Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day (5157 Views)

How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. / MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware / Free Mtn To All Network Free Call Code Released ! Get It Here: Its 4 Real==> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by mosiate(f): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2005
Free Text for MTN subscribers.

This afternoon I received an SMS message from MTN that says:

"Y'ello MTN is offering is offering all her prepaid customers, one free text message everyday to MTN numbers only,from July till December 2005.Thanks for choosing MTN."

Thank God for the competition in the telecommunication industry. If not for this MTN would never have thought of this, or what do think? Very soon MTN will be giving 35 free SMS as Globacom is doing.
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by Allwell(m): 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2005
MTN, forget those people! I recieved the text message too. I tried sending a free text message to my cousin this morning to wish her a nice day. When I saw her in the afternoon, she hadn't recieved the text. I wonder if MTN will send it at the close of the day!
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by Greatpeter(m): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2005
MTN are Nairaland users too. How do I know?

If they didn't read what we wrote about them here they wouldn't have given their subscribers a daily free text message. grin

MTN we demand more seriousness and generosity from you.
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by debugger(m): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2005
Hey buggies,
Lets not be decide by mtn, the play the game and play it well.

how can u send an sms and it gets to the person late.
the effort is defeated.

Mtn shld rethink before comin up with a plan

chau
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by shockreaction(m): 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2005
I like MTN. Do you know why? Cos they're smart people who know how to take advantage of (read as "make maximum earnings out of"wink stupid people (*cough*we*cough*Nige*cough*rians*cough*). So, there.
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by Greatpeter(m): 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2005
Ha! MTN wants to disgrace me eh?
I will have a rethink.
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by jogego(m): 8:28am On Jul 15, 2005
Na wah oh!!! High time something is done about all this exploiters in Nigeria. They make million of Naira off the people yet they are not willing to give anything back? Ordinary text message? Does anybody use a contract package in Nigeria? Just curious to know what the terms and benefits of contract packages are?
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by diakim(m): 10:26am On Jul 15, 2005
That means 30 or 31 free SMS per month. It is still better than nothing, except for the late delivery. The ideal should be 100 free SMS per month grin
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by Angelgirl(f): 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2005
I also recieved the promo information from MTN yesterday, but i know that a lot of people have been sending more than one free txts and making free calls just a few days before this advert, even with no access days (this always happens when there is a technical problem). What i want to know is now they have made it official, do we also send the free text with zero access days?
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by DEKING3(m): 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2005
What's happening? I've not received the promo message yet o, but I'll sure try to send one SMS to see how genuine that is. The only thing MTN knows how to do well well are romantic adverts [Sharp Guy, 'Oh, Jerry!']. Na that one we wan chop? ("is that what we'll eat?"wink
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by mosiate(f): 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2005
why is everybody talking like this,at least they tried,before they don't give anything but now they have started.there is one yoruba adgage that say when you thank a person for the good he did for u yesterday,he will defintely do more,so let appreciate what MTN has done so that we MTN subcriber can recevice more of this and better thing to come
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by mamba(m): 7:05pm On Jul 15, 2005
If we do not appreciate what MTN has done and continue yabbing them, they'll be forced to do better...

BTW, I'm very sure they're giving out this free SMS grudgingly...(stingy boyz in yellow)
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by SIFA(m): 11:12am On Jul 16, 2005
MTN should covert the free SMS to Naira. With per second billing most people are tired of sending SMS
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by tayotina(f): 11:46am On Jul 18, 2005
MTN - LIARS. I was charged for a text message I sent yesterday and a friend sent me a text since saturday, am yet to receive it. Why are they deceiving themselves? It's a shame!!
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by delarontus(f): 5:06pm On Jul 18, 2005
It is only the first 160 characters that are free. Anything else after that will be charged.
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by tayotina(f): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2005
My text wasn't even up to 100 characters. I thought I was the only one being charged until a friend also came complaining.
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by Greatpeter(m): 6:42pm On Jul 18, 2005
Thrash! thrash!! thrash!!! so you have not repented MTN! Ha! I thought you're done.
A rethink is in-evitable!
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by whocares: 10:51am On Jul 19, 2005
OH MY LORD ... YOU LOT ARE A BUNCH OF COMPLAINERS. rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

They don't give ...you complain
They give ... you complain
they are running a business, not a charity; 100 free SMS my foot, why don't you tell your banker friends to give you free money.
and Yes, thank Gawd for competition - it is doing its job

I don't hear anyone giving praise when things work oh. Most people know that technology is not 100% perfect...SOMETIMES THINGS GO WRONG, as unthinkable as that sounds
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by mosiate(f): 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2005
whocares,he be like say you dey work for MTN while you come ahala like that,network no good network no good Vmoblie dey dash 12 sms,glo self dey do and network no good.Go tell ur people that dey to stingy.
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by tayotina(f): 12:08pm On Jul 20, 2005
whocares, anything worth doing at all, is worth doing well.
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by tasteguy(m): 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2005
they have really started 1sms for only MTN to MTN every day,thats good but why are they not sending it at least at the range of 2 hours?You will send and the recipient will not smell the message for even 2 days
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2005
Actually MTN free text is real. At least i send 2 a day without being charged but if you are to send 2 mesages a day without being charged ensure that u have no credit thats enof for text message on your phone.It actually works
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by defZA(m): 8:32am On Sep 23, 2006
Greetings,

Just want to inform you about http://wap.defza.com/mtn, http://wap.defza.com/cellc and http://wap.defza.com/voda.

Provides a wap/mobile interface/browser to the 3 network providers free sms's in South Africa. (mtn.co.za, cellc.co.za and vodacom4me.co.za)

Very useful if you low on airtime smiley

Cheers,

D
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by mediatri(m): 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
guys the said they give us mtn pulse,,,, they meant come lets chop ur money,, me i don tire
Re: One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day by mediatri(m): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
mtn extend your hand for the mtn pulse megabyte pleaseoooo

(1) (Reply)

Default Stock Rom For All Tecno Phones To Unbrick Your Device / Etisalat Keeps Showing "Call Barred" Without Me Enabling It / Top 5 Smartphones That Supports Three SIM Cards (2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.