Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,679 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? (23445 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Replies Oshiomhole:How Much Did Dangote Contribute To Your Campaign? / Buhari Appoints Technocrats From The SS,SE And Politicians From SW / Igbobuofu.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by musiwa43: 10:53am On Feb 04, 2012
nwabobo, you list name, that is not contribution to nigeria economy.  What they need what does the state contribute to the nigeria economy.

Apart from anambra and cross river state which contribute palm oil and agric to the nigeria state, the other state in the east do not contribute anything to Nigeria.  The rest 7 states in the eastern , do not contribute anything to Nigeria.

This as to change. You see Jonathan Goodluck is not a very good manager. All this militia can be put into good use, not send them abroad.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 04, 2012
Nchara:

Dumb question as usual
The SE contributes:
Over 30% of the qualified human resources in Nigeria (education, quality labor force, sports, entertainment etc are people of SE origin). Without SE peoples there will be no super eagles, no female super eagles, no Nollywood, etc
Many of the professors in non-SE universities are Igbos
A significant % of university students all over Nigeria are Igbos, paying billions in IGR to fed and state govts in tuition
A significant % of self employed Nigerians are Igbos: self employment has contributed most in relieving the incompetent federal governments so far run by northerners ad SWner of the burden of providing jobs for the teeming population
Ebonyi is a food basket of Nigeria, which together with Benue and other food baskes save us billions in importation
Imo and Abia are among the oil and gas producing states- 80% of our foreign exchange comes from oil
Imo and Abia are among the 14 cocoa producing states====cocoa has become a good foreign exchange earner in recent times
Enugu has the highest coal reserve in Nigeria
Anambra has abundant oil and gas yet untouched
Igbos contribute in the development of other zones by building, conducting business, employing people from other places and paying taxes and other financial duties in those places
By being 80% of the importers who use the seaports, Igbos contribute to the second most important IGR earner in Nigeria: Custom and Exercise
By being 80% of those who use the international airports daily, Igbos sustain our airports in terms of money generation for the govt
Igbo researchers in Unudike, Abia states gave Nigera the first and only vitami A fortified cassava in Nigeria
Cassava is an important, if not the most important home staple in Nigeria. Research conducted by SE researchers in Umudike moved that crop to the level it is today
Igbos make teh highest foreing remittance in Nigeria
SE collects the least amount of all zones in Nigeria, that makes us least dependent on the center
I can go on and on and on

Guy please read my post to Nwabobo. I advise you go spend your lovely weekend with your love ones rather than trying to enlighten some fellow that are not worth the effort.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by buzor(m): 10:56am On Feb 04, 2012
@sheyguy re u doubtin d fact that igbos contributed in excess of 500billion to nig govt through importation or what.
common logic u dnt understand. did u pass ur gst 101?
oh i forgot that d amajiris no de go school and they dnt teach u dat in ur arabic schools
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Obijulius: 10:56am On Feb 04, 2012
dis debate is late & dead on arrival. we r now lookin @ a post-nigeria era. beggarly sw pls don't distract us. incestous lot.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by bulksms247(m): 11:00am On Feb 04, 2012
Una think say Dangote is the only richest man in Nigeria?. At least I know people in SE that are richer than dangote just because they don't make a hell of noise dats why. I know of one man who was stopped from buying properties in Imo, Abia and Anambra cause left alone he will buy all those states. So stop taking solace in dangote just because he is OBJ's boi and that he is tagged richest in nigeria or africa dosent mean that he is the richest. U guys are always tryin 2 hear wot de igbos have to say by always seeking their attention. Igbo People ride on una voice matters a lot in naija. Remove igbo from Nigeria naija is doomed
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 04, 2012
musiwa,,.:

nwabobo, you list name, that is not contribution to nigeria economy.  What they need what does the state contribute to the nigeria economy.

Apart from anambra and cross river state which contribute palm oil and agric to the nigeria state, the other state in the east do not contribute anything to Nigeria.  The rest 7 states in the eastern , do not contribute anything to Nigeria.

This as to change. You see Jonathan Goodluck is not a very good manager. All this militia can be put into good use, not send them abroad.

