Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment (7176 Views)

We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / National Assembly Severance Package To Gulp N2.8bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by adewasco2k(m): 8:15am On Feb 02, 2012
The Managing Director of Total Nigeria Plc, Mr. Francious Bussagol yesterday failed to defend subsidy payments made to the organisation by the Petroleum Products Pricing Agency (PPPRA) last year.
This comes as the Chairman of Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS); Mrs. Ifueko Omogui disclosed that diesel dealers are yet to pay taxes, despite the deregulation of the product by the Federal Government some years ago.

Bussagol and Omogui spoke at the ongoing probe of the petroleum subsidy regime by the House of Representatives ad-hoc Committee led by Farouk Lawan.
A drama played out when Bussagol was asked to explain the discrepancies in the subsidy amount he claimed his company collected in 2011 and what the Accountant-General posted as the payments to the organisation. The Total boss told the committee that his company was paid N16.18bn as subsidy for the 211million litres of fuel supplied, the AG indicated that the company was paid N18.8bn.

Asked to prove the difference he kept quiet for some minutes. When he decided to speak the rattled Bussagol pleaded with the committee members to allow him time to liaise with the finance department of his company, to know why the discrepancy existed.
On why the company imported only 20 percent of allocation by PPPRA and relies on the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and other suppliers for the remaining quantity, he explained that the reason had to do with the lack of adequate facilities.

On what he thought was the fuel consumption rate in the country in view of Total having been in business in Nigeria since 1956, Bussagol said the figure was between 30 and 35 million litres.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/feb/02/national-02-02-2012-010.html
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Demdem(m): 8:45am On Feb 02, 2012
grin grin grin

The poor French guy simply found himself in the midst of Nigerian thieves. however am aint convince he isn't an accomplice
adewasco2k:

A drama played out when Bussagol was asked to explain the discrepancies in the subsidy amount he claimed his company collected in 2011 and what the Accountant-General posted as the payments to the organisation. The Total boss told the committee that his company was paid N16.18bn as subsidy for the 211million litres of fuel supplied, the AG indicated that the company was paid N18.8bn.

Asked to prove the difference he kept quiet for some minutes. When he decided to speak the rattled Bussagol pleaded with the committee members to allow him time to liaise with the finance department of his company, to know why the discrepancy existed.

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2012
I hope sey some sharp guys for the coy never chop the money and the MD no know. Management I hail ooh.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by jason2010(m): 9:09am On Feb 02, 2012
Demdem:

grin grin grin

[b]The poor French guy simply found himself in the midst of Nigerian thieves. however am aint convince he isn't an accomplice [/b]

Please tell me that you are being sarcastic with the bolded quote. The guy na core emperialist. It is all a disguised form of colonization. Shine your eyes
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by dounleedee: 9:13am On Feb 02, 2012
There is nothing to glee about when foreigners enrich themselves at our expense. When we come down hard on public officials who make it happen then we would have started the journey to self discovery and cleansing ourselves of the filth called corruption.  Food for thought!! How come the same law makers passed a bill some years back to ensure that politicians caught for embezzlement should be let off the hook as long as they refund the money? How come no one has ever asked Theophilus Danjuma to return the $500M profit he made from the sale of the illegal and unconstitutional oil block gift he received from Late Gen, Abacha?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Demdem(m): 9:14am On Feb 02, 2012
Why dont u just finish my sentence instead of picking part of it.

jason2010:

Please tell me that you are being sarcastic with the bolded quote. The guy na core emperialist. It is all a disguised form of colonization. Shine your eyes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by buzor(m): 9:16am On Feb 02, 2012
nigerian thieves don chop money for him head.
lets keep it coming.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by eastOFwest(m): 9:16am On Feb 02, 2012
Pleeeeease, give me a break! I had a stint with elf in phc in the 90's & those Frenchies are as corrupt as anythiing.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by jason2010(m): 9:20am On Feb 02, 2012
Demdem:

Why dont u just finish my sentence instead of picking part of it.

My bad homie, sorrry about that, I missed the ending part. I got clouded by the first part of the sentence. I am just tired of folks thinking that Oyibo is holier than thou, and keep using them as yard sticks
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Mobinga: 9:26am On Feb 02, 2012
Waiting for this news to slide into oblivion in a weeks time.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by babaowo: 9:26am On Feb 02, 2012
na today
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Demdem(m): 9:44am On Feb 02, 2012
jason2010:

My bad homie, sorrry about that, I missed the ending part. I got clouded by the first part of the sentence. I am just tired of folks thinking that Oyibo is holier than thou, and keep using them as yard sticks

I feel u.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by member67023: 9:56am On Feb 02, 2012
Initial gra gra.
This could be the first and last we will hear of this. They should first probe those fake companies that where establish to defraud NNPC and Nigeria.
Meanwhile, where are the 1600 buses promised by GEJ one month ago.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by atasteve: 10:08am On Feb 02, 2012
Those guys engage in dirty deals but unfortunately, our peooople are also encouraging them.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by jpphilips(m): 10:12am On Feb 02, 2012
when will they return the subsidy now they have caught the culprits? i don't mind another strike
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by letchrist: 10:51am On Feb 02, 2012
its simple arithmetic 211 million litres times 76 Naira paid as subsidy is 16.036 billion Naira. why was Total paid 18.8 billion in the first place. when they stated that they supplied 211 million litres
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by emmydee(m): 11:27am On Feb 02, 2012
i feel like laughing
but i wont.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 02, 2012
This story reeks of falsehood.
Total Nigeria's MD is by name Guy Maurice.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Okijajuju1(m): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2012
StarBoard:

This story reeks of falsehood.
Total Nigeria's MD is by name Guy Maurice.

