Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Middle Belt Limit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt Limit (1707 Views)

Poll: Which of these areas are not in the Middle Belt

There is no Middle Belt: 11% (2 votes)
Benue: 0% (0 votes)
Nasarawa: 0% (0 votes)
Plateau: 0% (0 votes)
Taraba: 0% (0 votes)
Adamawa: 5% (1 vote)
Niger: 5% (1 vote)
Southern Kaduna: 0% (0 votes)
Southern Kebbi: 0% (0 votes)
Southern Bauchi: 0% (0 votes)
Southern Gombe: 0% (0 votes)
Southern Borno: 35% (6 votes)
2 or more are not Middle Belt: 41% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Middle Belt Youths, Cleric Declare Support For Jonathan’s Re-election / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Middle Belt Limit by karfe(m): 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2012
Which of these areas is not in the Middle Belt?
Re: Middle Belt Limit by Ddaji(m): 3:34pm On Jan 30, 2012
what is the definition of middle belt?
Re: Middle Belt Limit by karfe(m): 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
Re: Middle Belt Limit by edoyad(m): 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2012
All of them are middlebelt save for some local govt.s in some of the states
Re: Middle Belt Limit by karfe(m): 4:11pm On Jan 30, 2012
edoyad:

All of them are middlebelt save for some local govt.s in some of the states

Like which ones?

I also forgot to include Kwara and Kogi in the list. Methinks the Yoruba portions belong more to the Odu'a region anyway
Re: Middle Belt Limit by Ddaji(m): 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
by your definition of middle belt Atiku,Ibb,Abdusalam,Abdullahi Adamu and rest of the criminals are in middle belt.I dey laf
Re: Middle Belt Limit by edoyad(m): 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2012
karfe:

Like which ones?

I also forgot to include Kwara and Kogi in the list. Methinks the Yoruba portions belong more to the Odu'a region anyway

Like we said on the other thread, certain tribes in the middlebelt , either by religion or by way of association, may feel they have a closer bond to other regions than with other MB tribes. For me, a referendum would best be used to determine who and what lies where.
Re: Middle Belt Limit by karfe(m): 4:54pm On Jan 30, 2012
Ddaji:

by your definition of middle belt Atiku,Ibb,Abdusalam,Abdullahi Adamu and rest of the criminals are in middle belt.I dey laf

Criminals full every LG for Nigeria! smiley

edoyad:

Like we said on the other thread, certain tribes in the middlebelt , either by religion or by way of association, may feel they have a closer bond to other regions than with other MB tribes. For me, a referendum would best be used to determine who and what lies where.

So let's have a mini-referendum here

I am not so sure Nigerians realise how crucial it is to solve this Middle Belt issue,
Re: Middle Belt Limit by edoyad(m): 5:02pm On Jan 30, 2012
karfe:

Criminals full every LG for Nigeria! smiley

So let's have a mini-referendum here

I am not so sure Nigerians realise how crucial it is to solve this Middle Belt issue,

The referendum has to be taken by the stakeholders themselves, the people of the Middlebelt. This is for the avoidance of future squabbles related to being forced into an unholy Matrimony like the present day Nigeria.
Re: Middle Belt Limit by karfe(m): 5:18pm On Jan 30, 2012
Is it possible to edit a poll and include more options?

@ Edoyad,

You are 100% correct
Re: Middle Belt Limit by edoyad(m): 5:40pm On Jan 30, 2012
I don't know if polls can be edited, you'll have to ask the Mods that question.
History has shown it is impossible to make people remain together. Not to mention in 2012 when you have the whole world at the touch of a button. If anything the developments in the Arab world should be an indication that the sleeping dogs are already waking up.
Re: Middle Belt Limit by edoyad(m): 6:03pm On Jan 30, 2012
@karfe, have you seen the thread about an igbo man trying to sell his house in bauchi but was getting ridiculous offers? I honestly think the middlebelt can benefit immensely from the exit of Igbos and other Nigerians from the core north.
Just imagine the in flow of capital into the area if we can market our territory as home to one and all. After all we already started with White Zimbabwean farmers in Kwara state. I honestly think we stand to gain a lot from our liberalism and hospitality. The problem would be how to stop the immigration of certain undesirable elements.
Re: Middle Belt Limit by emmke(m): 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2012
What a blessed region. But what happens to abuja? Not that am crazy to have it as part of the territory, but it's geographically impossible to remove it from the MB.
Re: Middle Belt Limit by edoyad(m): 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
emmke:

What a blessed region. But what happens to abuja? Not that am crazy to have it as part of the territory, but it's geographically impossible to remove it from the MB.

Referendum my friend, every entity should decide it's own fate.
Re: Middle Belt Limit by DanKan0: 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2012
Ddaji:

Then you hear people shouting 'core north'/Hausa/fulani. I dey laugh o these states are North when it suits sometimes middle belt when it suits othertimes.

I dey laugh o.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Limit by karfe(m): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2012
Moderators, kindly include Kwara and Kogi in the list of options if possible

emmke:

If Nigeria stays together, as I hope it will, FCT should remain a Federal Territory reflecting the agreement to stay together, but with autonomous regions. I believe Lagos, PHC and Kaduna should also share this special status. This might stop some skirmishes regarding ownership of these major towns. At least we all know which regions Enugu, Ibadan and Kano are part of

edoyad:

Just imagine the in flow of capital into the area if we can market our territory as home to one and all. After all we already started with White Zimbabwean farmers in Kwara state. I honestly think we stand to gain a lot from our liberalism and hospitality. The problem would be how to stop the immigration of certain undesirable elements.

I agree. The possibilities for the MB, as well as other regions, are countless to grow economically. However, our hospitality has been taken for granted historically and taken advantage of. Its time to do everything with moderation. No more selling of land at give away prices and allowing your children to pay the price later. Believe me, if properly managed, the MB will become the region of pride in the future Nigeria

I hope to discuss a thread soon about MB opportunities for TOURISM, AGRICULTURE and SOLID MINERALS
Re: Middle Belt Limit by DanKan0: 7:47pm On Jan 30, 2012
@ karfe

Where you from in middlebelt?
Re: Middle Belt Limit by edoyad(m): 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2012
karfe:

Moderators, kindly include Kwara and Kogi in the list of options if possible

If Nigeria stays together, as I hope it will, FCT should remain a Federal Territory reflecting the agreement to stay together, but with autonomous regions. I believe Lagos, PHC and Kaduna should also share this special status. This might stop some skirmishes regarding ownership of these major towns. At least we all know which regions Enugu, Ibadan and Kano are part of

I agree. The possibilities for the MB, as well as other regions, are countless to grow economically. However, our hospitality has been taken for granted historically and taken advantage of. Its time to do everything with moderation. No more selling of land at give away prices and allowing your children to pay the price later. Believe me, if properly managed, the MB will become the region of pride in the future Nigeria

I hope to discuss a thread soon about MB opportunities for TOURISM, AGRICULTURE and SOLID MINERALS

Honestly i don't know why natives have such a strong connection with ancestral lands. Wealth is the new "land". What's the point in leaving behind plots of land for my children in Southern Kaduna, if they still have to work their behinds off for someone just to eat?

I'd rather sell that land and do something else worthwhile with the money so they can go to any university they like on the planet. Simply put, the focus should be on wealth creation.
In the coming years, i hope to see industrial complexes and very fine fine tertiary institutions springing up in the area. Apart from Bingham University owned by E.C.W.A. I don't think there's any other private tertiary institution in the Zone. That is simply not good enough.
Also, from Kwara to Jos, Kd(sthn) to Benue, there appear to be decent brewries functioning there. I expect there should be expansion into other sectors. See what plants like Obajana can do to small communities. Bigwigs from the area must start to take investment in the zone seriously.
Re: Middle Belt Limit by dayokanu(m): 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2012
That meant Middle belt has rule Nigeria more than any other region.

