Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,861 members, 7,862,842 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:38 AM

Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (33637 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / F1 Zone: Formula One Racing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by babyboy3(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2012
Theirs a reason why they call the Hungaroring "Monaco without barriers" its extremely hard to overtake another circuit like Catalunya Kimi would have passed Lewis. But great job Lewis
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2012
Can you imagine I missed the last couple of laps? embarassed
Powercut! It took a couple of minutes to restore, but then... Nooooooooo!!!

Anyways, congrats to Lewis and welldone to Kimi.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
Beaf: Can you imagine I missed the last couple of laps? embarassed

I did not miss a second from the start, with heavy heart beat because Kim was all over Lewis and with fresher tyre, the 5live commentators made it even harder as they keep harming that Kim will win.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by zylla(m): 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
this is goooooood news, at least a break from all the near misses.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2012
Beaf: Can you imagine I missed the last couple of laps? embarassed

your own is good, i missed the whole race angry angry
i even tried to follow the race on my phone via the f1.com live timing BS..... what a waste of time!

anyway finally Ham got one more race up, and although not yet close to the top, he is getting slowly there and closer to the runners up.....Alonso 40 points ahead and still scoring points on each and every races.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

your own is good, i missed the whole race angry angry
i even tried to follow the race on my phone via the f1.com live timing BS..... what a waste of time!

anyway finally Ham got one more race up, and although not yet close to the top, he is getting slowly there and closer to the runners up.....Alonso 40 points ahead and still scoring points on each and every races.

My broda, na baba Ijebu do you strong tin! Lol!

As for Alonso gaining points at each race, he lost 15 to Lewis today, so its not too sure for him yet even though the season looks to be going his way. With just 3 races like todays, he'll lose the lead.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
Beaf:

My broda, na baba Ijebu do you strong tin! Lol!

As for Alonso gaining points at each race, he lost 15 to Lewis today, so its not too sure for him yet even though the season looks to be going his way. With just 3 races like todays, he'll lose the lead.

lol, looking at it this way, it could have been Baba Ijebu's prediction as NOTHING worked today!!!! cable tv and internet was down, ran to the sports bar and they were showing some BS Olympic, WTF!!!!

as for Alonso, his closest rival was both RBRs, and they both finished "poorly" today....so Ham coming back into top spots is only good, as i said, better ham than anyone driving a RBR.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
Did anybody hear Vettel asking his team to do something when he was stuck behind Button? That was funny!

Vettel: "I can go much faster than this so do something!"
Red Bull: "We're looking at it"

Vettel: "I can do much better than this. Try something! Try something!"
Red Bull: "we can't just try anything"
...And at this time, I guess a stream of silent swear words, curses and thoughts of violence must have followed from the Red Bull team. grin

It goes in the same archive as Rob Smedleys, "Filipe baby!" shocked
...And "OK, so, Fernando is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?"

Lolzz!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

lol, looking at it this way, it could have been Baba Ijebu's prediction as NOTHING worked today!!!! cable tv and internet was down, ran to the sports bar and they were showing some BS Olympic, WTF!!!!

as for Alonso, his closest rival was both RBRs, and they both finished "poorly" today....so Ham coming back into top spots is only good, as i said, better ham than anyone driving a RBR.

Oti o! Dis one na real home trouble! shocked shocked shocked
Abeg, go and confess sharp sharp that you were the one that impregnated baba Ijebu's pretty daughter o!
E be like say di man don de take pot look you.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2012
Red Bull and Ferrari are now fully at WAR!

[size=14pt]F1: ‘Furious’ Ferrari Denies Marko’s Hand-Adjuster Claim[/size]
Written by: SPEED Staff / GMM
Date: 08/03/2012 - 08:33 AM

A reportedly “furious” Ferrari has hit back at Red Bull, after the reigning champions suggested the famous Italian team broke the rules “for a year.”

Frustrated with the constant technical controversies involving Red Bull in 2012, the team’s Helmut Marko said this week that actually “Ferrari used something like that for a year.”

The outspoken Austrian had been asked about the latest Red Bull saga, amid reports the FIA told the team to remove an illegal hand-control for adjusting the RB8’s ride height without a tool at June’s Canadian Grand Prix.

The website of Italian sports newspapers Tuttosport and Corriere dello Sport said Ferrari has responded to Marko’s claims by issuing a robust denial.

A Ferrari spokesman was quoted as saying the accusation is “completely untrue.”

Indeed, in the original article that quoted Marko about the alleged Ferrari system, journalist Michael Schmidt doubted Red Bull would have any knowledge about what is under the skin of the red F2012.

“One has to wonder how an outsider could have seen something like that,” said the Auto Motor und Sport writer.

“Chassis components at the front are well hidden in the carbon tube, and you can only get access to them from the top service hatch.

“And it’s hard to imagine Ferrari would have given any insight to strangers,” added Schmidt.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-furious-ferrari-denies-helmut-markos-hand-adjuster-claim/

One obvious question would be how Helmut Marko came to be in possession of such hidden Ferrari details. Hmm!
Ferrari used to be F1's grand cheats in Schumi times, with illegal fuels, components etc, so they know the ins and outs of these things. Helmut Marko just might have forcefully strode into shark infested waters (with the colour of the sharks being "red" and the jugular being in Red Bull colours).

Its gonna be an interesting summer break!

