Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja (88498 Views)

U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals / Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? / Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by worry359(m): 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
Idazbawz:
Hello NLanders,
I went for an F-1 Visa interview today(24th dec 2013) in Lagos and was denied VISA. Here's my Interview:
ME: Hello Sir
V0: No response
VO: why are you going to America
ME: In order to pursue a degree in Mechanical Engineering Tech at Eastern Michigan University
VO: Bachelor's?
ME: Yes!
VO: Whats the name of your School?
ME: EMU.
VO: why EMU?
ME: EMU is an area rich in academic, technological, and recreational resources. Also, I've interected with some graduates and i got to knw that Engineering majors are handled to the fullest.
VO: what will you do with your degree?
ME: my Dad already secured a job for me here in Nigeria.
VO: what Job?
ME: managing director of the oil company he's about to build.
VO: what does he do?
ME: works with NNPC
VO: you graduated from Fortune Private School?
ME: yes!
VO: unfortunate, we cannot issue u a visa....

Pls, what's my offence?
Should i reapply in Abuja Embassy instead of Lagos Pls reply soon...
In Red
Did you apply to any other schools? Your answer sounds like something that you have rehersed for the interview, it's not convincing.
But the BIG one
Oil company "he's about to build"
That means that the company does not exist! so you have NO promise of a job.

Remember all your story is now on record.
If you apply again and change big parts of your story they might think something is not right.
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by Idazbawz(m): 2:44am On Jan 03, 2015
worry359:

In Red
Did you apply to any other schools? Your answer sounds like something that you have rehersed for the interview, it's not convincing.
But the BIG one
Oil company "he's about to build"
That means that the company does not exist! so you have NO promise of a job.

Remember all your story is now on record.
If you apply again and change big parts of your story they might think something is not right.
I appreciate your correction sire! So you know, I'm in the U.S already...
Happy new year!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by iamleye(m): 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hi everyone, I need urgent replies: I will be 23 in november, a graduate and working in a reputable firm, av an interview @ d us embassy next week, av all my documents and av previously travelled to Ghana in 2013, single. Pls wat r my chances?..
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by muideeen: 6:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
hello everyone beleive me the forum is quiet interesting. But i want everyone to know and get it right that American embassy is one of the simplest embassy that issue VISAS without any delay> but we as an individual also have alot of roles to play before and when facing the consular. Number 1 thing which is very important to get to ur self prepared concerning the status you going for whether B2/B or B1 alone or F1 or J1 or any other category, in case of B1. Try and and know about your University, where it was located i mean the state and the city, get to know about the fact about the University, make sure you can defend about the course you going to study. and try to be able to build ur confidence before the interview and never answer any question like you have already rehearsed it....Very important s the consular doesn't wanna hear from a prepared answer but u just need not to provide any answer with anxiety buh u must have d confidence once again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by mchuxx(m): 3:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
iamleye:
Hi everyone, I need urgent replies: I will be 23 in november, a graduate and working in a reputable firm, av an interview @ d us embassy next week, av all my documents and av previously travelled to Ghana in 2013, single. Pls wat r my chances?..
You have a fair chance but one particular hindrance is travel history. Ghana is actually not considered as a travel history. If you show u hav a good job and good income or business, you'll definitely get it. I got mine last Sept on a virgin passport, single, no travel history and above 30. However, I had a valid UK visa prior to interview.
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by popoyemega: 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
Pls frnds I need ur advice am planing to the US but I don't knw were is better to book an appointment Lagos or Abuja.... and what mar rita status do I use? Singel OR married!

Pls I need ur honest opinion
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by zik4ever: 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
popoyemega:
Pls frnds I need ur advice am planing to the US but I don't knw were is better to book an appointment Lagos or Abuja.... and what mar rita status do I use? Singel OR married!

Pls I need ur honest opinion
You state your marital status as it is of course! Are you single or married? You know the answer.
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2015
[quote author=Dantecmu post=6009496]Some two months ago i promised to keep the house posted on the result of my interview come MAY well the interview has come and gone. i didn't use my uncles invite instead i used conference/hotel reservation here goes the interview

Interviewer, have you traveled be four,
me, yes
inter to where pls
me , uk n here n here n here n here
inter where in the US are u going to
me i told her
inter where do u work
me i told her
inter how long
me i told her
inter be four then where did u work
me i told her
inter what do u do where u work
me i told her
inter who is paying for ur trip
me i told her my self
inter are u married
me i answered har nup
inter do u have kids
me i told her
inter dont u think this trip would be expensive for u
me i told her i had enough money to take kare of maself.
inter ok MR, come pick up ur visa you have a wonderful time in US
me tnk u

