Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? (23463 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Replies Oshiomhole:How Much Did Dangote Contribute To Your Campaign? / Buhari Appoints Technocrats From The SS,SE And Politicians From SW / Igbobuofu.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 2:16pm On Feb 04, 2012
Trust the Igbos to start it, already they are digging a pit for themselves in the NC and SW with their claims.

can only take place in the rep of abokiland!!!

sorry about that
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by aljharem(m): 2:17pm On Feb 04, 2012
reporter?:

First, you are reading too much to the ongoing e-warfare on NL. There is no hatred amongst Southerners. I do know for a fact that Yoruba ppl have no animosity
towards any one in particuar. I assume you've lived amongst Yoruba and  going by your personal experience, were you hated for being from a different region? If anything, Ibos are the only hate-filled Southerners. Most other Southerners are indifferent to each other. No love no hate.
I do agree with you that if there ever was a war in the South that Rwanda would be a child's play. The reason wouldn't be because Southerners hate each other, our diversity would be the main reason.

dude there is no animosity among southerners because you live in the SW, SS

when last have you been to abia and call yourself a yoruba man ? stop deceiving yourself

this people don't like you, infact right from the inception of nigeria they have always been against yorubas from Nnamdi and co.

It is a shame though
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 2:19pm On Feb 04, 2012
Igbos on NL brought out the topic first so that is why we want to show you people who you really are.

There is no point in saying the SE contributes alot when they contribute the least.

kill urself!!
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 2:20pm On Feb 04, 2012

when last have you been to abia and call yourself a yoruba man ? stop deceiving yourself

this people don't like you, infact right from the inception of nigeria they have always been against yorubas from Nnamdi and co.

It is a shame though

dude kill urself!!
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 2:21pm On Feb 04, 2012
reporter?:

I am sure you do not believe your own garbage.  SW is the only region in Nigeria that has any viable industries left.  Lagos alone accounts for almost 70 percent of industries in Nigeria.
Sango-Ota and Abgara estate in Ogun state have more industries than the entire SE region!  If you care, please list the major industries by name in SE and let's compare with Ogun alone. I mean functional corps and not some mom and pop crap.  I forgot, all the industries in Lagos and Ogun are owned by Ibos.

80% of the industries in Lagos are not owned by Yorubas
Of those not owned by Yorubas, many are owned by Igbos. I cant even begin to list them
You lie about industry viability elsewhere. You need to visit Nnewi and parts of Enugu and Abia.
Agbara Industrial estate contains 100% multinationals not owned by Yorubas and branches of those companies such as PZ, Nestle, etc are also in Aba
In fact the biggest brewery in Africa is in Enugu state, yet the h/q of the parent company  (NBL) is in Lagos

The question is how many Nigerian companies are owned by Igbos versus Yoruba?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2012
jason123:

Bruv, notice Imo and Abia wasn't mentioned at all?! Well, I could not get the exact table I saw cause I can't be bookmarking stuffs like that on my PC for NL battles. This is the closest I could find. cool

Well get the full list of daily oil contribution. Only then can we begin to talk. We know how Nigerian journalists dish our half-baked news.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Dede1(m): 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2012
alj harem:

Trust the Igbos to start it, already they are digging a pit for themselves in the NC and SW with their claims.

Ndigbo are not afraid and will not hesitate for a moment to engage any ethnic group in Nigeria on the war path.

All these loudmouthed punks from Swest, North and so-called SS should realize that without military and economic help from Britain, USSR, Australia, Egypt, Arab League of Nations, Chad, Niger and Cameroon, Biafra led by Igbo would have taught Nigeria the same lesson Sokoto Caliphate received on both ears in 19th century.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 2:24pm On Feb 04, 2012
woodcook:

are u saying the industries are owned by the yorubas' alone? scratching my head.

That is what he is claiming.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2012
alj harem:

even with evidence you still think say easterners undecided turst me you are just delusional

SE contributes only half for what SW contributes

SS is the highest because of Oil.

