Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,222 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages (14957 Views)

Outages ‎force Reps To Shut Down Proceedings / There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo / There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by noiseless: 5:00pm On Feb 07, 2012
Whether ghana has something or not,as long as ghana has and keeps her part of the contract with nigeria, so whats noise all about? Agreement is agreement failure to respect that = 419 and no "bigbrother"would love to be dragged to the mud by the "little"brother.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by manny4life(m): 5:10pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ironi:

Ghana discovered Oil in commercial quantities only 2 years ago, and it's partners apparently made a record in setting up infrastructure and started production in a YEAR.

Though production is low at the moment, it is expected to increase with time. With good management and accountability this discovery is expected to improve their economy.

Nigeria has been producing oil in huge commercial quantities for well over 60years, yet over 80% of Nigerians live in abject poverty, what a shame!

That is what Nigeria should worry about.

Just like you're worried about "Nigerians worrying about their problems", how about you guys worry about your own problems. What surprises me is that Ghanians ALWAYS find issues with Nigeria(ns) even when there's no obvious reason. Nigeria failed in her contract, find another supplier, Is that what people do? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by kjhova(m): 5:15pm On Feb 07, 2012
The point many posters here don't get is that Nigeria, once again, has failed in a contractual obligation. This will further increase our "country risk" profile thus deflecting away foreign investment, increase finance costs etc. Penal charges due contract default will also normally be charged according to laid down terms. In all, Nigeria has demonstrated over & over it's incompetence & inability to adhere to agreements.
In any event, Ghana's jubilee fields will start yielding gas in a short while & Nigeria's "big brother", "giant of Africa" gas supply will no longer be required.
Nyt nyt to all ye "when Nigeria sneezes, ", as more serious nations move ahead in terms of development!
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Ironi: 5:16pm On Feb 07, 2012
manny4life,

Fine, you failed in your contract and instead of apologizing you come here and arrogantly run your mouths as if you own the world.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by manny4life(m): 5:25pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ironi:

manny4life,

Fine, you failed in your contract and instead of apologizing you come here and arrogantly run your mouths as if you own the world.

Oh please, quit crying foul like a little child and run along. Apologize? How many apologies have you and your cohorts given for treading on the foot of Nigerians? Apologize my foot, please carry you self pity to those who gives a flying F/U/C/K, I could really care less. We Nigerians have more pressing issues at the moment NOT GHANA.

Talk about running our mouths, if it doesn't bother you, why do you care? Dude, leave Nigeria matter alone and you will not hurt, ELSE, you know the deal.

I don't blame you guys, I blame our leaders, if they have structured Nigeria the way it should be, where will I have the time for a pettiness? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Ironi: 5:27pm On Feb 07, 2012
Moodie:

^^^ somebody has already shown you the way out, rather than wasting energy typing, just get another supplier. And we sincerely pray your Jubilee or millenium field starts producing, not only oil and gas, but gold, diamonds and even uranium so that Ghana will be the most developed, 419 free, super power in Africa. More power to your elbows.

NOW LEAVE US ALONE!!!

I'll leave you alone so long as you don't go bashing Ghana on the head as a pass time.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by manny4life(m): 5:31pm On Feb 07, 2012
Moodie:

^^^ somebody has already shown you the way out, rather than wasting energy typing, just get another supplier. And we sincerely pray your Jubilee or millenium field starts producing, not only oil and gas, but gold, diamonds and even uranium so that Ghana will be the most developed, 419 free, super power in Africa. More power to your elbows.

NOW LEAVE US ALONE!!!

The funny thing they call Nigeria at every nook and cranny, every ills, everything NEGATIVE, like seriously, to what end? angry angry angry angry I avoid threads between Nigeria and other nations when they have conflicts, but for some reason, I couldn't resist this one. Imagine, he's requesting for apologies? They piss me off with their behavior, if you damn well know how bad an influence we are, why do you give yourself so much headache? Literally, most Ghanian threads make a feast of Nigeria and her problems, even some come on here to talk thrash, Like seriously STFU.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Ironi: 5:34pm On Feb 07, 2012
manny4life,

Yes, there you go, typical Nigerian man even talking big when he should be humble.

