Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency (2545 Views)

World Bank Gives Kachikwu Thumbs Up On NNPC Reforms / #NEVER AGAIN, As Nigerians Cheer GEJ On Facebook After Soldiers Visit / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency by Goodcare(m): 9:17am On Feb 10, 2012
Last May I signed the Freedom of Information Bill into an Act. This piece of legislation has been long time coming. On the occassion of the signing I stated my "commitment to run a transparent, open, sincere and accountable government" within the rule of law and the protection of our common destiny. In taking the commitment of transparency to heart I gave my word to the Nigerian people that this administration would put in place policies, institutions and structures so as to ensure transparency in every sphere of our governance trajectory. I believe that the mandate Nigerians gave to me following the election that was acclaimed by both local and international observers as well as a majority of the Nigerian people as free, fair and transparent is to do all within my constitutional powers for the good of our country. My dear friends on facebook, this administration has commenced a series of reforms in many areas including agriculture, power, energy, security, education among others and I want to specially request your support in prayers so as to ensure the success of these initiatives. Regardless of the orchestrated distraction, I will continue to place national interest above partisan politics for it is not about Goodluck Jonathan as an individual it is about Nigeria in the collective. It is not only about the present it is also very clearly, about our future too. I want to call on all those who may continue to view issues only from the prisms of partisan politics to take a break. Election campaigns are over, it is the season to deliver on good governance. In all the areas we have slated for reforms, we have, regardless of party, ideology or other interest, assembled and will continue to do so, very distinguished men and women of outstanding pedigree to carry out assignments in our nations interest. We must reward and call to service excellence and patriotism at all times. GEJ
https://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/320828664634181
Re: GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency by drstan(m): 10:01am On Feb 10, 2012
We are praying for you presido,we know the plans u have for Nigeria is of good and not of evil,
Re: GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency by CarlosVent(m): 10:12am On Feb 10, 2012
GEJ is working.
Some Opposition wants to Occupy Him.
Re: GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency by ypzilanti: 10:51am On Feb 10, 2012
occupy nigeria!
Re: GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency by anonimi: 11:12am On Feb 10, 2012
Has Abati released the list of the two delegations -one for Joe & the other for Patience- that went to Addis Ababa to celebrate the new AU house designed, built and financed by our new colonial masters- the Chinese. Simple thing way Sowore of Sharareporters bin ask and I'm come promise am longest time ago.
Until he does that all this gist about FOI and transparency is just that- gist.

[size=13pt]2012 - Year of VIGILANCE for Victory (V4V)[/size]
Re: GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency by gregg2: 11:41am On Feb 10, 2012
Regardless of the orchestrated distraction,. . . . . I want
to call on all those who may continue to view issues only from the prisms
of partisan politics to take a break.
GEJ

Hope ACN in particular is listening.
Re: GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency by ypzilanti: 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^^Regardless what you government apologists think, the ACN serves a purpose as the only powerful opposition party in Nigeria. Government always needs someone to keep it on its toes, even in more developed climes where they are generally more atunned to the needs of the people.

I am always amazed that government always has its apologists regardless of whatever rubbish they perpetrate. There is always a minimum of 20 percent that just want to go with the flow. This madness means that we had black pleople for segregation in South Africa and USA even as their brothers were being mowed down on the streets. This madness means that there were pro Mubarak and pro Ben Ali people in those countries as the people rose to eject thier government.

Finally the madness is manifested in Nigeria where inspite of the rape Nigeria is undergoing due to its clueless, undeperforming and corrupt governments, there are Nigerians that are supporting the government.

I have nothing personal against GEJ. I will start praising him once I start seeing the development. All this talk, we have heard before and 4 years past with nothing to show. [b]How many times does a man need to kill a lion before he is called a 'lion Killer' [/b]This government needs to be under constant pressure from the opposition (not Boko Haram, abeg).

Talk is cheap.
Re: GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency by anonimi: 1:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
ypzilanti:

^^^Regardless what you government apologists think, the ACN serves a purpose as the only powerful opposition party in Nigeria. Government always needs someone to keep it on its toes, even in more developed climes where they are generally more atunned to the needs of the people.

Abegi leave those in the Association of Conmen in Nigeria out of all these. At least with PDP you know clearly they are non-performers. Not so with ACN and their plenty, plenty media hype and propaganda on future plans as opposed to real action. A bit like Abacha (PDP) compared to Babangida (ACN).

By the way, which party is the powerful opposition to ACN in Tinubu's satellite southwest states
In short Nigerian politicians are currently as different as that between six and half a dozen.
Re: GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency by PapaBrowne(m): 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2012
QUESTION
ypzilanti:

I am always amazed that government always has its apologists regardless of whatever rubbish they perpetrate. There is always a minimum of 20 percent that just want to go with the flow. This madness means that we had black pleople for segregation in South Africa and USA even as their brothers were being mowed down on the streets. This madness means that there were pro Mubarak and pro Ben Ali people in those countries as the people rose to eject thier government.

Finally the madness is manifested in Nigeria where inspite of the violation Nigeria is undergoing due to its clueless, undeperforming and corrupt governments, there are Nigerians that are supporting the government.

I have nothing personal against GEJ. I will start praising him once I start seeing the development. All this talk, we have heard before and 4 years past with nothing to show. How many times does a man need to kill a lion before he is called a 'lion Killer' [/b]This government needs to be under constant pressure from the opposition (not Boko Haram, abeg).

Talk is cheap.

BEST ANSWER>
anonimi:

Abegi leave those in the Association of [b]Conmen
in Nigeria out of all these. At least with PDP you know clearly they are non-performers. Not so with ACN and their plenty, plenty media hype and propaganda on future plans as opposed to real action. A bit like Abacha (PDP) compared to Babangida (ACN).

By the way, which party is the powerful opposition to ACN in Tinubu's satellite southwest states
In short Nigerian politicians are currently as different as that between six and half a dozen.
Re: GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency by Emeka72(m): 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2012
Bayelsa is doing governorship election right now and d president has just voted with his wife and mother.
Re: GEJ On His Government's Reforms And Transparency by Lasinoh: 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2012
Yeah right!
Count down to 2015! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Attacking Boarding Students In FGC-Kano. / Civil Service Reforms: What Happened To The Oronsaye Committee Report? / Igbo 101

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.