Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

How To Heal The Sick - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Heal The Sick (984 Views)

Why Mahama Can Heal The “cripples” Pastor Chris Could Not Heal (A MUST READ) / Does Allah Heal The Sick? / I Want Prophet Tb Joshua To Heal My Heart Disease- Any Synagogue Member Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Heal The Sick by staggerman(m): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2012
Healing

Most people want to wait until they "feel" anointed before they try to minister to someone.
Some have even been taught that they MUST wait until they feel anointed to minister.
NO WHERE are Christians told to wait to minister to anyone.
As a matter of fact, we are told to preach the word in season and out. The original greek of that verse says, "when opportunity presents itself and when it doesn't".
That means that it is always the right time to minister the Word.
The Bible says that the Gospel IS the power of God unto salvation,
If the Good News is the power of God and we are to preach the Good News, then it must always be the right time to minister to anyone.
Many try to feel something, that they assume would be the anointing.
We are not told to wait for an anointing.
The early disciples were told to wait until they had received
power from on high or more specifically, they were told to wait
for the promise of the Father, which happens to be the same thing. They had to wait until the Day of Pentecost for the Holy Spirit to be released.
No where after that day are they told to wait. As a matter of fact they began to minister immediately after receiving the Holy Spirit.
Re: How To Heal The Sick by staggerman(m): 10:16am On Feb 04, 2012
It should be obvious to you by now that God will heal anyone, anywhere, anytime, of anything. He has healed sinners, saints, kings, peasants, men, women, children, prophets, pagans, and even those who were killing His people and persecuting the church. There is literally no one beyond God’s healing reach. The only prerequisite for healing has been and always will be faith. This is where some lose heart because they have been told that they must have faith. While this may be a common teaching today, it is not true. All that is required is that someone have faith. If the sick person does not have faith then it becomes the duty of the believer to believe (have faith) for them.
The hardest people to get healed is usually Christians because they feel that they have failed to live up to the Bible standard for the Christian, (which is true, because if we could live up to the standard on our own, Christ would not have had to die for us), so now they feel unworthy for God to heal them or they feel as though they must do something to make up for their wrongs and therefore become good enough to be healed. This is the trap Satan sets, first to tempt you to sin, then to condemn you for sinning so that you are unable to go to God and receive His forgiveness, if you do get that far, he will still continually keep you beat down by the weight and guilt of the fact that you sinned which keeps you ineffective in the Kingdom of God. Remember, the size of the gift from the Giver does not depend upon the goodness of the messenger or the worthiness of the receiver. Just believe that God is bigger than your sin and receive the free gift of healing just as you did salvation. The same goes for the one ministering healing. Just keep laying hands on people and praying the prayer of faith, regardless of what you are going through. If God could only use perfect people to work through He would never get anything done. He uses what has been made AVAILABLE to Him.
I. Take Heed to what you hear.Mark 4:24-29 – 24. And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given. 25. For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath. 26. And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; 27. And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. 28. For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. 29. But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come. (KIV)
II. He that heareth My Sayings and doeth them not is a fool. Luke 6:47-49 – 47. Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48. He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 49. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great. (KJV)
III.To Whom Much is given, much is required.Luke 12:42-48 – 42. And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43. Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44. Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45. But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46. The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47. And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. (KJV)
IV. He that knows to do good and doeth it not it is sin.James 4:17 - Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
V. Jesus went about doing good and healing all, Acts 10:38 - How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. (KJV)
VI. Walk in the light you have. - Luke 12:48 - But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. (KJV)
VII. The Golden Rule.Matthew 7:12 - Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. (KJV)
(This tells us that if we were sick and we knew of someone that had the power of God to heal the sick (aka: The Baptism of the Holy Spirit) and we would want them to come to us, then we are morally obligated to go to them and pray the prayer of faith and get them healed.)
Re: How To Heal The Sick by staggerman(m): 10:18am On Feb 04, 2012
John G. Lake’s Secrets of Divine Healing
1. Destroy sacred cows concerning sickness and power
2. Recognize sickness and disease as an enemy
3. Get Fed Up
4. Treat all sickness the same
5. Treat all sickness like a person
6. Command not beg
7. Speak to the problem – not to others about the problem
8. See people as oppressed prisoners of war
9. Get clean – stay clean
10. Stay out of pride – anyone could do what you are doing
11. Be aggressive – develop your aggressiveness
12. Be led by God’s character and nature
13. Accept responsibility for your fellow man.
14. Decide to obey the Bible, not some arbitrary feeling
15. Know that God is with you, in you, and for you
Re: How To Heal The Sick by Joagbaje(m): 10:31am On Feb 04, 2012
Thanks for a nice thread. I'm really interested in those John G lake principles. Which one of his books can I find them?
Re: How To Heal The Sick by staggerman(m): 10:37am On Feb 04, 2012
HOW TO MINISTER HEALING

