Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Requirements To Renew Uk Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa (17512 Views)

Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / To Renew Nigerian Passport In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by mbm: 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2012
Hello,
I wish to renew my UK visa. I have about 530k in my account but I don't have tax card now. Should I proceed.
I need to state that this amount does not include the money 4 hotel because I have taken care of that.
Thanks
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2012
mbm:

Hello,
I wish to renew my UK visa. I have about 530k in my account but I don't have tax card now. Should I proceed.
I need to state that this amount does not include the money 4 hotel because I have taken care of that.
Thanks
You mean you just want a YES or NO answer?
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by mbm: 8:05am On Jan 31, 2012
I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I COULD RENEW MY UK TOURISM VISA WITH 530K IN MY ACCOUNT AND ALSO WITHOUT TAX CERTIFICATE.
I INTEND TO A BOOK A HOSTEL BUT NOT FROM THE ACCOUNT FOR 6 DAYS.
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 9:37am On Jan 31, 2012
mbm:

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I COULD RENEW MY UK TOURISM VISA WITH 530K IN MY ACCOUNT AND ALSO WITHOUT TAX CERTIFICATE.
I INTEND TO A BOOK A HOSTEL BUT NOT FROM THE ACCOUNT FOR 6 DAYS.
To be precise, if the embassy is aware of your financial situation, they would most definitely refuse your (visa renewal) application for fear that you pose an immigration risk as they can't trust that you are willing to exhaust all your money (which would barely be enough to cover the costs of the travel), and there would be no reason for you to return to Nigeria since you wouldn't seem to have much obligations to return for.
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by mbm: 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2012
so about how much do i need to have, please?
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by wanaj0: 12:21am On Feb 01, 2012
mbm:

so about how much do i need to have, please?

It is not a matter of amount. It is your ability to convince the people that

1) You have ties to make you return to Nigeria
2) You have enough money to take care of yourself.

Even if you have Zero in your account but you can demonstrate that you have a good job that you are coming back to, there should be no problem. The FLOW through your account is more important than the BALANCE in the account. Some dont even look at the statement of account.
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 12:40am On Feb 01, 2012
wanaj0:

Even if you have Zero in your account but you can demonstrate that you have a good job that you are coming back to, there should be no problem. The FLOW through your account is more important than the BALANCE in the account. Some dont even look at the statement of account.
Friend, the account balance matters as much as the transaction details; if the "flow through his account" is impressively detailed, and yet, the balance is on negative, the visa will be refused
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by wanaj0: 12:46am On Feb 01, 2012
Vicjustice:

Friend, the account balance matters as much as the transaction details; if the "flow through his account" is impressively detailed, and yet, the balance is on negative, the visa will be refused

I've applied for visa with Zero account balance. I only attached my CSCS statement showing my stock holding. When asked why the account was zero, told them I dont keep cash but invest it.

I've applied with ZERO account balance and I was given. My payslip was enough as proof of my income.

More than your account balance, your INCOME and FLOW through the account is what is important.

2 Likes

Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by justwise(m): 7:36am On Feb 01, 2012
wanaj0:

I've applied for visa with Zero account balance. I only attached my CSCS statement showing my stock holding. When asked why the account was zero, told them I dont keep cash but invest it.

I've applied with ZERO account balance and I was given. My payslip was enough as proof of my income.

More than your account balance, your INCOME and FLOW through the account is what is important.

Which embassy was that?
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by justwise(m): 7:38am On Feb 01, 2012
wanaj0:

It is not a matter of amount. It is your ability to convince the people that

1) You have ties to make you return to Nigeria
2) You have enough money to take care of yourself.

Even if you have Zero in your account but you can demonstrate that you have a good job that you are coming back to, [/b]there should be no problem. The FLOW through your account is more important than the BALANCE in the account. Some dont even look at the statement of account.

If you have ZERO in your account how will you convince the ECO that you can afford the [b]cost
of your trip?
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by mbm: 11:42am On Feb 01, 2012
My guy, I obtained the uk tourism visa in 2010 with only 580k. I only with to renew with only 530k. Anyway I will wait till the end of the month, so that it will be approx 700k.
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 2:27pm On Feb 01, 2012
mbm:

My guy, I obtained the uk tourism visa in 2010 with only 580k. I only with to renew with only 530k. Anyway I will wait till the end of the month, so that it will be approx 700k.
I'm sorry, but your claims are unreasonable. If you indeed applied for a tourist visa with 580k, and the application was successful, then, why are you bothered that you have 530k this time?
Please, make a bit more sense
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2012
wanaj0:

[size=50pt]YOU LIE[/size]

1 Like

Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by wanaj0: 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2012
justwise:

If you have ZERO in your account how will you convince the ECO that you can afford the cost of your trip?

You can convince them by showing that you have regular income stream that can fund the cost of your trip.

You show that you are returning by showing your ties and investment in Nigeria.

justwise:

Which embassy was that?

Done that with at least three embassies. UK, US and Canada.
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by wanaj0: 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2012
Vicjustice:

[size=50pt]YOU LIE[/size]

Thank you sir.

Which part is the lie?