Well good luck, I never intended to change your mind anyway

I just wanted to show you the mirror tht is all

What does the SW contribute to Nigeria?
Can you define IGR? Can you differentiate federal IGR from state IGR? Does IGR generated in Ondo get sent to Abuja? If not, what has state IGR got to do with contribution to Nigeria?
How do SW states (minus Igbo people in those states) generate more revenue for the country than SE states?
Do you care to know that some of the IGR in SW states come from Igbos there?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Reggie2(m): 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2012
I don't get it. The battle line is between the Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba against Ndigbo. The ss hang fearfully on the fence unsure of itself. Wetin be the real problem? Jealousy? This was the picture during Biafra. The Middle belt, I guess may not be willing to continue a gruesome marriage with the core north to massacre Ndigbo. Sensing this posture, BH will soon turn loose on them. Does mere boastfulness of self acclaimed success justify wanton killing of persons? I suppose Igbo pride made the colonial powers to subjugate the Igbo nation; it cost us Biafra because the white folks could not tolerate our self confidence and pride. Every Igbo related post in nl points to Igbo boastfulness and arrogance.

Some posts are mere manifestation of stupidity and ignorance. It is either we are a country or we are not! Everyone is free to live (legally) in every part of the globe. Why can't Nigerian live and work freely in any part of the country? What does the constitution say? Some communities are burying their dead, not out of natural disaster, but hacked down by fellow Nigerians who adduce unclear motives. This is food for thought for every enlightened mind irrespective of tribe.

@ poster

I guess you are enjoying the many pages your post has generated. Don't beat your chest yet in self congratulation. Nigeria's woes are hydra headed. Looking through a crystal ball into the future of the country is worrisome indeed. I fear our dear country. History has an ugly way of repeating itself if issues of previous events are not addressed. When we tell lies to masquerade reality, we make ourselves principal actors in a tragic drama sketch.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by BlackPikiN(m): 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2012
alj harem:

It is a shame though

satan punish you this weekend!

Go ask the large Yoruba community in Orlu and Aba.
I have never in my life ever heard of any wrongdoing to the yorubas living in any part of Igboland.
Dnt f0rking bring up the Onitsha nonsense.
If you have any evidence bring it up now!

Amonsu dikagi!
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by jason123: 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2012
@Chmod777
Please educate yourself before talking.

kettykin:

From the the Fictitous list flying around the internet one wonders how Edo stat and OYo stat generated more Revenue than Bayelsa, wonders shall really never cease , Revisionist Analyst at work .

All Bayelsea produces is Oil. What else do they produce Just ONE OTHER PRODUCT?! Edo and Oyo have cities! Benin city is one of the most ancient in West africa ad there are other sources of revenue apart from Oil in Edo state. Oyo (Ibadan) was the largest city in West africa and is still one of the largest.

City Country City Population Urban Area Population Urban Area Rank [World] City Pop Rank [World] Urban Area Rank [Africa] City Pop Rank [Africa]
Lagos Nigeria 8029200 9123200 27 15 2 1
Abidjan Cote d' Ivoire (Ivory Coast) 3310500 3972300 70 51 7 6
Kano Nigeria 3248700 3519500 88 53 10 7
Ibadan Nigeria 3078400 3670400 78 54 9 8

http://www.mongabay.com/igapo/West_Africa.htm
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Obiagu1(m): 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2012
Reggie2:

I don't get it. The battle line is between the Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba against Ndigbo. The ss hang fearfully on the fence unsure of itself. Wetin be the real problem? Jealousy? This was the picture during Biafra. The Middle belt, I guess may not be willing to continue a gruesome marriage with the core north to massacre Ndigbo. Sensing this posture, BH will soon turn loose on them. Does mere boastfulness of self acclaimed success justify wanton killing of persons? I suppose Igbo pride made the colonial powers to subjugate the Igbo nation; it cost us Biafra because the white folks could not tolerate our self confidence and pride. Every Igbo related post in nl points to Igbo boastfulness and arrogance.

Some posts are mere manifestation of stupidity and ignorance. It is either we are a country or we are not! Everyone is free to live (legally) in every part of the globe. Why can't Nigerian live and work freely in any part of the country? What does the constitution say? Some communities are burying their dead, not out of natural disaster, but hacked down by fellow Nigerians who adduce unclear motives. This is food for thought for every enlightened mind irrespective of tribe.