1 Determine problem
a Get name or
b symptoms
c find out what the person cannot do

2 If no name (can't be diagnosed)
a Attack (cast out, evict) the spirit of infirmity

3 Declare the problem has no right to remain

4 Declare the person free in the Name of Jesus

5 Deliver life (power, virtue) by the method you choose:
- laying on of hands
- Words
- Prayer cloth
- Action to be obeyed

6 Tell the body what you want it to do:
- "Be healed"
- "System function" etc.

7 Tell the person to do what they couldn't do before
a Keep working with them until they can do what they couldn't do before

8 Have them testify of any change
Re: How To Heal The Sick by staggerman(m): 10:50am On Feb 04, 2012
You need people that encourage you. You know iron sharpens iron. You need to be around people like that. Don’t be around people that dull you. Life’s too short. Be around people that sharpen you. See if you can sharpen them. If they don’t want to be sharpened, get away from them. It’s just that simple. There are people that Satan will send to sap you of your energy. You need to able to find out who those people are and get away from them. Any minister knows exactly what I’m talking about.
Matthew 7:24,

“Therefore whosoever heareth these saying of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him as unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rains descended, and floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And everyone that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be liken unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: and the rains descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
“And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at His doctrine: For He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.”

I have people come to me and say, “I’m called. God’s called me to the ministry. He’s called me to go preach. He’s called me to do this or that.” The very first thing out of my mouth is, “What is your message?” If they can’t give it to me in a sentence. They’re not ready. It’s just that simple. Now I don’t mean that they are not called to preach at all. I’m just saying at that point they are not ready to launch out into ministry. Because every minister has a message.

To be sent of God you have to have a message. He’s going to tell you to go. But before He tells you to go, He’s going to give you a message for the people you are going to. My mandate from God is very clear. My Mandate from God, is to restore Biblical New Testament Christianity.

Now that’s not just revival, that’s revolution. It’s not just a healing ministry.

Do you realize, that no person really has just a healing ministry? And if you do you’re lopsided. Jesus did not have a healing ministry. The Apostle Paul said that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself. And then he said that Christ had given the ministry of reconciliation to Paul and to all of us. Jesus did not have a healing ministry per se. He had a ministry of reconciliation. And that is the same ministry any minister has. You are not called to do one thing. Now there may be one thing that stands out, but you are not called to do one thing.
You are called primarily to reconcile the world unto God by way of Jesus Christ. So whenever you are ministering to a person you are going to be reconciling people. Now if you are going to reconcile people you are doing one of three things. You are reconciling their spirit to God. You are reconciling their soul to God. Or you are reconciling their body to God.

When you reconcile someone’s body to God that’s healing. When you reconcile someone’s soul to God that is healing but it's emotional healing, it is soulish healing. It is a method of healing. It is renewing of the mind basically. That is the best way to say it. But whenever you renew, or reconcile, a person’s spirit to God we call that salvation. But it is all the same thing. It’s all just the life of Christ being ministered to a person.
One of those points is that whatever you tolerate will dominate you. That’s a fact. Whatever you tolerate. Sin dominated you as long as you tolerated it. When you got fed up with it, you got out of it. And if you didn’t get fed up with it you’re still in it. The best way to find out what sin a person is in, is to talk about a whole bunch of different sins and whichever one they defend that’s usually the sin they are in. Usually that is the best way to tell it. And you say, “Well, I’m not doing that.” If you are defending it you’re doing it in spirit. You are doing it in heart whether you work it out or not. So Jesus said, “If you’re not gathering with Me you are scattering.” So there has to be a unity of the Spirit, which is what Ephesians tells us. We have to have unity with the Spirit of God. Which means we are going the direction God is going.

You just heard what Jesus was teaching. Actually, He had taught Matthew 5 thru 7 and at the end He said, “Now you have heard my words. If you act on them you are smart. And no matter what happens you’ll stand. If you don’t act on them, you’re foolish and your house will fall.” Not, it can fall. It will fall. And it says that, “Great will be the fall of it.” So that means not only will it fall but when it falls it’s going to do some damage.

