Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,609 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada (1231 Views)

From Winners To Redeemed To Chosen, GEJ Goes To The Lord’s House… Again / True Story- Muslim Sees Jesus In Toronto-canada / Muslim Sees Jesus In Toronto, Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by youngdigi(m): 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2007
Dear Nairaland,

I think the Lord has called me to contribute to his house, i am lookin for a church in Toronto, Canada where i can actually contribute to the Lord's house, i do a lot of travelling so ive bee to so many churches but i am currently located in toronto almost permanently, in my past experience, i have realized that i am most comfortable in a church with

a very good pastor that knows the word and is an exciting speaker,

a choir thats is open to creativity and exploration - i like a choir thats flexible with ideas, u know like every now and present a special number to to the church, also have a proper choir committee, that will get together for lunch or events, basically an active choir that stays close to each other

no segregation on individuals - belive it or not, a friend of mine told me about a church he went to, and they asked for offerring, so they asked ppl who had over $100 to stay on one side and they prayed differently for them, i was like u cant be serious, but believe it, i am not looking for a church like that

so with these in consideration, i am located in Toronto, Canada, i will apreciate anyone recommending some churches in this category for me, thanks a lot
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by debosky(m): 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2007
I recommend All Nations Full Gospel Church http://www.anfgc.org/

The Church is sound, with excellent teaching and spiritual training, and a good place to grow in the Lord. I've attended the Toronto church a couple of times, but I'm actually a member of the Ottawa congregation.

I don't know the specific organisational details of the choir, but that is something you can find out yourself.

cheers
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by youngdigi(m): 3:18am On Oct 16, 2007
thanks for the reco debosky, i actually heard about that church, my brother told me about them from nigeria
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by cgift(m): 8:39am On Oct 16, 2007
debosky:

I recommend All Nations Full Gospel Church http://www.anfgc.org/

The Church is sound, with excellent teaching and spiritual training, and a good place to grow in the Lord. I've attended the Toronto church a couple of times, but I'm actually a member of the Ottawa congregation.

Please ensure you try as much as possible to pray and receive confirmation from God about the church. Many churches on the outside appear as sheep but are actually wolves in sheep's clothings. Again, th name "All Nations" smacks of an "all-inclusion" kind of faith. I mean, many churches i have seen who bear that kind of name actually have ties with other forms of religion like Islam, Catholicsim, etc. Beware.

Search all things and be sure you are not signing your soul to a place that will cost you dearly.

Just a piece of advice anyways.
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by youngdigi(m): 11:39am On Oct 16, 2007
cgift:

Please ensure you try as much as possible to pray and receive confirmation from God about the church. Many churches on the outside appear as sheep but are actually wolves in sheep's clothings. Again, th name "All Nations" smacks of an "all-inclusion" kind of faith. I mean, many churches i have seen who bear that kind of name actually have ties with other forms of religion like Islam, Catholicsim, etc. Beware.

Search all things and be sure you are not signing your soul to a place that will cost you dearly.

Just a piece of advice anyways.
thanks , i will pray about it
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by cgift(m): 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2007
I pray that god helps you to find the truth in Jesus' name. AMEN.
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by pilgrim1(f): 5:46pm On Oct 16, 2007
Hi all. smiley

Hope no one's going to feel dampened by this.

There are many things today that appear 'attractive' to the simple enquirer; but as far as pertains to our spiritual lives in Christ, we should pay particular attention to what is beyond 'appearances'. Let's see a few of these outward attractions:

young_digi:

a very good pastor that knows the word and is an exciting speaker,

a choir thats is open to creativity and exploration -

no segregation on individuals -

It's amazing to note that there are thousands of denominations that advertize these things and more. While some have mastered the art of these thing so well, we need to rather be asking where God's Spirit is leading us genuinely to honour the Lordship of Jesus Christ. There's absolutely no pragramme or outward attractions that can take the place of the reality of God's Spirit. So I encourage you to also be on the lookout for the HIM.

See 1 Cor. 4:20 and 1 Thes. 1:5.

Blessings. smiley
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by youngdigi(m): 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Hi all. smiley

Hope no one's going to feel dampened by this.

There are many things today that appear 'attractive' to the simple enquirer; but as far as pertains to our spiritual lives in Christ, we should pay particular attention to what is beyond 'appearances'. Let's see a few of these outward attractions:

It's amazing to note that there are thousands of denominations that advertize these things and more. While some have mastered the art of these thing so well, we need to rather be asking where God's Spirit is leading us genuinely to honour the Lordship of Jesus Christ. There's absolutely no pragramme or outward attractions that can take the place of the reality of God's Spirit. So I encourage you to also be on the lookout for the HIM.