Musiwa am not surprise at all. Am sure if not for anything over 60% of the inhabitant of most of the states your pointing fingers at do not depend on government for anything. They take care of themselves and as you know the stat speaks for itself when it comes to poverty level in Nigeria and am dead sure you can say that about your state. For the record maybe your inferential skills may not be as high as that of a eight grader but the bottom line is,those guys you are pointing accusing fingers at contributes towards emancipating themselves from the poverty which your folks and th folks from the North have foisted on Nigerians over time with their bad and corrupt leadership.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by musiwa43: 11:02am On Feb 04, 2012
what we are saying is that this state are not contributing anything to the economy, not the people living there. but the state govt.
The reason for militia from the eastern is because the east does not contribute anything to Nigeria.  This is why. Your question is how do you make them contribute to Nigeria.

Look when I lived in the north . I own a farm about several acre of land. And I employed about 10 northerners to work for me. I was young.  I was not married , just came out of the university. This people I employ were married people.  I started the farm with zero naira.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by buzor(m): 11:06am On Feb 04, 2012
i guess the amajiri musiwa was educated through community money.
i advice u to better find d solution to disease, hunger and poverty ravagin d core north than wastin ur time arguin shi.i.t on nl
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 11:06am On Feb 04, 2012
musiwa,,.:

what we are saying is that this state are not contributing anything to the economy, it does not mean they are depending on govt.

The reason for militia from the eastern is because the east does not contribute anything to Nigeria.  This is why. Your question is how do you make them contribute to Nigeria.

Look when I lived in the north . I own a farm about several acre of land. And I employed about 10 northerners to work for me. I was young.  I was not married , just came out of the university. This people I employ were married people.

What does SW contribute to Nigeria?
Why do we have hordes of deadly motor park touts, almajiris and the worst money-making ritualists and armed robbers in the SW?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 11:07am On Feb 04, 2012
Dumb question as usual
The SE contributes:
Over 30% of the qualified human resources in Nigeria (education, quality labor force, sports, entertainment etc are people of SE origin). Without SE peoples there will be no super eagles, no female super eagles, no Nollywood, etc
Many of the professors in non-SE universities are Igbos
A significant % of university students all over Nigeria are Igbos, paying billions in IGR to fed and state govts in tuition
A significant % of self employed Nigerians are Igbos: self employment has contributed most in relieving the incompetent federal governments so far run by northerners ad SWner of the burden of providing jobs for the teeming population
Ebonyi is a food basket of Nigeria, which together with Benue and other food baskes save us billions in importation
Imo and Abia are among the oil and gas producing states- 80% of our foreign exchange comes from oil
Imo and Abia are among the 14 cocoa producing states====cocoa has become a good foreign exchange earner in recent times
Enugu has the highest coal reserve in Nigeria
Anambra has abundant oil and gas yet untouched
Igbos contribute in the development of other zones by building, conducting business, employing people from other places and paying taxes and other financial duties in those places
By being 80% of the importers who use the seaports, Igbos contribute to the second most important IGR earner in Nigeria: Custom and Exercise
By being 80% of those who use the international airports daily, Igbos sustain our airports in terms of money generation for the govt
Igbo researchers in Unudike, Abia states gave Nigera the first and only vitami A fortified cassava in Nigeria
Cassava is an important, if not the most important home staple in Nigeria. Research conducted by SE researchers in Umudike moved that crop to the level it is today
Igbos make the highest foreign remittance in Nigeria helping to alleviate poverty in Nigeria, even if in the SE.
Even though 2 SE states contribute in generating the oil money that sustains us, the SE collects the least amount of all zones in fed money, that makes us least dependent on the center
The SE (together withe the SS) has contributed least in the federal corruption and misgovervance in Nigeria. I can go on and on and on
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by nwabobo: 11:08am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

You are not getting it. he said most of the sucessful business men in Lagos are igbos. Aliko Dongete for example is richer than the whole south eastern business men in Lagos put together.

Mike Adenuga nko?? Wale Tinubu nko?? Dantata nko??

Dude, you are the one not getting it here. I listed some notable human capital that Anambra state alone has contributed to Nigeria and that is in line with the topic. Now, in case you don't know, wealth in the South East is not centralized unlike in the North where a man can be feeding the whole village. In Anambra state where I come from, there is hardly a nuclear family without a millionaire in it. For every Dangote you mention, I can list the Ibetos, Coscharis, Innoson,  Emzor, Ekene Dili chukwu, Chisco etc all from the same Local Government Area. Can you do that for ur state?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 04, 2012
musiwa,,.:

what we are saying is that this state are not contributing anything to the economy, not the people living there. but the state govt.

