Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:42 AM

Help,how Safe Is It To Sell Shares? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Help,how Safe Is It To Sell Shares? (877 Views)

Weak Naira: Worried Investors Sell Shares For 6th Consecutive Day / Buy And Sell Shares Online / Idle Fund Of 3.5 Million Naira To Be Invested , How Safe Is Treasury Bill ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help,how Safe Is It To Sell Shares? by webmaster3: 9:14am On Oct 18, 2007
I met a broker some months back and we agreed that he will assist me in selling my shares. He opened a cscs account for me and i recieved a trade alert that my cscs account has been opened. He also helped me in transferring my share certificates into my cscs account. Now he's about to give me a mandate form, which will mandate him to sell it. Please can anybody advise me how safe it is to do that. Is it possible for the my shares to be sold without me been informed?. Please i need your reply cos am new into the stock market trading and i dont want to be duped.
Re: Help,how Safe Is It To Sell Shares? by simplelady: 11:31am On Oct 18, 2007
Web-master,

the 64 dollar question is: are you ready to sell your shares. if not tell him to hold on.
since you have been registered for trade alert, all sell and buy transactions on your account will be sent as an SMS to your phone. mind you the alert comes only after necessary documentations have being completed by your broker and the person buying your shares. you will definitely get an alert but it may not be timely

enjoy
Re: Help,how Safe Is It To Sell Shares? by webmaster3: 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2007
simplelady,
yes i am ready to sell it. I just want to be sure that there's no way of being duped, but since u said i will always recieve an alert when its finally sold, then that will be cool.
Re: Help,how Safe Is It To Sell Shares? by madeonline(m): 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2007
No broker would sell your shares without your mandate , why the consequences are grave and no broker would want to risk being sanctioned by SEC for such an offence.

If it is done and you report to SEC with evidence that you did not authorize the trade and the broker cannot present your sale mandate is defence the broker is likely tobe suspended and that would cost him much finaicially and in terms of corporate image too.

(1) (Reply)

Old Annual Financial Statements Of Nigerian Companies / How Have Your Stock Investments Done Over The Past Year? / NSE Bars Operators From Sharing Market Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.