Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One (49840 Views)

Renewing An International Passport - How Do I Go About It? / UK Based Zimbabwean Slay Queen Begs For Money Online To Renew Her Visa / 4 Reasons Why The Nigerian Passport No Longer Commands Respect - Chimmysblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by jnhmaxxwell: 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
Has your Nigerian Passport been lost, stolen or need renewal? Try not to freeze or panic! I will walk you through the procedure of rapidly replacing your lost or stolen travel permit, notwithstanding or whether you're at currently abroad or set to go on a worldwide tour.

Step by step instructions to Replace Your Passport Abroad - Overview
1)Report your international Nigerian Passport loss to the nearest police headquarters and make a meeting with the nearest Nigerian embassy office or Consulate
2) Gather documents to demonstrate your character and Nigerian citizenship
3) Pay the international Nigerian passport and get your new travel permit (by going to Nigerian Passport service )
*See bellow for more details of each step
Tip & Warnings About Lost or Stolen Nigerian Passports
In case you're abroad, having a photocopy of your Nigerian Passport page makes getting another travel permit less easier. Thinking about to what extent it takes to get your Nigerian travel permit replaced? It can take as meager as under 24 hours. It relies on upon how soon you require your Nigerian
International Passport and how rapidly you can demonstrate your citizenship and identity.

Loss of Nigerian Passport Abroad or Theft - Detailed Instructions on How to Replace Your Passport From Overseas
The following is the guidelines to help you rapidly replace your lost or stolen travel permit in case you're right now abroad.
Continue to see 5 steps ===>

Step 1:

Report your stolen Nigerian Passport instantly by reaching out the your nearest Nigerian Embassy or Consulate. You should identify with the Nigerian department Administrations informing them of the misfortune or robbery and you should provide detail ( No compulsory though) of why you require your travel permit as quickly as possible. Make an arrangement or call the nearest Nigerian embassy to you.

Step 2:
You will need to fill out a form which is accessible in electronic structure.
Print and fill out online form Regarding renewal, lost or fresh Passport and reestablishment. Answer the questions with much detail as could be expected. Check the Nigerian immigration office online.
Try not to sign and date the form as you should do that at the Nigeria Embassy or Consulate.
Step 3: Documents needed for first issuance, Re-issueance or substitution of Lost Nigerian Passport.
A. To start with ISSUANCE (Fresh)
Two (2) Passport measured photos;
Letter of consent of Parents of applicant(s) less than sixteen years old (16);
Online application form printed and signed (by going to Nigerian Passport service )
Printed out Payment and acknowledgement slip.

B. RE-ISSUANCE OF PASSPORTS
Two (2) Passport estimated photos;
Copy of Residence Permit;
The present e-Passport and its information page ought to be submitted at the Embassy.
Online application form printed and signed (by going to Nigerian Passport service )
Printed out payment slip and acknowledgement slip.

C. Substitution OF LOST PASSPORTS
An application is tended to the Ambassador for re-issuance of lost Nigerian passport ( Please download statement form bellow);
Two (2) Passport photos;
Police report on the lost Nigerian International Passport and translated in English;
Copy of Residence Permit;
Copy of information page of lost Nigerian Passport;
All the above listed documents ought to be scanned and sent to the closest Nigrian Embassy to you. ( You can call them to get their email to send the reports or most preferably go there in individual)
Re-issuance of lost passport is liable to approval from the Nigeria Immigration Service in Abuja.
Step 4:
Once you have filled out all the documents and gathered evidence of your identity and citizenship, you're prepared to go for your meeting with a Nigerian Consular Officer.
You'll have to provide the consular officer with the following:
Your filled out Form from Nigerian Immigration site.
Individual Data, including: (In the online form)
- your name
- date of birth
- Place of Birth
- Next of Kin
Police Report:
- You will need Police Report in regards to your lost or stolen travel permit. A police report is required and compulsory.

Step 5:
You should pay passport expenses for replacing your passport and your travel permit will be issued for the full 5-year validity period.
Your Nigerian international Passport will be issued once your personality and citizenship are confirmed by the immigration Head office in Abuja, amid the normal Nigerian Embassy or Consulate business hours. The whole process can be completed as quickly as possible and some cases may take days

NIGERIANS APPLYING FOR PASSPORT FOR CHILDREN ABROAD
A written application tended to the Ambassador REQUESTING ISSUANCE of travel permit for Child
Duplicate of both parents passport or travel permit.
2 Current Passport sized photos
Online payment of fitting travel permit expenses which should be possible by going to Nigerian Passport service online after then you are required to print out your filled application Acknowledgement slip and installment affirmation receipt which will be sent to you once payment is made.
All the above reports ought to be checked and sent to the nearest Nigerian embassy to you for processing Letter of content from parent

Read more: http://omoooduarere..com/2015/08/lost-nigerian-passport-how-to-replace.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by kokoetemma(m): 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
How do I get my lost passport back?
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by lisleelove: 6:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
How much would all this cost?
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
What about misplaced passport locally. (here in Nigeria)??

