Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || (5325 Views)

MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria / Removing Android Malware / !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || by NumberOne2(m): 9:54am On Feb 01, 2012
Malware is not new in the IT world. Apple has theirs also. I think the problem is with the end user.
ALWAYS CHECK THE APP PERMISSION BEFORE DOWNLOADING.
Why will a simple game ask for SMS permission or GPS? When an app asks for more permission than necessary, thats a sign of malicious intent.
Also check the reviews of others who downloaded the app before you. What are their ratings?
Re: Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || by coogar: 2:10pm On Feb 01, 2012
Abrantie:

I still rock Windows Mobile, and frankly it makes IOS, Android and even Windows Phone 7 feel like toys. WinMo is a real OS. It's like having a pc in the palm of your hands. That why it's called PowerPC or PPC for short. Can your Iphone or Android connect to your digital camera and download pictures straight from it? All I did was install usb drivers just like you'd on a regular pc and gbam! Sure the interface is not as polished and geewhiz to fool users into forgetting what they're missing but Winmo is more advanced. Oh, and you're not constantly required to be chained to the internet mothership, sometimes called the cloud, with your personal information always being stored on god-knows-where.

why do i need a digital camera when i have an apple phone that comes equipped with 8 megapixels.
it even allows me to do red-eye effect on pictures with blazing eye-balls.
the interface you talked about is not needed. my iphone is a digital camera on it's own. . . .
Re: Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2012
coogar:

shut up, you poverty-stricken heifer!
if you cannot afford an apple device, don't ruin it for others who can. . . .
why would apple put a malware in their own devices knowing they are easy targets for customers to sue?
does that make sense to you?

DUNCE. as usual your uncouth nature is displayed in the most irritating and amusingly idiotic manner.

as i am sure things of a tech nature are well beyond your IQ level, let me break it down for you. the "malware" referred to in this post is a money making scam designed at mining info and loading ads for which the makers get paid. plus they also tailor the mined info and sell unobtrusively through indirect means to advertisers.

i will have you know that even google has been found to do a variant of this! and something similar was the "carrier iq" debacle that was on most if not all smart phones as at last year.

if not for the eagle eyed devs on android platforms who sniff out some of this things they will go undetected for years.

whats to say that apple dont have a variant of this type of arrangee running quietly on Iphones and other I-products? how would you even know if it was?

sensational headlines and daft fanboys are the bane of the tech world today, yes we know. but do try to feign some measure of intelligence, its never a bad idea to keep shut. opening your buccal cavity never fails to expose your infantile nature.
Re: Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || by coogar: 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2012
4llerbuntu:

DUNCE. as usual your uncouth nature is displayed in the most irritating and amusingly idiotic manner.

in my village, tools like you are permanently designated to peel potatoes because your intelligence threshold is disgustingly low.

as i am sure things of a tech nature are well beyond your IQ level, let me break it down for you. the "malware" referred to in this post is a money making scam designed at mining info and loading ads for which the makers get paid. plus they also tailor the mined info and sell unobtrusively through indirect means to advertisers.

i am the origin of science n math. without me on the planet, there wouldn't have been technology.
such spywares are not present on apple, if they were - i would be the first to know. so don't tell me stories about what you don't know about spywares, keyloggers and bots. it's a spectrum way above your station.

i will have you know that even google has been found to do a variant of this!   and something similar was the "carrier iq" debacle  that was on most if not all smart phones as at last year.

google is not apple, in case you have not received the memo.

if not for the eagle eyed devs on android platforms who sniff out some of this things they will go undetected for years.
whats to say that apple dont have a variant of this type of arrangee running quietly on Iphones and other I-products?   how would you even know if it was?

they don't.
there are hundreds of parallel hacktivists online who have been trying to bring down the apple empire. . . . .they work tirelessly everyday to find faults or drop worms in the computer systems of apple.

sensational headlines and daft fanboys are the bane of the tech world today, yes we know. but do try to feign some measure of intelligence, its never a bad idea to keep shut. opening your buccal cavity never fails to expose your infantile nature.

and the horse neighs to remind me of his acute stupidity,
your intelligence in amps would not power a torch. grin cheesy one really needs an electron microscope to see your brain.
Re: Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || by Lawalmd(m): 4:48pm On Feb 01, 2012
@coogar oooooouch!!!!! That hurts undecided
Re: Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || by kingsilly(m): 6:39pm On Feb 01, 2012
Coogar u are the MALWARE on nairaland
Re: Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || by NumberOne2(m): 1:22am On Feb 02, 2012
I admire the Apple fans. However, how many of you have heard the Charlie Miller vs Apple story. Just last year Mr. Miller proved to Apple that some apps it approved may have malicious intent and guess what Apple did? They banned him. Google it.
Re: Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:30am On Feb 02, 2012
U dey mind the moomoo, charlie miller regularly disgraces apple yearly with his discoveries and hacks yet this one wants us to believe apple is the holy grail.

Be a fanboy all u want, its allowed, just cease and desist from exhibiting ur foolishness. Anyway i can see your disciples are already applauding, somehow retard manage to locate themselves and form alliances regularly on nl.
Re: Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || by jmaine: 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2012
4llerbuntu:

U dey mind the moomoo, charlie miller regularly disgraces apple yearly with his discoveries and hacks yet this one wants us to believe apple is the holy grail.

Be a fanboy all u want, its allowed, just cease and desist from exhibiting ur foolishness. Anyway i can see your disciples are already applauding, somehow slowpoke manage to locate themselves and form alliances regularly on nl.

Re: Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || by coogar: 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2012
Number_One:

I admire the Apple fans. However, how many of you have heard the Charlie Miller vs Apple story. Just last year Mr. Miller proved to Apple that some apps it approved [b]may have [/b]malicious intent and guess what Apple did? They banned him. Google it.

i can equally go to court and say mr number_one may be a murderer. . . .no proof, no evidence, no witness. . . and i would expect everyone to buy it line hook and sinker. i have been using apple products since 2004. i have never been attacked by any worm, malware, etc.
apple did the right thing banning a wolf-crier.

4llerbuntu:

Be a fanboy all u want, its allowed, just cease and desist from exhibiting ur foolishness. Anyway i can see your disciples are already applauding, somehow slowpoke manage to locate themselves and form alliances regularly on nl.

apple is the holy grail. . . .that you are spiritually poverty-stricken should not make you bitter. . . .
pound for pound, apple thrash the other products. . . . .if you have any evidence that i am overstating apple's case - bring them here and let's see how clued up you are in the world of gadgets - you homoerotic neophyte!
Re: Massive Android Malware May Have Infected 5 Million Users || by kingsilly(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2012
coogar:

i can equally go to court and say mr number_one may be a murderer. . . .no proof, no evidence, no witness. . . and i would expect everyone to buy it line hook and sinker. i have been using apple products since 2004. i have never been attacked by any worm, malware, etc.
apple did the right thing banning a wolf-crier.

apple is the holy grail. . . .that you are spiritually poverty-stricken should not make you bitter. . . .
pound for pound, apple thrash the other products. . . . .if you have any evidence that i am overstating apple's case - bring them here and let's see how clued up you are in the world of gadgets - you homoerotic neophyte!
NA SO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hello Please Should I Buy This Phone My Budget Is 495,000 Naira / Sonyericsson XPERIA X1 / Phone Number Search Exposes All My Activities On My Naira Land Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.