Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,334 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? (1383 Views)

Primate Elijah Ayodele's 2016 Prophecies: Corruption Will Fight Buhari / False Prophet: Uebert Angel / Jesus Prophesied and Warned: Paul is False Prophet/Messiah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by newmi(m): 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2012
Elijah and the Widow at Zarephath
1 Kings 17:7-16
7 Some time later the brook dried up because there had been no rain in the land. 8 Then the word of the LORD came to him: 9 “Go at once to Zarephath in the region of Sidon and stay there. I have directed a widow there to supply you with food.” 10 So he went to Zarephath. When he came to the town gate, a widow was there gathering sticks. He called to her and asked, “Would you bring me a little water in a jar so I may have a drink?” 11 As she was going to get it, he called, “And bring me, please, a piece of bread.”
12 “As surely as the LORD your God lives,” she replied, “I don’t have any bread—only a handful of flour in a jar and a little olive oil in a jug. I am gathering a few sticks to take home and make a meal for myself and my son, that we may eat it—and die.”

13 Elijah said to her, “Don’t be afraid. Go home and do as you have said. But first make a small loaf of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me, and then make something for yourself and your son. 14 For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the LORD sends rain on the land.’”

15 She went away and did as Elijah had told her. So there was food every day for Elijah and for the woman and her family. 16 For the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in keeping with the word of the LORD spoken by Elijah.

Ins't is amazing that if the setting of this passage had been an event for today there will people who would openly critisize and condemn the prophet Elijah relentlessly and with no form of restrain, tongue lash him and brandish him with many names like they foolishly do todays ranging from calling him a false prophet, a servant of satan, materialistic man of God, anti-Christ, satanist, deceiver etc.
Today we read Elijah's tale and we glorify God for the spiritual sense in the passage and the miracle that followed hereafter but isn't it sad and silly that there are many people who are speaking publicly against Men of God and who have made a carrier out of critisizing Pastors and most of whom "CLAIM TO BE CHRISTIANS" infact some of them even "claim" to be "CALLED OF GOD" TO EXPOSE PASTORS.
THIS IS A MESSAGE TO THOSE WHO THINK IT IS IN THEIR PLACE TO "EXPOSE" PASTORS (as they claim) BY SPEAKING EVIL AND SCANDALOUSLY CRITISIZING MEN OF GOD THAT SUCH SHOULD REPENT.
GOD IS BIG, WISE AND SMART ENOUGH TO HELP HIMSELF SO HE DOESN'T BY ANY DEGREE REQUIRE ANY AID OR SUPPORT FROM MAN TO DEAL WITH ISSUES LIKE THIS AND JUST A NOTE OF KNOWLEDGE, THERE IS NO MINISTRY GIFT OR CALLING AS BEING CALLED TO "EXPOSE" ANYBODY WHETHER THE PERSON IS TRUE OR FALSE-SERCH THE SCRIPTURES. THANK YOU
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
newmi:

7 Some time later the brook dried up because there had been no rain in the land. 8 Then the word of the LORD came to him: 9 “Go at once to Zarephath in the region of Sidon and stay there. I have directed a widow there to supply you with food.” 10 So he went to Zarephath. When he came to the town gate, a widow was there gathering sticks. He called to her and asked, “Would you bring me a little water in a jar so I may have a drink?” 11 As she was going to get it, he called, “And bring me, please, a piece of bread.”
12 “As surely as the LORD your God lives,” she replied, “I don’t have any bread—only a handful of flour in a jar and a little olive oil in a jug. I am gathering a few sticks to take home and make a meal for myself and my son, that we may eat it—and die.”

13 Elijah said to her, “Don’t be afraid. Go home and do as you have said. But first make a small loaf of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me, and then make something for yourself and your son. 14 For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the LORD sends rain on the land.’”

15 She went away and did as Elijah had told her. So there was food every day for Elijah and for the woman and her family. 16 For the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in keeping with the word of the LORD spoken by Elijah.

