Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,687 members, 7,865,743 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:26 AM

The Kingdom Of God Vs The Kingdom Of Darkness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Kingdom Of God Vs The Kingdom Of Darkness (826 Views)

God Vs Religion / God Vs. Science (joke) / Interesting - On The History Channel (God Vs Satan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Kingdom Of God Vs The Kingdom Of Darkness by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2012
This whole walk with the Lord is not a complicated thing at all. Once a person realizes that they are lost, and dead in their sins, they choose to turn to Jesus Christ for mercy and salvation. After they do this, they suddenly understand that this whole thing is real after all. That new understanding can only come as a result of the Holy Spirit opening the eyes of the new believer in Jesus Christ, because the “natural man” cannot understand these things.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:14)

When the Bible (God’s Word) speaks about the “natural man”, it is speaking of everybody in the world who do not have the Spirit of the living God dwelling within them. For many of those people this whole thing about being “born again” may pique a little interest for a time, but they cannot comprehend what Christianity is all about. To others this whole thing about being “born again” is nothing but foolishness, and millions upon millions of people cannot believe that so many people would be duped by such nonsense. That type of thinking has been around since the beginning of time, so it is nothing new at all.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. (1 Corinthians 1:18)

The preaching of the cross is pure foolishness to millions upon millions of people, including those religious and spiritual people who would have nothing to do with the worship of Jesus Christ. In the end those same people will see that they were holding on to a false hope, and that they were worshiping a false and imaginary “god” their whole life! They will suddenly understand the absolute wickedness of the Kingdom of darkness, and that the devil plays for keeps. They will suddenly understand the value of their own soul, but it will be too late. That is the reason why people evangelize the lost, because the lost are heading toward an eternal Hell, but they do not believe it.

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. (1 Corinthians 1:21)

How does Almighty God choose to SAVE people? God uses his own WORD which is then preached by simple human beings like you and me. God uses people, like you and me, people who were lost and dead in their sins before they got saved themselves.

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. (1 Corinthians 1:23-24)

To this very day, the preaching of Jesus Christ is a stumbling-block to the majority of Jewish people, both religious and secular. It was during the mid 1990′s and I remember handing a Bible tract to a religious orthodox Jewish man in downtown Brooklyn, NYC, who I believe was a Rabbi. It was a Bible tract that explained the passover and it’s fulfillment though Jesus Christ. The man looked at it and said “What’s this?” I explained to him that it speaks about Jesus Christ and how he fulfilled the passover. He became very angry and he abruptly handed the tract back to me, and said “You do not sacrifice human beings!” and then he walked away. I remember that I had the total peace of Christ in my heart at that time, and yet I was still heartbroken, because I knew that this man was a lost man. I make no apology for saying things like this, because this is simple basic Christianity. None will enter into the Kingdom of God without Jesus Christ. I will say it again. None will enter into the Kingdom of God without Jesus Christ. It was Jesus Christ who declared the absolute necessity of a person being born again, and he told that to a Jewish ruler.

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (John 3:1-3)

A person (the natural man) cannot see (understand) the Kingdom of God unless and until they are born again from above. It has nothing at all to do with a “sacrament” or being baptized as a little baby or even as an adult. It is a spiritual birth that CANNOT be seen, and Jesus even compared it to the wind that blows. You CANNOT see the wind BUT you CAN see the effects of that wind upon certain things such as flowers and trees.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (John 3:4-cool

There are tens of thousands of men and women who stand in pulpits across the world, who many believe to be Christians but they are not. They have never been born again of the spirit, and they are simply going through the motions. They are still in the kingdom of darkness, and thus they are still under the dominion of the devil and the powers of darkness. They teach and believe that there are many different ways to Heaven and thus they are in opposition to what Jesus Christ himself proclaimed. (John 14:6, Acts 4:10-12)

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. (2 Corinthians 11:13-15)

Many of them have their degrees pasted up on their walls for all to see, but the true and living God is not residing inside their heart. God still calls and meets uneducated people wherever they are, and it does not matter how rich or how poor they might be.

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. (1 Corinthians 1:26-29)

The devil is the “god of this world” and he does not care how he deceives you, as long as you remain deceived. With some people he will use false religion because he is the “god” who is behind it all. With others he will simply destroy them with their own pride and ambition. With others he will destroy them with an abundance of drugs and alcohol, and the pleasures of this short life.

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

Each of us has the opportunity to make many appointments in this life. We might choose to make an appointment to go visit our hairdresser, or to visit our Doctor, or perhaps to visit our money and investment people. We also have the option of being able to cancel any or all of those appointments, but there is one appointment that you will not be able to cancel, and that is YOUR own appointment with death. Are you ready for that day?

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27)

Source
Re: The Kingdom Of God Vs The Kingdom Of Darkness by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2012
*eating eba nd okro soup* too many, i'll check on it later grin
Re: The Kingdom Of God Vs The Kingdom Of Darkness by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 04, 2012
Your bible made me to understand that the kingdom of God gave birth to the Kingdom of darkness. Am i right?
Re: The Kingdom Of God Vs The Kingdom Of Darkness by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 04, 2012
diluminati:

Your bible made me to understand that the kingdom of God gave birth to the Kingdom of darkness. Am i right?

My bible said,  he said, she said , they said, we said. grin

Go and  read the bible and find where it says the Kingdom of God gave birth to the Kingdom of darkness.

Come back here and show me.

(1) (Reply)

After Confessing In The Church, Do Born-again Criminals Report Themselves to the Police? / The Virgin Conception Of Jesus Explained / TB Joshua Exposes The Reason For #boko Haram Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.