DAT WAS ALL VISA ISSUED. NOTE THAT THIS WAS MY 4TH ATTEMPT WELL IT WAS WORTH THE HASSLE I HOPE SOME PPLE WOULD BENEFIT FROM MY EXPERIENCE. CONSISTENCY IN INFORMATION HELPED ME THE TRUTH ALSO DID I WOULD BE LEAVING FOR THE US SOON AND WOULD BE BACK AS SOON AS MY CONFERENCE IS OVER,

DANTE
CMU

Gud to find dis post here, bro I guess u bak now. Just wanna no if u did includ in ur 54160 dat u have a relative in d state then. Thanx

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by Smithkline555: 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
Hello people, I have a wedding to attend at north carolina on the 28th of november but the only nearest available date that I have booked an interview appointment at abuja is on the 4th of december. Please peps is it possible to reschedule to an earlier date like 25th/24th of november, if yes how do I go about it please. Thank you all. Please it is urgent!!!
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by ifegy: 11:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
Smithkline555:
Hello people, I have a wedding to attend at north carolina on the 28th of november but the only nearest available date that I have booked an interview appointment at abuja is on the 4th of december. Please peps is it possible to reschedule to an earlier date like 25th/24th of november, if yes how do I go about it please. Thank you all. Please it is urgent!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by Smithkline555: 12:05am On Oct 23, 2015
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by katinuky: 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
Denial of Visa
I was at the US embassy on the 8th of December and the VO never asked me anything order than where I worked and after checking he asked me to thumb print again in front of him and then said u are ineligible handing over a blue paper to me,I asked why am I ineligible because u didn't even ask me any questions then he said please have a good day, so annoying but the thumb printing he asked me to do again none of my friends that has been denied were asked to do it, this gave me a little concern, I hope it's not an embargo because I swear the man is just a racist, anyone can help please
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by ifegy: 5:22am On Dec 11, 2015
katinuky:
Denial of Visa
I was at the US embassy on the 8th of December and the VO never asked me anything order than where I worked and after checking he asked me to thumb print again in front of him and then said u are ineligible handing over a blue paper to me,I asked why am I ineligible because u didn't even ask me any questions then he said please have a good day, so annoying but the thumb printing he asked me to do again none of my friends that has been denied were asked to do it, this gave me a little concern, I hope it's not an embargo because I swear the man is just a racist, anyone can help please

Have you applied before? Did you use an agent this time or in the past? etc etc. Go to the USA visit visa thread on this page, tell your entire story and ask for help
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by worry359(m): 7:07am On Dec 11, 2015
ifegy:

Have you applied before? Did you use an agent this time or in the past? etc etc. Go to the USA visit visa thread on this page, tell your entire story and ask for help

As stated tell your whole story HONESTLY.
and without playing the racist card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by famouschukwuma: 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
sorry to Ask.is it possible for a v.o to stamp a virgin pasport
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by famouschukwuma: 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
i just applied for a us visa,i have nt traved befor.pls i need help

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by omalye: 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
Hi guys, my interview is tomorrow 3rd march 2016 at d Abuja embassy. Am applying for a B1/B2 visa. Will keep you posted after d interview . WishMeLuckGuys

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by loptos(m): 11:08am On Mar 03, 2016
Good luck
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by omalye: 5:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
Dantecmu:
Some two months ago i promised to keep the house posted on the result of my interview come MAY well the interview has come and gone. i didn't use my uncles invite instead i used conference/hotel reservation here goes the interview

Interviewer, have you traveled be four,
me, yes
inter to where pls
me , uk n here n here n here n here
inter where in the US are u going to
me i told her
inter where do u work
me i told her
inter how long
me i told her
inter be four then where did u work
me i told her
inter what do u do where u work
me i told her
inter who is paying for ur trip
me i told her my self
inter are u married
me i answered har nup
inter do u have kids
me i told her
inter dont u think this trip would be expensive for u
me i told her i had enough money to take kare of maself.
inter ok MR, come pick up ur visa you have a wonderful time in US
me tnk u

DAT WAS ALL VISA ISSUED. NOTE THAT THIS WAS MY 4TH ATTEMPT WELL IT WAS WORTH THE HASSLE I HOPE SOME PPLE WOULD BENEFIT FROM MY EXPERIENCE. CONSISTENCY IN INFORMATION HELPED ME THE TRUTH ALSO DID I WOULD BE LEAVING FOR THE US SOON AND WOULD BE BACK AS SOON AS MY CONFERENCE IS OVER,

DANTE
CMU

How long did u stay b4 reapplying for d 4th time. Pls I nid an ansas cos I want to reply after some days of denial cos its urgent

Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
omalye:
Hi guys, my interview is tomorrow 3rd march 2016 at d Abuja embassy. Am applying for a B1/B2 visa. Will keep you posted after d interview . WishMeLuckGuys
how was your interview bro
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by guiddoti: 2:24am On Mar 04, 2016
Bleep dem akata
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by daisypearl: 5:54am On Mar 04, 2016
Pls I need to understand why I was denied a B1/B2.
Work in multinational with very good salary
Interview goes thus-