Ins't is amazing that if the setting of this passage had been an event for today there will people who would openly critisize and condemn the prophet Elijah relentlessly and with and form of restrain tongue lash him and brandish him with many names like they foolishly do todays ranging from calling him a false prophet, a servant of satan, materialistic man of God, anti-Christ, satanist, deceiver etc.
Today we read Elijah's tale and we glorify God for the spiritual sense in the passage and the miracle that followed hereafter but isn't it sad and silly that there are many people who are speaking publicly against Men of God and who have made a carrier out of critisizing Pastors and most of whom "CLAIM TO BE CHRISTIANS" infact some of them even "claim" to be "CALLED OF GOD" TO EXPOSE PASTORS.
THIS IS A MESSAGE TO THOSE WHO THINK IT IS IN THEIR PLACE TO "EXPOSE" PASTORS (as they claim) BY SPEAKING EVIL AND SCANDALOUSLY CRITISIZING MEN OF GOD THAT SUCH SHOULD REPENT.
GOD IS BIG, WISE AND SMART ENOUGH TO HELP HIMSELF SO HE DOESN'T BY ANY DEGREE REQUIRE ANY AID OR SUPPORT FROM MAN TO DEAL WITH ISSUES LIKE THIS AND JUST A NOTE OF KNOWLEDGE, THERE IS NO MINISTRY GIFT OR CALLING AS BEING CALLED TO "EXPOSE" ANYBODY WHETHER THE PERSON IS TRUE OR FALSE-SERCH THE SCRIPTURES. THANK YOU

What !!!!

Sorry , but how does this passage support the false prosperity gospel undecided
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by dare2think: 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2012
Mr Newmi,

Please could you tell everyone the similarities between Elijah and the present day self acclaimed Men of God

Thank you.
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by PastorKun(m): 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2012
^^^
Abi oh, this elijah story of mere subsistence sustainance is one of the favourite passages these charlatans love quoting out of context to reap people off. The morons also always conviniently forget to mention that God instructed the woman to assist Elijah. Abeg tell us ooo! What is the similarity in this story and mordern day charlatans preaching prosperity gospel.
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 30, 2012
I'm not sure the woman of Zarephath would have given her last meal to Elijah if he came riding on a golden chariot with garments of silk and 40 praise-singers in tow.
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 30, 2012
davidylan:

I'm not sure the woman of Zarephath would have given her last meal to Elijah if he came[b] riding on a golden chariot with garments of silk and 40 praise-singers in tow.[/b]

grin grin
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by Goshen360(m): 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2012
The is one of the problems in the church today. People quoting scriptures for something they dont have revelation on. I weep in my heart. Let me break it down and let's all see the revelation of this verses to see how MOG and the poster misquote scriptures out of context.

newmi:

[color=#006600]1 Kings 17:7-16
7 Some time later the brook dried up because there had been no rain in the land.
8 Then the word of the LORD came to him:
9 “Go at once to Zarephath in the region of Sidon and stay there. I have directed a widow there to supply you with food.” 10 So he went to Zarephath. When he came to the town gate, a widow was there gathering sticks. He called to her and asked, “Would you bring me a little water in a jar so I may have a drink?” 11 As she was going to get it, he called, “And bring me, please, a piece of bread.”

First we see famine. Then we see clearly that it was GOD himself that directed the widow not Elijah by himself. The widow was responding to obedience of what God directed her to do, not what Elijah came to tell her as contrary to what today's men do. Elijah also responded to God in obedience. SO we see God feeding Elijah but speaking directly to the widow (She must have known God and His voice to hear such direction from God). Therefore, if we must follow this scriptures as mis-quoted and misinterpreted by the poster, God is not dead. Same God will speak to his children (widow, as seen in these verses) that He is directing to give to any MOG (Elijah), not MOG begging for bread.

Isn't it wickedness for a man of God today to go by himself to a widow that is dying to give her last meal. I tell you the truth, this widow would not have given that food should God had not spoken to her as we can see she still find it difficult to easily do it. So my brother, get revelation. Everything in old testament is a type and shadows of real things to come and we also learn faith in most of old testament account. God bless you.
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by Hutchie(m): 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
I have often found it interesting how ministers can so easily deceive the flock using such scriptures as 1 Kings 17 during offering time. They encourage you to sow up to your last "seed" and then tell you to "speak to your seed" or "confess" over it and send you home saying the Lord will bless you. Yet this is not what Elijah did. God worked a miracle through Elijah there and then to ensure that neither the woman, her son or Elijah lacked within that period of time. How do modern day ministers or prophets compare to what the prophet Elijah did? Yet church people are so gullible to swallow everything their ministers push down their throats without applying any rational thought. It is the responsibility of pastors to feed the flock but instead many of them today feed of the flock such that they get so fat that they need private jets to carry them around.