I kept telling people this when they claim the core north was oppressing them

Gowon 9yrs, IBB 8yrs AbdulSalam 1 yr Total 18yrs Middle Belt 18yrs.

North east Balewa 6yrs

So who is opporessing who?

Op, I dont think it should be carved in the current state bloc rather by Local Govt
Re: Middle Belt Limit by DRANOEL(m): 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2012
@karfe

its either you purposely don't want to get it or you are plain mischievious!

the term middle belt refers to central nigeria  i.e benue,kogi,plateau,nassarawa!  but it seems to you MB refers to northern minority/christian regardless of where! ask yourself,is every southern minority a niger deltan? GET THIS THREAD OFF!
Re: Middle Belt Limit by edoyad(m): 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2012
DRANOEL:

@karfe

its either you purposely don't want to get it or you are plain mischievious!

the term middle belt refers to central nigeria  i.e benue,kogi,plateau,nassarawa!  but it seems to you MB refers to northern minority/christian regardless of where! ask yourself,is every southern minority a niger deltan? GET THIS THREAD OFF!

I disagree with what you just wrote. @Karfe has always tried to emphasize that religious affiliations don't play a major role in this identification process. Look at what dayokanu wrote for example, at first glance it would appear that the middle belt has indeed had a lions chunk of the presidency. But when you consider that some Nupes actually have closer ties with the hausa/fulani than they do with other MB tribes, it makes the matter a whole lot more complex.

Can we narrow it down to religion alone? Honestly i can't say. But we have to admit that religion does play a role in the relationship between the people of the MB, just like it does in many other parts of the world.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Limit by edoyad(m): 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2012
dayokanu:

That meant Middle belt has rule Nigeria more than any other region.

I kept telling people this when they claim the core north was oppressing them

Gowon 9yrs, IBB 8yrs AbdulSalam 1 yr Total 18yrs Middle Belt 18yrs.

North east Balewa 6yrs

So who is opporessing who?

Op, I dont think it should be carved in the current state bloc rather by Local Govt

The matters being discussed here are too complex for your IQ range, try the hip hop thread.
Re: Middle Belt Limit by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
it is amazing seeing people discuss the future of their regions rather than waiting for handouts from fg, i say edoyad and karfe, keep it up.
Re: Middle Belt Limit by karfe(m): 10:07pm On Jan 30, 2012
DanKan0:

@ karfe

Where you from in middlebelt?

This has already been discussed extensively
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-674760.0.html
Re: Middle Belt Limit by karfe(m): 10:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
Edoyad,

Land is VERY important. If sold to the 'wrong' person, you are likely to end up in slavery in the future. Lets's not even discuss the current settler-indigene dichotomy in our area.

Emphasis in the future, of course, will be on EDUCATION, EDUCATION and EDUCATION, but not forgetting to cover our backs concerning such 'mundane' issues like land

Personally, if each autonomous region will concentrate on using seed money from land-based and intangible resources on 5 economic aspects, we are likely to achieve above 10% annual economic growth for many, many years. These five aspects are EDUCATION, HEALTH CARE, WATER SUPPLY, ROADS and POWER. The government does not have to provide every want but these five will provide the foundation for growth, especially EDUCATION, including provision of small skills like WELDING, CARPENTRY, etc
Re: Middle Belt Limit by karfe(m): 6:25pm On Mar 04, 2012
karfe:

Which of these areas is not in the Middle Belt?
Re: Middle Belt Limit by Matlab: 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
when you show me core south, i go show you muddled belt....mmtscheeew
karfe:

Like which ones?

(1) (Reply)

Technological Feat: Nigeria Launches Our Very First Locally Made Oil Platforms / Breaking News: Jtf Arrest Top Boko Haram Member In A Senator’s House / Relationship With China Has A Whiff Of Colonialism - Lamido Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.