Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: (4638 Views)

Garri, A Very Special Meal When Taken Like This.... Lol / 99% Of You Guys Never Knew This.(photo) / Hot Dog Eating Competition, You Guys Need To Watch This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Etemma1(m): 10:48am On Feb 03, 2012
A friend of mine and I found our way to a busy restaurant in Wuse 2 to get some pepper soup.

The long and confusing queue did not dissuade us from acompilishing our mission to satisfy our pepper soup craving.

We joined the first cue that seemed to be inching faster towards the cashier. After a torturous wait, we finally ordered and found some seats at the edge of the room. More waiting followed. My friend Jackie (real name concealed) had ordered fish peppered soup, while I preferred the goat version; but when the food came, she had chicken on her plate. Little did we know that the fish/chicken mix up would trigger an occurence that would alter our pepper soup eating habits from that point on. And it began like this;

Jackie: (calmly) This is not what I want. I ordered fish. Please change this.
Unruly Waiter: (with a scowl on her face) Fish is finished. Manage it, abeg.
Jackie: (still calm) What do you mean, manage it?

Meanwhile, I watch at the side-lines,

Unruly waiter: (Shouting) I told you to manage it. There are people that ordered before you. If you don’t want it, I’ll take it back. You don’t have to insult me.
Me: (Shouting) Are you going insane? You gave her what she didn’t order for and instead of apologising, you are raising your voice. Are you kidding me?

We start to create a scene and suddenly, Jackie stands up quietly, lifts the bowl of spicy hot peppered chicken soup and baptises the waiter with it. As we hurriedly left the restaurant, the waiter was still struggling to regain her sight as she had been “blinded” by the soup. I do not usually condone physical assault, however this unruly waiter deserved the violence coming her way. My rational mind, on the other hand, tells me that no amount of injustice (culinary or not) justifies the act of pouring scalding pepper soup on a fellow human being.

How then, is the reasonable way to deal with the unruly waiter?

If they excessively get on your nerves and you cannot walk away, probably because of how amazing the food is, ask to talk to the person in charge.
If you do not want to start an international incident, just walk away. Surely, other establishments will be happy to have your business and treat you better.
If you are too busy with the food and your palate is properly tickled, totally ignore the waiter. Soon you will not even notice they exist.
If you are like my friend Jackie, you know what to do,
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Acidosis(m): 11:07am On Feb 03, 2012
bad boiz!
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by MissyB3(f): 11:19am On Feb 03, 2012
Lmao! Funny experience!
Running a business goes beyond having a locale and being able to provide goods and/or services, you must learn how to relate to customers. Serves her right (I'm guessing the waiter is a girl).  grin
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Acidosis(m): 11:23am On Feb 03, 2012
my missy. .
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by MissyB3(f): 11:24am On Feb 03, 2012
shocked
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Acidosis(m): 11:33am On Feb 03, 2012
why ? ?
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by MissyB3(f): 11:42am On Feb 03, 2012
There's an eyelash in my eye. tongue
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Acidosis(m): 11:47am On Feb 03, 2012
oh I see!
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by nwanioma(f): 12:21pm On Feb 03, 2012
I think the best thing to do is just to stand up and walk out of the restaurant. Or better still don't pay them before leaving, and at that point they would be forced to make a fuss!
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by towbaynah(m): 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2012
laff wan tear my belle ooo
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by iaabc(f): 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2012
What your friend did is criminal. Nothing could have justified her action. She should have asked to speak with the person in charge or simply left the place, but to intentionally cause bodily injury to a person, is grounds for legal action.
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by mystiqueem(f): 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2012
iaabc:

What your friend did is criminal. Nothing could have justified her action. She should have asked to speak with the person in charge or simply left the place, but to intentionally cause bodily injury to a person, is grounds for legal action.
seconded
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by BabaEleko(m): 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2012
Even though what ur friend is not legally right, the waiter got the lesson she deserve. She'll never run her mouth on strangers no more. God bless that ur friend for pouring some "hot pepper lesson on the mumu. grin
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Weedean(m): 1:00pm On Feb 03, 2012
These people can get on your nerves sometimes even dare your wrath but, you're not wrong you still could have absorbed her rattling mouth.
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Ranoscky(m): 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2012
Dont know how u guys reason jackie's reaction but, to Rano, what jackie did was OK! [that is if they have already paid] Or better stil, walk away! I HATE BAD MOUTHED WAITERS!
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by donbuchi1(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2012
two wrongs grin
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by xterra2(m): 1:58pm On Feb 03, 2012
Hilarious
God bless you friend jackie , the waiter deserved it , useless girl
I hate people like that also, God knows if I was in the same position I would have done so
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Mavor: 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
Men Jackie na bad a$$ bit<h!!! She deserves a free head. grin I go chop that kitten like fish peppersoup
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Koolking(m): 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2012
Your friend (Jacqueline) could be sued for violence assault. Her action was totally uncalled-for. The waiter was rude, out of pressure from throng of customers (am not justifying her rudeness), but I expected your friend to be smarter than the poor waiter by requesting to see the manager (trust me,you would have been attended to nicely). waiters rudeness are commonplace but how a customer handles that is another thing.

Regrettably, jacqueline's exposure has not been able to reform her Public relationship. She should not feel happy and fulfilled for what she did. That was absolutely debasing
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2012
If I was the waiter I will sue. Your friend had no right whatsoever to do that. She could have reported her to the manager, she could have left and they would loose a customer, it is wicked to pour hot soup with pepper on someone no matter how you are provoked, that is wicked and sick.
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Konnektions146(m): 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2012
most places were there is a rush like dat for the comodity, there re bound to be such treatments meted on customers, i rememberd goin to a popular eatery in Enugu , after eatin, imagine hw the waiter shouted that is he blind to notice they busy, men, i shock.

so any restaurant that people queue, run.

but yur guy no try cos e no make sense as e create scene
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by freecocoa(f): 2:42pm On Feb 03, 2012
[b] Kai jackie is wicked and that was way extreme like wtf?scaring someone for being rude to her,has she never been rude to someone before?