No! It dosent.

Maurice is Total Upstream, Bussagol is Total Downstream.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 02, 2012
@OP, If this story is true then he should be the first to bite the dust.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by dejust(m): 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2012
He must surely answer for their role in that fuel subsidy.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Vavavoom(m): 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2012
I watched the whole charade and while he, Bussagol looked pitiable by his countenance a discernable person could tell he knew much more than he was letting on. The guy was caught between deals cut with the high-and-mighty NNPC-PPMC fraud train and transacting legit biz in the country. For all the supposed ethics hogwash these IOCs harp about alot of handslapping and elbow greasing goes on beneath the table. The excess cash of 2.6 Billion or thereabout must have been deliberately paid by NNPC-PPMC-PPPRA tower chiefs with Total Nigeria Plc as the account conduit until disbursement time. In periods when no one cared to check these ''overpay'' was the free windfall for a selected few - the come-and-chop cabal.

If you press mr. Bussagol harder am sure names will be revealed of the benefactors in high places. The same is true for all the other Major/super Marketers in the business of fuel imports and subsidy remittance.

my fear is nothing will happen after all the revelation, except of course we the people go on another strike - the real strike and demand for heads to roll.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by room702(m): 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2012
jason2010:

thank you for pointing this out. a lot of people don't realize this and it makes me wanna cry sometimes
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by kizito96(m): 12:45pm On Feb 02, 2012
I met a Friend of mine here in Canada. I knew him way back in London b4 i relocated to Canada. He always ask me what i was doing abroad. He insisted that Nigeria was the easiest place to make money in the world. I thought he was just insulting my country, until he showed me documents of an oil well he his cousin just got through a front in Nigeria. Its shameful
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Pa22(m): 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
LAUGHING IN IJAW! CHARADE! DECEIT!! CORRUPTION!!!
NA TODAY?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2012
Okija_juju:

No! It dosent.

Maurice is Total Upstream, Bussagol is Total Downstream.

Noted
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by BetaThings: 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2012
Vavavoom:

I watched the whole charade and while he, Bussagol looked pitiable by his countenance a discernable person could tell he knew much more than he was letting on. The guy was caught between deals cut with the high-and-mighty NNPC-PPMC fraud train and transacting legit biz in the country. For all the supposed ethics hogwash these IOCs harp about alot of handslapping and elbow greasing goes on beneath the table. The excess cash of 2.6 Billion or thereabout must have been deliberately paid by NNPC-PPMC-PPPRA tower chiefs with Total Nigeria Plc as the account conduit until disbursement time. In periods when no one cared to check these ''overpay'' was the free windfall for a selected few - the come-and-chop cabal.

If you press mr. Bussagol harder am sure names will be revealed of the benefactors in high places. The same is true for all the other Major/super Marketers in the business of fuel imports and subsidy remittance.

my fear is nothing will happen after all the revelation, except of course we the people go on another strike - the real strike and demand for heads to roll.
Matter is simple. Let PPRA or whatever bring evidence that Total was paid
Let Total bring their bank statement
Then let us see what happened to that money after it got to Total
This is an opportunity if Farouk Lawan is serious
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2012
I just pray that is not an error on the part of some guys in the finance dept. . . . . . . . they would pay with jobs if that is the case.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Jarus(m): 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2012
Omoj'omo lo.

Ologbon lo le ye.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by james1(m): 3:06pm On Feb 02, 2012
@betathings.
You said it all!
To reduce corruption to the bearest minimum is not a big deal,its the entrenched evil interest consisting of some people who have been benefiting all these years that are the "big deal" .
Thank God we have GEJ.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by Demdem(m): 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2012
james1:

@betathings.
You said it all!
To reduce corruption to the bearest minimum is not a big deal,its the entrenched evil interest consisting of some people who have been benefiting all these years that are the "big deal" .
Thank God we have GEJ.

This has nothing to do with the retardeen. He didnt initiate the probe and am sure he isnt moved by it. After the probe farouk will submit his report and everything dies there, no arrest, no prosecution, nothing. We have gone through this process before so nothing new. Farouk will probably be probed afterwards because there will be allegations and counter allegations that he either received bribed or they exceeded the budget given to the committee for this assignment and then etc etc etc etc I love my country
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment by juman(m): 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2012
I laugh. If there is no way to have modern nigeria, good bye to one nigeria. Sure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

30 Killed In Soldiers, Boko Haram Gun Fight / Shocker! President Buhari Picks Femi Falana As AGF (6th Most Powerful Person) / Explosive:Fayose Releases USA Court Document That Indicted Buhari's Wife- Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.