1 Like

Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by ManTiger(m): 12:39am On Jun 06, 2016
I heard each state now re-issue passport, someone should pls confirm.
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by jay3012: 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
Dats true... I did mine in akure two days ago. Though my passport was to expire in 4months time nd an immigration officer told me that they dont renew rather they re - issue fresh passport. So it will come wit different passport number
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by hadaydoyin(m): 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
jay3012:
Dats true... I did mine in akure two days ago. Though my passport was to expire in 4months time nd an immigration officer told me that they dont renew rather they re - issue fresh passport. So it will come wit different passport number

I was told it will begin in Lagos in august..so please how much d u do yours? and d address in akure. please urgent
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by jay3012: 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
hadaydoyin:

I was told it will begin in Lagos in august..so please how much d u do yours? and d address in akure. please urgent

Immigration office in akure... Around igbatoro road close to police hq and custom office
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by hadaydoyin(m): 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
jay3012:

Immigration office in akure... Around igbatoro road close to police hq and custom office

for how much? wats d fee pls
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by okeys112(m): 10:35am On Jul 07, 2016
Hello House

I recently misplaced my international passport when I traveled to Imo state .

I am currently in lagos , and I need to get another passport , can anyone here guide me and the rest of the readers on how to go about getting a reissue ?!

I have JPEG copy of my passport data page that got misplaced.

I hope some one can be of assistance to me , for it is urgent.
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by DaVinciii(m): 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
How do i get the replacement passport from here in Nigeria?
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
My brother have you being able to get a new passport?i also misplaced mine and would love to know the procedure
okeys112:
Hello House

I am currently in lagos , and I need to get another passport , can anyone here guide me and the rest of the readers on how to go about getting a reissue ?!

Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by Fadelex(m): 8:22am On Jul 15, 2016
Chosen1984:
My brother have you being able to get a new passport?i also misplaced mine and would love to know the procedure
You can only get it in abuja... you'll need your passport number, sworn affidavit and a police extract report. It will take like 4 days to get approval before you'll come over to capture. pm me for details

1 Like

Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by Fadelex(m): 8:23am On Jul 15, 2016
DaVinciii:
How do i get the replacement passport from here in Nigeria?
You can only get it in abuja... you'll need your passport number, sworn affidavit and a police extract report. It will take like 4 days to get approval before you'll come over to capture. pm me for details
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by Fadelex(m): 8:23am On Jul 15, 2016
okeys112:
Hello House

Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by omonla10(m): 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Fadelex:
u can now get it in Lagos.. I'm at immigrations office Festac at the moment

2 Likes

Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by worry359(m): 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
omonla10:
What was the cost?
Did you need to give anyone "something?"
Is there express service for pay extra?
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by omonla10(m): 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
worry359:

What was the cost?
Did you need to give anyone "something?"
Is there express service for pay extra?
for lost or new passport
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by worry359(m): 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
omonla10:
for lost or new passport

Lost
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by omonla10(m): 11:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
worry359:

Lost
45k and will be ready in approximately 5weeks
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by Andyc007: 7:24am On Dec 20, 2016
omonla10:

Bro, my current passport has an issue. I want to get a new one so that when I go to another embassy I won't have issues.

How will immigration treat it? Its definitely not lost. I just want a new one.
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by omonla10(m): 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
Andyc007:

Bro, my current passport has an issue. I want to get a new one so that when I go to another embassy I won't have issues.

How will immigration treat it? Its definitely not lost. I just want a new one.
that's what I went for.. I'm afraid u have to declare it lost to get another one.. But firstly u need to swear an affidavit from the ikeja high court and police report.. Note : High court and not notary.. Then take it to Festac or IKOYI immigrations to proceed.. Affidavit cost 4k to 5k..passport around 50k
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by Andyc007: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
omonla10:
that's what I went for.. I'm afraid u have to declare it lost to get another one.. But firstly u need to swear an affidavit from the ikeja high court and police report.. Note : High court and not notary.. Then take it to Festac or IKOYI immigrations to proceed.. Affidavit cost 4k to 5k..passport around 50k

My dear that is what most ppl told me...but I am looking for a way around it.

Thanks
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by omonla10(m): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
Andyc007:

My dear that is what most ppl told me...but I am looking for a way around it.

Thanks
Goodluck on ur quest . I also tried every available means(as a Nigerian) . The only short cut is u going to Abuja.. Shouldn't take more that 3 to 7 days

2 Likes

Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by Holarmide(m): 4:32am On Dec 29, 2016
Good Morning Nairalanders

Compliment of the season.
I lost my international passport. It's still a virgin passport. Though I have the expired one which I took for the renewal then and was given back. The renewed copy was actually going to expire soon which I was thing of renewing and not just retrieving. Please I need an advice and what it will cost me.

Also, my wife need renewal for hers. I also want to find out if my 3yrs old daughter and my 2 months old son needs a passport.

Thanks you
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by Fadelex(m): 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2016
@Holarmide
Good day, your passport that was given back to you has been deactivated on giving you a renewed one. your case will be treated as a lost passport. you'll have to do a police report,
court affidavit to do that. Might take 4-5days in abuja or 5-6weeks at the state command. Your children also needs passport but dont do it unless you intend to use it now. Your wife can renew hers in the state you reside.
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by Zaronxpanol(f): 6:58am On Jan 19, 2017
Mine too, Ikoyi is closer to me
Re: Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One by Ifynoble100(m): 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
Please house I need urgent respond I lost my passport yesterday @Ikeja on my to interview how can I replace my lost passport here in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / Residents Scoop Fuel From Falling Tanker At OPIC Ogun State (Photos) / Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.