@ poster

I guess you are enjoying the many pages your post has generated. Don't beat your chest yet in self congratulation. Nigeria's woes are hydra headed. Looking through a crystal ball into the future of the country is worrisome indeed. I fear our dear country. History has an ugly way of repeating itself if issues of previous events are not addressed. When we tell lies to masquerade reality, we make ourselves principal actors in a tragic drama sketch.  

So all you saw was Igbo boastfulness and arrogance
Are you using binoculars to read rather than the right eye glasses?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by chino11(m): 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2012
The real development that made America, Japan and China world giants. Alaigbo SE has entered the terraine. This is the real economic advancement and not some fake oluwale multiple degrees.

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Obiagu1(m): 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2012
^^^

This is not Anambra post.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by chino11(m): 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2012
^ Don't misunderstand my post, am referring to Alaigbo
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by chino11(m): 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2012
Innoson plant Anambra, SE

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by chino11(m): 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2012
GEJ commissioning Innoson plant Anambra, SE

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by chino11(m): 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2012
Innoson plant Anambra, SE

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by reporter1: 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2012
Nchara:

80% of the industries in Lagos are not owned by Yorubas
Of those not owned by Yorubas, many are owned by Igbos. I cant even begin to list them
You lie about industry viability elsewhere. You need to visit Nnewi and parts of Enugu and Abia.
Agbara Industrial estate contains 100% multinationals not owned by Yorubas and branches of those companies such as PZ, Nestle, etc are also in Aba
In fact the biggest brewery in Africa is in Enugu state, yet the h/q of the parent company  (NBL) is in Lagos

The question is how many Nigerian companies are owned by Igbos versus Yoruba?

Your point is baseless.  The question is about regions. The largest employer aside of FG in Nigeria is Dangote, an Hausa, base in SW. The large chunk of industries in Lagos are owned by Yoruba with mixture of others. The bottom line is that SW produces more than any region in Nigeria period. SE is the least despite what you might want us to believe.

People by nature gravitate to where economic opportunities abound. The trend in Nigeria is obvious. As I type, SW is welcoming another economic refugee from SE.
It's all good. We accept all comers without malice.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by ak47mann(m): 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2012
The most high have a special love for igbos,strong enough to take the pain inflicted again and again,what do they call me! my name is Strong Strong cool cool
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Obijulius: 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2012
y do chevron and mobil still av their head offices in lag. wen nigeria divides we go know far. d ports wil surely die.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by chino11(m): 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2012
What economic contribution could be more than this:

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2012
Alj-harem,

You miss the whole point, what has revenue generation got to do with contribution to economy?  shocked shocked shocked Although I don acknowledge that IGR is directly related to economic fiscal policies such as taxes etc, but that does not answer the question of what contributes to the economy. Rather than arguing on false rumors, my advice is to take a look at

1. What contributes to the growth and development of Nigerian economy (or GDP)?

2. What are their components and sub-components and how do they measure up across regions?

A lot of you guys call oil, oil contributes about 14% to our economy (third), Retail trade contributes about 19% to our economy (second), while Agriculture contributes about 43% (First) to our economy. Having seen that about 73% of our economy comes from these, I was expecting someone to explain further how these components attribute to each region and their contribution.

This is one of the reasons why I like to stay away from topics like this because it's hard explaining certain things for some folks
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by ak47mann(m): 3:02pm On Feb 04, 2012
chino11:

this is what we call human resources,i can brag to my white friends with those pictures you just posted wink and i see the way they look at me as we are different from other black people cool when i show them our gas/oil re-severed they didn't show much respect to me,and i knew why,but when i show them IVM cars and trucks their discussion with me changed suddenly they want to know more about Nigeria,remember i dint brag to them that those cars and trucks came from a particular region i think i will start doing that so they can see we are different from these terrorist and unproductive set of people,waiting for them to come and buy our oil for them to eat.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by ak47mann(m): 3:05pm On Feb 04, 2012
chino11:

they forgot that 1600 buses most of them came from IVM cool
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Dede1(m): 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2012
Reggie2:

@ poster

It was not act of loudmouth or boastfulness that Europeans decide to subjugate Ndigbo. It was through sheer hard work and unflinching determination of Ndigbo to survive in any environment they found them selves.

These characteristics have also engendered the type of envy, jealousy and hatred exhibited by other ethnicities towards Ndigbo in Nigeria.