When He got finished saying that, it says, “And when it came to past when Jesus had ended these sayings the people were astonished at His doctrine.” And then it tells us why. “For He taught them as one having authority not as the Scribes.” The Scribes were basically the ones that the people really dealt with. The Scribes would all gather and say, “Well, Rabbi So and So said this. You know that could be true but this other Rabbi says this.” They would never come to a conclusion. They were the quintessential politicians. You could never pin them down on anything and they would always change from one thing to another. It wasn’t that they were trying to do that, they just didn’t know.

But Jesus comes along and says, “Look, it’s real simple. You do my words, you’re smart. You’ll stand. You don’t do my words, you’re foolish. You’ll fall.” All of a sudden the people are saying “wow” and they were astonished at His doctrine because He taught as one who had authority. You notice that one thing about Jesus, He never went and said, “Now wait a minute. Let me go check withJerusalem. Let me run down to the council there at Tulsarusalem and let’s see what they have to say.”

Now there is wise counsel and you should have counsel around you. People that you trust, that you know where they are going. You know that they love you and that they care for you. But also that they care for God and the ministry and they know what it is going. Once you get hold of something from God and you know it’s from God and you have proven it out in the Word of God go ahead and do it. I like what Davy Crockett said. “Make sure you’re right. Then go ahead.” Hey, I’m from Texas. What can I say?

There comes a time when you have to say, “You know what? I’ve heard from God.” When you do that, if you’ll make a stand God will back you up. As long as you’ve heard from God and it’s in His Word.

One of the things now that we see is that once again, for the most part, there is no Word being taught with authority. Ministers today speak with a total lack of authority. Because they don’t know. They are just preaching what they have heard someone else preach. You listen to a minister three times and you’ll hear four different opinions. From the same minister! Because of some new book he’s read. “This new book came out. Oh, everything is different now.” No, it’s the same book. It’s the Bible.

One thing that I can say about Dr. Lake is that he caused me to read the Bible without a preconceived idea. He caused me, by his writings, to challenge what I had been taught. And I had been taught by world-renowned teachers. I believed everything they said because I figured, “Well these guys are my spiritual leaders. They ought to know what they are talking about. I ought to listen to them.” And then I kept looking at things and saying, “This isn’t the way it’s supposed to be. If this is true, and I can see this, and I’m right, then surely these guys that are light years ahead of me see it. If they see it and are not talking about it then they are dishonest. So that would disqualify them from being my spiritual leaders. If they don’t see it then they are not real smart. And that would disqualify them from being my spiritual leaders.” So I had to decide whether I was going to listen to them or read the Bible and find out what the Bible said. Well, I stuck with the Bible. It has caused a lot of flack because we don’t toe a party line for the most part. To be honest I don’t care about a party line. I want to see people get healed. I want to see people get free. I want to see the Glory of God manifested in His church. That’s what I want to see.

Now the people “They were astonished at His doctrine because He taught as one that had authority.” He didn’t hem-haw around. He didn’t say, “Let me go and check with somebody else.” He said several times, “You’ve heard it said. But I say unto you.” Every time He fought the devil, He said, “It is written.” He always stuck with the Word.

Our problem is we think we are sticking with the Word. What we’re really doing is, we’re reading the Word, but we’re reading it through either our denomination, or our group or movement or whatever it is. We’re reading it through their eyes.

I have taken scriptures and said, “Now this is what it says. Now what does that mean to you?” And some one will say, “Oh, that says this.” I’ll wonder, “How did you get that out of this when it is so simple? We’re reading the same thing. One verse. I’m not talking about having to interpret. I’m talking about one verse. I would even get to the point where I would take a newspaper and say, “OK. Read this sentence to me.” And they would read it and I would read it. Now we both agree it says the same thing. How is it you can go to the Bible and all of sudden it means something totally different than what is written? I mean one sentence can be taken to mean something totally different. And when you get down to it it’s because of their traditions. Usually it is because people try to spiritualize what is written. They try to find the “hidden” meaning and they ignore the plain meaning. When that happens, usually the plain meaning would require them to do something.

But instead of wanting to do something, they just want to come up with some special revelation.

