Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

In A Dilemma: Can ACCA Help? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In A Dilemma: Can ACCA Help? (1610 Views)

ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results / In A Dilemma, Seriously In Need Of Help. (acca Or Should Go Back To School) / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In A Dilemma: Can ACCA Help? by Holorunloseyi(m): 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
My nairalander pls help me out off this problems of my.
I gain addimistion into a college of education after year1 i opted out now planing on taking ACCA PROGRAMMES @list to Bsc level and didnt want my parent to kwonw am out of d nce wat ur say my nairaland does Acca wort it
Re: In A Dilemma: Can ACCA Help? by yamakuza: 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2012
1. ACCA is worth it.

2. Let your parents know. They wont kill you, and you'll need their support.
Re: In A Dilemma: Can ACCA Help? by mycvclinic: 7:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
Hi Holorunloseyi,

Are you interested in Accounting? ACCA will only be worth it if you have an interest in the subject. Possessing an ACCA opens doors but when you look at the pass rates, you can tell it isn't a "quick fix" as it is made to look like.

To avoid dropping out of yet another course, I advise you to consider whay you are interested in and able to do. I'm an ACCA student and I will tell you in simple terms that it isn't the easiest thing out there to study. It takes allot of preperation - no miracles.

Yes it is worth it BUT please check that it is something you can carry through to avoid another withdrawal.

And yes, you have to tell your parents.
Re: In A Dilemma: Can ACCA Help? by Holorunloseyi(m): 7:43am On Feb 03, 2012
Tanks guys
@list Acca is worth,all that is requored of me is intrest.
So pls how tough is the programme
Re: In A Dilemma: Can ACCA Help? by mycvclinic: 8:11am On Feb 03, 2012
I can't advise you on toughness (very few good things come easily). It is a professional qualification, definitely NOT easy.

Most importantly, you just have to be interested in accounting and VERY willing to learn.

Are you interested in accounting?

Holorunloseyi:

Tanks guys
@list Acca is worth,all that is requored of me is intrest.
So pls how tough is the programme
Re: In A Dilemma: Can ACCA Help? by Abisele(m): 4:40pm On Feb 05, 2012
As an ACCA student you can have a Bsc in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brooks University after u complete the skills level,it is very much worth it.fear not,discuss it wit ur parents.
Re: In A Dilemma: Can ACCA Help? by shefmobo(m): 6:08pm On Feb 05, 2012
What is the acceptance rate of OBU CERTIFICATE here in nigeria
Re: In A Dilemma: Can ACCA Help? by Holorunloseyi(m): 9:46am On Apr 15, 2012
Accounting is an intresting topic just like the economics i've been tring to study from onset ,even in nigeria we hardly get our dream course to study

(1) (Reply)

Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) / How To Write Your Resume For U.S. Graduate School (MS & PhD) Admissions / Best Law Firms To Work For In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.