Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! (7722 Views)

Poll: Which bank do you think is as good as or better than GTB??

Access Bank: 8% (7 votes)
Zenith Bank: 21% (17 votes)
Wema Bank: 0% (0 votes)
Firstbank: 10% (8 votes)
NONE!!!: 60% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

How GTB Is Making Life Unbearable For Me / Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks / Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Lawalemi(m): 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2012
Seun, GTB has just a branch for a big city as Sango Ota which may be the reason for the regular crowded hall. Nevertheless, they are building a new branch by Sifor/Glo office.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by DerMeister: 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2012
GTBank is a lousy bank IMO! angry

I would never bank with them. Rude staff, crowded halls, easy targets for cyber crime etc etc, But then all 9ja banks have issues! angry
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by kolexy(m): 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2012
Best Bank - GTB

Worst Bank - Zenith Bank

Worstest Bank - Zenith Bank

Most Improved - First Bank
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by yommy2sure(m): 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2012
GT all the way, i started usimg GT during service and most corper wished they opend their nysc accnt with them too, the allowances are always paid full with #0 cut, all the inec money was on point and wen i had atm withdrawal error and complained they paid back the money in double fold, but UBA held my money for the same reason for like a month, worst bank in my own judgement.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by queensmith: 8:33pm On Feb 04, 2012
Kmt back home customer service is a bloody myth! thats why i avoid people as much as possible! Esp bank workers!

And trying to open a domicillary account with gtb proved hell!
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by rajisaliu(m): 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2012
yes they are really the best, i enjoyed all their services especially internet banking & mobile banking, they are fantastic, keep it up guys.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by kepsi123(m): 8:39pm On Feb 04, 2012
In the ten or so odd years i have been in the oil industries i have used ecobank, zenith bank, citizen, and spring as salary. The best bank is the one the branch manager and one of the tellers is your personal friend. simple

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Jilo83(m): 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2012
I love GTBANK but no 1 in my village(Igboho, oyo state)
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by mpmp: 9:39pm On Feb 04, 2012
For me, the GTB is the one-eyed man among the rest of blind folks.

I have 101 complaints about GTB.

GTB Ko, GTB ni

1) Rather than calling it a bank, I call it [size=14pt]Guarantee Trust bosoms.[/size]

I did a study last year, after being offended by the way their female staff were displaying their breasts at the counter, sent it to their management by email - why all their ladies had to expose at least 70% of their bosoms at the counter.

Nobody responded.

2) I had nothing doing on Christmas eve of 2010, so I decided to cross-check my account statement for the year. The activity made my Christmas celebration so wonderful. Here are some of the things I found out:

a) withdrawals at 3am in the morning ( for which I knew nothing about);

b) very funny descripancies in calculations. For ex: suppose I had like NGN50K(round figure) and I withdrew 5K at a date-abc, the balance should be NGN45K.

Now suppose my balance was something like NGN50,348.50, and I withdrew NGN5K, rather than having NGN45,348.50 as my exact balance, some money would be missing from the hundredths part.

I found out many times, amounts like 10-naira, 35-naira, 11-naira, 17-naira and fifty-kobo, etc., would be missing from the expected balance. The total missing amount for about 3-years back ran into 12K+ (twelve thousand naira) in small bits and pieces.

So I fired up my excel-sheet, did my own calculations; went to the bank to request for an account statement, and compared it to mine. The differences were clear. I put everything together, produced 2-copies, went to get a lawyer who noted on it, went to deposit it at their complaint desk.

At first they tried to explain that it was some service charge, so I told them to write me a letter explaining their services which costs exactly 3-naira and 50kobo (for example).

Long story cut short, they returned all my money, especially when I gave them 24-hours or else, that I'll forward the complaint to the EFCC.

3) their MasterCards do not work outside Nigeria. I had sought help from a MasterCard office, and they declined to comment. Something seemed fishy, so I did my own investigation: something seems fishy(from my own point of view).

Summarily, its like this: you get a card with a MasterCard sign from a bank in Nigeria(Ive investigated 3-banks, GTB inclusive). they tell you it works online, you can buy this and that, you can make purchases in foreign currencies, etc. Fine. So you make your purchases online, etc;, however your funds come through to the seller/service provider through a merchant: a bank in Lebanon. "Nigeria" doesnt show up anywhere, your "nigerian bank name", doesnt show up anywhere. It looks purely like a lebanese to America transaction.

Meanwhile, the reverse is not the case. If you receive any funds from the USA / Europe, there is no middle party. Meanwhile, this isnt the same in Ghana. they dont transact their banking business through middle parties.

Ive talked to some tech-people I know in banks here and there; and its like they are not even aware of what is going on. So they ask, how did you find out, why are you searching, this and that.

The whole thing seems fraudulent to me.

My only explanation is that perhaps, the idea might be for the National bad reputation to be hidden behind a lebanese / merchant bank; but I'm wondering, why Lebanon? From Nigeria to Lebanon to America/Europe? insult upon Injury. who is the lebanese contact, and how much is he/she making from every dollar that goes out of the country?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by delpee(f): 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2012
GT is the best but they need to open more branches to improve on the crowded environment in their offices. The Bodija,Ibadan, Awo Rd, Ikoyi, Cath Mission, Lagos for e.g. are heavily crowded most days. Been to the Ota branch and agree with Seun. Seems they prefer people doing most things online which works well for the proposed cashless society.