Something that will show people how “deep” they are, how “spiritual”. How foolish

, to be continued,
Re: How To Heal The Sick by staggerman(m): 11:01am On Feb 04, 2012
Jesus said, “You do err, not knowing the scriptures and the power of God.” Now that’s important. You need to make a note of that. “You do err, not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God.” If you don’t know the scriptures and the power of God you will err. Just a matter of time. Every minister should be able to manifest the power of God when needed. If they can’t, they should not be ministering.

Look at every cult. Every cult is in error for both reasons. They err because they don’t know the power of God. Every one of them. You look at the Jehovah Witnesses. They err because they don’t know the scriptures. You say, “Now wait. Jehovah Witnesses know scriptures.” No, they know the New World Translation. That’s what they know. They don’t know the scriptures and they don’t know the power of God because they will tell you that the power of God is passed away basically. Which is funny because then they say that the Holy Spirit is the power of God. So I guess the Holy Spirit died somewhere.

Any time that you don’t know the scriptures, or you don’t know power of God, then you are going to err. It’s just that simple.

Jesus made a statement. “…you make the Word of God of none effect by your traditions.” So anytime you are seeing results that differ from the Bible results - which is: Jesus healed them all, that’s Bible results – any time you see something different it is always your traditions that make the Word of God of none effect. Always, every time. What you have to do is start analyzing your doctrine. Paul told Timothy, “Take heed at what you’re teaching in your doctrine.” He said it’s because by your doctrine that you are going to save others and yourself. Doctrine is extremely important.

Now it shouldn’t be dead and dry. I have one minister back where I came from that told a friend of ours, (this friend was quoting some Word of Faith teaching), and this other man was a local Pastor and he said, “That’s good theology but in real life it doesn’t work that way.”

Well first off, if it’s good theology it will work that way. Secondly, if it doesn’t work that way in real life, it’s not good theology. Real good theology is practical. It doesn’t have to be dead and dried and drawn out. It’s practical.
Re: How To Heal The Sick by staggerman(m): 11:14am On Feb 04, 2012
So there are only two things that will ever nullify the Word of God. One is traditions of man and the other is unbelief. Now unbelief nullifies the Word of God in your life for you, or in your life for someone else that you are ministering to. But their unbelief won’t nullify the power of God working through your life even on their behalf. We’ve proven it. You say, “I don’t believe that.” Well what about the man with the demoniac son. The disciples tried to cast it out and said, “Lord, we couldn’t do it.”

The man came to Jesus and said, “Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief.” Obviously there was a mixture. Well you know if there is a mixture of belief and unbelief, unbelief over rules. Generally speaking. Jesus said, “All things are possible to him that believes.” And the boy got delivered. So the man’s unbelief, whatever amount there was, didn’t stop the boy from getting delivered.

See this is the tradition we have. Well they’ve got to be in perfect belief. They have to be right on. They have to everything just right. We have this long chart we go through and it’s a checklist.

I always joke like when you set up a computer you know it has this trouble-shooting thing. You know you’ve plugged it in. Now it doesn’t work. OK, check your plug. Make sure it’s really plugged into the socket. Now, check your power switch. Make sure it’s turned on. And you go down this list. Yes, done that. Still doesn’t work. OK, now go to this.

That’s what we do with healing. We tell a person, “Oh come serve the most magnificent awesome God. He is it. He is the creator of the universe but if you got mad and kicked the cat this morning, forget it. He can’t over rule that. He can create the world in six days but He can’t over rule you getting mad at the cat or somebody that you cut off on the highway.

That’s ridiculous.

The power of God will flow through anybody that will let it. And the power of God is available just like electricity.
James 1:17-

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.”

First off we want to find out why God heals. The answer is basically that God heals because it is His nature to save and heal. It is His nature. He can’t help it. God can’t help himself. He heals because it’s His nature. That’s what’s in Him.

You say, “Well I’m not too sure about that.” We’ve been taught that we have to coerce God, beg God, twist His arm, and prove how some people deserve it. You can’t do that.

The very thing that we tell people about healing, if they tried to do it with salvation, we’d run from them. Oh, salvation by works. No way. But we turn right around and do that with healing. People are taught that they can get healed by works but that they can’t get saved by works. Healing is salvation of the body. Salvation of the spirit is what we call salvation. But salvation of the body is healing.

