Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? (5615 Views)

Woman In Labour Insists On Voting, Delivers Baby Shortly After Voting In Sokoto / Buhari:i Changed My Mind On Voting Buhari After Reading This. / PDP Primaries: Party Insists On Voting At Presidential Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by omosexy1: 9:56am On Feb 06, 2012
I agree with the comments here, while some many political parties are ethnic orientated, the FRESH party seems to deviate. Though I am not a fan of Chris Okotie, you only hear of him months to election, I believe the FRESH party, or any other serious 1, can make a difference, if only the leaders can begin to enlighten the populace by widespread campaign based on empowerment and not criticism. I have swore to myself never to vote for PDP even if this time around the flag bearer is a man of reputable character. THAT PARTY IS A DISEASE AND A DISGRACE TO NIGERIA
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Valon4ego(m): 10:17am On Feb 06, 2012
it's not that pdp is marvelous,but what are the alternatives! That's the million dollar question
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by seunlayi(m): 10:19am On Feb 06, 2012
no party fair better on nigeria political terrain, they are all master in rigging, corrupting, violence etc especially acn here in the sw. What they no best is how to complain and condem.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Valon4ego(m): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2012
@omosexy, We are talking about ethnic and national parties,and here you are advocating a ONE MAN PARTY! Just chris okotie time and again lol!
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:46am On Feb 06, 2012
@K marx, no election in Nig is a final till the court speaks
But PDP rigging machinery is legendary. That's my point.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 06, 2012
PDP is a party of agbero's whose agenda is 2 ruin anyfin they lay their hands on, I fink CPC or ACN shud be given a chance even if they are not dat GOOD. PDP is Nigeria's problem
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by nagoma(m): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2012
PDP is popular with Nigerians and appears to have a national spread because it is the ruling party not the other way round. For the elite Nigerians is AGIP and for the masses is who has access to the resources and can give the pittance of 50naira before elections. If by some miracle the PDP rigging machine fails ( Remember that  PDP renders the country broke after it's election campaign , who can ever have the resources to do that sort of extravaganza?) and another party wins , that party will now acquire the presumed National spread and PDP would shrivel.
What we must continue to emphasize is that PDP especially, but also the other parties, haven't got the core ideas and concepts depicting, emphasizing and above all, practicing the values of justice , accountability ,equity,displine, rcompetence and patriotism. they haven't got the ability to inspire confidence. They will of course continue to empty the treasury to buy votes and to acquire pseudo national spread - as long as they remain GIP with unlimited publi resource to loot and embezzle. It is a vicious circle and a catch 22 situation.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by 2sexy(m): 11:01am On Feb 06, 2012
I am not into politics but I will speak based on what i know.

PDP is the BIGGEST fraud Nigeria has ever had since '99.

They hire tugs to hijack ballot boxes and they do this from state to state. I remember a guy who indulge in such miscreant activities during the days of PDP reign in Benin which went on till the days of Oshimole came to end all that.

Nobody, I mean absolutely no1 thought that Edo State has the money to execute massive project like it's being done today.

Take a closer look at the states where ACN has their candidates as Gov. And compare it to that of PDP.

Under the PDP umbrella, even angels are forced to become devils. Take Goodluck for example.

When Okoracha was with PDP, did they allow him to rule?

There are too many to mention.

Like I said in another thread,MOST Nigerians are BIG fools. They sell their future for change that will end up distroying the future of generations to come. They prefer lies to truth. Imagine voting Goodluck on the basis of sentiment.