See 1 Cor. 4:20 and 1 Thes. 1:5.

Blessings. smiley
pilgrim, i understand your point of view, but basically everything you have mentioned comes before every factor i listed, in other words, my mind is focused on what u listed, and then this thread comes next, the questions u ask yourself like what comes after believing he is the Lord and saviour? like where do i wana worship? what can i do for God? how can i contribute to his house? u dig??

and the heart is all that matters, as long as i have that settled with the Lord, then I believe he will guide me in the right direction when i ask him, this thread is a preferential thing, these are the things i enjoy in a church, just like some people choose to be catholics, anglicans or pentecostal based on their preferences, its not necessarily the attraction factor here, its more of the individuals preferences
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by pilgrim1(f): 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2007
@young_digi,

young_digi:

pilgrim, i understand your point of view, but basically everything you have mentioned comes before every factor i listed, in other words, my mind is focused on what u listed, and then this thread comes next, the questions u ask yourself like what comes after believing he is the Lord and saviour? like where do i wana worship? what can i do for God? how can i contribute to his house? u dig??

I dig - and already had the sense that you'd have considered those matters. I simply wanted to remind you once again and help you understand that nothing should be particularly more emphasized than the reality of the Lordship of Jesus Christ which the Holy Spirit brings to our experience. All the same, 'I dig'.

young_digi:

and the heart is all that matters, as long as i have that settled with the Lord, then I believe he will guide me in the right direction when i ask him, this thread is a preferential thing, these are the things i enjoy in a church, just like some people choose to be catholics, anglicans or pentecostal based on their preferences, its not necessarily the attraction factor here, its more of the individuals preferences

Uhm. . . there precisely is the real issue. A lot of us have made the matter of worshipping the Lord subject to 'preferences'. This is what the woman at the well in John 4 essentially tried to argue with the Lord - "Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship" (vs. 20). In other words, our opinions against the opinions of others (even if we sometimes tend to argue with the Lord Himself!).

Let me not be tedious unto thee, lol. I would just say rather that we all need to constantly bear in mind the answer of the Lord - "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth" (vs. 24). I trust that you already have considered this matter as well; but the one thing before us is that we don't lose sight of that, for it is soooo easy to do so.

All the same, may the Lord guide you for His own sake - not in your ways or pilgrim.1's opinions - but in the way that pleases Him. Shalom. smiley
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by tonyjon(m): 6:34am On Oct 17, 2007
Hello Digi,

You have to pray very well so that God will direct you to were HE wants you to be. But I will also like to introduce you to this Church . The name of the Church is : ABOVE ALL CHRISTIAN GATHERING, NAEREST INTERSECTION, KEELE AND LAWRENCE.

tonyjon.
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by ssRhino: 9:58pm On Oct 17, 2007
Young, what area in T Dot O are you at, and i would be able to recommend to you some churches, also, do you drive?
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by youngdigi(m): 2:43am On Oct 18, 2007
Rhino I am downtown Toronto, right beside the Union Station, and no i don't drive
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by youngdigi(m): 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2007
anyone still with any more suggestions?
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by pilgrim1(f): 10:43am On Jan 05, 2008
Interesting. @young_digi, ho is it going so far? cheesy
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by reka(m): 1:37am On Jan 09, 2008
u are in Toronto rite? i know of a church where my mum too contributes into. The name is 'CEASE FIRE TABERNACLE' it's around melanie drive,u can try dat.
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by reka(m): 1:43am On Jan 09, 2008
u are in Toronto rite? i know of a church where my mum too contributes into. The name is 'CEASE FIRE TABERNACLE' it's around melanie drive,u can try dat.
Re: I Want To Contribute To The Lord's House In Toronto, Canada by Boondoggle(m): 1:58am On Jan 09, 2008
reka:

u are in Toronto rite? i know of a church where my mum too contributes into. The name is 'CEASE FIRE TABERNACLE' it's around melanie drive,u can try that.

'CEASE FIRE TABERNACLE'    Never mind.grin grin grin Just curious if you are really for real.

Reka, do you attend CFT as well LOL

@ Poster,

Ask God and He will direct you somehow. God is a God of order. He and only He knows what he wants to you to accomplish for Him before He called you. Also, He must have prepared a place where your service is needed and where you will be blessed and be blessing. So, ask Him!

Shalom cool

(1) (Reply)

Better Church Management With Church+ / Our Religeous Leaders Are So Silence On The Issues In This Country / Join Revd Ben Eragbai (JESUS Soldier)this Friday, 24th Of August 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.