Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Fencing A House, Do You Suggest Total Fencing Or Partial Fencing (pics Attached) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fencing A House, Do You Suggest Total Fencing Or Partial Fencing (pics Attached) (2029 Views)

How Do I Calculate The Cost Of Fencing A Plot Of Land In Agbara Lagos . / How Much House Do You Need / Your First House - Do You Build Or Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fencing A House, Do You Suggest Total Fencing Or Partial Fencing (pics Attached) by abbyode(m): 11:06pm On Jan 30, 2012
Hello Guys,

My architect just sent me my house fence details. Meanwhile, There are mixed feelings as regards whether the fence should be fully closed or partially closed. I am actually of the opinion that fence should not be fully closed with blocks. I like fence that has the upper section laid with some iron works.
However, some people are of the opinion that the house will be too open to outsiders to see through the inside of the house.
Kindly find attached the fence 3D design and give your opinion about it.

Please indicate whether the fence should be completely closed or partial wt iron works (As indicated in the drawing) and indicate your reasons for your option.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Fencing A House, Do You Suggest Total Fencing Or Partial Fencing (pics Attached) by princeonx: 1:58am On Jan 31, 2012
Am not a big fan of all wall prison height fence but this days it doesn't look like we have option/choices. I still remember those good old days where most fences are halfway wall then the other halfup iron allowing fresh air in and good view but this days it's like exposing yourself. I have all wall fence in my house right now for added security (only God protect) but if am to do something that's my choice or if my house is in an all fenced round estate, I won't do the all wall fence. The picture you have up there is pretty but you know your area better than us. If you're fencing for security and privacy then you should do an all wall fence with some nice open design at the top. You can also check out the fence and gate thread for more option and design.
Re: Fencing A House, Do You Suggest Total Fencing Or Partial Fencing (pics Attached) by princeonx: 2:00am On Jan 31, 2012
Where is this house by the way? I mean the house you intend to fence.
Re: Fencing A House, Do You Suggest Total Fencing Or Partial Fencing (pics Attached) by abbyode(m): 11:28pm On Jan 31, 2012
Thank u Prince for your input.
The house is in Ikorodu.
Re: Fencing A House, Do You Suggest Total Fencing Or Partial Fencing (pics Attached) by princeonx: 12:44am On Feb 01, 2012
^^
cool! Well, u know how naija is, you don't want something that will draw attention to you. I will say go with the flow. You can do something close or similar to the fences in your neighborhood then add some design with opening but not anything too open.
Re: Fencing A House, Do You Suggest Total Fencing Or Partial Fencing (pics Attached) by spyder880(m): 5:49am On Feb 01, 2012
Prince has said it all, @ abbyode, you can get more ideas from the 'fence and gates in pictures and prices' thread. Please look for it in the bulk property ads section (only God knows why the mods decided to quarantine that thread?)

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Building Materials Now Pay Later / Plot Of Land For Sale In Oribanwa ,ajah-lekki Lagos / Builders In The House ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.