The church needs to exercise discernment to identify true ministers from false ministers. And once we have identified the false ones we are to avoid them (Rom 16:17).
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by newmi(m): 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
davidylan:

I'm not sure the woman of Zarephath would have given her last meal to Elijah if he came riding on a golden chariot with garments of silk and 40 praise-singers in tow.
hummmmmmmmm
that would have been an interesting sight to behold grin grin grin
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by Goshen360(m): 5:40pm On Jan 30, 2012
Hutchie:

I have often found it interesting how ministers can so easily deceive the flock using such scriptures as 1 Kings 17 during offering time. They encourage you to sow up to your last "seed" and then tell you to "speak to your seed" or "confess" over it and send you home saying the Lord will bless you. Yet this is not what Elijah did. God worked a miracle through Elijah there and then to ensure that neither the woman, her son or Elijah lacked within that period of time. How do modern day ministers or prophets compare to what the prophet Elijah did? Yet church people are so gullible to swallow everything their ministers push down their throats without applying any rational thought. It is the responsibility of pastors to feed the flock but instead many of them today feed of the flock such that they get so fat that they need private jets to carry them around.

The church needs to exercise discernment to identify true ministers from false ministers. And once we have identified the false ones we are to avoid them (Rom 16:17).

Thank you. I am seriously looking into these gimmicks used by pastors today to rob God's people from the word light of the word of God. One of it is tithe and I write comprehensively on it. Another thing is "SEED". In my studies, I never see where SEED is being referred to as money. There is a Tv pastor in the USA here, they dont have nothing to preach on tv than collecting seed offering and funny thing is, they come on tv when they know people get their pay cheque, mostly on fridays and saturdays. I keep wondering what kind of gospel is this? Children of God are to give freely and depending on their capacity. These gospel of money is getting out of hand.

When Jesus was born, the first people to come and worship are the wise men, in their wisdom. Today, when people go to worship, they put their wisdom under their shoes and after church service, they put on their thinking cap again. Pls dont misunderstand me, I am a giver but more importantly, I know when wolves come in sheep's clothing.
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
newmi:

Ins't is amazing that if the setting of this passage had been an event for today there will people who would openly critisize and condemn the prophet Elijah relentlessly and with no form of restrain, tongue lash him and brandish him with many names like they foolishly do todays ranging from calling him a false prophet, a servant of satan, materialistic man of God, anti-Christ, satanist, deceiver etc.

ok lets even agree that this is a valid excuse for pastors of today to fleece the flock. Why do they tell us to "have faith", "hold unto his promise", "speak to our seed", "exercise patience" . . . while we have to empty our pockets for them? Why cant God directly finance His calling on their lives without using us?
Secondly, the blessing of God through Elijah came to that woman almost immediately . . . why will God allow someone to give her last mite while telling her to go hungry for months so the pastor can "eat"?
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by newmi(m): 9:51pm On Jan 30, 2012
davidylan:

ok lets even agree that this is a valid excuse for pastors of today to fleece the flock. Why do they tell us to "have faith", "hold unto his promise", "speak to our seed", "exercise patience" . . . while we have to empty our pockets for them? Why cant God directly finance His calling on their lives without using us?
Any Pastor who does no give is not qualified and has no right to speak on the subject or make or tell others to give. The pastor is first a Christian and a member of the church before he is a pastor so he should and infact is expected to participate in the living out the life style that he claims the bible teaches.

davidylan:

Secondly, the blessing of God through Elijah came to that woman almost immediately . . . why will God allow someone to give her last mite while telling her to go hungry for months so the pastor can "eat"?
Praise God the reward or blessing for that widow came almost immediately because we are told that the cruise of oil didn't run out and the floor did't finish throughout the duration of the famine well thats was for that widow the bible says one plants another waters but it God who gives the increase not a man. The same bible says

Ecclesiates 11:1-3
Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again. Give portions to seven, yes to eight, for you do not know what disaster may come upon the land. (NLT)When clouds are heavy, the rains come down. Whether a tree falls north or south, it stays where it falls.