You wrote “Everyone is free to live (legally) in every part of the globe. Why can't Nigerian live and work freely in any part of the country? What does the constitution say? Some communities are burying their dead, not out of natural disaster, but hacked down by fellow Nigerians who adduce unclear motives.”

Have Ndigbo in any shape or form acted to inhibit any Nigerian from living freely or participated in the act of wanton destruction of lives and properties that belonged to other Nigerians unprovoked or involved in the seizure of properties that belonged to non-Igbo or contravened the dictates of the so-called Nigerian constitution?

Rather, they have been accused of too aggressiveness, arrogance, even close knitted in business, fearless, greedy, or lack of real estate to accommodate Igbo forced them to move to other parts of Nigeria and attempt to take over other peoples’ land.

I do not know what actually informed your stream of thought but mine indicated that Nigeria is not home for Ndigbo
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 3:13pm On Feb 04, 2012
reporter?:

Your point is baseless.  The question is about regions. The largest employer aside of FG in Nigeria is Dangote, an Hausa, base in SW. The large chunk of industries in Lagos are owned by Yoruba with mixture of others. The bottom line is that SW produces more than any region in Nigeria period. SE is the least despite what you might want us to believe.

People by nature gravitate to where economic opportunities abound. The trend in Nigeria is obvious. As I type, SW is welcoming another economic refugee from SE.
It's all good. We accept all comers without malice.

It is not simply about regions. It is about who owns what in any region. Otherwise, you will have to explain why the average Yoruba even in their own land is by far poorer than Igbos in Yorubaland. Dangote cannot employ more people than the oil industry. Neither can you discount the millions of Igbos who are gainfully self employed all over Nigeria and paying their taxes wherever they live. That fact of self employment again explains why poverty is least among the Igbos. SE is the least in what? Can you make yourself clear? If you mean state IGR, what has that got to do with the contrubution to the nation? Is IGR generated in Oyo sent to Abuja as a contribution to the federal purse by Oyo? Your point is completely forlorn. If people gravitate to whareva you claim, what are Yorubas doing in the East (SS and PH). Do you know the thousand of Yorubas working in the oil companies outside Yorubaland and those driving taxis and selling agbo and mamput in Igboland? What are they doing in those places if their land is rosy? Most Igbos in SW and North go there not because it is rosy (otherwise we would see the rosiness in the indigenes). They go there to exploit their talent in one or two things. Note that average Igbos in Igbo land are also doing better than average SWners. All the facts are here on NL.

I repeat, only about 10% of companies in Lagos are owned by Yorubas.  The rest are by Igbos. The few rich Yorubas grab everything leaving the prependerance of their people in the lurch. The bulk of companies in Lagos are owned by other Nigerians and foreigners (multinationals). All the companies in Agbara are multinationals and many of them also have branches in the East. That is why most Yorubas are poor. 95% of teh wealth in Igboland is Igbo-owned. Only about 40% of the wealth in Yorubaland is Yoruba owned. Igbos owne a good cunk of the ewalth in Lagos. Go figure
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Dede1(m): 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2012
chino11:

Are these the 30 passenger capacity buses?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by chino11(m): 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2012
ak47mann:

this is what we call human resources,i can brag to my white friends with those pictures you just posted wink and i see the way they look at me as we are different from other black people cool when i show them our gas/oil re-severed they didn't show much respect to me,and i knew why,but when i show them IVM cars and trucks their discussion with me changed suddenly they want to know more about Nigeria,remember i dint brag to them that those cars and trucks came from a particular region i think i will start doing that so they can see we are different from these terrorist and unproductive set of people,waiting for them to come and buy our oil for them to eat.

Nwanne mu biko tell the oyibos for Europe say na Alaigbo be da bomb.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by bilaya(m): 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2012
This topic has finally confirmed alh harem as a bigot and Igbo hater.Useless swine
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by ak47mann(m): 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2012
chino11:

Nwanne mu biko tell the oyibos for Europe say na Alaigbo be da bomb.
i have been doing that already  cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

President-Elect Buhari Received 15 Ambassadors And The President Of Chad(Pics). / I’ll Complete 2nd Niger Bridge Because Of My Wife, Says Atiku / Oshiomhole Visits Senate Chief Whip, Orji Kalu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.