Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? (9423 Views)

8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society / 8 Things Successful People Do NOT Do Every Day / Résumé/cv Padding: Inconsequential Or Inexcusable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Iranoladun(f): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
Colleagues with dirty fingernails, unkempt hair, unkempt look especially men

Men holding/scratching their crotch while talking angry shocked
A boss with smelly mouth and will be getting closer to you when talking; I always sit far away from him during meetings.  I don't know how to give him the hints about his Oral bombing

Senior colleague dropping work on your laps with difficult timeline and expecting you to perform a miracle

People eating food with very strong smell in the office  e.g. Efo Riro, Ofada rice, Akara etc and with no courtesy of aerating the room and using air freshener

People who get late to meetings and think they're cool undecided

People who wear flip flop slippers around the office while leaving their 'Shoe' at their desk.  Wear comfortable shoe for Christ sake; it's really not cool especially with ladies (reserve your 5 -7 inches stilleto for the catwalk/runway show during that special event not as an everyday office wear

People with Body odour; we used to have a Tea Girl with very strong BO who was recruited by the office Skunk (like beget likes).  Having bought her deodorant severally and counseled her on hygiene without result. I personally fired her!

People who don't mind their fucking business. They always poke nose into your work and also try to intrude into your privacy angry
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by chiama1: 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2012
There's a female manager in my office that is an expert at keeping malice with people over nothing. It irritates me
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by babanne(m): 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2012
Good thread. Keep it coming.I nearly cracked my hips with laughter. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What i dislike in my office is when people come in and out of the office per second. It disturbs.

Chai, some people dont have manners sha. embarassed shocked shocked
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Outstrip(f): 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2012
Na wa oh. So if I open a business in Nigeria I will have to schedule firing squad every friday. Ridiculous to say the least. I will take my employees out for free lunch because all of a sudden I appreciate them more. The bosses even seem worse that the regular staff. Imagine usine a phone and dropping it on the table. hia.

I hate when people lick their fingers and then page a book. It irritates me. From the way they fix their lips and get the spit to when they rub it on the page. Just gross in my opinion. It is even worse when the book is not yours. Thank God for Kindle
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by chika98: 5:30pm On Feb 10, 2012
The notion that we're all supposed to ogle the photos of your co-workers children. ie " Oh isn't he/she just cute?" " what a cute little girl" Meanwhile the baby might be not so "cute" looking. Then everyone goes on about "Oh Jess brought her baby's pictures in; You've got to see it. She even took a picture with Santa" Blah blah.

Unnecessary small talk. Seriously that is not why we're here at all. grin
Whiny co-workers. I can't deal!
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by wordychap: 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2012
piling job boss, desk scattering staff, perpetual late coming staff n ders dis lady dat messes d job up wout remorse cos she's oin an affair w d boss- some of my dislikes. was thinking of quiting m job but afta going thro threads, gues l stay on litle longa lol
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by mystikal(m): 8:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
Annoying Terry G ringtone.

Taking my snacks from the fridge.

asked to work once for this lady at the office temporally though. Not only is she senile, making tons of mistakes, but she literally thinks she has to spoon-feed me how to do Excel or Word projects. I was raised on those programs while you were using type-writers and carbon copy paper you old woman!

Top of the list always has to be those people that talk loud through their phones without even realizing. Geez I dont need to know that you now have a normal menstraul cycle or that you dont like your wife's father etc.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 10, 2012
very funny and interesting thread! grin grin grin grin
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by osajojo(m): 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2012
There's this woman I hate so much but I can't disobey her cus she's like a mum. She wants me to come very early to work, guess y? So I can help her hew water. I did come early some times and she could resist asking me to fetch water guess what I come 3 hours late. Plus she's very stingy
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Yeske2(m): 10:25pm On Feb 10, 2012
Talkative and a loud one at that, singing at the top of her voice, can argue till death even if she knows nothing.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Sammyfemy: 10:34pm On Feb 10, 2012
My former boss, she wouldn't mind giving you her hand bag to hold. Also, backbitters, eye service, chewing gums, loud ring china tones, "over sabi & busy body" Friend's each one of us is guilty in one way or the other.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by teewai27: 11:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
I cant stand people who gossip about u , then they act like they dont even know u when u say hi to them. im like, whats up with that? grin

Also the "i too know" people. All they do in the break room or the lobby is tell everyone tcares how their trip to the Bahamas, Paris, or Egypt went. And no, they are not telling u to share the fun, they are telling u so u know theyve been to soooo many places. i think its just not necessary. undecided
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 11, 2012
I've gone 2ru most of d replies,
Ma QUESTION is dis:
'Have u tried to tell these ppl their wrong doings. I mean, telling dem 2 dia faces'
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Oletunow(m): 4:44am On Feb 11, 2012
People wen go give that silent but strong and wicked mess, plus they will say nothing especially after break,
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by AjanleKoko: 7:03am On Feb 11, 2012
^^
Yuck. angry
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Phony200(m): 8:08am On Feb 11, 2012
There's a guy at my office who always asks the most mundane and silly questions alwz and will bug you to answer him. I always ignore him especially on Monday mornings after Man Utd lose a match, he'll Greet me wt So What happened now? Why did man yuu lose now?
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by blank(f): 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2012
My supervisor that has to keep touching me while talking. I HATE people touching me without my consent. His own can reach poking and expects you to look at him while he talks. SO annoying. and the guy can gossip. I keep telling him to keep his stories to himself but he can't. He looks into my screen every 10 mins.

