Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

I need info on making money in the real estate biz. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I need info on making money in the real estate biz. (1302 Views)

Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I need info on making money in the real estate biz. by abriya(m): 9:26am On Oct 18, 2007
Hi Nairalanders,
I have been hearing about investing in real estates and how its potential ROI is next only to the stock market.
Having made appreciable returns in the stock market, I want to begin what I will like to describe as investing journey in the real estates.
Can somebody help me see how money is made by investing in the real estate.
Personally I want to be sure that when I am set on this journey that I have the resource to pull through.
Simply put, What do I do with my money to earn returns and say I have invested in real estates.
Re: I need info on making money in the real estate biz. by EZECAR: 2:25pm On Aug 17, 2008
i can teach you but you will pay me 30k and i will give you the whole secret on how to sell properties and make money.
call me :08023178323
Re: I need info on making money in the real estate biz. by abujabooks(f): 10:53am On Sep 04, 2008
@Abriya,

Research up and coming areas. Buy the land cheap, keep for long term, say 8 - 10 years and sell.

For instance, some areas close to Lekki 2 are being sold cheap for 500,000 and less. (NOT LEKKI 2, BUT CLOSE TO)
Buy and wait for the proposed bridge from EPE to Lekki. Sell when you think you have made enough profit.

If 500,000 naira is too expensive, go further away from Lekki 2 and land will be cheaper.

See you at the top.
Re: I need info on making money in the real estate biz. by eaz(f): 7:03pm On Sep 04, 2008
@ Abriya

You can sign up for a real estate enterprenure class for 30k at Realty Point Limited at 3rd floor, Onigbagbo House, Bola Memorial Church Compound, Mobolaji Bank Anthony way Ikeja, Lagos or educate yourself by buying real estate books.

Real Estate can be ventured into short, medium or long term. It depends on what you want. I always advocate a mixture of all, but less of short term. You can speculate with land or buildings. But in all, always look at the potential ROI, the location, and very important; documentation of the land. You can loose a lot on all these.

Also note that real estate is not as liquid as stock market. Though it will help your money not to its lose value and highly profitable in our emerging economy, always invest as much as you can sustain, there is no marginal trading here. You can get property at a very good price in a very good location but for no reason ( No be that witch for village matter o!), it would stay for long in the market before its sold.

All these Lekki 2 runs should be handled with care. Lots of magic is going on there. Go to the surveyor generals office before concluding any deal. There is a new Lekki Master plan in place. Check it out. Also always run a search through a lawyer at Alausa. The motto for this business is " CAUTION IS NOT FEAR". Cross check well before you part with your cash. It will be well with you.
Re: I need info on making money in the real estate biz. by landhouse: 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2008
Hi Abriya,

Still interested in the real estate investment info? e-mail: realofferscentre@btinternet.com for good offers
Re: I need info on making money in the real estate biz. by chykeo(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2008
Real estate is good business but it is for long term purposes. You are welcome on board if you are patient and can leave a land or house for 5 years upwards before trying to get money back. To make it as an investor you will need to invest in more than one properties. I recently got a land for 1.5million and the person that sold it to me got it at 10.000 naira. that is what is in the receipt he gave me with which he originally bought it. That was after 15 years anyway.

Be very careful with all these land agents. All those people luring you with the posts on these threads should be looked at well before you impart with money. You dont need to read any book before you invest in real estate.

It just keep appreciating but make sure you get a good deal. Involve a lawyer at onset and together with the agents, they will conduct what is called SEARCH at the ministry of Lands to establish the rightful owner(s) of the property. Be very careful my dear.

When I got into real estate for the first time, I lost close to 2m and up till now, it still pains me. Deal with the right crowd, be wary of anybody encouraging or pressing you or trying to sweet talk you into a particular purchase, once he or she gets his or her commission, you wont see them again even if there is problem later.

Unlike stock, real estate deals are not concluded in a day.

SHINE YOUR EYES WELL WELL
Re: I need info on making money in the real estate biz. by Mike77(m): 1:30pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hello Room,
My name is Michael Adegboyega and am a Printer by proffession and i will be glad if someone here can be my clients. If you are looking for good quality printing work such as Complimentary Cards, Letter Headed paper, Invoice or receipt, Calendar, Design or any kind graphics with nice and quality design you can thought of, Also printing of banners, such as Flex banners, Scroll Banners, light back, Bill board etc
Please contact me on my email michael_adeg@yahoo.co.uk or call me on #08076525136 out of Nigeria you can add +2348076525136.
A trial will surely convince you. Patronize us today and enjoy your priting because anything you prints stand for an advert
Thanks and God Bless
Re: I need info on making money in the real estate biz. by Mike77(m): 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hello Nairaland,
My name is Michael Adegboyega and am a Printer by proffession and i will be glad if someone here can be my clients. If you are looking for good quality printing work such as Complimentary Cards, Letter Headed paper, Invoice or receipt, Calendar, Design or any kind graphics with nice and quality design you can thought of, Also printing of banners, such as Flex banners, Scroll Banners, light back, Bill board etc
Please contact me on my email michael_adeg@yahoo.co.uk or call me on #08076525136 out of Nigeria you can add +2348076525136.
A trial will surely convince you. Patronize us today and enjoy your priting because anything you prints stand for an advert
Thanks and God Bless
Re: I need info on making money in the real estate biz. by gracestate: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2008
my friend come and invest in Hallmark Estate: the cheapest and fastest growing estate in Nigeria, i guarantee you 200% profit in the next 12 months 4 details call 08029836543 or 016654670
Re: I need info on making money in the real estate biz. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
OK, not only will you get great info on how to make money from real estate here but, you will also be guided on how to become a real estate consultant
Check it out now>>>

https://online-estate-biz..com

(1) (Reply)

Land For Sale At Lambe Lagos Ogun State Between 200k-800k / 3 Nos Flat + 320m2 Land At Akin Lakanu Close, Off Adeniyi Jones Ikj / I Need A Land Worth About 400k-500k Within Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.