Consular: Hello y are u going to the US
Me: For tourism basically
Consular: Where are you going?
Me: Atlanta
Consular: Why Atlanta
Me: I heard there are a lot tourist attractions there like CNN, Coca cola.
Consular: What do You do for a living?
Me: Told him where I work
Consular: What do u do exactly?
Me: Gave him a brief description of my work
Consular: What's your salary monthly
Me : Its 302,.....i don't have the other figure in my head its 302k with some hundreds
Consular: You travelled to turkey,y?
Me: Went to visit my dad there
Consular:what does he do in turkey
Me: Told him
Consular: Why is he back in the country?
Me: ( at this point o was why he was asking about this,so I didn't answer outrightly) he's sick right now n in the country
Consular: Oh sorry about that what does he have
Me: Stroke but he's recovering now. Thank you
Consular: Are u married?
Me: No
Consular: Have u ever been to any other country.
Me: Yes, Dubai
Consular: I'm sorry but I don't think u eligible to go to the US now maybe some other time.

He didn't ask for any document.

So pls what went wrong trying to figure that out. Thanks
Note: I was completely honest with all my response.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by donkarly(m): 7:11am On Mar 04, 2016
daisypearl:
Interview goes thus-

Me : Its 302,.....i don't have the other figure in my head its 302k with some hundreds
Me: ( at this point o was why he was asking about this,so I didn't answer outrightly) he's sick right now n in the country
Consular: I'm sorry but I don't think u eligible to go to the US now maybe some other time.

I'll say basically, your marital status..

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by daisypearl: 7:46am On Mar 04, 2016
Ok, thanks donkarly. At a point I thought it was because I didn't state my exact salary(the exact figure), maybe he thought I was lying about it. But thanks though.
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by wiseworld: 12:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
Ooh sorry,u said your basic salary is 302 nd some hundred figure, bro that show that y don't know yr monthly basic salary,simple 302,000 naira ,but God will put u thought sha my prayer wish u best
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by worry359(m): 1:46pm On Mar 04, 2016
daisypearl:
Interview goes thus-

Sorry but it's the usual things.
You have not given them strong ties to home that prove that you will return.
You are single, no property and no letter from your job employer.
Remember the American system considers that you want to immigrate unless you PROVE otherwise.
Also your answers were vague and rambling.

Wait six months or a year and get your life in order then try again.
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by daisypearl: 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
I had a letter from my employer, he didn't even ask for it. So does being single mean my life is not in order? Even if I had documents to show I have properties, he didn't even ask?

Thanks for your contribution

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by gray2016: 12:35am On Apr 22, 2016
Hello NLanders, I find this forum very informative for those wanting to travel to the US and I find myself in that category. You guys are doing a great job.
I'm curious and would like to find out few things regarding my Visa application.
I intend to apply for an F-1 visa for my masters program, this is my first time, never travelled before, passport never been stamped and I'm married.
I recently got the admission to the university, and two I-20s have already sent for me and my wife but not delivered, my SEVIS fee for I-901 has already been paid and receipt printed.
I would like to know if I have to fill a separate DS-160 application for my wife, since hers is an F-2 visa, as well as paying another application fee for her and my chances of success.
Thanks.
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by denzelswt: 7:55am On Jun 05, 2016
Hi Everyone, please kindly tell me what this means, My interview was last Thursday june 2 in Abuja. tho I was not granted a visa. I just want to know when Blue BG is written on ur comfirmation form at the embassy with a biro what does this means. it was written before I entered for my interview at the place I lined up were two Nigerian ladies, who speak like they have been to the state were seated. my passport and my comfirmation for submission was checked , the lady now wrote Blue BG with blue biro on it, before I went to the next lady who put a white sticker at the back of my passport. please what is BLUE BG and why was it written on my comfirmation paper for the submission of the Nonimmigrant visa. Please does anyone have an idea.. Thanks
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by Pappyjidos: 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
daisypearl:
Interview goes thus-

I dont think its cause of your marital status. most likely cause your Dad is in Nigeria recovering and a young son is going for tourism having fun just because he has the money. I bet the VO was a lady.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by friendly101: 11:25am On Jun 10, 2016
from my own perspective pappy is right your father sick and you want to go merry...
being single is not the problem....
just try package your self well
by God grace your next application will be granted
Pappyjidos:

I dont think its cause of your marital status. most likely cause your Dad is in Nigeria recovering and a young son is going for tourism having fun just because he has the money. I bet the VO was a lady.
Re: My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja by chaktty: 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / Woman Upset Over Failed Relationship, Smashes Plane Window Mid-flight In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.