Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Advice Needed by HND Holder - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed by HND Holder (2927 Views)

Is It Possible For OND Holder To Earn Upto 80k Per Month? / Hnd Holder On Level 8 Salary Scale / Level 8 Salary For Hnd Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by HND Holder by akadang: 2:50am On Oct 16, 2007
Please, read this :

- I am an HND computer science graduate that have 10 Years post-HND Xperience

- I have been offered direct MSC by so many foreign Universities ( I have Upper credit)

- I have about 10 million naira worth of shares over the period i have worked & about 2 million naira in fixed deposit

- I am in my early 30s

- I am presently living in the UK

I always feel that it is necessary to have my B.SC because of serious disparity in the industrial market.  I have asked how i could do this in some universities in the UK, and  considering the fact that I have HND , I  realise that I'd have to spend 2 years to have the BSC.

The question is, Should I go and do my BSc again? (which I will spend loads of money on), or I should just go and do the MSC while using the money I have doing some buisnesses?

I am so confused because im planning ahead to be relevant in Nigeria when I eventually return back to Nigeria!
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by suprman: 8:51am On Oct 16, 2007
Look my guy,
Great u have got all those monies, experience and so on, but i think if u have an opportunity to do masters direct without PGD over there then do it with immidiate effect, here in Nigeria they respect and honour foreign degrees expecially Post Graduate. Ones u have ur masters, nobody borders about ur first degree here. NOTE: let ur Msc be on the course u studied at Ur HND level. U dont need to go for Bsc spending money, time and so on.
Goodluck
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by akadang: 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2007
@suprman,

Thanks so much. My fear has always been that will they reckon with my foreign master degree in Nigeria considering the fact that I have HND. Strange enough, I have always been offered MSC direct without PGD. Maybe due to my result, experience and professional qualification.

I will appreciate more contributions please
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by follyg: 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2007
akadang, the world is yours. dont miss that golden opprtunity you have . Go ahead with your M.sc without hesitating further, get enough professional certification. U will be very much at home with ur experience, foreign M.sc and professional certification.

Best regards
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by akadang: 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2007
@follyg,

Thanks so much.

While I will still appreciate more contributions, pls note that I'm open to [b]DISSENTING [/b]view as well. Thanks
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by hamabra(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2007
Bros, go for the Msc, best of luck
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by onikoyia(m): 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2007
bros i just come across your holla now,my name is onikoyi habeeb, i work with oceanicbank plc.infact bros just feel on top of world,as for me i believe wat one will be in life has been predestined,do you believe in that ?if so just be prayerful and follow your mind i wish you all the best in life, av fun my broda.
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by akadang: 7:01pm On Oct 16, 2007

bros i just come across your holla now,my name is onikoyi habeeb, i work with oceanicbank plc.infact bros just feel on top of world,as for me i believe what one will be in life has been predestined,do you believe in that ?if so just be prayerful and follow your mind i wish you all the best in life, av fun my brother.

Thanks for your comment but :

- You ave not given me reason why I need to be on top of the world

- If we say life is pre-destined, we will end up leaving things to the dictate of nature rather than working towards achieving things? (or what do u think??)
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by onikoyia(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2007
hello,bros can you please tell me one big reason or why work ?is it not to make a gud leaving ?thank god you have at least 85% of what one needs in life seh.as for me i believe after 4/5 yrs in an organisation i should be able 2 set up my self,and more so qualification dont really matter atimes in banking industry so as i said earlier just follow your mind and i wish you luck ok ?
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by patiymar(m): 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2007
@akadang

I'm almost in the same situation as you have narrated, I also have HND, a great Job, wonderful investments and I even have people with fist class Bsc working under me, but the truth is that sometimes I see great opportunity that I would have comfortably taken, but the HND stuff keeps on presenting itself as a bottle neck. last year I got MSc admission in Uk without any PGD but I didn't take it up, just because I know that one day one man will still question 'WHY HND', You don't have to spend two years to get your Bsc, and remember that you won't loose anything by obtaining the Bsc. You have the means, so please for an obstacle free tomorrow go for Bsc before Msc.

This is what I am doing presently, which I'll advice you to do. There are very good schools in Uk that offer Bsc Hounour (though Computer science or information technology) through online studies, this program is for one year full time or two years part-time, in all you'll spend like N1m, without leaving your present job. After one year you'll get your Bsc, you can then go ahead with your Msc in the same school or another school of your choice.

Its just a humble advice, I hope it guides you in making your decision.

All the best.
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by akadang: 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2007
@

@onikoyi_a
thank god you have at least 85% of what one needs in life

While I appreciate this compliment, I must tell you that I dont think I have 10% of what one needs in life yet. Still a long winding way to go wink

@patiymar,

I really appreciate that. Could you please give me the name of the schools that you know, and I will check them out. Another thing, is online BSC degree recognised in nigeria?
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by patiymar(m): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2007
@akadang,

The only thing different in the online studies is that you won't be physically present in the institution, but you will still pass through the rigorous academic activities of an institution. You will be given a Bsc qualification that is the same as that obtained by students who studied in the campus, although this program is mainly for people with HND (kind of a top-up program). In Nigeria, just like every other place, once you present a valid certificate that is obtained from a recognized institution nobody will be interested in knowing if it was online or on-campus, also note that the qualification will be Bsc Hounours and not Bsc-online Hounours.

Drop your email address and I’ll send you the school details so that you can check them out.
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by akadang: 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2007
Thanks

You can send to this email:

yankeegee@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by kunleola1: 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2007
hi patymar,
pls i need the information too,u can send it to olaolukunle2000@yahoo.com
tks a lot.
Re: Advice Needed by HND Holder by emmajames02: 1:15pm On Apr 16
Are you an HND holder in need of assignment help? Look no further! Our service offers expert assistance with plagiarism-free content and grammar checking. Trust us to elevate your academic performance with top-quality support. Reach out today for reliable HND assignment help that ensures your success.

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Independence Sales Consultant Program / Let Me Setup Your Payoneer Account (@N1000), And Working Paypal Account (@N1000) / A Chance To Meet With Alhaji Aliko Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.