Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Ants In My Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ants In My Food (3190 Views)

My Food / My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? / My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ants In My Food by rexfada(m): 8:47am On Feb 06, 2012
I stay in the corper's lodge of the school where I judiciously serve my fatherland. I'll just like to go straight to the point since am not a very good writer. Each time i cook white rice or white rice and beans, these tiny little ants will just invade my food after it's cooled making it impossible for me to even eat the food again. It's not as if am the only one that use the kitchen, other corpers use the same kitchen but they dont experience what am experiencing. I know adding an insecticide to the food is not an option of getting rid of the ants. So, what do you suggest i should do to stop seeing those 'guys' in my meal? Any reasonable opinion is welcome.
Re: Ants In My Food by JeSoul(f): 9:14pm On Feb 08, 2012
rexfada:

I stay in the corper's lodge of the school where I judiciously serve my fatherland. I'll just like to go straight to the point since am not a very good writer. Each time i cook white rice or white rice and beans, these tiny little ants will just invade my food after it's cooled making it impossible for me to even eat the food again. It's not as if am the only one that use the kitchen, other corpers use the same kitchen but they dont experience what am experiencing. I know adding an insecticide to the food is not an option of getting rid of the ants. So, what do you suggest i should do to stop seeing those 'guys' in my meal? Any reasonable opinion is welcome.
You are probably using a particular spice/condiment/item that is attracting the ants. Compare your recipe with the other corpers and see what stands out that could be the culprit. You could lay some of it out and see if the ants are attracted to it as a test. Also can't you store/cover your food/pots properly so that insects don't get into it? Goodluck.
Re: Ants In My Food by JeSoul(f): 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2012
Or you must just be cursed to be a very good cook . . . the ants want to eat only your food and no one elses cheesy
Re: Ants In My Food by rexfada(m): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
JeSoul:

You are probably using a particular spice/condiment/item that is attracting the ants. Compare your recipe with the other corpers and see what stands out that could be the culprit. You could lay some of it out and see if the ants are attracted to it as a test. Also can't you store/cover your food/pots properly so that insects don't get into it? Goodluck.
thanx man for ur suggestion. maybe u shld come taste my chow, maybe u go con dey fall unter my pot like those ants. lol grin

(1) (Reply)

Contaminated Chivita Active Fruit Juice? / Restaurant Gets License To Sell Human Flesh / Order For Your Non-perishable Food Items At A Cheap Price From (adamawa State)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.