Others i have used for various reasons and my observations:
FBN is the most improved bank IMO.
UBN-improving
UBA - poor and expensive services, even the current share price speaks volumes
ZENITH okay but with high charges
Diamond seems to have a crop of overworked and miserable staff
Stanbic - good for loans
Ecobank - good customer relations
Skye -long queues for deposits

Access- fewer customers and good documentation
Access- seems ok
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by webKonsult: 11:59pm On Feb 04, 2012
GTB is the best bank in our country. they don't have hidden

charge like other banks and they very very efficient in internet

banking specially for info marketers. so Guys bank with GTB.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by superstar1(m): 12:44am On Feb 05, 2012
"@ mpmp

why is Gtbank mastercard the most widely used by Nigerian students all over the world then. there are a lot of people that opens a/c with GTB whenever they want to travel, just because of their mastercard. Their internet banking is SO ON POINT.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 05, 2012
GTB is my bank any day any time any where. The young guys at Oba Akran branch are the best team Iv ever seen. Guys keep it up. GTB is the best thing that has taken Nigerian banking experience to the zenith of excellence. A trial will convince u. Am a happy customer with 24-7 customer care.
Bishop:

Yes,no doubt GT Bank has performed well using industry best practise but some branches need to meet up to customers expectation most especially thier customer service.

The ogba Branch customer service is horrible, very insultive set of women a sharp contrast to the Oba Akra Branch those young guys are great.

No appology just a positive citicsism
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by usbcable(m): 8:11am On Feb 05, 2012
mass hysteria at its best.
you hear they are sooooo good you get to their banking hall experience samething in other banks.
and just because their slow service is faster than other banks they are acclaimed as being super.

grin
GTB ko GTB ni.

they would need to explain to me why transactions are being declined on myy ATM next week. angry
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by babestella: 8:41am On Feb 05, 2012
FIDELITY BANK is the best.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by fafie02: 5:02pm On Feb 05, 2012
GTB used to be the top customer friendly bank about 3-5 years ago, I hold a savings and current account with them which should be dormant by now, Banking with them became inconvenient with the huge non-complaining crowds in their few banking halls and ATMs.

While i wouldn't close my backup accounts with GTB, I feel much more comfortable having my major operational accounts with FBN which is indeed the most improved bank with sufficient local spread, global relevance, efficient ATM, mobile and Online banking services.

I hear there's a lot of stealing from UBA customers and there are several other banks with their seeming strengths. However,I'll keep these two as i believe they are the actual and only competitors in our banking industry.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by manmustwac(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2012
just before christmas i wanted to open an account with GTB bank here in london. I googled thier address and foundout they were just down the road from where i was working. So i went there enquired about what i need to do to open an account was told i needed my british passport proof of address but the thing that really got me was that i was told to bring £5000 shocked shocked as a deposit to activate the account. So now i think i'll have to wait till i visit nigeria before i open an account with them.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by mpmp: 11:28pm On Feb 05, 2012
superstar1:

"@ mpmp

why is Gtbank mastercard the most widely used by Nigerian students all over the world then. there are a lot of people that opens a/c with GTB whenever they want to travel, just because of their mastercard. Their internet banking is SO ON POINT.

why is Gtbank mastercard the most widely used by Nigerian students all over the world

where did you get your information from?

Nigerian students all over the world? for where? are you a marketting officer for the GTB?

You mean Nigerian students studying abroad would still be using their GTB cards? for what? shopping in America?

Isnt it cheaper to carry your money by hand, go open an account in your yankee city of residence and get a card instead?

For example: do you know that the service charges (converted to Dollars) for using a Mastercard issued by a Nigerian bank in the USA is more than the service charges for using your US-bank issued mastercard in Nigeria?

abeg, go back and get your facts right o.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by foluski: 11:51pm On Feb 05, 2012
@mpmp: I luv wat u did - it sounded more like a detective at work!! But I stil love my bank. wat I hear about other banks gives me cemented-to-the-ground & ice-cold feet!! only tryin out access on second thoughts
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 06, 2012
GTB is very customer-friendly. However, they need to stop putting 10 cashiers at the deposit couter, and only 1 cashier at the withdrawal counter
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 06, 2012
BTW, UBA is the worst bank in the whole world!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Odunnu: 6:13am On Feb 06, 2012
I would rather dig a hole and bury/save my money than bank with any of those other thrash they call banks here. GTBank is it, even though i've had cause to pick on them, I only did that to keep them on their feet.
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by foluski: 4:52pm On Feb 06, 2012
@nwanna89 pls wat is d meaning of BTW?
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by Jarus(m): 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2012
BTW: By The Way
Re: Nigerian Banks: I Think Gtb Is The Most Customer-friendly! by betty009(f): 12:18pm On Mar 08, 2012
I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Spends $1 Billion On Outsourcing Yearly / Alleged N8bn Fraud: EFCC Re-Arraigns Skye Bank Chair, Ayeni; MD, Oguntayo / How Can I Earn Legit Free Bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.