I liked this comment (from the same page I sourced the article above):

mclarrow:

No wonder Ferrari are furious, Marko said that they broken the ruleS for a year...Actually they were broken the ruleS for many years...So come on Marko give credit where credit is due...Back in the Schumi days, you could see Michael during the race (that no one else were doing), twisting something above his left knee, What was that?? Why didn't anybody question what is was?? Got it on tape in many races...I am sure Michael knows what it was and so Ross Brawn...It will come out one of these days mark my words...
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 3:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
Could the suspected ride height mechanisms explain why some teams seem to be imperious in the wet, while others drop off drammatically? Hmmm!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2012
WE'RE BACK.

Alonso's good fortune is still going strong with Webber's gear box penalty. Wonder if any of the challengers can close the gap substantially this weekend. Come on Webber, Vettel, Raikkonen and Hamilton. Lets see a tightly contested final few races.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2012
Vet did not make it to top 10 of the qualifying, interesting.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
Button looks determined
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2012
Things still looking perfectly aligned for Alonso
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
montelik: WE'RE BACK.

Alonso's good fortune is still going strong with Webber's gear box penalty. Wonder if any of the challengers can close the gap substantially this weekend. Come on Webber, Vettel, Raikkonen and Hamilton. Lets see a tightly contested final few races.

it doesnt look great at the moment as they all qualified MISERABLY (apart from Raikkonen), lol!! hopefully Maldonado will create some disaster and Ferrari/Lotus can cruise pass any of the top 5.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

it doesnt look great at the moment as they all qualified MISERABLY (apart from Raikkonen), lol!! hopefully [b]Maldonado will create some disaster [/b]and Ferrari/Lotus can cruise pass any of the top 5.

He is a bad news, who will be his victim tomorrow? Lets wait and see.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2012
justwise:
He is a bad news, who will be his victim tomorrow? Lets wait and see.

with Kobayashi and Maldonado at the front, the probability of some disaster is PRETTY HIGH, lol.....and since somne of the drivers at the back are going to try some crazy shiit in order to get on the podium tomorrow, we are set for another fantastic race.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

with Kobayashi and Maldonado at the front, the probability of some disaster is PRETTY HIGH, lol.....and since somne of the drivers at the back are going to try some crazy shiit in order to get on the podium tomorrow, we are set for another fantastic race.

It will be a safety car race tomorrow, those two individuals don't give a monkey whether you are a world champion or not, they will take the drive-through and spoil the race for you. grin grin
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2012
I for one wonder how that Maldonado guy got into F1 in all my years of watching F1 I've never seen a guy that puts other drivers at risk as much as this dude and I am tempted to wonder if he is naturally clumsy or is simply doing this on purpose

Not a good look for Vettel and Webber men! This Championship looks like its slowly slipping away. This RB8 just looks a step slower

Tomorrow's race for me is between Kimi and Jenson Button the winner should come from one of those two
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 02, 2012
^^^^ but the guy can drive small na, at least better than his teammate, and he brought a big sponsor to the Williams team (aka the Venezuelan government oil company) who supposedly paid $45Milla for his 2012 seat....... compared to his teammate's sponsors who only paid $18Milla, thats A LOT!!!!!

there are more and more "sponsored/paying" drivers out there now. F1 is all about money today, some great drivers may not be racing this year because they have no "sugar daddy company" to sponsor them, while some drivers like Maldonado,Pic will get to drive a F1 car. go figure!
it is said that only 4 teams in F1 today operates without sponsored drivers.

oh yeah we all had forgotten about Maldonado's grid penalty, so the guy will start 6th.......behind Alonso and Raikkonen, lol!!!!

as for Jenson, he is very fast but Baba Ijebu told me that this race is NOT his!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2012
This is what we talked about here yesterday
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Sep 02, 2012
What a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2012
GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDAM,that Maldonado is a disaster, jump the start and causes a hell of a collision. Alonso out even before the first corner!!!!!!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2012
MRbrownJAY: GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDAM,that [b]Maldonado [/b]is a disaster, jump the start and causes a hell of a collision. Alonso out even before the first corner!!!!!!

Are you surprised? He is not supposed to be a driver
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
^^^^ i mean, i am not really surprized because he is always mentionned whenever there is some stoopid driving like that, but in this fashion, this is just looking so bad!!!!! look at how he jumpstart the race? anyway it looks like Alonso may still be 40 points ahead of everyone after this race....let's see!

race is back on!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2012
Grosjean made a similar move in Monaco when he squeezed Schumacher into the wall and cause a carnage the same in Seipang, am idiot
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Sep 02, 2012
^^ That will depend on where Vettel and Webber finishes, his lead will be reduced
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2012
shiiiiiiit, the RBRs are coming back..........see how Vettel passed that no good Massa!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2012
Fanstatic..... the main here is that Alonso won win in Monza because Ferrari is not fast enough, Singapore could be where Alonso is more likely to win again
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 1:40pm On Sep 02, 2012
maldonado is a confirmed madman, but I don't he jumpstarted. for some reason it looks like he reacted much faster than everyone else. maybe kobayashi smoking brakes made him more aware at the start. grosjean is the real cause of the carnage at the start.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply)

Serena Williams Debuts Baby Bump At Met Gala (Photos) / 6 African Players That Had The Most Impact On World Football - by Naptu2 / Mourinho Frustrated At Clubs Inability To Land His Listed Players After 4-1 Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.