The Bible says very clearly that God, “who forgives all your sins, all your iniquities, and heals all your diseases.” Isn’t that what it says? Now, if you can’t get your body healed, how do you know that you got your spirit saved? That’s in the same verse. If you ask me for a dollar and I say I don’t have a dollar but here’s a ten. If I will give you the ten dollars of course I would give you the dollar. Everybody says, “Well, healing, that’s nothing. Salvation of the spirit, that’s what counts.” Well if healing is “Nothing”, (even though since Jesus died for it, I don’t think I’d call it nothing. Because he did take a beating for it.) But let’s say it is the lesser of the two. Well, if I can get the greater, of course I can get the lesser. Right?

You don’t go buy a car and then say, “Oh yes I need some tires to go with that too. Can I get the tires too?” “That’ll be extra.” “No the tires come with the car.” Why because they are part of the car. That’s what makes it work. The Bible says, “He forgives all your iniquities. He heals all of your diseases.” So if you can’t get your body healed how do you know that your spirit is saved?

I have people say to me, “I just don’t believe that God heals today at all.”

I’ll say, “Really? What’s going to happen? What’s the next thing that’s going to happen in the church? “

They’ll answer, “Oh it’s the rapture. The rapture’s going to happen next. I’m sure of it.”

I then ask them, “Are you going in the rapture?”

They’ll say, “You bet.”

Then I’ll say to them:

“So you’re telling me that you can believe that in the twinkling of an eye God is going to change your physical, mortal body from corruptible to incorruptible. He’s going to change you that quick. You’re going to dematerialize, like on Star Trek, and get beamed out. God can do that. But He can’t fix something that’s wrong with your body now?”

“Well, that’s not what I’m saying.”

“That’s exactly what you’re saying. If you’re not saying that, you’re not saying anything. Because that is exactly what you are saying. So you can believe in a rapture but you can’t believe in a healing?”

(Please do not misconstrue this to mean that I don’t believe in the rapture, I’m am just making a point. The reason we believe in one and not the other is because one we’ve heard taught a lot and the other we haven’t.)

But yet we say we believe that “I’m saved” but can’t get your body healed. Now you can see why I’m careful about where I say that. Because you get a weak new Christian, baby Christian, and they can get scared and start thinking they are not saved. So I have to be real careful how I say that.

Now the reason I’m saying this is that we are finding out some things. I’m taking all of the doctrines, all the traditions, all the things, every reason why I’ve heard that God won’t heal and we are putting them to the test of the Word. And so far I haven’t found one that holds up. Not one. There is not one that holds up.

Even sin. Sin doesn’t stop the power of God. You can be in sin and still get healed. Now woe be to you if you remain in sin after you are healed. That’s why Jesus said, “Go and sin no more.” Obviously you should give up the sin.

But you know most people won’t give up sin until they see the power of God manifested in their body. They won’t do it because God’s not real even though they see it. Yes, you have to experience it. My job is to get people to experience the power of God. See I’m not here to really get you healed. I mean if you need to be healed then yes. We want to get you healed. Because, as a representative of Christ, you should have a healthy body. But my job is to get you out ministering healing to others. That’s my job.

You don’t turn it on, turn it off. People talk about turning on the anointing. Turning off the anointing. The anointing coming and going? The anointing doesn’t come and go. You come and go. The Holy Spirit is the anointing and He’s always on. He always wants people well. He’s ready. Most of the time it’s from your own physical or your own mind won’t stand up to the strain of continuous activity of the Holy Spirit. All that revival is is whenever Christians start to obey the scriptures again and the Spirit is able to move freely through them. The Holy Spirit only acts on the Word of God. And if you’re not doing the Word of God He can’t work through you.

So a revival is nothing more than when Christians begin to obey the scriptures. Now that’s not me saying that. Charles Finney said that back in the 1800’s. He also said that man was not made to operate under that continuous, he called it a, strain of the Holy Spirit operating through them. Now I personally believe we could and believe we will. I believe that’s called the corruptible taking on incorruptibility.

Every time I lay my hands on somebody, God heals them. And every time I do it’s a testimony to them of God’s power. But it is also on the Day of Judgment, it’s going to be a testimony. These people that I lay my hands on, that I’m getting healed by putting my hands on because of the power of God and there’s sin in my life and I know it. I know God is healing them. These same people I’m going to see again on the Day of Judgment because God’s going to bring them forward as a witness against me. “You knew. You saw this one healed and you still didn’t get out of sin.” So if there is sin in your life get it out. God will still heal people under you. He’ll heal people with sin in your life. Why? Because He loves them. He wants to help the people. But get it out because those same people will become witnesses against you some day. Because God is going to say, “You’ve got no excuse. You knew I was real. You knew it was true.” I had to get the sin out of my life. It totally changed me.