God, a beg help me get my Canada visa after I grad make I comot 4rm d mist of mumu ppl!
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by babakb: 11:06am On Feb 06, 2012
nagoma is de only one dat has said something meaningful on this subject, nigeria's politics especially in the north is called chop i chop and the only party that can withstand that is the pdp, i am a notherner and i kno what i'm talking about, pdp is de ruling party, they have full access to their states treasury and the chop i chop politics continues it is only unfortunate that the masses get to chop very very little.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by asoderock(m): 11:14am On Feb 06, 2012
The thought of PDP continuing to Rule the country wit no end in site is scary
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by vanstanzy(m): 11:44am On Feb 06, 2012
omosexy1:

I agree with the comments here, while some many political parties are ethnic orientated, the FRESH party seems to deviate. Though I am not a fan of Chris Okotie, you only hear of him months to election, I believe the FRESH party, or any other serious 1, can make a difference, if only the leaders can begin to enlighten the populace by widespread campaign based on empowerment and not criticism. I have swore to myself never to vote for PDP even if this time around the flag bearer is a man of reputable character. THAT PARTY IS A DISEASE AND A DISGRACE TO NIGERIA

@omosexy1
U aint lying at all. Infact when i heard that PDP won Adamawa state again i almost cried. PDP IS AN ILL-WIND THAT BLOWS NOBODY NO GOOD. Why on earth do our people keep voting-in those crop of VAMPIRES into power. Thats one party i will never vote again "even if stapped with a bomb".
Finally, no other party has got a national spread (only ACN comes close), and instead of they working towards having a national spread they just sit and fold their arms, its disheartening. I wish the PDP lead govt would just tap into nairaland conversation and see that they really need to
CHANGE.
THEY ARE ALL MASTER RIGGERS, MASTER LOOTERS, MASSIVELY-CORRUPT LEECHES, MURDERERS (BOTH OF INSTITUTIONS AND PEOPLE) u name it, they're there. GOD HELP US!
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Lexzycane(m): 11:52am On Feb 06, 2012
ACN is a SW party because it started here. The party may nt av strong holds anywhere else. Jst lyk I hardly hear of candidates of CPC ANPP or APGA down here. Bt dat does nt make PDP any better. That party is a joke! If happen 2 b in Ogun State and witness d tenure of Gov. Ghenga Daniel. It was nothin bt hell! Bt party or no party i'd go for d candidate. I should say, nt if d candidate is wit PDP though.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by GWslim(f): 11:52am On Feb 06, 2012
Stop collecting money from them in your area.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by vanstanzy(m): 11:55am On Feb 06, 2012
Darejo:

PDP is a party of agbero's whose agenda is 2 ruin anyfin they lay their hands on,  I fink CPC or ACN shud be given a chance even if they are not dat GOOD. PDP is Nigeria's problem

@darejo
I cant agree less but CPC (i dont trust the north with its Almajiri system, no insult intended. We've seen too much already), NO!!! How can we know someone's worth if we dont try 'em or give 'em a chance? I say we give ACN or APGA (Rochas Okorocha is making moves to run for presidency under that platform)a try next time. Who knows they just might be the big break we've been looking for.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by MAYOWAAK: 11:59am On Feb 06, 2012
Beaf:

I'll ask a simple question:
What is the alternative to voting PDP? A fairytale? Fantasy?

Everywhere you look Nigeria, there are mushroom parties built on ethnicity and mushroom thinking, all hurdled in ugly bigotted enclaves. It is fair to say that there is only one mature party in Nigeria today, that is the PDP. The rest are just ethnic champs, that are even more corrupt than the PDP.

If you can say Amen to any of these prayers please go on voting for PDP till you die.

1. May your lives and businesses be run exactly the same way the PDP has been running Nigeria for the past 12 years.

2. May your life be as bright as PDP has lighted Nigeria with electricity.

3. May your journey in life be as smooth as the inter-state roads in Nigeria.

4. May your home be as organised and as beautiful as Murtala Mohammed Airport.

5. May your life savings be managed as PDP has managed Nigeria's foreign reserve.

6. May your family experience the peace and love that the people of Jos have experienced in 10 years.

7. May your children's education and working career reflect the standard of education in Nigeria.

If you were able to say Amen to just one please feel free to vote PDP forever.

Let us think and ask ourselves this question: "is it proper that the party that brought us to this mess be the same party to lead us into the future?" Think Nigerians, think.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Baawaa(m): 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2012
Not all the time masses vote for PDP,most of the times it is rigging that give them victory
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by TallOrder: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2012
Okija_juju:

Simple;

PDP is the only de-tribalized party in Nigeria.

