Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,426 members, 7,853,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:08 AM

50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! (12841 Views)

Questions Christians Should Find Answers To / 10 Questions Christians Are Too Embarrassed To Ask About Ramadan / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2012
Trolls pattng each other on the back while holding onto their 'nothingness' delusions  grin grin
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by freshera: 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2012
Total waste of time. If some xtians cannot answer these questions why not ask God Himself?

Take the time, effort and pain to wait and pray and ask Him.

You think big ban.g created the world, stay there. How did big ban.g think of creating male and female?

you are a being does that not mean that being a being must have been a Being's idea?

this world is ruled by forces of darkness, nigerians can tell you more, so the evil in the world is from satan.

no problem, use your free will but be ready to be translated into eternal nothingness at the second death. you are free.
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by mazaje(m): 5:12pm On Feb 04, 2012
frosbel:

Trolls pattng each other on the back while holding onto their 'nothingness' delusions  grin grin

I throw the same challenge to you, perform a miracle in your God's name so that we know he is NOT imaginary. . . .

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it. John 14 :12-14

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.  Matthew 21:21

Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Here it is from your book of lies and mythology. . .Its says whatever you ask in your God's name and you believe it will happen. .  .The bible is VERY clear as to how prayers are supposed to work, belief is ALL you need. . .If you believe in Jesus then you should be able to perform all the wonders he did and PROMISED those of you that believe in his stories. . .  .

I have a friend that is an amputee PLS pray to your Jesus to restore his amputated limbs as PROMISED or REMAIN a LIAR and a DELUDED fellow just like the deluded fellow that wrote those passages in the bible, no time to waste talking about what created the universe etc, lets take the bible by its promises and how its supposed to work. . . . .I have thrown the challenge show us that the bible is not the writings of deluded men and also show us that your   that your God is not imaginary. . . .
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by mazaje(m): 5:14pm On Feb 04, 2012
freshera:

Total waste of time. If some xtians cannot answer these questions why not ask God Himself?

Take the time, effort and pain to wait and pray and ask Him.

You think big ban.g created the world, stay there. How did big ban.g think of creating male and female?

you are a being does that not mean that being a being must have been a Being's idea?

this world is ruled by forces of darkness, nigerians can tell you more, so the evil in the world is from satan.

no problem, use your free will but be ready to be translated into eternal nothingness at the second death. you are free.

So when was the last time you prayed and God answered you? What language did he speak and how did his voice sound like?
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 04, 2012
mazaje:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. . . . .Martin you are the man!!!. . . . .I wonder why he keeps quoting from a book of mythology whose origin he has NO clue about as the word of the force responsible for the universe. . . .Pathetic. . . .

For every ridiculous quote they can come up with from their story books, one can find something equally as "profounding" in pop culture and other metaphysical beliefs. They don't seem to get that.
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 04, 2012
frosbel:

lol, you want attention.
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 04, 2012
^^

Attention from you of all people , how hilarious, don't flatter yourself !!  cheesy

In fact , the less I hear from atheists on this forum, the better for the health of all and sundry.
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by mazaje(m): 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2012
^^

Will you take up the challenge or will you keep deluding yourself?. . .
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 04, 2012
frosbel:

Attention from you of all people , how hilarious, don't flatter yourself !!  cheesy
In fact , the less I hear from atheists on this forum, the better for the health of all and sundry.

Tell god to silence the atheists then. All he has to do is use you, our dear Frosbel, to part the river thames. Since you're in the U.K, that shouldn't be a problem. You don't have to worry about publicizing your efforts before hand because these days, camera phones will capture your actions and it will be on Youtube. Then we can all bow to your god.  If Moses parted the red sea grin, surely Mr. Frosbel should be able to part a river.
But maybe you're not a STRONG CHRISTIAN with the power of the holy ghost. Maybe you're not a TRUE CHRISTIAN and your heavenly father won't perform a miracle for you like he promised.
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by mazaje(m): 5:11am On Feb 05, 2012
where is Frosbel?
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by UyiIredia(m): 10:28am On Feb 05, 2012
I'll attempt to answer the 1st six questions.

