Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service (1148 Views)

T.B Joshua: Woman Gives Birth During Church Service (graphic Video) / South African Pastor Strips Members During 'church service' / Disgraced Bishop, Eddie Long Finally Quit New Birth Church!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by AOmega: 11:53am On Feb 10, 2012
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1 Timothy 4:1)
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (2 Timothy 4:3-4)

In an act of outright blasphemy against The Lord, Bishop Eddie Long, of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Atlanta, GA, held a bizarre ceremony in his January 29th church service in which he was “enthroned” as a king and elevated in the air by a group of men to be worshiped as a God by the thousands of followers in his church. The clip is below.

Full Story:

http://beginningandend.com/prosperity-pastor-eddie-long-enthroned-king-church-service/
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by GWslim(f): 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
This is why flesh will continue to be flesh. God help us.
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by AOmega: 12:10pm On Feb 10, 2012
Exactly. It's outright blasphemy and people are actually cheering him on! So sad.
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 10, 2012
Thanks for sharing the site. I have learn much more about that and the

prosperity gospel also. My eyes are opening.
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by Enigma(m): 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^ I pray that your eyes open further and that the truths about the prosperity "gospel" are revealed to you.  smiley

cool
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by dare2think: 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
East:

Thanks for sharing the site. I have learn much more about that and the

prosperity gospel also. My eyes are opening.

You have no idea how the bold put a smile on my face and joy in my heart.

Please there is no harm in learning things and researching history to see how men parade themselves as men of God and at the same time wreck lives and destroy their mental capabilities. It is so sad.

Google 'Jim Jones' (If don't already know him) and witness how a man convinced people to commit mass suicide, including children, because he said it was a revelation from God.

Our desire to be close to God does not mean we should ignore obvious signs of fraud, arrogance and deception. Ignoring these obvious signs does not make one holier.

Good on you 'East'.
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2012
Amen! Thanks @Enigma and @dare2think. will check on Jim Jones also.
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by mabell: 9:36pm On Feb 12, 2012
A-Omega:

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1 Timothy 4:1)
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (2 Timothy 4:3-4)

In an act of outright blasphemy against The Lord, Bishop Eddie Long, of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Atlanta, GA, held a bizarre ceremony in his January 29th church service in which he was “enthroned” as a king and elevated in the air by a group of men to be worshiped as a God by the thousands of followers in his church. The clip is below.

Full Story:

http://beginningandend.com/prosperity-pastor-eddie-long-enthroned-king-church-service/

Haba! that was nota real crowning or 'enthroning' it was an example,he was used as an example shikena
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by Joagbaje(m): 10:27pm On Feb 12, 2012
I'm watching , how some people can make a mountain out of mole hill. What I saw there was just illustrations and dramatization
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by SirJohn(m): 12:17am On Feb 13, 2012
mabell:

Haba! that was nota real crowning or 'enthroning' it was an example,he was used as an example shikena

Joagbaje:

I'm watching , how some people can make a mountain out of mole hill. What I saw there was just illustrations and dramatization

SMH!!
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by dare2think: 2:47am On Feb 13, 2012
Dear sirjohn,

Pls don't shake your head.

That religion has gone to the dogs is an underestimation.

Shock cannot begin to describe some comments that I see here nowadays,

It is either the height of delusion or the sheer weight of deception.

Sometimes I refuse to believe that humans are the ones making these nefarious comments but Malfunctioning computing systems. It is deeply sad.

Atleast people like 'east' are enlightened and encouraged to dig deeper. There is still hope.
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 13, 2012
The Jim Jones case is really sad, just read it. Now i get so worried and ask myself, what hapens to these souls that are decieved?

Who does God hold responsible for? Are they really decieved or because of their self interest they accepted these evil doctrines.

Lord have mercy!!!!!!!!

dare2think:

Please there is no harm in learning things and researching history to see how men parade themselves as men of God and at the same time wreck lives and destroy their mental capabilities. It is so sad.

Google 'Jim Jones' (If don't already know him) and witness how a man convinced people to commit mass suicide, including children, because he said it was a revelation from God.

Our desire to be close to God does not mean we should ignore obvious signs of fraud, arrogance and deception. Ignoring these obvious signs does not make one holier.

Good on you 'East'.
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 13, 2012
dare2think:

Good on you 'East'.

Beautiful post.

@East: keep an open mind on the religioua forum and you may end up learning more. Faith does not necessarily mean throwing reason and common sense out the door,
Re: Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service by PA1982(f): 7:53am On Feb 13, 2012
Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Reflection/homily: Fifth (5th) Sunday Of Lent Year B (march 25 2012) / RCCG Open Heavens Devotional Saturday 2 February 2013 He Knows Everything By Pas / Abdulsleek Is Now A Christian? Atheists And Lying That They Are Christians......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.