ACN = Yoruba Party (Yoruba Party)

CPC = Ndi Ugwu Party (Hausa Party)

APGA = Ummunna Party (Igbo Party)

PDP = The Peoples Party.

The rest are so small, they are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

If you want to unseat PDP, you need an independent party with grounds.

You've missed the point. PDP is already established; the others are new and so will need some time to spread. There was a time ACN had only Lagos state, now ACN has six states.  Besides, if elections had been free and fair, PDP would 've been long gone by now. So, cut the crap about tribal politics.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by BAMIDELE1063: 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2012
Nigerians are not voting PDP but PDP are voting nigerians. they have the full muzzle to plan, deceit for the people. it will take time but surely nigerians will flush them out very soon.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 06, 2012
Until Nigerians Vote out PDP from this country, this nation Nigeria will never move forward.
First reason why PDP need go is because change is the most important thing in life.
Change has to happen for things to change. For us to experience the true dividends of democracy.
For our graduates to have jobs, stable power supply, good roads, good health facility,
PDP has proven to be a failure. For the people who said i vote for BADLUCK and not PDP, now they know better
Let us vote out PINDINPIN from our system and vote for change
I would consider CPC and ACN but i cant vote for CPC cos of Buhari
I would rather vote ACN cos they seem to have a good vision for this country
Like them or not, ACN is the only political party that can lead this country to the promised land
Compare the salary some so called PDP with huge allocation are having with some ACN states
Some workers in Osun are collecting double what their counterperts in PDP states are collecting despire bigger allocation
I am looking forward to a day when Nigerians will begin to think of voting out PDP from power.
We need a change. These people are all bunch of thieves and failures including BEAF and his co-horts
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Kobojunkie: 2:01pm On Feb 06, 2012
There are about 30 Political parties in Nigeria today. Many of them focused more on getting the local votes than the National votes. Even then people continue to vote PDP at the locals, not because there are no alternatives as so many continue to claim out of ignorance.

In 2011, at so many local polling stations there were over 20 names on the ballot for just one seat. Many of those non-PDP, yet if you looked at the results, you find that people still voted PDP even at that level, even when presented with 19 or more alternatives in some cases.

At the national level, the same was the case. For the presidential  election, there were over 16 names on the ballot -- 16 possible alternatives, but people still voted PDP.

Let's stop lying that the reason is there are no better alternatives. There are . . . just that out of ignorance or lack of education, people continue to vote the problem back in to their lives.

Yes PdP is established and detribalized on the surface(I say on the surface because any person out there knows that is not the case), but if we do not give the alternatives, some of whom bring better candidates to help move this country in a different direction than it has been stuck in for the last 12 years, how do we expect to see change?
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by joe4christ(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2012
[size=20pt]Sincerely, atimes i fear nigerian is under a curse. Sorry to say, but it's jst convincing even when i try to think otherwise, i just wonder if this country would ever improve, it's like the company of blind men, not knowing who to lead who.
We've been reapeting thesame mistake our ancestors have been doing in the past. 'no wonder many who got this understanding often find means of relocating out of this country.

9ja i weep for my dear country, who would save you, who would bring about a change when your inhabitants never learn from their past mistakes?
[/size]
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by dmainboss: 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2012
Very many funny posts on here:

1. Some of you say PDP is very bad and there is nothing good in PDP. My question to you is which state are you from? If you are from Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Rivers or Cross Rivers and some others, you will not say that. If you are from Delta, Ogun, Imo and some others you might say that. The propaganda that PDP is completely bad is what the opposition try to sell and it will not work. They have to try something else

2. Those pushing ACN are also trying to sell the propaganda that all ACN states are doing well. Another falsehood that wont sell because people actually live in these states and know the truth. The Adeniji Jones bypass has been a disaster and a a death trap now for over 8 years. Fashola has done nothing about it. The companies on that road are the ones who fill the road with stones from time to time. That road is the main direct connection between Ikeja and Ogba. That is just one example of many that the Lagos state government have abandoned but they do only the ones they can showcase and use as propaganda tools. Does that mean Fashola is all bad? Nope. But the reality is that Fashola is not better than many of the PDP governors out there. It is just a matter of who can do better propaganda. Most other ACN states are a mess. And please PDP only ruled Ogun for 8 years. The former governor was from AD from which ACN emerged. So when you talk about 12 years of misrule, ACN was very much a part of that.