I used to sit beside him but moved to the next office cos i just cant stand him. He asked why i moved and i told him that i wanted to be nearer some other colleagues so we could share information and research.

He is so unpredictable and tardy. He is ALWAYS late. He has never gone early for anything including coming to the office by quarter to 9 just before the main oga. He can wake up in the morning and tell u to go for a meeting with a client by 9am and we wont have even fixed the time with the client. He pisses me off so much that i want to ask for a change to another department. I cant stand him and i have not learnt anything from him.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 11, 2012
blank:

My supervisor that has to keep touching me while talking. I HATE people touching me without my consent. His own can reach poking and expects you to look at him while he talks. SO annoying. and the guy can gossip. I keep telling him to keep his stories to himself but he can't. He looks into my screen every 10 mins.

I used to sit beside him but moved to the next office cos i just cant stand him. He asked why i moved and i told him that i wanted to be nearer some other colleagues so we could share information and research.

He is so unpredictable and tardy. He is ALWAYS late. He has never gone early for anything including coming to the office by quarter to 9 just before the main oga. He can wake up in the morning and tell u to go for a meeting with a client by 9am and we wont have even fixed the time with the client. He pisses me off so much that i want to ask for a change to another department. I cant stand him and i have not learnt anything from him.

HABA!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
@ what i enboldened, U JUST DID! GOSSIP!!!! grin
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by favouredjb(f): 11:10am On Feb 13, 2012
lovely thread

what i hate in my office are as follows

my boss asking u;can u hear me?;after everything she says,expecting yes ma all the timeeven at the most mundane issue or conversation

this particular boss in my office who does not acknowledge the greetings of junior staff,he just stares at u blankly when u greet him(promised myself not to greet him again,but i did this morning)

then the ass kissers,wow this girls takes it to another level,calling our female boss to gist even after ofc hours

this guy tha fears all his oga,note the word 'fear' quite different from bin respectful,he fears them even when he has done nothing wrong!
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by mafolayomi(f): 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2012
@ hardleyC, i tell you. but that has stopped since few days ago o, he did it again, and i just concentrated on my laptop, then d next thing he said was "the phone"? then i said what about it? he said place it back now, then i said Mr lagbaja, dont want to mention his name, you recieved the call, so place it back, since when did that became my responsibilty? there should not be any big deal in u placing the reciever back after recieving calls, thank u. so, i stood up and went to d restroom smiley, b4 i came back he has placed it back. and since that day, he wont only place it back, but will stand up to do so smiley so u see, there are some of those rubbish that can actually be correct
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by mafolayomi(f): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2012
corrected i meant smiley
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Coefficient(m): 10:18am On Feb 20, 2012
my oga who is always threatening us wit sack letters n barks 'its not a joke, we're not joking here' all tym. he too dey do gra gra like agbero

the oda one who pronounces t-shirt as 't-shat'
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 22, 2012
@ Mafolayan,
I like dat!, u dont mean u told him to his face!!!

mehn, i need some tutorials from u.

my boss comes to d office in his car, leaves his laptop & foodflask in d car,

then drops his freaking key on my desk in an annoying manner to go bring

his damn food and laptop up.

i feel so infuriated coz i m not a secretary and this happens everyday,

even wen i was 9 months preg.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2012
@ MAFOLAYOMI i meant! lol
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by shewanna: 5:38am On Sep 04, 2012
[quote

Then another man who  always peep into my food- flask to know what i am eating, yet he wont join me. sometimes i feel uncomfortable bringing out my food before him.[/quote]

​=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)):. I also have a woman like dat in my office. D first thing she asks is; what did u bring today? My reply goes; I brought food. She would ask again; what kind of food?.funny enough she would never join me to eat even when I offer her.I always wonder why she wants to stare at my food. So annoying. I always make sure she's busy before I bring out my food.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Wallie(m): 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
People that inadvertently drop a used paper towel on the floor and leave it there! Nasty! Who the hell do they expect to pick it up except for the cleaning lady that won't show up for another few days?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Plight Of Nigeria Workers And The NLC / 800 Sacked Mainstreet Bank Staff Protest / What Do You Like About Your Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.