Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

My Little Boy Is Born!: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Little Boy Is Born!: (2548 Views)

Photos: This Little Boy Is Looking For His Parents / Help! This Boy Is Missing / See What Happened To This Little Boy (Viewer Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Little Boy Is Born!: by Warfibabe(f): 11:20am On Feb 07, 2012
He was born at 38+1 weeks weighing 3.8kg. We planned on natural delivery without epidural, but after 24hrs of painful contractions without my waters breaking, my doctor had to break the waters himself. then i was already 4cm dilated and would not progress. four hours later i didn't progress past 7cm, by then the pains were unbearable as the contractions were on top each other. Another 3hrs later i still didn't get past 7cm and baby's heart rate started dropping as he was already distressed. They wouldn't let me push unless i was 10cm as baby had his cord around his neck. The doctor then decided to do an emergency c-section to save my baby's life. I was given general analgesic which didn't work at first as i felt the pain when the doctor tore my stomach open, Men! It was hell!!! They had to give me another dose of analgesic to put me completely under, I had my son 30 minutes later (according to my husband) at 2.30 am on Feb 2. I didn't get to meet him until late the next morning.
It was not an easy labor but completely worth it. When i look at my son now all i feel is complete gratitude to God for sparing both our lives and i know i will gladly go through it again just to have my beautiful boy.

Lesson learnt?, Have more than one birth plan as you may not know which one you will eventually end up with, We planned for natural birth without Epidural but ended up with an emergency c- section.

Thanks for sharing my story with me.
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 07, 2012
Congratulations dear. Best part is that both of you are healthy. Congrats.
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by mafolayomi(f): 11:33am On Feb 07, 2012
waohhhhhh, congrats sis! @ all, pls wish me save delivery too o, mine will be next month by his grace. cant wait to see ma babyyyyyyyy
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by mutter(f): 12:04pm On Feb 07, 2012
congratulations cheesy
one never really knows what to expect but all is well that ends well.
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 07, 2012
Congrats. I am a father too and my son is most priced asset.
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by RoyalRoy(m): 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2012
Congratulations madam. One thing that struck me though was all the hours you spent in pain before going for the c-section. Hmmmm, later some girls wl come and complain hnw their mother in law doesnt like them. After going through all these to have her son? Smh.
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by no1madman(m): 12:25pm On Feb 07, 2012
U don produce after choppin big rod. . . .congratulations jare! u did it!
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 07, 2012
Royal Roy:

Congratulations madam. One thing that struck me though was all the hours you spent in pain before going for the c-section. Hmmmm, later some girls wl come and complain hnw their mother in law doesnt like them. After going through all these to have her son? Smh.
That someone spent hours in d Labor room or suffered before they had a child does not mean you have to make life miserable for another human being and someone elses child. Raise a child to be decent, kind and respectful no matter how you got the child. A disrespectful child with an overbearing mother is not good for anyone.
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by RoyalRoy(m): 12:36pm On Feb 07, 2012
@debrief, what i realy meant was that who could blame a mother for being over protective and wanting the best for her son? Just reading all her post on how the baby was born made me swear never to blame my mum for some harsh(supposedly) decisions she took on me. Why will i not make her happy?
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 07, 2012
Royal Roy:

@debrief, what i realy meant was that who could blame a mother for being over protective and wanting the best for her son? Just reading all her post on how the baby was born made me swear never to blame my mum for some harsh(supposedly) decisions she took on me. Why will i not make her happy?
I understand. I am a mother and believe me i spent years in frustration, praying, crying and spending money looking for a child. I went through hell that cant be described. Well In Gods time i had a child but as much as i suffered to have a child i know spoiling him will be a mistake. We want the best for our kids but let us not make life miserable for other kids because we suffered to have a child. A good and well brought up child is a blessing to all.
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2012
Congrats!
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Warfibabe(f): 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2012
Thanks all, Baby and i are doing very great,
debrief08:

That someone spent hours in d Labor room or suffered before they had a child does not mean you have to make life miserable for another human being and someone elses child. Raise a child to be decent, kind and respectful no matter how you got the child. A disrespectful child with an overbearing mother is not good for anyone.

so true,  I was gonna reply the same thing,
Royal Roy:

looolll, My husband said i started screaming at the doctor for not performing the surgery in the first place instead of letting me labor for so long,
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2012
Warfibabe:

Thanks all, Baby and i are doing very great, so true,  I was gonna reply the same thing, looolll, My husband said i started screaming at the doctor for not performing the surgery in the first place instead of letting me labor for so long,
Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa, My dear i feel u jare. In my own case I was trying to form brave because in my culture women who give birth without a word are hailed and respected. Throughout i was silently groaning, I was determined not to scream, lollllllllllllllllllllll, after holding it in for so long i let out one extremely loud never been heard before shout, sotay everyone in d hospital was afraid. Lollllllllllllllllll, E no easy at all. Anyway na just one shout but e carry all d pain.
I agree Nigerians should be more open to the idea of CS. I am shocked when some Husbands refuse to grant permission for CS cos some pastor has decleared that its not thier portion. We should be educated on all birth methids and clearly weight the pros and Cons instyead of ignorantly deciding. CS is one of the safest birth methods. If God didnt want it he wouldnt have given the Doctors the wisdom to discover it
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by maclatunji: 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2012
Congratulations OP! Its raining babies at the moment.
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by ronkebp(f): 4:16pm On Feb 07, 2012
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!God bless the little, precious man.
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Glorya(f): 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2012
Congratulations OP, may he bring you lots of joy!
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Pennywise(m): 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2012
Warfibabe:

Another 3hrs later i still didn't get past 7cm and baby's heart rate started dropping as he was already distressed. They wouldn't let me push unless i was 10cm as baby had his cord around his neck.

Congrats Warfibabe. Am so happy for you. But how did your doc know its cord round neck at 7cm? Or was it sth the nurses told you
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by mutter(f): 5:16pm On Feb 07, 2012
I had one baby that came out with the cord around the neck. The only noticed it as he came out. ^î guess î was lucky that all went well.
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by iyatrustee(f): 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2012
congrats! I am 41Wks gone and my little one is so comfortable in my belly, i hope and pray to hold my own baby soon
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by ng4am(f): 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2012
Congrates dear, iya dont bother u will soon ve ur baby, mine stayed for 42 wks, just enjoy ur peace for now.
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by no1madman(m): 8:21pm On Feb 07, 2012
iyatrustee:

congrats! I am 41Wks gone and my little one is so comfortable in my belly, i hope and pray to hold my own baby soon
E be like say una plenty o!hope u still dey chop cucumber?
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Odunnu: 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2012
Congrats Warffi4life!
[s]*hope you see this, i'm getting impatient for real*[/s]
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Hotstepper(f): 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2012
Congrats dear. Mine was complete opposite of urs
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by agiboma(f): 9:29am On Feb 08, 2012
@op congrats mommy, enjoy your LO cause they grow up so fast, myfriend had a similar expereince overseas they cut her without being fully under the analgesic, she wanted to sue the doctor but later got over it, take your time and heal, hope you got a good support system to assist you. I had a c-section with my son and it took me many months to recover. smiley
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by blank(f): 10:28am On Feb 08, 2012
Congratulations o. May all the women TTCing get their babies. MAy all pregnant women give birth in peace to live healthy babies. Ishe.