Any way what makes you think I give a rat asss too?, I don't care about Nigeria matters, every body have their problems, but anytime you start bashing Ghana be assured I'll be around to give you some headaches too, damn it!
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by otumfour(m): 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2012
ministergh:

The thing is our population is big and theirs is small and definately a lot of our people may go in there. while 500,000 or what more people may not look too big, it may look very big to them considering their size. There are a lot of Ghanaian who love nigerians. There are loads of liberians also there and currently ivorians but am not sure they hate us. some will definately talk trash but in all this we dont have to do same. If you come to Odo rice, meaning love rice, area where i am now, u will be happy how we live with them. once in a awhile something may come up but geenerally, they are tolerant. we as african should embrace ourselves cos it is only us who can build our continent. the white ruled us for centuries and it may not be easy but fighting is not the way out. we have a lot to offer ghana but we can also benefit from them.

grin grin grin odo rice huh! abi u go know Mr. Young boutique too, I need to come for my MACBOOK PRO 13" casing in that yard, tip-toe lane they call it. u seem like a fair view, keep it up dude.

back to the topic ; to those talking abt all tht big brother blah blah, wht will u be saying when Ghana starts getting its own gas huh? undecided. . . . . wait and see
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Igwe9(m): 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2012
Although the shortage in gas supply is a temporal thing but for Ghanaians to be using derogatory terms on Nigerians as a whole on their web forum was uncalled for.
Yeah, some Nigerians are living in there and can attest to their hospitality to Nigeria and others but this completely negates all the things we read/ heard from their online/electronic media.

In as much as I do not hold anything against the Ghanaian, there comes sometimes in man's life trial period comes knocking and the last things he'd be needing from his neighbours are blames and insults.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by babaowo: 5:40pm On Feb 07, 2012
This is time we nigerians should know that all west african  are our blood brother's n sister even cameroon, let show little maturity folks.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by manny4life(m): 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ironi:

manny4life,

Yes, there you go, typical Nigerian man even talking big when he should be humble.

Any way what makes you think I give a rat asss too?, I don't care about Nigeria matters, every body have their problems, but anytime you start bashing Ghana be assured I'll be around to give you some headaches too, damn it!

Never fail to disappoint, do you? Why do you care about me "typical Nigerian man even talking big when he should be humble." There in lies yall problem, ALWAYS minding our business for us.

Now dude, if you don't give a rat as/ss and obviously, neither do I, do us a damn big favor, and MIND YOUR FU/CKING BUSINESS. Damn, is that too hard to understand? Jeez, simple instruction, hard to follow - MYFB.

What you forget is that we here on NL barely have time for Ghanians and her issues, I'm so certain that if we do a record search, statistically, one Ghanian forum has 10x more threads than NL and other Nigerian forum do ,  Go figure on that one. Though I DO NOT speak on behalf of 150+million Nigerians, but I put it to you that we Nigerians have better, pressing topics to argue about than to argue about Ghana, get it? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Oh btw, talking about giving us headaches, lol grin grin grin, Yo, you as confused as the point you're trying to make. Trust and believe, the average Nigerian has a tough skin for your "headaches", what we do best is ignore your rantings, and when you're done, you'll do what fools do - STFU
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by kjhova(m): 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2012
Please guys, the thread is too educative for y'all to reduce it to pedestrian arguments about national pride. Fact is that the West African Gas Project, WAGP, is a joint venture btw Nigeria, Benin, Togo & Ghana (wt plans of future extension to other ECOWAS states). The project was also heavily financed by the ADB & the World Bank. It's ultimate plan beign harnesing all of Nigeria's previously flaired natural gas for power generation purpose. The part funding from other west African countries was in the form of lead payment for products upon completion. The benefit to the ADB & WB was to be the repayment plus interest derived from the profits on the venture.
Now if Nigeria suddenly & severally default on it's binding supply obligations, with no apparent force majore, can you now understand the situation we find ourselves as well as other countries & banks that invested in us??
It is negative attention for us considering how frequently & desperately our leaders travel abroad to beg for foreign investment.
Hoping we learn & act right.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by manny4life(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2012
^^^

Oh yeah, obviously my lovely Nigeria NEVER fails to disappoint -- inept leaders. I can understand the frustration arising from this which doesn't present a positive image; however, this is more reason why Nigeria needs a system overhaul because things are going awry. I hope they can reach an amicable resolve on the issue,
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Ironi: 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2012
manny4life,

You still don't get it! I don't give a rat asss about Nigerian issues, so long as you don't go bashing Ghana. Even your ministers do that for fun, it's on record.

If there are Ghana sites which bash Nigerians, go there and give them your piece of mind if you want. At the moment, I have time to burn so I I'll be here for now and there is not much you can do about it.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Arosa(m): 6:01pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ironi, the defender of ghana.  lol
that will be a good title for a nollywood movie
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by manny4life(m): 6:07pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ironi:

manny4life,

You still don't get it! I don't give a rat asss about Nigerian issues, so long as you don't go bashing Ghana. Even your ministers do that for fun, it's on record.

If there are Ghana sites which bash Nigerians, go there and give them your piece of mind if you want. At the moment, I have time to burn so I I'll be here for now and there is not much you can do about it.