Matthew 10:42
And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

Galatians 6;9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Hebrews 6:10
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by dekung(m): 7:02pm On Jan 31, 2012
@OP,
I am impressed by your knowledge of scriptures but I can't say the same in terms of understanding. You know so much that you get confused about what to quote in any instance. All stories in the bible that tow the line of giving came with instance reward, in fact sometimes the reward came before the act of giving as in the case of Abraham and Melchizedech. The other ones you quoted above enjoins christians to show kindness to fellow christians and non-christians alike which is less than I can say for today's christian. MOGs (Men of Greed) have for so long hidden behind these biblical injunctions to fleece their congregation so much so that christians don't have enough to do altruistic works anymore. We give offering, tithe, fist fruit, building fund, musical instrument fund, convention fund, outreach fund, crusade fund………… and the list is endless. After giving all these what do you have left to give to that poor boy who has not eaten for two days? You claimed God can deal with these people himself……hmmmmm, while I do not doisprove this, I think it is expedient we call them to order when they are going astray and also expose ones that are outright fakes so that people do not continue to be fleeced on all sides because they want miracles or because they want to please God. I speak against wicked practices by MOGs and I can boldly say that I am yet to be slapped by any God. These pastors and their brainwashed supporters quote Touch not my annointed and do my prophets no harm. So long as you are doing the acts of an annointed you will not be touched, but once you deviate you will be touched. If God really punishes those who speak against MOGs with leprosy like in the case of Miriam, many Nairalanders including myself would have been highly celebrated lepers long before now however am still walking arround healthy like everyone else and I will tell you why. Truly God still probably punishes those touch His annointed and harm his prophets, am still here because I have never touched an annointed or harmed a prophet
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by Goshen360(m): 7:10pm On Jan 31, 2012
@ dekung,

People had being so deceived that men of God cannot make mistake and at such when some people see these mistakes or errors or heresies by these men of God and speak against it, other will call them names forgetting that, to see evil and keep quiet is evil itself. Let us be followers of Christ and not of men.
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by dekung(m): 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2012
This can only mean that I have never attacked a true annointed prophet of God. All the ones we attack here on NL are impostors and challatans whose major preoccupation is to fleece their congregation of their wealth. Come to think of it, would a true annointed prophet of God brutalise a young defenceless girl in public under the guise of exorcism? Would a true annointed prophet of God fly arround in 4 private jets when more than 70% of his country's population (many of them his church members) live on less than $2 a day? Would a true annointed prophet of God make his congregation pay money in order to be allowed to enter the auditorium? Would a true annointed prophet of God collect stollen money from a member of his congregation and still refuse to refund the money after being told the source of the money?…… Finaly one wise man once said 'the show off of wealth amidst strangulating poverty is nothing but inhuman cruety', would a true annointed prophet of God be displaying such levels of inhuman cruelty?
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by dare2think: 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2012
dekung:

Finaly one wise man once said[b] 'the show off of wealth amidst strangulating poverty is nothing but inhuman cruety',[/b]

A quote I strongly believe in.

Ordinary Men parading themselves as God's men and someone is attempting to compare Elijah in the bible to these charlatans.

Hilarious.
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 31, 2012
Can your lefulefu pastor call down fire from heaven to lick a full bucket of water? If my eyes could see elijah do that with verification its not tricks, then i'll call him a what you want me to call him.
Re: If Elijah Was Alive Today Won't They Call Him A False Prophet? by gaddafe(m): 9:33pm On Jan 31, 2012
All those who replied the poster have wasted their time typin. I've met people like this. Even if you spend the whole day preaching and he sees u re making sense, to him you have only won the argument not his heart. So why not leave them and let them keep living in deceit.
When God decides to touch their hearts, they will realise how foolish they had been

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Shut Down One Of Nigeria Biggest Churches And Shuts Down Mosques / Living Faith Church Burnt Down By Muslim Youths In Ilorin / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse/verses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.