3. You say we should give ACN a chance? fair enough. But in 2007, ACN presented Atiku as their presidential candidate. How was that a different choice? In 2011, they presented Ribadu. How again is that a different choice? In Akwa Ibom, they presented Udoheage ( permit my spelling of his name). How is that a different choice yet again? The story is the same for many states. Almost all the former PDP members in Edo state who joined Lucky Igbinedion to ruin the state are now in ACN. So how is that a different choice? Yes, I agree Oshiomole has tried to make a difference in some areas. Kudos to him for that! But the system is still the same corrupt system that has always being. Actually, Osunbor, the PDP guy Oshiomole took over from was the one that started the transformation projects Oshiomole is doing now.

The point is, it is never a party thing. Good guys will emerge and make a difference no matter the party they belong just like bad guys will emerge and mess things up. It is a Nigerian problem, not a party problem. Cross Rivers is a perfect example, where Donald Duke did revolutionary stuff as a PDP governor but Liyel Imoke is making a mess of things.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Baawaa(m): 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2012
dmainboss u ar a useless politician!!u want to compare Olusegun Osoba with OGIDI OLE(OGD).u got it wrong,as a matter of fact pdp is disaster to dis country.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by repair9ja: 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2012
All the blames goes to PDP
they've ruled us for years and things keep getting worst
the best solution is for we Nigerians to us our power and vote other parties
I know when there is a competitions within these parties & when any1 of those parties get there,
they will utilize their chance for a better Nigeria
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 06, 2012
The current party system, as being operated, is preventing certain passionate Nigerians from being able to access political office. We need independent candidature to give voters a wider range of choices.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by Reference(m): 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2012
Why does a dog carry on chasing its tail when it knows basic geometry. Simple. The difference between the utopia found on Nairaland and the reality prevailing in greater Nigeria. As that doggy cannot bridge that gap so is the gap of understanding. PDP is the aggregate representation of Nigeria and Nigerians, the closest thing we have to a national mirror. That's why it has the greatest or widest appeal. They know this country like the back of their hands. Whereas in drug joints like this forum where bleary eyed traveller seeks El-dorado and when pressed for food and water turns religious bigot, sectional bully or regional champion, the PDP balances it all.

I was watching that chap, Segun I think, on Channels TV yesterday on the national conference issue. The big split was between those who thought that any and every issue could be tackled by the National Assembly as the peoples true representatives citing the cross party, peoples oriented fuel subsidy debate and others as a democracy growing and cutting across party lines; while the other side - the Soyinka camp sternly believes those that ultimately benefit from a system cannot be trusted to deliver serious changes to that system. In effect no man can use his hands to carry his body. One interesting talk by the chap from the North (here we go again) was that no matter what system of government is adopted as long as it involves us as a peoples, it will still fracture along lines of basically those who feel progress is made and those who feel oppressed. Nigeria is very complex so people go for easy and clear decisions as represented in the PDP.

Though I personally think the problems of Nigeria are structural and go far beyond mere party politics. If I were to simplify issues I would profer a balance between what we have now and what we want. Keep your feet on the ground but reach out. We definitely cannot continue with the way the PDP is run but it is up to them to reform, it is up to us to reform or the system will collapse completely.