Look when I lived in the north . I own a farm about several acre of land. And I employed about 10 northerners to work for me. I was young.  I was not married , just came out of the university. This people I employ were married people.  I started the farm with zero naira.

Musiwa you are not being logical here. In a football team while do you have people with different roles? Are you saying because the defender did not school a goal so he didn't contribute anything towards the success of the team. Have you ever thought of it this way, if the Igbos were to be like the Northerns waiting for handout from the government what do you think Nigeria as a whole would look like? If you wouldn't mind look at my first post, I try as much as I can to make this post educative and informative.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by musiwa43: 11:10am On Feb 04, 2012
The western niger

Is the world third largest producer of cocoa.
It is the world second largest producer of cassava.
It is the world fourth world largest producer of yam
It is the world firth largest producer of corn
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 11:11am On Feb 04, 2012
nwabobo:

Dude, you are the one not getting it here. I listed some notable human capital that Anambra state alone has contributed to Nigeria and that is in line with the topic. Now, in case you don't know, wealth in the South East is not centralized unlike in the North where a man can be feeding the whole village. In Anambra state where I come from, there is hardly a nuclear family without a millionaire in it. For every Dangote you mention, I can list the Ibetos, Coscharis, Innoson,  Emzor, Ekene Dili chukwu, Chisco etc all from the same Local Government Area. Can you do that for ur state?

On the bolded please add the SW. Adedibu was feeding the entire poor in Ibadan on daily basis. There is no difference in the crude poverty in the SW and the North.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 11:11am On Feb 04, 2012
Go back and read the post you qouted me and stop muddling up things.

nwabobo:

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 04, 2012
I wonder how people, old ones at that reason like kids. Let do a little Math, Dangote is reacher than all the Igbo business men put together granted. Am sure with all dangote's investment his work force are not up to the size of half the trader in Onitsha main market. If that is the case in terms of labour and empowerment do you guys still think that dangote does more than the Igbos? Am sure most of you would not answer this.

Abeg make I go look for something hold jarre!! grin grin grin
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 11:13am On Feb 04, 2012
musiwa,,.:

The western niger

Is the world third largest producer of cocoa.
[s]It is the world second largest producer of cassava.
It is the world firth largest producer of corn [/s]

Lies and false claims
And the money generated from coacoa comes from all 14 cocoa-producing states in Nigeria with Ondo being the highest, I agree.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 11:15am On Feb 04, 2012
Yet, Kano alone is deporting 3 miilion Igbo parasites from their state. wonders!!!

Nchara:

On the bolded please add the SW. Adedibu was feeding the entire poor in Ibadan on daily basis. There is no difference in the crude poverty in the SW and the North.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by nwabobo: 11:16am On Feb 04, 2012
That is how they were claiming that South Westerners were going to school more that their South Eastern counterparts until they were busted here;

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-237534.0.html
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by bigsean(m): 11:16am On Feb 04, 2012
The premise of this topic is very very wrong, sorry i cant contribute to an illogically tot out topic.
You of all people know the corruption and tribal/racist culture in Nigeria has literally paralyzed the whole system and ur ask question like this.
NO comment!
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 11:19am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

Yet, Kano alone is deporting 3 miilion Igbo parasites from their state. wonders!!!

It means you do not know the meaning of parasites. Those people and their families were all gainfully employed, some even employing kano people. I will send you a check for 500 USD if you show me where Igbos in Kano are reported to be beging for food and money like Yoruas and their northern cousins. And BTW, no one is deporting them. They are leaving for their safety of their own free will. You are a blatant liar.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 11:27am On Feb 04, 2012
That is the true meaning of parasites. if not, what are 3 miilion Igbos doing in kano? even in the face of terrorism and killings? They cant survive in the south east, cos south east has nothing to offer them. If not, what do igbo men have in common with a Kano man?

Remember, kano is a poor and backward state according to you.

par·a·site [párrə st]
(plural par·a·sites)
noun

1.  organism living on another: a plant or animal that lives on or in another, usually larger, host organism in a way that harms or is of no advantage to the host

2.  scrounger: somebody who exploits others without doing anything in return

[Mid-16th century. Via Latin < Greek parasitos "somebody who eats from another's table" < sitos "grain, food"]
Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Nchara:

It means you do not know the meaning of parasites. Those people and their families were all gainfully employed, some even employing kano people. I will send you a check for 500 USD if you show me where Igbos in Kano are reported to be beging for food and money like Yoruas and their northern cousins. And BTW, no one is deporting them. They are leaving for their safety of their own free will. You are a blatant liar.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Ikology(m): 11:29am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

Looking for scape goatt?? Face the topic or scram!!