Believe me. God will use you. Don’t think that He will just use you to heal head aches. He will use you to do anything that needs to be done. OK?
Re: How To Heal The Sick by staggerman(m): 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2012
If you are healing the sick so you can see miracles it will be exciting for a while but when you start seeing consistent results if you are still healing the sick to fulfill your need for seeing the miracles happen you will wear out. You need to realize that healing the sick is “Not for you” but for “The person being ministered to”. Healing the sick is to show people the love, mercy, and goodness of God. it is completely about the other person and that is where compassion comes in. If you are healing the sick because you love them and want to set them free then your heart is right but if your doing it for you then you will grow tired and burn out.
Re: How To Heal The Sick by mabell: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2012
staggerman:

Healing

Most people want to wait until they "feel" anointed before they try to minister to someone.
Some have even been taught that they MUST wait until they feel anointed to minister.
NO WHERE are Christians told to wait to minister to anyone.
As a matter of fact, we are told to preach the word in season and out. The original greek of that verse says, "when opportunity presents itself and when it doesn't".
That means that it is always the right time to minister the Word.
The Bible says that the Gospel IS the power of God unto salvation,
If the Good News is the power of God and we are to preach the Good News, then it must always be the right time to minister to anyone.
Many try to feel something, that they assume would be the anointing.
We are not told to wait for an anointing.
The early disciples were told to wait until they had received
power from on high or more specifically, they were told to wait
for the promise of the Father, which happens to be the same thing. They had to wait until the Day of Pentecost for the Holy Spirit to be released.
No where after that day are they told to wait. As a matter of fact they began to minister immediately after receiving the Holy Spirit.

last night i got a call that my elder brother was having serious pains in his tummy.
I called him and found out he had being like that from as early as 5am. He had taken all the necessary drugs but no relief till about 7pm when i was called,
He couldnt bear to eat, take his bath and couldn't sleep.
i was told to ensure he visits his doctor
immediately i called him, i told him to put his hands where he was hurting, and over the phone, i rebuked the spirit of pains and discomfort in his tummy, intestines, nerves, muscles and his body generally and then i spoke peace to his body. I could hear him saying amen again and again.
It was very brief and after we were through i told him i was going to call him back as regards a doctor.
I got busy along the line and forgot about him only to remember an hour later!
when i called him i was shocked, he responded with "baby whats up", surprised i asked him how far and he said he felt no pain again our prayers.
He said he had just finished a wrap of fufu and had his bath and was so excited, confessing the word of God over his life
What an instant miracle
I didnt wait to " be charged up" or for the " right time" or for " the move of the spirit"
i just did it there and then

I gave the above illustration to say this
It can happen anyday, anytime and anywhere
Re: How To Heal The Sick by staggerman(m): 9:05am On Aug 13, 2012
Glory to God. I just love testimonies. They speak of God's power and dominion over all the power of the enemy. They speak of our unity with Christ.
Towards the end of July, I got a call from my sister that she was admitted in the hospital having been diagnosed with intestinal obstruction, which would require a major surgery. She had done a scan and it was confirmed. I simply went to the hospital, laid hands on her and rebuked the spirit of infirmity in the name of Jesus Christ. I commanded the symptoms to disappear immediately. Truth is, she got healed instantly. All symptoms disappeared by the next morning. Two days later she did a new scan, it showed nothing. She got perfectly healed by the power of God. The doctors were amazed. It was a miracle.
Re: How To Heal The Sick by KiKatanga: 9:47am On Aug 13, 2012
Study medicine, become a doctor.

Life expectancy Nigeria: 51.4 Years.
Life expectancy UK: 80.4 Years.
Re: How To Heal The Sick by dorox(m): 10:08am On Aug 13, 2012
Ki-Katanga:
Study medicine, become a doctor.