I am not looking forward to another c-section but that is my path and i have to walk in it.
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Warfibabe(f): 10:38am On Feb 08, 2012
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all U̶̲̥̅̊я lovely messages.
agiboma:

@op congrats mommy, enjoy your LO cause they grow up so fast, myfriend had a similar expereince overseas they cut her without being fully under the analgesic, she wanted to sue the doctor but later got over it, take your time and heal, hope you got a good support system to assist you. I had a c-section with my son and it took me many months to recover. smiley
Thanks so much, I'm recovering jejely oh, Thanks to my husband and our families,
Pennywise:

Congrats Warfibabe. Am so happy for you. But how did your doc know its cord round neck at 7cm? Or was it sth the nurses told you
The hospital made me do an ultrasound in my 37th week to check for cases like cord, placenta etc. That was how we knew,
Odunnu:

Congrats Warffi4life!
[s]*hope you see this, i'm getting impatient for real*[/s]
Thanks dear, I see you, How tins?,
debrief08:

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa, My dear i feel u jare. In my own case I was trying to form brave because in my culture women who give birth without a word are hailed and respected. Throughout i was silently groaning, I was determined not to scream, lollllllllllllllllllllll, after holding it in for so long i let out one extremely loud never been heard before shout, sotay everyone in d hospital was afraid. Lollllllllllllllllll, E no easy at all. Anyway na just one shout but e carry all d pain.
I agree Nigerians should be more open to the idea of CS. I am shocked when some Husbands refuse to grant permission for CS cos some pastor has decleared that its not thier portion. We should be educated on all birth methids and clearly weight the pros and Cons instyead of ignorantly deciding. CS is one of the safest birth methods. If God didnt want it he wouldnt have given the Doctors the wisdom to discover it
loolll, Me, i actually boasted to my husband that i was gonna withstand the pains and not shout like the way we see in movies, When the real pains started?, O boy!, I no even remember how i take remove my clothes and was totally naked on the table, It was after 2 days i remembered i actually wore something to the labor ward, My husband just day laff me since,
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by freecocoa(f): 11:38am On Feb 08, 2012
Congratations Op,thank God you and the baby are okay,please I'm indicating interest on behalf of my unborn daughter,she's cute I promise. wink

@Iya,worry not it will go smoothly,abeg do make we come chop rice.

Na wa o,seems all the married women on NL,just had a baby or heavily pregnant,una plan am?can't wait to get there. cheesy
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by iyatrustee(f): 11:44am On Feb 08, 2012
freecocoa:

Congratations Op,thank God you and the baby are okay,please I'm indicating interest on behalf of my unborn daughter,she's cute I promise. wink

@Iya,worry not it will go smoothly,abeg do make we come chop rice.

Na wa o,seems all the married women on NL,just had a baby or heavily pregnant,una plan am?can't wait to get there. cheesy

shocked shocked u re negotiating on behalf of little unborn cocoa already?
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by freecocoa(f): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2012
^stay there na,where I come from, we don't dull. wink
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by iaabc(f): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2012
congratulations! and lol at not remmbering you wore something to the labour ward until two days after grin grin we women sha. its all worth it in the end though!
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 08, 2012
debrief08:

I actually have a great phobia for CS. I have this irrational fear that the doctors might cut the baby while cutting me open . . embarassed embarassed embarassed

The doctors/my husband say it's not likely to happen but I honestly will rather stand the pain for no matter how long, than risk a CS . . . of course I say that now because I have no idea what 'the pain' is like! undecided undecided
Re: My Little Boy Is Born!: by agiboma(f): 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2012
Ujujoan:

I actually have a great phobia for CS. I have this irrational fear that the doctors might cut the baby while cutting me open . . embarassed embarassed embarassed

The doctors/my husband say it's not likely to happen but I honestly will rather stand the pain for no matter how long, than risk a CS . . . of course I say that now because I have no idea what 'the pain' is like! undecided undecided

To get to the womd where the baby is located you need to cut through 7 layers of muscle, so the likelihood of the baby being injured is highly unlikely. wink fyi
Ahh yes when the pain hits you its possible you may have a change of heart.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dispute And Fight Among Family Members / Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? / Would You Run A Joint Purse With Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.