:

"Katsina guys. . . .you have to save face on this one.  You have to get a reprisal on a fvking Yoruba, doesnt have to be the same one. . . any Yoruba, fvck him up and take picture and post.  It will not be an excuse that your are not in Nigeria. . . . you all arrange money and resource and get boys at home to fcvk up a Yoruba.  This is your soil.  If you need assistance let me know.   We will be waiting to know outcome." 

What if after reading this, some Fulani young men ambush and kill two ENTIRELY INNOCENT Yoruba students of ABU Zaria, an ENTIRELY innocent Yoruba senior staff of First Bank in Kano, and an ENITIRELY INNOCENT Yoruba woman hawking bread in Kawo, Kaduna? And in each case, the perpetrators of these cold-blooded murders announce that it is in retaliation of the killing of the two ENTIRELY INNOCENT maigadis in Ikeja?

--the cycle of revenge would continue, and the uglier it gets, the more it catches up with ENTIRELY INNOCENT people from both sides. 

Instead of openly inciting an attack on innocent people who have absolutely NOTHING to do with this barbarity, why shouldn't you call for the harshest penalty for the culprit, even if it means meting out the so-called 'jungle justice' to him?

As decent human beings, we should feel outraged whenever innocent people are harmed, regardless of who they are. That's basic humanity.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by LogicMind: 11:38am On Jan 30, 2012
For where? Coward yoruba? Kill his master? You are dreaming.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by texazzpete(m): 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2012
Ymodulus:

The article clearly says the assailant narrowly escaped lynching and you're here talking about 'cowardice'. if you cannot read and comprehend English properly let us know so we can dig through our archives and send you our old JSS1 textbooks. I'm sure my mother still keeps my old copy of Queen Primer and Brighter Grammar in our family library grin
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by Arosa(m): 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2012
Why do Hausa/Fulani like to chop off peeps hands?
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by texazzpete(m): 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2012
Arosa:

Why do Hausa/Fulani like to chop off peeps hands?

Why did you not read the article before posting?
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by peckhamboi: 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2012
Logic Mind:

For where? Coward yoruba? Kill his master? You are dreaming.

Very Sad.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by Arosa(m): 1:15pm On Jan 30, 2012
texazzpete:

Why did you not read the article before posting?

Does it make any deference in this case?
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by okstol: 1:21pm On Jan 30, 2012
These ethnic bigots don come again. When are we gonna stop this silly behaviour? Every thread always ends up in tribal bashing. Na waaoo
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by Arosa(m): 1:29pm On Jan 30, 2012
So the Fulani guy wanted to cut off the vulcanisers head, cos of cattle not allowed to graze.  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by ektbear: 1:43pm On Jan 30, 2012
I don't understand why these guys aren't armed with guns or weapons of their own.

If you chase away a Fulani's cows, then you should be prepared for violence immediately after.

smh

Better a course of action is to probably once you chase away/kill the cows, find and kill the herdsman too
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by texazzpete(m): 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
Arosa:

Does it make any deference in this case?

Yes, you brainless dolt! The article clearly stated that the Fulani man tried to behead the victim. He lost his hand because he blocked the blade with it.

Then again, why should I be surprised that a man who cannot even spell the word 'difference' (which I could effortlessly spell in JSS1) cannot read written English properly?
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by seenoevil1: 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2012
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by Beaf: 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2012
[size=14pt]Ban nomadic cattle rearing in Nigeria.
QED[/size]
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by Arosa(m): 6:01pm On Jan 30, 2012
texazzpete:

Yes, you brainless dolt! The article clearly stated that the Fulani man tried to behead the victim. He lost his hand because he blocked the blade with it.

Then again, why should I be surprised that a man who cannot even spell the word 'difference' (which I could effortlessly spell in JSS1) cannot read written English properly?

You are a pusssy fart, does that change the fact that a Hausa man did chop off someones hand, which is their favorite past time. Mr I can spell difference in JSS1.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by NorthSharp(m): 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2012
Arosa:

" -- a Hausa man did chop off someones hand, which is their favorite past time." 

So if I read a story on NL of one silly Yoruba man impregnating his biological daughter (and there are quite a number of such stories), I could then use that to say or write:

"-- a Yoruba man did impregnate his daughter, which is their favorite past time?"

What a disgusting ethnic stereotyping!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by NegroNtns(m): 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2012
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ISLAM ?

THESE GUYS HAVE NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE. DAMN!. YET YORUBA CONTINUE SIDING WITH THEM AGAINST IGBOs.

Igbo is worse than fulani!
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by OneNaira6: 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry
I hope you are enjoying one nigeria yoruba.
When SS and SE start talking about disintegrating from the north, una come dey shout and scream. Hope una are enjoying it tongue
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by Arosa(m): 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2012
NorthSharp:

So if I read a story on NL of one silly Yoruba man impregnating his biological daughter (and there are quite a number of such stories), I could then use that to say or write:

"-- a Yoruba man did impregnate his daughter, which is their favorite past time?"

What a disgusting ethnic stereotyping!

I take that back then.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by NegroNtns(m): 7:48pm On Jan 30, 2012
But having said that, I must say that you (Negro_Ntns) have been very irrational in your response. Suppose an indigene of Akure living in Lagos is silly enough to listen to your (more silly) call and kills two ENTIRELY INNOCENT Fulani guys working as Maigadi (watchmen) in Ikeja, and announces that he kills them in retaliation for this wicked act of that senseless Fulani in Akure.