Just like motor cars and machinery in advanced contries. The makers know how to keep them running indefinitely but choose to toss them after just a few years while we who know little and can do little to maintain them purchase them used and hope to keep them running forever. The true value of life is a balance and at this moment the PDP has the very best.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by ollyruffy: 8:24pm On Feb 06, 2012
Winning of elections in nigeria is an indication of how best you can rig or how you can prevent riggers from rigging you out in your strongholds. Most times, PDP is so good at doing this right.
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by emmanbol: 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2012
i disagree with majority of us on this topic
we just sit back @home punching our computers withot even coming out to vote
I believe other parties like the ACN is a better alternatives to d ruined PDP
let us be fair and optimistic in the issue of our dear country
SW is getting better for it as there re various transforming projects there
I continually pray those in power that God shud use them to better our lives
to say others are worst or useless is wht i disagree with
GOD BLESS NIGERIA. AMEN
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by madprof(m): 10:45pm On Feb 06, 2012
A lot of the responses to this topic are something to the order of the following:

- PDP has the widest spread, while the rest are ethnic parties
- the other alternatives are no better than PDP
- PDP is no good; they have (mis)ruled us for 12+ years
- what other choice do voters have; the other options are ex-PDP members anyway.

None of these however addresses the simple question: why vote for PDP everytime when you know they are not honourable? Because the truth is that, no matter how much PDP (or any other party) rigs, you still find Nigerians in their multitudes voting for them, voting for candidates they do not have a lot of faith in. If all the candidates on display are less than worthy of your vote, the first thing to do is reject them! If we keep taking a co-ordinated stand of rejecting the recycled thieves that present themselves to us for office, they will begin to get the message. Unfortunately what most of us do is vote for what we perceive as "best of the worst"; "better him than nothing". Nobody can rig an election where a handful of voters turned up nationwide. It is however near impossible to achieve that kind of boycott for the simple reason that we the electorate are selfish. We typically would rather vote an unworthy candidate with whom we share the same ethnicity than not vote at all, even when none of the candidates meet acceptable standards for leadership. We keep voting for mediocres and somehow expect them to excel, how does that happen?
Why do we keep voting for the cabal of parasites that parade themselves before us every four years? Are we afraid of them?
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by vladimiros: 10:58pm On Feb 06, 2012
A lot of the responses to this topic are something to the order of the following:

- PDP has the widest spread, while the rest are ethnic parties
- the other alternatives are no better than PDP
- PDP is no good; they have (mis)ruled us for 12+ years
- what other choice do voters have; the other options are ex-PDP members anyway.

None of these however addresses the simple question: why vote for PDP everytime when you know they are not honourable? Because the truth is that, no matter how much PDP (or any other party) rigs, you still find Nigerians in their multitudes voting for them, voting for candidates they do not have a lot of faith in. If all the candidates on display are less than worthy of your vote, the first thing to do is reject them! If we keep taking a co-ordinated stand of rejecting the recycled thieves that present themselves to us for office, they will begin to get the message. Unfortunately what most of us do is vote for what we perceive as "best of the worst"; "better him than nothing". Nobody can rig an election where a handful of voters turned up nationwide. It is however near impossible to achieve that kind of boycott for the simple reason that we the electorate are selfish. We typically would rather vote an unworthy candidate with whom we share the same ethnicity than not vote at all, even when none of the candidates meet acceptable standards for leadership. We keep voting for mediocres and somehow expect them to excel, how does that happen?
Why do we keep voting for the cabal of parasites that parade themselves before us every four years? Are we afraid of them?

Thaks alot man for ur summary

In My opinion, i would advice a mergere between ACN and CPC, even PDP would be scared
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by emiye(m): 11:02pm On Feb 06, 2012
Many, if not most Nigerians are lost in the deep valley of ignorance, though i sense a sharp change in the next 7-10 years if Nigeria still remains an entity
Re: Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ? by vladimiros: 11:09pm On Feb 06, 2012
@emiye even if there is, I fear we would still have a southern version of pdp

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Changes Into A Leopard On New AIT Ad / Oyo Gov’s Wife, Florence Ajimobi Strips Protocol Staff Naked / Breaking News - MASSOB Member Shot Dead By Nigeria Soldier In Port-Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.