Dude, people don't just become billionaires overnight, how did Dangote, Adenuga, Wale tinubu came into the lime light? They are being used by our former generals (IBB and OBJ ) and Tinubu to recycle their loot. Baba Iyabo used his wicked policies to witch hunt our brother Ibeto, leaving cement importation solely for D

angote,Looters

[quote][/quote]
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by musiwa43: 11:30am On Feb 04, 2012
Nchara why did you cancel the following.

It is the world second largest producer of cassava.
It is the world firth largest producer of corn

Do your research. Nigeria is the second largest producer of cassava in the world.    They do not produce cassava in the north. The garri , most nigerian eat is from the Western niger.  what do you think the major occupation in yorubaland is. Farming. Do you think lagos is the only city in Yorubaland. There are more than 6000 towns and villages in yorubaland.

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 11:34am On Feb 04, 2012
So, they are all thieves and only igbos do genuine business?? you clowns should stop displaying your expired victim cards.

Ikology:

Dude, people don't just become billionaires overnight, how did Dangote, Adenuga, Wale tinubu came into the lime light? They are being used by our former generals (IBB and OBJ ) and Tinubu to recycle their loot. Baba Iyabo used his wicked policies to witch hunt our brother Ibeto, leaving cement importation solely for D

angote,Looters

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by musiwa43: 11:39am On Feb 04, 2012
it is hard for other nigerian.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 11:41am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

That is the true meaning of parasites. if not, what are 3 miilion Igbos doing in kano? even in the face of terrorism and killings? They cant survive in the south east, cos south east has nothing to offer them. If not, what do igbo men have in common with a Kano man?

Remember, kano is a poor and backward state according to you.

Tell me how Igbos in Kano exploit Kano
What does kano give to them? Do they get fed by Kano?
Those people pay their taxes and levies and rents and all such things, no?
Does your claim also mean that SW has nothing to offer the millions of Yorubas living elsewhere outside the SW, including in the SE?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Obiagu1(m): 11:44am On Feb 04, 2012
If you want to know what the East (SE/SS) contribute to Nigeria, walk around Abuja and appreciate her beauty, ask the FCT minister to furnish you the list of home owners in that beautiful city, when you're done going through it, then you will thank the East for providing you a place to live.

If you're not happy and ask why only Abuja, then go to your village and ask you need a house to rent and you don't want to rent from the natives, more than 99% damn houses that will pop up belong to Easterners.

Then the question reverts to, what does the SW contribute to Nigeria?
Answer: NOTHING!

Link: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-859996.0.html
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Beaf: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:
So, dangote, Jimoh ibrahim, Otedola, wale tinubu, dantata, ben bruce, alex ibru, are all from south east Na war for you oo.

Add other obvious names like Rewane.

Isn't it funny that the bolded are from the SS? Clown.
The SS also owns most of the big press and huge swathes of the banking industry and stock exchange in Nigeria. Dunce.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by LogicMind: 11:49am On Feb 04, 2012
as SE does not contribute anything to nigeria, can they be allowed to go and form their own country?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by jonc20: 11:50am On Feb 04, 2012
Are you really serious? grin grin
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 11:55am On Feb 04, 2012
Beaf:

Add other obvious names like Rewane.

Isn't it funny that the bolded are from the SS? Clown.
The SS also owns most of the big press and huge swathes of the banking industry and stock exchange in Nigeria. Dunce.

That is how they claim grin grin grin grin grin. They only own local champions like Punch, Tribune and Nation. The really big papers are owned by SS (many Igbo by origin) and SE people.
Apart from the oil selling companies which we now know are thieving cabals, I do not remember any notable company owned by a Yoruba.
Glo is owned by IBB and not Adenuga.Most companies in Lagos are owned by outsiders or by the public (all Nigerians) or are multi nationals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Saraki, Tambuwal At A Wedding Ceremony In Sokoto. Pics / Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / Pictures Of A Short-cut Into Ikeja Police Barracks By Mobolaji Bank-anthony Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.