1) I think you and possibly other Christians naively think omni-potency to include logical impossibilities. Not quite, omni-potency of God is inferred from the vastness of Nature and all that is in it and omni-potency precludes logical impossibilities (e.g healing a blind man with good eyesight, making a square circle or walking on water without a base support). Omni-potency is better understood as the creative power of God as seen in Nature and in God's capacity to affect Nature within the limits of that with is logically possible. Do not confuse logically with physically impossible.

2) I really don't know. I'll concede this is a conundrum and one of the best arguments proffered by atheists. Even my mum (a dedicated Christian) had a problem with this. If indeed the miracle-working power of Jesus is real and viable miracles such as healing of amputees and raisng of the dead should at least be fairly common.

3) An idyllic utopia where everything is perfect is logically impossible in the absence of imperfection. If only perfection exists how would we be able to make the comparison of perfection ? I ask because we can say something is perfect because there is something imperfect to compare it against. Besides, perfection/imperfection are only notable where there is intelligence.

4) Please cite the passage you are talking about. To the best of my knowledge no old lady needed a walker after receiving healing.

5) He didn't need to and you are presenting a false stereotype of YEC's position (i.e that God made all the species as they are presently). YEC's also believe in common descent in a manner radically different from evolutionists. A creationist once argued that Noah would have had to preserve about 8000 species (note that he wouldn't need to preserve aquatic lifeforms).

6) I can't answer this yet. However a book by John Woodmorappe, Noah's Ark: A Feasibility Study addresses this and other issues concerning Noah's ark. Mr John was the creationist I referred to in the preceding answer. Unfortunately, I can't get the book due to financial constraints.
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by Sweetnecta: 1:15pm On Feb 05, 2012
@Uyi iredia: « #74 on: Today at 10:28:12 AM »
[Quote]I'll attempt to answer the 1st six questions.

1) I think you and possibly other Christians naively think omni-potency to include logical impossibilities. Not quite, omni-potency of God is inferred from the vastness of Nature and all that is in it and omni-potency precludes logical impossibilities (e.g healing a blind man with good eyesight, making a square circle or walking on water without a base support). Omni-potency is better understood as the creative power of God as seen in Nature and in God's capacity to affect Nature within the limits of that with is logically possible. Do not confuse logically with physically impossible.[/Quote]Based on the bold, etc all above really, how does can God create a God or can God create something that He is not in charge of or can God kill Himself, allow others to kill Him or die?

You know that I am a muslim, right?
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by UyiIredia(m): 2:17pm On Feb 05, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Uyi iredia: « #74 on: Today at 10:28:12 AM »Based on the bold, etc all above really, how does can God create a God or can God create something that He is not in charge of or can God kill Himself, allow others to kill Him or die?

You know that I am a muslim, right?

All that is asked above is resolved in the ancient concept of an avatar (i.e the descent of a deity to the earth in an incarnate form or some manifest shape; the incarnation of a god).

* Jesus can equally be understood as the avatar of the Christian God. In other words, He is the physical manifestation of a transcendent being.

* God creating something He is not in charge of is not logically or even physically impossible. Men do this as well: We create softwares which run on their own, we create electricity but do not direct the flow of each electron in an electric current, we make fans which turn about without our help usually deriving power from wind or electricity.

* The avatar is also prone to natural laws and can suspend them when it deems. This is why Jesus could walk on water and OTOH be killed due to physical injuries.
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by tpia5: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2012
musKeeto: Tbaba, wonderful, just got new insight into Islam.

You are a compound f.ool
Re: 50 Questions Christians Cannot Answer! by drnev64: 9:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
If God is just and fair then why if I just say I don't believe in him do I suffer the same punishment as Hitler.Thats the same as saying even the smallest of sinners is just as bad as a paedophile or mass murderer and that makes no sense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Calls For 1000 Prayer Volunteers To Pray For Nigeria, World / Are Curses Effective? / How I Warned About Explosives Intercepted Enroute Nigeria – Apostle Suleiman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.