That I did not get the visa?

That I had money in my account?

That my payslip is not enough prove of my income?

That my CSCS statement is not prove of my investment?
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by justwise(m): 7:18pm On Feb 01, 2012
wanaj0:

You can convince them by showing that you have regular income stream that can fund the cost of your trip.

You show that you are returning by showing your ties and investment in Nigeria.

Done that with at least three embassies. UK, US and Canada.

I don't think you actually mean what you just said here, you are applying for UK visa without any money to finance the trip, just payslip? The ECO needs to see how much you have at that moment in your account and NOT how much that comes into your account.

If you are given the visa today and your traveling in two days time, how will you travel without money? Payslip is not credit card.
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by wanaj0: 7:24pm On Feb 01, 2012
justwise:

I don't think you actually mean what you just said here, you are applying for UK visa without any money to finance the trip, just payslip? The ECO needs to see how much you have at that moment in your account and NOT how much that comes into your account.

If you are given the visa today and your traveling in two days time, how will you travel without money? Payslip is not credit card.

Well, I was not planning to travel two days after my application.

My monthly salary can handle my travels and UNTIL I am about to make the trip, I invest my CASH!

My Payslip shows how much I earn. The flow through the account tallies with my payslip and my CSCS statement shows what I use the money to do! So the ECO need to judge whether based on my income I can afford the trip (not whether I have the cash already stored).

How many people anywhere in the world keep $6,000 RAW cash just because of visa?

2 Likes

Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by justwise(m): 7:49pm On Feb 01, 2012
wanaj0:

My monthly salary can handle my travels and UNTIL I am about to make the trip, I invest my CASH!

My Payslip shows how much I earn. The flow through the account tallies with my payslip and my CSCS statement shows what I use the money to do! So the ECO need to judge whether based on my income I can afford the trip (not whether I have the cash already stored).

How many people anywhere in the world keep $6,000 RAW cash just because of visa?

Many do.
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2012
wanaj0:

There is no need to brag: what nature of "investment" is it that you are putting your billions into, that is now making you broke?
   Well, even if your "payslips" say that you earn 5 million Naira a month and you are "investing" every penny with NNPC, and your account has no balance available for your trip, you would be refused the visa because, you have no evidence of funds available for maintenance.
   With this awareness, i insist that your claims are false
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by wanaj0: 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2012
Vicjustice:

There is no need to brag: what nature of "investment" is it that you are putting your billions into, that is now making you broke?
   Well, even if your "payslips" say that you earn 5 million Naira a month and you are "investing" every penny with NNPC, and your account has no balance available for your trip, you would be refused the visa because, you have no evidence of funds available for maintenance.
   With this awareness, i insist that your claims are false

Brag. Thank you.

You should have known that NNPC will not show on your CSCS statement.
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 12:16pm On Feb 02, 2012
wanaj0:

Brag. Thank you.

You should have known that NNPC will not show on your CSCS statement.
Whatever, whether it's NNPC or whichever company is not the issue, the point i'm making is that your claims are all false; no offence intended
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2012
mbm:

Hello,
Thanks

Now if you plan re-new your visa make sure after calculating ur total expenses u still have a reasonable sum of amount of money left over in your account, say your trip will cost you 500k, make sure u have atleast a milla, cos if you have just 500k in ur account and that will cover ur expenses and nuttin is left in the acct then buddy forget the visa u not gettin it. Also you don"t need a tax card, go by the bank pay for your tax and send in the reciept that is wat i do for my clients, i don"t put in the card, they know how to verify it. See what ppl don"t understand is that its different ECO"s that process the applications that come in, what ECO "A" will say its cool with him, if a different officer process it he may refuse you, so it all depends on the ECO"S,. peace
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by mbm: 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2012
My friend just renewed his tourism visa without tax cert and with 272k in his account.
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2012
mbm:

My friend just renewed his tourism visa without tax cert and with  272k in his account.
   Even Wanaj0 had said he got a visa with no money at all in his account; so maybe your friend and Wanaj0 can help you do the same since you have 2 times more money than they have in their accounts
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by justwise(m): 5:57pm On Feb 03, 2012
mbm:

My friend just renewed his tourism visa without tax cert and with 272k in his account.

Do you work or into business? How much comes into your account on regular bases?
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by mbm: 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2012
I earn monthly income of about 110k as take home
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by justwise(m): 4:04pm On Feb 06, 2012
mbm:

I earn monthly income of about 110k as take home

Then you got nothing to worry about.
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by kaygee1977: 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
Balance doesn't matter. ..have applied with almosr zero balance and I was issued. What is most important is the flow of a healthy account and a proof of consistent income that is sustainable.
Vicjustice: Friend, the account balance matters as much as the transaction details; if the "flow through his account" is impressively detailed, and yet, the balance is on negative, the visa will be refused
Re: Requirements To Renew Uk Visa by justwise(m): 7:02pm On Jan 06, 2014

(1)

See Morocco See Spain...see Libya See Italy...its About Life Or Died / Lagos To Divert Traffic For Today's Match Between Nigeria And Liberia / Akwa Ibom: Small London In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.