Life expectancy Nigeria: 51.4 Years.
Life expectancy UK: 80.4 Years.
Why do you take delight in spoiling the party? You of all people should know that repeating a lie long enough makes it true. So be rest assured that no amount of facts and figures you throw at us will dissuade us from relentlessly pursuing our mandate of speaking health to all nigerians.
Re: How To Heal The Sick by KiKatanga: 10:11am On Aug 13, 2012
dorox:
Why do you take delight in spoiling the party? You of all people should know that repeating a lie long enough makes it true. So be rest assured that no amount of facts and figures you throw at us will dissuade us from relentlessly pursuing our mandate of speaking health to all nigerians.
Sorry, you and I can sit at the back, eat crisps and debate whilst these noble healers pray the cancer out of each other.
Re: How To Heal The Sick by staggerman(m): 11:10am On Aug 13, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

Sorry, you and I can sit at the back, eat crisps and debate whilst these noble healers pray the cancer out of each other.

Whilst we recognise that we are instruments of God's power, we completely acknowledge that Jesus is the only true healer. It is easy to speak against what you have not experienced. Until you feel something or experience it, you may speak ignorantly about it. Anyone who has seen an angel, will not need to be convinced that angels exist. Anyone who has been healed by God will not need to be convinced that God heals. Some people claim that God cannot heal, but they soon change their beliefs when they get into a situation that even doctors can't help them. They begin to seek help in any form. Its like a drowning man. He needs help whether in the form of a friend or an enemy.
To say that you do not believe in healing, is to say that you do not believe in the power of God. To say that you do not believe in the power of God, is to say that you do not believe in God and therefore have no relationship with Him.
Tell me, how can anyone enjoy the best you have to offer without coming close to you? How can you have God's best if you remain far from Him? Have you tested and tried to see if God is who He says He is, or can do what He says He can do?
May God grant you wisdom in His ways. Be blessed.
Re: How To Heal The Sick by onyekaodogwu202: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2022
Get Ready for an Avalanche of Miracles at the Healing Streams Live Healing Services with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

As we count up to the July edition of the Healing Streams Live Healing Services with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, get ready to discover and experience the infinite power of God that will change your life forever.

The last edition of the Healing Streams Live Healing Services with Pastor Chris held on the 18th-20th of March 2022 with billions of people participating from every nation of the world. It was a flood of miracles that exceeded all expectations with phenomenal global impact and remarkable healing miracles from all kinds of illnesses including, deafness, cancer, visual impairment, arthritis, migraine and several others that continue to pour in. The joy of the participants knew no bounds as they continue to testify and give glory to God several weeks following the program.

To be a part of the next edition holding from 29th – 31st July, 2022, kindly visit: www.healingstreams.tv/3days
God’s will is for all men to live in health and to constantly enjoy the blessings of Christ. For many, however, this divine revelation is not yet their reality. They are beaten down daily by sicknesses and diseases, living the opposite of the life God ordained for them. This is why the man of God, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is reaching billions across the world with the healing power of God through the Healing Streams Live Healing Services.

Catherine from the United States of America says, “My 3-year-old son had challenges with speaking and communicating. This gave me a lot of concern. I prayerfully prepared for the Live Healing Services in March 2022. Glory to God... We received a miracle during the program and my son started talking on the very first day of the program.”

The past editions of this global healing crusade resulted in mighty demonstrations of God’s power. The sick were healed, hope was restored to many, and all kinds of mind-blowing transformations occurred. People from all walks of life participated in the services. It was a turning point in their lives; turning mourning to dancing and despair to delight.

Brian from Ireland testifies: “I suffered from pulmonary fibrosis for two years, but I received healing as I was watching the program. I no longer feel fatigue or other symptoms. Thank you, Pastor Chris.”

According to Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Dsc, DD: “divine healing is one of the beginning stages of a greater life. Healing is wonderful, but there’s a greater life than healing. God doesn’t want you to live in the realm of getting healed from one sickness or the other every now and then. He wants you to come to a place of victory where you understand divine health, which is greater than divine healing”.

With countless lives transformed all over the globe, the Healing Streams Live Healing Services with Pastor Chris is truly a place of solution; where people experience God’s love, wisdom and the supernatural manifestations of the healing power of God to a hurting and dying world.
The next edition of the Healing Streams Live Healing Services with Pastor Chris will be held from the 29th – 31st July, 2022. Save the date and let nothing hinder you.

Be a part of this opportunity for divine transformations. Register to participate www.healingstreams.tv/3days

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: New Kings University Under Construction / TB Joshua`s Church Denies 2go Prophecy Rumours / A Theist Wants Advice On Suing God For Creating The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.