What do you think would follow? A Fulani person somewhere might feel as outraged by that revenge killings in Ikeja, just as you did by this wicked attack in Akure, and become as irrational and irresponsible as you have been here and advise EXACTLY as you did thus:

"Katsina guys. . . .you have to save face on this one.  You have to get a reprisal on a fvking Yoruba, doesnt have to be the same one. . . any Yoruba, fvck him up and take picture and post.  It will not be an excuse that your are not in Nigeria. . . . you all arrange money and resource and get boys at home to fcvk up a Yoruba.  This is your soil.  If you need assistance let me know.   We will be waiting to know outcome."  

What if after reading this, some Fulani young men ambush and kill two ENTIRELY INNOCENT Yoruba students of ABU Zaria, an ENTIRELY innocent Yoruba senior staff of First Bank in Kano, and an ENITIRELY INNOCENT Yoruba woman hawking bread in Kawo, Kaduna? And in each case, the perpetrators of these cold-blooded murders announce that it is in retaliation of the killing of the two ENTIRELY INNOCENT maigadis in Ikeja?

--the cycle of revenge would continue, and the uglier it gets, the more it catches up with ENTIRELY INNOCENT people from both sides.  

Instead of openly inciting an attack on innocent people who have absolutely NOTHING to do with this barbarity, why shouldn't you call for the harshest penalty for the culprit, even if it means meting out the so-called 'jungle justice' to him?

As decent human beings, we should feel outraged whenever innocent people are harmed, regardless of who they are. That's basic humanity.

Northsharp,

fvck you and your rationale!  Who get time for rationale?  No we are talking about blood you are talking bout rationale. . . . .  you bastard!! angry  

Fulani went to chop someone head off for complaining about grazing on their land and you call tmy response irrational.  Maybe we should start the reprisal on your head, you fvcker!!

I stand by what I said. . . . there is no more forgiveness and being rational in Nigeria. . . . any tribe, I dont care what your father name is come to Yorubaland to shed Yoruba blood. . . you will get your blood spilled.  fvck u!!

. . . and oh, I do hope that an Akure man in Lagos find two fulanis to behead for this attack in Akure.    You talking about killing Yorubas in Katsina. . . .when has thatt not already happened?  How about the school teacher that was stripped naked and then beaten to death?  You owe us a reprisal on that.  How many should we count?  Fvck you and fvck sarikin fulani everywhere in Nigeria, east, west or north!  

Dont piss me off mothrfvcker!! angry
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by seenoevil1: 8:11pm On Jan 30, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Northsharp,

fvck you and your rationale!  Who get time for rationale?  No we are talking about blood you are talking bout rationale. . . . .  you bastard!! angry  

Fulani went to chop someone head off for complaining about grazing on their land and you call tmy response irrational.  Maybe we should start the reprisal on your head, you fvcker!!

I stand by what I said. . . . there is no more forgiveness and being rational in Nigeria. . . . any tribe, I dont care what your father name is come to Yorubaland to shed Yoruba blood. . . you will get your blood spilled.  fvck u!!

. . . and oh, I do hope that an Akure man in Lagos find two fulanis to behead for this attack in Akure.    You talking about killing Yorubas in Katsina. . . .when has thatt not already happened?  How about the school teacher that was stripped Unclad and then beaten to death?  You owe us a reprisal on that.  How many should we count?  Fvck you and fvck sarikin fulani everywhere in Nigeria, east, west or north!  

Dont piss me off mothrfvcker!! angry

See as you dey vex badly . only thing be sey if u fit vex like dis wen u see aboki man in real life e for beta.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by NegroNtns(m): 8:34pm On Jan 30, 2012
See as you dey vex badly . only thing be sey if u fit vex like dis wen u see aboki man in real life e for beta.

I understand the Hausa/Fulani than he understands himself. I have the history of his roots in my head. There is nothing about him that awes or shocks me, and there is nothing he can do that panicks me. I have fvcked up many before and I am not afraid to fvck many more if I have the opportunity. Hausa/Fulani's blood is not sacred to me. . . .I can slaughter him like I slaughter a ram, and I wont bat an eye. I will fvck a fulani up!

Yorubas dont hold them in any special regard and you can see he was pursued but outran them to escape. Its not surprising, given that his genes is constructed for fast pacing and firmness on ground than would be that of his pursuers who are city dwellers not conditioned for running.

The days of fvlani rampaging in the West is up! In fact I would suggest that occassionally we just go hunt for them and for no reason at all round them up and flog them as a proactive lesson to remind them they are now in Yorubaland and to be in best behavior while their grazing on the land last. We react to them. . . so they dont take us serious.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by yarodin: 9:30pm On Jan 30, 2012
My question is wentin come happen to the grazing cows? Did the Fulani man abandon his cows or they all escaped?
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by aurenflani: 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2012
As disgusting as it were i find it irreconciably pathetic with some comments that have been posted here. Igbo armed robbers are currently robbing & killing both their own & others for no reason other than d ppl are plying d roads. Dis fulani guy was wrong for his extremely bizarre reaction but looking at it logically - compared to d reason dis igbo guys d fulani is a "saint".
But what happened was unfortunate & i feel his pain.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. by okstol: 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2012
^^^Dont forget to take ur rational pills before going to bed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Al-mustapha Knows His Fate Today / Fashola Receives U.S Diplomats, Urges Deeper Global Cooperation / Wike Faults Critics Of Patience Jonathan’s Honorary Degree Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.