Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,156 members, 7,829,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Should Christians Go For Life Insurance? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Go For Life Insurance? (869 Views)

Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Why Do 'so Called' Born Again Christians Go For Deliverance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Christians Go For Life Insurance? by Boondoggle(m): 9:04pm On Oct 17, 2007
Pslam 19: 16  -  With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.

. . . . . one of several Bible verses where God promised long life for believers.

If long life is a promise of God, is there any need for life insurance? . . .  looks like re-insuring a life that has been insured already! 

Shalom cool
Re: Should Christians Go For Life Insurance? by TayoD1(m): 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2007
@Boondoggle,

Can you confirm that you have the same testimony like Samuel such that the Word declared that "none of his words fell to the ground"? Before you give me a quick answer, please ask yourself some questions such as: Have I ever been sick? Do I have any financial needs? If the answer to any of these is YES, then why would you think you cannot die prematurely? The promises of God that address these areas in your life are no less potent than the ones that address your long life.

Now the problem is not with God's Word becuase His promises as the Bible says are "Yea". However, that scripture does not end there. Rather we are told that the "AMEN" to His Word has to be spoken by us. In other words, the declaration that the Word of God is two-edged puts responsibility for its fulfillment not only on God, but also on us the recipients.

If you are like me, then you sure wont have confidence in your ability to hold up your end of the bargain. And if that is the case, you will only be wise and fulfilling scripture by getting yourself a life insurance in case of your untimely death.

You will be fulfilling scripture that way because even in death, you will be taken care of your household and so prove yourself to be better than an unbeliever. If Abel's blood could speak even though he was dead, I could have my money (through insurance) speak better things, and testify to my faith even though I die. Remember the scripture that says a good man leaves an inheritance even for his children's children. A life insurance gives you an opportunity to leave an instant legacy for your family.

You need to ask your self a simple question. What do you think will happen to your family if you die prematurely today? Are they going to be in financial difficulty? Will your children be able to afford an education? If your answer is a Yes, then you are setting yourself up to be regarded by God as being worse than an infidel in what you and I hope is an unlikely event of your untimely death! SELAH!

(1) (Reply)

Lenten Season / Who Really Is A Christian Here? / Why Do Creationist Find These Questions Hard To Answer? Answer & Win some Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.