Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit (2010 Views)

World’s Most Expensive Car Owned By Saudi Prince (amir) Al Waleed Bin Talal / Beautiful Women Vs Flashy Cars / Bugatti Veyron 16.4: World's Most Expensive Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by awolumate(m): 8:51am On Oct 16, 2007
[center]Guys,
Does it really worth it for Out of naija young dude to send a car worth 3million naira home without a house of his own? We all know that using a flashy car invite the robbers and selling this car there after would definately reduce the cost. I am trying to advice my friend here from sending his jaguar home but he need a cogent reason why he shouldnt. I have been trying to convince him to enjoy his pay in uk instead of home. There are lots of comfortable cars and vans that are less expensive at home and raise no eyebrow.
What do you think guys? does it make sense to park so an expensive car at home after departing to base? He is sending a Jaguar Car.

Thanks as you contribute.
[/center]
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by viperman: 9:03am On Oct 16, 2007
Well, it's not a bad idea if you intend selling it when leaving.
At least, you have relatives that could keep the car for you till it gets sold and remit the money back to you in your base.
As for the issue of robbers, don't let people scare you like shit. Yes, there are robbers, but they are not like sands on the road. You just have to know your routes, time your outing and pray before any outing. If you know/do these well, you wont have a problem grin
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by kem4(m): 9:05am On Oct 16, 2007
Well i think its worth it, one has to do what makes him happy. It depends on what he wants, if that is what makes him happy then so be it grin
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by awolumate(m): 9:08am On Oct 16, 2007
In most cases on my own experience with naija. You end up selling the car undervalued if not begging them to buy at the end, eheh praying and fasting b4 taking ur car out or been limited to ur street? then why buying the car?.
@Viperman . I have read lots of your post .keep it up. The car in question is a Right Hand Jaguar S type. Viperman what would be the value in naija 2000model 3.0liters full optional.
I am on phone with him . I am still insiting he keep enjoy the car here rather than lagos. grin
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by viperman: 9:50am On Oct 16, 2007
yo awo,

First, thanks for the complimo.
Well, since it's a right-handed drive, i would advice you either convert it over there to a left before shipping down or sels, you wont be able to sell it here at a good rate. Most people are scared of right-left converted cars. Especially those done in nigeria. smiley
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by awolumate(m): 10:11am On Oct 16, 2007
eheh first wahala rightyyy, well i will inform him of dat now now, u know d monetary value back home?
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by viperman: 11:16am On Oct 16, 2007
monetary value for changing right-left? or for the car?
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by awolumate(m): 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2007
the car itself, v6, 3.0litre , full optional ,2000model . jaguar stype.
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by sultaan(m): 7:42am On Oct 17, 2007
Good car, wrong market.Buy a daily driver like a Lancer,sentra, civic or upscale Bimmer, Benz, Audi,Passat.Something that can be maintained easily
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 17, 2007
@ awolumate: I wouldn't even consider shipping my RHD car to Nigeria, not even if I was staying fo 6 months.
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by mastro: 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2007
the short answer is, no it makes no sense.
The long answer is that he would be that if he likes throwing money away he should go for it, it's a RHD Jag, it will be worth about N200k in the Nigerian market.
The S class Jag is a pile of rubbish IMO I hasten to add, it has absolutely no redeeming features.

If he must (can afford to) then he should buy a decent LHD Benz, BMW or Lexus.

Finally is the reason he wants to bring it home that he paid £40,000 for it new and now it's worth £2k not N3m (£12k) grin
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by Ivvie: 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2007
@ Maestro

Jaguar is no where as expensive as a Mercedes. Reliability?! Thanks to Ford for making it a pile of scrap metal.
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by Ivvie: 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2007
@Awo

The vehicle is x by wire. It is SAE’s breakthrough on multiplexing Euro Automobiles at the time.  What x by wire details bulky and mechanical systems/components being replaced by complicated electrical systems.  The outcome of this is more efficiency and increased performance. 

This is a field under Control Systems.

You'll only need to buy a left-hand dash and transfer everything to the left side and replace the headlights since they are reflected to the left.  It's going to be a plug and uplug task.

X by wire relating to the Jaguar is steering by wire, brake by wire, throttle by wire and they could be easily translated without heavy labour.

Most manufacturers have adopted this method in manufacturing, since it cuts costs but the disadvantages aren't funny.  If your friend is savvy, it could do it because it's been prewired.
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by awolumate(m): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2007
@ Viperman and everyone,

What would be the monetary value of this jaguar in Naija after conversion from here ? 2000model stype.
Thanks all.
Re: Does It Make Sense Sending A Flashy And Expensive Car Home 4 Few Weeks Visit by weyreypey: 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2018
gazzuzz

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advise Which Is Best Amongst Infinity Fx35, Rav4 06/07 And Honda Crv 06/07 / Online Police Tint Permit / Mobil 1 Overrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.