Stats: 3,166,039 members, 7,863,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:33 AM

Why Are We Afraid To Start With What We Have? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Are We Afraid To Start With What We Have? (3449 Views)

Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid / Business You Can Start With Just #4000 / What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Are We Afraid To Start With What We Have? by naijacoder: 8:26am On Feb 23, 2012
Businesstools i get you but that said how many graduates will do that in naija common.
But what i meant is let there be an alternative and the lets value the alternative.
Mechanics ro carpentars are n't valued as a profession in Nigeria. Do you get what i mean,
When you value them them you would have better roads, building,better okada etc,
Hope you do.
Re: Why Are We Afraid To Start With What We Have? by Impulse80(m): 10:59am On Feb 23, 2012
I know what to do but the problem is no capital
Re: Why Are We Afraid To Start With What We Have? by naijacoder: 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2012
Impulse80 what are you good at?
Re: Why Are We Afraid To Start With What We Have? by Success15(m): 5:16am On Feb 24, 2012
So much has been said her about starting up with what you have and shun the unemployment saga in Nigeria. God bless the forum member that brought up this thread. The truth is that virtual most of the things that are needed to start up has been mentioned here, But, I'll still do a candid input. To start with, I'm a personal development coach and a talent productivity traininer. That's just for introduction seeek friends.

To start any business, the first most basic thing is to build an entrepreneur's mindset. This is a positive minded attitude that believes that everything is possible. It is constructive, creative, open to new ideas and always willing to try. To an entrepreneur, failure is not discouraging but a way of life. He does not see failure as failure but an opportunity to see a better way of doing it. When you fail, do not dwell on it for long and waste your time, but just move on by going back to the drawing board, work on your approach and find out what made you fail thus correcting it. This way you improve for better and will never make them mistake again.

Also, it is important that you identify your passion and build it into a business. Do you love cooking, work on starting a food business. It could be preparing moi-moi and supplying restaurants. It could be pastry and supply to grocery stores and schools. Just be creative. By the way, a passion is anything you love doing without getting tired or discouraged about it. You donot do it to make money but to catch fun. Your passion could be watching football. Don't you think you can learn how to analyse and report the respective matches plyed and start freelance sport reporting and analysing business. Your articles will be featured on the national dailies and radio/TV stations will invite you as you become popular. Create a free blog and use it to promote your values.

More so,learn to find a hungry market before you venture into any business. Spend 90% of your time to do this and 10% to promote your idea. Kindly grab Multiple Streams of Income written by Robert Allen to learn more. You should be reading books on business, entrepreneurship and personal development.

See you on the better than good side of life for more.
Re: Why Are We Afraid To Start With What We Have? by Impulse80(m): 5:55am On Feb 24, 2012
Forex, am a forex expert. Just don't have any money to start trading
Re: Why Are We Afraid To Start With What We Have? by bodmax: 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2012
If you believe you can, yes you can but if you believe you cant then you cant.
Please check this link, learn and discover what others lack.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=876162.msg10241552#msg10241552
Re: Why Are We Afraid To Start With What We Have? by Success15(m): 2:38am On Oct 12, 2012
Businesstools has made a lot of wonderful contribution in this thread. The truth need to be told, you cannot achieve financial freedom working for someone else. While the rich work to build business systems in which others work for for them and their systems pay them residual income, the poor and middle class people work for money.

If you've not got a job, I encourage you to start by working on your mindset, find out your life purpose and start working on living it. What it takes to create wealth is finding a gap within your environment and start thinking of how to create a value that can fill it. If you are too scared to start something immediate, kindly look for a good network marketing company and start building a business for yourself.

If you find it difficult to find one, I recommend the one I'm involved with. Network marketing is working and it's the easiest, cheapest and fastest way to build a business. Don't take my words for this but Donald Trump said it better;
“If I lost everything and had to start again, I would find myself a great network marketing company and get to work!”
- Donald Trump, on the David Letterman Show
Re: Why Are We Afraid To Start With What We Have? by lightofjoy(m): 8:25am On Oct 12, 2012
Capital is a big hinderance use by the devil to enslave people in poverty.
As a graduate/someone willing to be great, u dont need to see capital as a problem as a matter of fact lazy people do. All u need is to look inward, there is something in u that will solve people's problem. Do u know that u re in that community to solve a paticular problem.
For instance look at Nigeria, there are so may problems needing urgent solution which makes it easier to make great wealth here than anywhere.
Challenges are opputunities. Whatever will propel u up n life comes as a big challenge.
Example of some problems in nigeria: epileptic power supply, dirty city, food .e.t.c.
Look inward u will see the sleeping idle gain in u that have been captivated by CAPITAL. Deliver yourself today.
Re: Why Are We Afraid To Start With What We Have? by Zealoy(m): 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2012
Wow dis is a very nice thread to empower de youth of naija, ofcuz u can start up a business with 10k or even less u can go to filling stations buy fuel and sell it at ur area as black market u can make alot of money with dat.

Where Are Those Viable Online/internet Biz? / Plz How Much To Start Up A Pure Water Company Plastic Con And Sachet? / How Can I Become A Major Dealer Of Recharge Cards,with Mtn,glo,etisalat And Zain