I know how annoyingly insulting some waiters can get but we also need to understand they are human beings too and can also get irritated,that they serve the public doesn't make them angels,most times many of them snap due to tiredness and frustration especially in crowed restaurants like the one you and your friend went to,do you know how many people she must have served that day?I know people will say she gets paid for it,true but she is human and not a machine without feelings,some customers too can be overbearing,they make faces at waiters as if they are lesser human beings and make them feel inferior,this is why I try to be as friendly\nice as possible with any waiter taking my orders cos I understand their position.

Anyways your friend could have just walked away without paying if she couldn't talk to someone in charge,that's what I'll do if I were in her place but I wouldn't walk without letting the waiter know how rude and fooolish she is by making her company lose customers ,jackie really is an evil minded person and her type will be ruder than that waiter sef. [/b]
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by chika98: 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2012
That's just pretty daft!!! How can you condone such a violent behaviour? Pour hot pepper soup on another human being because they were rude? Whatever happened to just walking away from there?
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Etemma1(m): 2:56pm On Feb 03, 2012
For those of you condemning Jackie. You can't really blame for reacting that way. I agree that she went overboard, but I tell you if you were there, you would beat the waiter silly. Imagine being insulted on what you intend to pay for, saying stuff like I don't have your time. Common guys, in a way she deserved what she got. Gbam,
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by dammizz(m): 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
The judgment was too harsh, way too immature. There are more intelligent ways of teaching unruly people lessons than causing a physical damage. Jackie deserves a jail term for this lipsrsealed. Did you care to know why the waiter acted that way? The waiter might not be a naturally rude person, most people have the tendency of acting unruly when under stress or after a having a long day awork.
It is a criminal act to like that, we have been rude to some people in the past and they neither soak us in pepper soup nor assault us in any other similar way. Some waiters can be very annoying though but we should exercise tolerance since we only have few minutes to spend with them. If I were the poster, I would be very ashamed of being with Jackal Jackie that day. PATHETIC! Its even more pathetic when some people endorse this kind of act
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by LogicMind: 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2012
I just hope say na yoruba waiter. In that case, she got what she deserved.
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by emmatok(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2012
Etemma1:

For those of you condemning Jackie. You can't really blame for reacting that way. I agree that she went overboard, but I tell you if you were there, you would beat the waiter silly. Imagine being insulted on what you intend to pay for, saying stuff like I don't have your time. Common guys, in a way she deserved what she got. Gbam,

Why will you beat or assault the waiter, for unruly manners.

If I were the owner of that canteen, I will order my boys to hold you and hand you over to the police.

You never jam people before.

Nonsense. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by emmatok(m): 3:22pm On Feb 03, 2012
dammizz:

The judgment was too harsh, way too immature. There are more intelligent ways of teaching unruly people lessons than causing a physical damage. Jackie deserves a jail term for this lipsrsealed. Did you care to know why the waiter acted that way? The waiter might not be a naturally rude person, most people have the tendency of acting unruly when under stress or after a having a long day awork.
It is a criminal act to like that, we have been rude to some people in the past and they neither soak us in pepper soup nor assault us in any other similar way. Some waiters can be very annoying though but we should exercise tolerance since we only have few minutes to spend with them. If I were the poster, I would be very ashamed of being with Jackal Jackie that day. PATHETIC! Its even more pathetic when some people endorse this kind of act

Bros,

The OP is a criminal, what if the waiter goes blind.

Though i don't believe the story.

Because the canteen owner didn't respond to that assault, cos he will regret ever doing that nonsense.
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by freecocoa(f): 3:34pm On Feb 03, 2012
Etemma1:

Etemma1:

Just imagine what you wrote,that jackie lucky say dem no gather her beat craze comot from her evil head,did the waiter even abuse her verbally?she was just rude"fish is finished,manage it,I said manage it abeg there are people that ordered before you,if you don't want it,I'll take it back,you don't have to insult me" so the statement in quote made with a scowled face is enough to pour hot pepper soup on someone for? Jackie is the devil's incarnate,walai she's only but lucky,let her come and try it where i school,if she goes home with both legs make I know wetin cause am,that type of girl would do worse to her husband.
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Wallie(m): 4:06pm On Feb 03, 2012
100% blame on Jackie! That is assault and it was totally uncalled for!

The most she should have done was to dump the soup on the floor but you cannot just assault someone because you're a "big man"! She's lucky that your waiter is slow; the waiter should have also bathed her with pepper soup from head to toe and then kick her behind out!
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Outstrip(f): 4:20pm On Feb 03, 2012
So what if the girl behind the counter jumped the counter and beat the crap out of Jackie. bet she wouldn't feel so powerful anymore. There are many things she could have done and none of them includes proving to the world that she is more mannerless than the unruly waiter
Re: Dealing With The Unruly Waiter - You Guys Need To Read This.lol: by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2012
Outstrip:

So what if the girl behind the counter jumped the counter and beat the crap out of Jackie. bet she wouldn't feel so powerful anymore. There are many things she could have done and none of them includes proving to the world that she is more mannerless than the unruly waiter
Very sad how Some Nigerians look down on service providers. How in heavens name can she justify pouring soup on another human " being, hot soup. Haba. The poster who came to add "lol" at the end of her post is just sad. Later we will go to church

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbelievably Cheap Groceries For Your Family / Will You Eat?? / Check Out My Student's Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.