Dude, they say SILENCE IS THE BEST ANSWERS FOR FOOLS, so don't think otherwise when I don't reply your irrelevant rants  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Again, never fails to disappoint, here he is worrying about "Even your ministers do that for fun, it's on record". Damn dude, you ARE SUCH A BROKEN RECORD, you got serious issue, you REALLY need serious overhaul in that part of the brain where memory is stored. Did I not just tell you a min ago Mind your f/u/c/king business?  shocked shocked shocked shocked

Why should I be on Ghanian sites? What else do your cohorts do other than rantings and bickering  undecided undecided undecided Give them a piece of my mind, my people say in Nigeria "they can be two mad at the same time" so you see why I told you in my previous post; we do what we do best, we let you rant and when you're done, you do what fools do, STFU

Oh man, you can stay all the heck you want,  grin grin grin grin (ain't that a real shame embarassed embarassed embarassed ) I don't really care, after all we Nigerians are accommodating, so we welcome you to stay on board,  Well, I'm sure some people will be on to put on a leash when the need is there.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Ironi: 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2012
kj_hova:

Please guys, the thread is too educative for y'all to reduce it to pedestrian arguments about national pride. Fact is that the West African Gas Project, WAGP, is a joint venture btw Nigeria, Benin, Togo & Ghana (wt plans of future extension to other ECOWAS states). The project was also heavily financed by the ADB & the World Bank. It's ultimate plan beign harnesing all of Nigeria's previously flaired natural gas for power generation purpose. The part funding from other west African countries was in the form of lead payment for products upon completion. The benefit to the ADB & WB was to be the repayment plus interest derived from the profits on the venture.
Now if Nigeria suddenly & severally default on it's binding supply obligations, with no apparent force majore, can you now understand the situation we find ourselves as well as other countries & banks that invested in us??
It is negative attention for us considering how frequently & desperately our leaders travel abroad to beg for foreign investment.
Hoping we learn & act right.

Thank you Sir,

There are people here who don’t seem to understand the issue at stake here. This is a joint venture, and with the completion of Ghana’s Gas plants, Gas feed into these pipelines could even flow the other way supplying Nigeria in times of problems like it currently has, yet, the only thing some folks here could see is ‘showing Ghanaians who the big brother is’.

A very annoying attitude, no wonder our countries are all messed up.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by manny4life(m): 6:20pm On Feb 07, 2012
Moodie:

Ok, we have heard!! Anything else? grin grin grin

LOL,  They are saints while we are sinners. They can't beat that enough into our ears,   cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Oh btw, the person who suggested the Nollywood movie, me sef think in as long they act the movie well, no problem,  It adds to the title of movies we have,  grin grin grin grin

If they don't act it well, personally, my cohorts and I will make sure such movies have terrible reviews, in fact, we'll submit a recommendation such movies should be pulled and should be disassociated with Nigerian name, lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On Feb 07, 2012
This is part of Nigerias move away from Africa Ghanaians please bear with us
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by mekaboy(m): 6:52pm On Feb 07, 2012
THE GHANIANS ACTUALLY WANT TO EASE THEIR FRUSTRATION ON NIGERIANS, EXCUSE ME TO SAY "THEY WORSHIP ANYTHING WHITE" A SEMI-WHITE MAN(LEBANESE/INDIAN). WILL EMPLOY THEM AND PAY 5K A MONTH, THEY WONT TALK, BUT A NIGERIAN WILL EMPLOY AND PAY 10K THEY START TO COMPLAIN. BECAUSE NA BLACK MAN.

IF AFRICANS KEEP FIGHTING AMONG OURSELVES, ARE MAIN ENEMIES WILL KEEP TAKING ADVANTAGE ,
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 07, 2012
How can Obj make such a cntract when he has not even finished supplying resources for full electric power in naija?
As a farmer, how can he sell all the food from his farm constantly (after he has eaten) without leaving anything for his children to eat?
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by mekaboy(m): 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2012
THAT WAS AGREEMENT BETWEEN OBJ AND GHANA NOT NAIJA grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by emmke(m): 7:44pm On Feb 07, 2012
lol @ ironi the defender of Ghana. But who/what/where is Ghana?
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Ironi: 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2012
emmke:

lol @ ironi the defender of Ghana. But who/what/where is Ghana?

Mabe you were born yesterday, but before Nigeria, Ghana was.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by emmke(m): 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ironi:

Mabe you were born yesterday, but before Nigeria, Ghana was.
man, u need to relax, seriously. Geez. What a sensitive soul. grin
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2012
Incompetent at everything
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by jrtorrents: 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2012
The love and hate betweeen Ghanaians and Nigerians is mutual. Nairalanders say Ghanaians talk about them but hardly a week goes by without a news about Ghana on Nairaland, like this one.

Living in Europe I know that the closest to a Ghanaian I can find is a Nigerian but I can't forget the harrowing stories my relatives who were driven out of Nigeria in the early 80's told me. A lot of even died in te process, that is te source of Ghana's hate for Nigeria , what is the source of Nigerians hate for Ghanians?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Boko-Haram Members Captured In Maiduguri / "Defend Yourselves Without Carrying Arms" - Ortom Tells Nigerians / Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.